Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura MDX Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• henrywhenryw Member Posts: 4
    I think if you press the real manual button (green light on), you can only control the rear AC using the two dials and two buttons in the back.

When the rear manual is off (green light off), the AC controller takes control of the rear AC (as well as the front AC).

We wish that the MDX can remember the previous rear AC control setting. It always go back to front control (i.e. green light off) with you restart the car.
  • sbcookesbcooke Member Posts: 2,297
    Our '02 provides heat/cooling via the rear vents when in "full auto" mode. Often it is too cold so we put it in rear manual mode.
  • leonivleoniv Member Posts: 120
    Interesting. Seems like air should flow from the rear vents when in full auto mode, which is what I thought should happen. But when I turn on the AC, no air comes out of the rear vents unless I press the rear control button. Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order. Thanks for the info everyone.
  • fluffy3catfluffy3cat Member Posts: 2
    I just traded in my '02 MDX for a RX400h (which I LOVE). While most of my problems were minor and annoying, it was the dealership's attitude that caused me to trade the car in ahead on my normal schedule. When I would take the car in, they were condescending and NEVER believed a word I said about the problems I was having with the car. I should have known looking back now, hindsight always being 20/20, because they didn't even care enough when I bought the car originally to fully get it ready for me (it still had all the interior plastic on it), unlike the Lexus Dealership, where the salesperson spent 40 minutes making sure that before I drove off the lot the car was ready and set to my satisfaction. That's a luxury car dealership and car.

My problems with my MDX were drivers side air noise, weird noise when braking and a never resolved issue with the heating/air system that seemed to resolve itself when the car made a SPRONG noise one day (the dealership said everything was normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) (in just that way). I did like the car, it handled well but I just could not stand that dealership and I live in a relatively small area so for warranty work, they were the only game in town.
    I think it is ridiculous that we all expect better treatment at "luxury" car dealerships. I know that is the general accepted expectation, however even a $12,000 nissan sentra buyer should expect good treatment, to get a vehicle delivered completely and to satisfaction.

Being nice, courteous and thorough as a salesperson doesn't cost anymore, it is just attitude. Anyway, I understand the general expectations and reality, but still don't like it.
  • ltazeltaze Member Posts: 17
    I have a 2002 MDX and overall it has been fine. I have had three minor issues with it. The first is a clicking noise and a slight shift of the driver's seat when you make a tight turn. The dealer said they fixed it, but I still get it sometimes. Second issue was my LCD screen started leaking and began to look like an etch a sketch. I took it in and the dealer fixed it under warranty with no problems. My third issue is the one you are having, and that is that sometimes the car won't start. I also turn the key in the ignition and it won't start. I took it in to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong, but my guess is that it is a faulty ignition connection. If I pull the key out and wait a few minutes, I can then start the car with no problems, which is why I think the problem is with the ignition not having a good connections sometimes. Otherwise the car has been fine. Oh and for the person above who has to pay for a loaner from theri Acua dealer, man that stinks. My Acura dealership gives you a new TL as a loaner free of charge.
  • janet724janet724 Member Posts: 1
    I, too, am VERY dissatisfied w/ my 2005 MDX! Aside from taking it back to the dealer the second day because the A/C wouldn't work, I have had it in for 'CLUNKING' sounds, various rattles, static in the AM & XM radio and problems with the NAVIGATION system. I don't think it is the GAS sloshing but, rather, when the weight of the car transfers from the front to the back (& then from the back to the front) you hear a 'CLUNK'. It has to do w/ ENERTIA. My son thinks there is a problem w/ the frame and/or the sub-frame. My frustration is the SERVICE DEPT never hears the sounds!!! Plus the NAVI SYSTEM is not user-friendly.... I had no problem w/ my NAVI SYSTEM in my MERCEDES ML430... In fact, I wished I had kept that car!!! But since the warranty was finished, we decided a new car would be more trouble-free & less expensive to maintain. We spent a lot of $$$ for an inferior product. :confuse: :sick: :lemon: BTW-This is my 3rd Acura...I never had problems w/ the 1st two.
    WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS BEING A WEIGHT TRANSFER PROBLEM???
    There is/was an issue with previous years models with the brake calipers. When you back up the first time they switch positions and cause a clunk and same going forward. I thought this was resolved for the 2005 model year. There is a TSB re: brake clunk, adding larger springs to the brake calipers I think that was supposed to resolve this.

