Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• icepicicepic Member Posts: 10
    Here's the deal I received on my purchase of a 2009 Blue Slate/Stone G37x Sedan w/ Premium, Navigation, Cargo Net and Splash Guards. I purchased this in the Washington DC area.

MSRP - 41,275
    INVOICE - 37,859
    MY PRICE - 35,513 + TTL (OTD)

2,346 Below Invoice

Thanks for all the information!
  • icepicicepic Member Posts: 10
    I just purchased a new 2009 G37x and am looking for a current owner who has not redeemed their code to team-up for the American Express gift card incentive. More detail is available at http://infinitiusa.com/rewards

Please send me an email at jeff.kocurATgmail.com with the following info:

Owner redemption code (located on the offer card you received in the mail)
    VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

Thanks!
  • zeongzeong Member Posts: 31
    Which Houston dealer ship did you buy from? Thanks.
  • aidetaidet Member Posts: 2
    All the information on the forum greatly assisted me in purchasing our vehicle so I thought I would return the favor. On tuesday we purchased the G37X sedan with the premium package, trunk mat, cargo net, and splash guards. The final sales price of the vehicle was $34,000.00 even plus taxes, tags, and the dealer $99.00 processing fee. The dealer was Jim Coleman Infiniti in Maryland. Hope this helps.`
  • g35seekerg35seeker Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I've got my eyes on a 2007 G35 sport sedan, 6-speed with premium, tech and nav packages with 11k miles. Asking price is $33.8k (dealer certified car).
    I've seen a few posts here where people have paid $35k for a new G37x. Based on depreciation and the current state of the economy, could someone advice me on what's a good price for this car? The car itself is in impeccable condition and has all the possible options except a spoiler.
    This Infiniti dealer is the only one in the state BTW.
    Thanks in advance!
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    I think you know it - that price is way too high no matter how impeccable it is. Have you looked at edmunds used car values yet? This car is going on 3 years old. You could buy a new one for their asking price. Edmunds trade in value is around 25g and retail is around 28g. So shoot for something in between. It sounds like you'll be fighting an uphill battle trying to work with a dealer like that that's jacked the asking price so far above market value...
  • py777py777 Member Posts: 62
    dat2 is right. Last time I talked to the car salesman that I bought the new G from, the 07 G35 with top options are going for around 28k only (we are in California). I bought our new G37 (no Nav and Tec package though) 1k below your G35 price. I think it's definitely too expensive no matter how good of a condition the car is at.

Start with 25k and work your way up. 28k would probably be the max I would pay for the 07 G35.
  • ctshorelinectshoreline Member Posts: 5
    I am looking at low mileage 2008 G35x sedans loaded in CT. Most of the prices at the dealers are the same as the TruValue prices listed on Edmunds.com-$32,000-$34,000 so I am not sure what price to start with negotiations (obviously the dealers are doing their research!). After looking at the posts here these prices seem high. Any suggestions?
    thanks-appreciate the info I am finding here
  • pharm30pharm30 Member Posts: 36
    That is kind of strange since I noticed on dealer rater Scottsdale has a great rating (4.7/5) and Pinnacle has a very low rating (<2/5).
    I was thinking about going to Scottsdale to look even though I live 2 miles from Peoria dealership.
    I found out the Peoria dealership is related to the Acura dealership, since they've called me 5 times in the last 2 weeks after I sent a car link to my dad (never contacted them directly for anything).
  • rdesmanrdesman Member Posts: 43
    I just purchased a G37 sedan at Peoria Infiniti despite living in Scottsdale. Their handling of the sale and pricing was superb. I shopped Infiniti of Scottsdale, Pinnacle, and Superstition Springs and found Peoria to be superior despite being so far away from where I live. All the Phoenix area Infiniti dealers have the same ownership except for Superstition but the management of the customer contact couldn't be more different in my opinion.
  • kcall2kcall2 Member Posts: 18
    Local dlr in OKC has two 08 G35 Journey sedans . One has Prem + splash guards + cargo net MSRP = $36230, other has sunroof + sg + net MSRP = $34730. Given that both are 2mod yr leftover cars, what would be a fair price to begin negotiations.