My '02 doesn't have the gas tank noise or at least not that I can notice. We had the brake fix applied and it seems the same to me, but never bad either? Maybe it is because mine was made on a Wednesday?
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    Both my '01 MDX and my '04 MDX have been problem free :shades:
  • xmasboyxmasboy Member Posts: 1
    leoniv

it will work if you have MODE set to body and toggle the RR A/C Manual button. by default, the MODE is set to Vent and Foot.

Mine is brand new 2005 since Feb, bought it in Canada, i notice the leather getting wrinkle and faded on my left driver and right passenger sides recently.
  • bensongbensong Member Posts: 1
    I am new to this forum, so pls bear with me. My 2nd row seats are sqeuaking, does anyone else have the same problem? If so do you know what's causing it?
  • irishwheatirishwheat Member Posts: 30
    My 2005 mdx had all kinds of Nav/radio problems, Acura initially stated they knew about the problems but had not fix, Finally they did come out with a software fix, push them on this, there is a service notice...And like you I paid a lot of money for what feels like an inferior product. I am seriously thinking of selling it...
  • mdxmamamdxmama Member Posts: 4
    nice car for the wife

outstanding nav system (touch screen is beyond cool)

bluetooth works fine with a motorola v330

question - when i take my foot off the accelerator, say to coast up to a light, I feel a noticable drag from the transmission (in D5)........quite a bit different from our other cars, an Expediton and an Avalon..........is this normal?
  • lola1234lola1234 Member Posts: 7
    Oh yes I had the same problem with the 2nd row with my 2003 MDX. I took it back to the dealer and they tighten the seats to the mount but 1 month later the seats started again with the same problem. Dealer could not fix. I also had rattles coming from the roof rack and the breaks of course had the clunk noise when first breaking. I got tired of taking it back to the dealership and again they could not fix any of these problems. Very disappointed!! For $37 to many problems. I love the MDX speed and power but it has a lot of disadvantages and cheap interior as well. Traded it in and got the RX330, its not as powerful but the quality is 5 star in and out...Hope you have better luck getting it fixed since the MDX is still my first choice over all.
  • lola1234lola1234 Member Posts: 7
    Have you looked @ the RX330. Wonderful seats and very roomy in the truck for stroller,etc.
  • carusercaruser Member Posts: 12
    Hi, I got my MDX touing/navi/dvd three weeks back. my navi lcd gets dark and not easy to view once I turn on headlights. without headlights on, lcd is very bright. is there adjustment I can make for the brightness of lvd screen?
    Thanks,
  • henrywhenryw Member Posts: 4
    You can go to setup screen to set the LCD light, however, it will stay in the light or dark mode forever if not in auto mode.

You can also press and hold the dial (the little stick below the zoom botton) for 20 seconds and the LCD will light up and dim down. This will effect until you turn off the car.

I normally use the second method in areas that require you to turn on head lights during daytime. I do wish the 20 seconds press and hold time can be shorter (like 10 seconds).
  • carusercaruser Member Posts: 12
    Henryw,
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I'll try it out.
  • michael10michael10 Member Posts: 29
    I have 02 mdx w/ 72k and just started noticing what sounds like a fluttering sound coming from under the car. It seems to happen when cruising at 40 - 60 mph and I let off the gas. The sound occurs for a 3-5 seconds or will go away when I accelerate again. Anyone else experience this or know what this could be. It does not happen all that often, I notice it only once in a while. I would like to try to pinpoint the noise before I bring it to some one, since getting it to reproduce when I would like it to happen is going to be difficult. Thanks
  • dancedocdancedoc Member Posts: 1
    I have the same thing-- on or off the gass at about 45 miles per hour a rattling fluttering sound that seems like under the hood- sounds and feels like when you run off the road and get awakened by the rumble strips- lasts 3 to 6 seconds-- a nice repair shop ( while on vacation, so not a dealer- they took the time to go on a road test with me) heard it with me, they put it up in the air and it would not repeat when in the air at the same speed-- but when they took it down and repeated the road test they heard it again- also interesting it doesn't occur in the rain, or in D4. This makes no sense to me , (have you tried this?) or them, but perhaps you have found out what it is?? They checked everything and thought everything seems tight, and the wheels are turning equally, and thought it was safe for me to return home. At higher speeds it does not occur. I am going to take it to the dealer, but I will be surprised if they take it for a 10 minute test drive at 40 miles per hour!!
  • 03tls03tls Member Posts: 1
    I've heard that the rear blower resister is becoming a problem on the mdx.We own a 2004 and it has had to be replaced once,we also had a blower motor and resister replaced on our 03-tl s type.that one is out of warranty so we had to pay for that repair our local dealer is outragous for replacement parts,we found an awesome site for cheap parts www.acuraparts247.com and when I called them they even told me how to replace the motor so now we get mostly all of our mdx & tl parts from them they sell only factory acura parts and my new mechanic has no problem using them.
  • mjtianmjtian Member Posts: 48
    I hope you have it figured out already. The code is on your key chain. Mine went out when some girl left my dome light on in the back and I had to call road side assistance 2 days later to charge my battery. And Yes, your dealer should know that code.
  • mdxtxmdxtx Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with my 2004 MDX I bought last October. First the dealer tried to put padding around the sub-woofer and my kids still heard the piercing buzzing noise. So last time I was in, they replaced it with a brand new one. Now my son was covering his ears because it is happening again. Did you finally get your problem solved and if yes, what did the dealer do to repair it? Thanks.

Also having 2 other stereo problems - wondered if anyone is experiencing these:
    1. My channel control on steering wheel is sometimes not going through the channels in order such as on FM-1; instead it is flipping from an FM-1 preset, to an FM-2 preset, to AM, to CD, to AUX etc.
    2. My radio sometimes gets interference - high static noise. I mentioned it to dealer and they thought it was from cell towers but I've never had this problem with other cars I've owned (Jeep, Ford). And last road trip I took, it happened a few more times while on the highway.

Appreciate anyones advice on these problems. Other than this, I love my MDX.
  • ijkzijkz Member Posts: 7
    mdxtx,
    I too have a similar interference problem. Whenever I have stereo on, either radio or CD, periodically I would hear 5 or 6 consecutive static sounds at a time. Have you figured out a solution? Any help is appreciated.
  • dalohmdalohm Member Posts: 1
    Climate control on my 2005 MDX works most of the times. When ouside temp is hot (>90 deg.) cold air turns into hot air even though inside temperature is still hot. After a while (10 min or so), cold air comes back again. Seems like it cycles periodically. There might be some protective mechnism (overload or over temp, for example) in the unit not detected by control computer. I went to the dealer and they say all is normal.
    Anybody has similar problem or idea on what is wrong?
  • meerfanmeerfan Member Posts: 10
    If you have a BlackBerry or similiar wireless device, these are known to cause static/clicks over just about any speaker they get near when they are transmitting. (Such as telephones, PC speakers, car speakers, whatever.) Just a thought, if you happen to have one.
  • tmsquirgtmsquirg Member Posts: 1
    I hate to tell you guys this. I have a 2001 MDX and at about 43K miles, I had the same problem. Mainly between 2nd and 3rd gear, felt like rumbling strips. Had it to the dealer multiple times; couldn't replicate. Filed complaint with Acura. They referred to a second dealer, who also couldn't replicate. After doing a lot of research (the mdx forum not affiliated with Edmunds), I found that it was the transmission. I pressured them to replace it for free and haven't had the problem since. Also got a warranty increase to 75K. Keep pushing them; it isn't normal!!
    I am not sure, but maybe sell it at 70K miles. Get out under warrantly? If you at 43K miles on a 2001 you probably have a few good years left, but that point it will be 6 ish years old and maybe you can get out without a problem? If it is a real problem and breaks...you get a new trans under warranty.