Would I be better off, given the 09 has 3.7 engine and 7-sp tranny to skip over these orphans? I'm thinking of requesting a dealer quote, and if they are well under invoice, go for test drive.

Whatcha think?
  • snagielsnagiel Member Posts: 750
    I'm sure they're desperate to get rid of them, so if you're interested in getting a good deal (as opposed to getting the G37), then by all means invite them to make you an offer. (In general, he who makes the first offer loses.) I, personally, wouldn't pay a dime over $30k.
  • robosrobos Member Posts: 1
    Icepic -
    It sounds like you got a good deal. Can you please provide the name/number of the dealership where you purchased your car? Thx.
  • jylin7jylin7 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I recently purchased a new 2009 G37x and am looking for a current owner who has not yet redeemed their code for the American Express owner recommendation rewards promotion. The website for information on the deal is at: http://infinitiusa.com/rewards

Please send me an email at Jylin7@gmail.com with the following info:

VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

Thanks a bunch!
    would you mind sharing your deal and/or who you worked with?
    One Peoria salesman I dealt with 6 months ago was jerk, but since they are closer I wouldn't mind. always had good service there. my lease is up in 2 months and not sure if I want to buy new or try to find a used deal on 07-08.
    Come on, you know you want a new one!
    I worked with Melanie. I don't want to publish pricing particulars but it was the best in town by far and equivalent to the best deal I could work with three California dealers and the Tucson dealer. If you want, tell her you want to not mention any names but you want the same deal the couple got who took delivery on Saturday of the Lakeshore Slate G37 sedan.
    I got the better deal by taking the full $2000 rebate and not the financing promo through Infiniti.
    As you shop you will probably hear a story about factory car shortages which I suspect is intended to boost pricing but I believe the seeming lack of available cars might in fact be partially due to local stocking decisions. It's hard to tell.
    They are getting new cars as mine still had the white shipping wrap on it and had not been detailed yet so they are getting new inventory.
    Good luck.
  • kcall2kcall2 Member Posts: 18
    They appear desparate, alright. Requested a quote via e-mail last night, and got an almost immediate auto-responder reply, with a follow-up phone call this morning. The sales person said the '08's were marked down $5g a couple months back, and they would probably work from there.

Waiting for them to offer an opening price, as per your suggestion. Will see what happens.
  • dulisdulis Member Posts: 1
    Hi All:

I am currently reviewing some information I received from dealers but question the accuracy. Does anybody know the June residual and money factor for both the sedan and coupe?

Also, I am being told that the MSRP is set by the manufacturer and not the dealer? Is that accurate because it seems that MSRP's vary between dealerships, etc.

I really want to move forward but just want to make sure I have all the information necisary to get the best deaal.

Thanks!!
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    There is only one MSRP, set by Infiniti What you might be seeing is MSRP + dealer options. Some dealers are good about not junking up cars with dealer add-on's others go over the top with it.

I only have the Journey Sedan 39/12k June numbers:
    Residual: 60% (excellent)
    MF: .002410 (Miserable)
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Coincidence?
    I got a call AND an email today from the woman you worked with, 3 calls in the last 2 weeks from 3 different people.
    Hope you don't work for the dealer.... ;)
    Which options did you get?
    I will probably email her and check out my options.

would I get an additional $1k waived for turning in lease and buying a new one?
    One thing you can be sure of in all this is that I do not work for them nor am I affiliated in any way ( I know you were kidding but had to say it anyway)
    The options on the Journey we got were :
    Premium, Navigation, Technology, Alarm Sensor, Splash Guards, Illuminated Kick Plates, Rosewood, Cargo Net, Splash Guards. there were several smaller options we did not want particularly but as I said I got the deal I wanted and I didn't have to fly to Californai to pick up my second or third choice vehicles.
    I've never leased so I don't know any of the games with closing one out earlier.
    Have you had experience with any of the other Phoenix Infiniti service departments and do you recommend Peoria's?
    If you are serious, you have three weeks to work them up to a froth right before the end of the month "meet quota crash point".
    Good luck.
    Thanks for the response.
    I think I'd be happy with Premium and upgraded wheels.
    I have no experience with other dealerships.. never had an issue with Peoria's service, except that whoever washes the cars after service doesn't do a very good job. Service managers were pleasant, but it seems like I only recognize a couple every time I go back.
    I thought about getting the wheels upgrade the last G I got, then looked at the cost of replacement tires for the upgraded wheels and decided to live with the standard wheels.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    thanks, didn't really consider that.
  • tx_z_drivertx_z_driver Member Posts: 2
    About to start negotiating price on a new G37 coupe and was wondering if the $2,000 factory to dealer rebate I read about in May was still in place in June? And is this info out on the web anywhere? Been searching for it but can't find it anywhere. All Infiniti has posted are the special finance rates.

Thanks!
  • dfwhondadfwhonda Member Posts: 45
    I saw the factory to dealer on Edmunds.com when I did a TMV pricing analysis on a G37 Sedan. Apparently it runs through the end of June.

I've been talking with a dealer in my area, and when I mentioned that I may only have through the end of June to take advantage of this offer, instead of telling me I was right, he said since we're talking about '09s and the '10s are supposedly on the way in the next 3 - 4 months, incentives might get better going forward. I'm debating whether to wait as I'm looking for a 6mt, and there only appear to be a couple in TX right now (so I don't know if I can get dealers down to $2k below invoice like others on this forum have been able to).
  • py777py777 Member Posts: 62
    I think there are dealers out there that wants to sell the car. I bought a G37 Sedan 6MT and there are just about 4 in the N. California. We still got a good deal (about $2400 below invoice). And the dealer has to get the car from another dealership as well... I'd say take advantage of Edmunds auto quote from dealers engine. Or call up the Internet Fleet dept of the dealerships around you to find a salesperson that's willing to work with you. Just be patient and I'm sure they are willing to make it work. Good luck.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a finance magazine is looking to speak to consumers who are owners of a Infiniti G37. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to ctalati@edmunds.com by Tuesday, June 16, 2009.
  • jjg37jjg37 Member Posts: 12
    Hi, I just purchased a new 2009 G37 Journey and am looking for a current owner who has not yet redeemed his/her code for the American Express owner recommendation rewards promotion. The website for information on the deal is at: http://infinitiusa.com/rewards

Please send me an email at forwardjj@gmail.com with the following info:

VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

Thanks a lot!
    Just bought a new 2009 G37 Journey sedan. Noticed that when the front headlight automatically turns on (when outside environment becomes dark, such as going thru a tunnel), the illumination level on the instrument panel will become much lower than before the lights are on. (This happens when the illumination level is Not set at the 'MAX" amount - when its at MAX, its too bright to my eyes). When the illumination is set at "MAX", the auto on/off of headlights won't affect the lighting of the instrument panel. Do you guys have the same phenomenon on your new cars? is this normal or reason for concern? Please advise. You can reach me at forwardjj@gmail.com :confuse: :cry:
  • snagielsnagiel Member Posts: 750
    According to Edmunds, the $2k marketing support incentive that is helping everyone recently pay below invoice is supposed to expire at the end of the month.

Does anyone think/know whether it is likely to be reinstated for July as well?
    That is the way that my 05 worked and my 08 works.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • adamlyadamly Member Posts: 7
    I recently purchased an '07 Journey G35 Sedan (no premium or nav) from Tustin Infiniti with approx 25k miles on it. I was able to get them down to 23,500 (don't know how great that is...). Outside financing through PenFed.org was 3.99%. The car was is great condition minus a few slight scratches. I really had to scrap for the last few hundreds in savings. Hope this helps anyone looking for something similar.
    so far, not impressed. The offer I got through email mentioned the MSRP and a total monthly payment for 72 months. Using a calculator that is MSRP+TTL.

I guess they are not desperate enough.
    I did mention your deal in my original email...unless you paid MSRP, I'm not getting the same deal....
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    That's normal and actually a clever design b/c most people don't need the bright panel when we are in a dark area or at night... getting dark -> turn on headlights -> lower the panel light.
  • mrjerriosmrjerrios Member Posts: 4
    Please post how much you purchased your vehicle for.

Thanks!
  • hakunamhakunam Member Posts: 13
    Can you please mention the dealer? Any other information would be appreciated too.
  • jylin7jylin7 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I recently purchased a new 2009 G37x and am looking for a current owner who has not yet redeemed their code for the American Express owner recommendation rewards promotion. The website for information on the deal is at: http://infinitiusa.com/rewards

Please send me an email at Jylin7gmail.com with the following info:

VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

Thanks a bunch!
  • elurianelurian Member Posts: 1
    I'm also going to purchase a G37 and need a current Infiniti owner who's interested in a free $150 that's willing to recommend the car.

Please send:

VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

to jfoster@sagetestprep.com

and yeah, I know jylin gets dibs on the first one. :)
  • moahmoah Member Posts: 3
    I bought G37 Sedan Journey with "Premium Package", "Navigation", "Infinite Kick Plate". I am living in Bay Area, CA.

MSRP: 39,565
    Invoice: 36,239
    TMV: 37,407

My Deal: 36,000 + 0.90% + 36 months

And I need a current G37 owner, who is interesting in a free $150 that's willing to recommend the car.

Please send:
    VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

to moah.kim@gmail.com

Thank you so much!
  • alisabaalisaba Member Posts: 4
    Can you pls comment on which dealer in Houston you bought this through and what was your price without TTL? What was the invoice/MSRP price of this car?

Thanks,
  • sam_peytonsam_peyton Member Posts: 22
    So 34,000 included the tax, tags, and license? What was the MSRP of the vehicle
    Did anybody purchase an Infiniti 5-year Maintenance Plan? I bought the plan for $1600 from the dealer when I got my 2009 G37. Not sure if this plan is a good deal? Anybody knows? Can anybody advise how much would it cost for dealer maintenance if without the plan? Thanks!
  • pic6pic6 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased g37 journey on june 6th. How long does it take to receive the redemtion code? Thanks semperphi1@aol.com
  • mrjerriosmrjerrios Member Posts: 4
    No. Never ever buy a maintenance plan from the dealer, you got duped.
  • some3plussome3plus Member Posts: 6
    I am going to start engaging Austin area dealer for a G37 with Premium, Nav, Tech and sports package. Anyone in Austin, Dallas or Houston please respond how their deals worked out. Thanks.
  • tx_z_drivertx_z_driver Member Posts: 2
    Got Invoice - $1000 + TTL to have a car shipped in with my exact specs (Athens Blue, Premium, Sport, 7AT). I got similar quotes from Houston dealers, and probably could have gotten a better price to go drive a car off their lot, but travel was prohibitive. From what I can tell, Austin market is pretty small and local inventory is relatively low. You'll see more choices if you look at Houston/DFW.
  • hebguy03hebguy03 Member Posts: 6
    I live in the DFW area and recently purchased a new G37 Coupe with the exact options I was looking for. I shopped for over 3 months.

Houston dealers weren't offering any substantial offers - I tried them all. Most wouldn't even budge on their first offer via email even though I said I was ready to buy (cash) if they offered me the price I was looking for.

The Austin dealer's pricing was not as competitive either.

I had success with Sewell Infiniti in Dallas although I had to provide a lower quote from another DFW dealer to get a better price (but that's all part of the game). They had the exact car/color/options I wanted so I went with them. The final price was almost $1K under invoice for a 2009. Ask to work with Allison.

A close 2nd was Bob Moore Infiniti in Oklahoma City. They offered very competitive pricing and were also very professional. We were $700 away from the price I wanted. I didn't budge and neither did the dealer.

If you have your heart set on specific color or options, go with that. In retrospect, I am so glad I waited to get the car with the color and options I wanted. Decide what you're willing to compromise on and what you're not.
    Hi mrjerrios,

Can you please explain more? Why you think it's not good to buy a maintenance plan? Thanks!