If it isn't happening I say don't worry about it.
  • pip1pip1 Member Posts: 1
    I don't even know if this person is still looking at this site because the message is 1.5 years old, but I have to respond. In December 2002 the same thing happened to me. Like you I do not live in a rural area nor in the hills and most of my neighbors and my husband park in our driveways and on the street. At the time it happened to me they told us that since it had been raining the rats were looking for a warm place to sleep. They also said they had another car in for repairs with the same problem. We were shocked because we'd never heard anything like it and no one else I knew had either but we figured ok, that's weird but it's our bad luck. They also knew it was rats because of the droppings on the engine. That was my 2001 MDX.

Now, 2.5 years later I had the same problem. This is a 2003 MDX it's not even the same car. When the mechanic told me what it was I said "AGAIN?!", he and the service associate looked at each other and said "AGAIN?". Right now there are 3 cars in with the same problem, it's a different dealer and one of the cars is a small Acura (with the dead rat in the fan belt). They showed me underneath the hood and it was disgusting, rat droppings all over. I asked how it was possible that it had never happened to my neighbors or my husband's Audi but it has now happened twice to two different Acuras. The service associate told me that the Acuras have some type of protective shield under the front end of the cars which rats to jump on and from there into the engine. This is obviously a major design issue. We have called Acura to lodge a complaint and are waiting for a case manager to call back. I certainly don't want to pay for this. I have to rent a car and pay the difference from what the dealership pays because all I can get is a TL and I have 3 kids, plus drive others to camp so I need a 7 passenger vehicle.

A friend's neighbor has had the same problem. I'm trying to find out how many others have had it because something needs to be done, it's inconvenient and disgusting.

If anyone else has had this problem please let us know.

Thanks.
  • kiefer1kiefer1 Member Posts: 7
    any problem with using regular gas (87 octane) in my 2005 MDX. thanks.
    No issue here. Lots of squirrels in our neighborhood, rats with tails.
  • mdx_njmdx_nj Member Posts: 7
    I purchased a 2005 MDX 15 days back and we noticed the malfunction indicator on when we had 300 miles on it , we walked into the delearship to get it checked but they asked us to take an appointment and said that it souldn't be a problem driving it as the engine should be ok and new. But when we took it back to the delear after fixing the appointement they scanned the engine and didn't find any problem with the emissions. But they said that the computer inside the car is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced and claims that it requires one week to replace it. They provided me with a loner car until it is fixed. But is this a common problem and did it happen to any one. Please let me know your expereinace and guide me.I am a bit worried as it just 15 days old car- Thanks for all your help
    Very uncommon. The computer? That is a very fixable part. You have 2 options...return it NOW and DEMAND your money back and wait/go to another dealership get a different vehicle somewhere else, etc....if you try to negotiate something you will lose and be stuck with it (not that there is anything bad with that, but if you want out, you have one and only one chance).

second option, let them fix it and deal with it. It is just a car, it is under warranty and if a good service department they can fix it...a bad service department can fix it, but they usually don't care enough to do so.
    Can I go to the delear and return the car and ask for refund of money. Do I need to go through any kind of process. Do they generally/easily agree? They say that it is fixable and waiting for the part. Please guide me Thanks
    Do you want your money back? How many miles are on it? You have 2 options on return...get your money back or get a new car. Both will be next to impossible, but I think money back and then get a new car somewhere else is the best option...this dealer probably won't help you down the line with any other problems if you get a replacement. Money back means they will want to ding you and give you the value of a used car not all of you money back (purchase - 10%)

If under 1000 miles...you should have a 30 day moneyback guarantee? Search the web for rules/laws for your state, call the Better Business Bureau for suggestions/rules.

You will need to be a major [non-permissible content removed] to get this accomplished. The car dealerships have people who probably go to special training to beat you. Take it back. Go to your sales person, give him the keys and tell him you want your money back (can you stop payment on the financing/loan?), tell him that you do not want it, it is going to sit on his lot until he does something, you are not paying for it, he can talk to your lawyer, etc.

Well??? Maybe that is the second step. First, stop putting miles on it (Don't take it back from service), if you want to return it, you should keep the miles very low. Try going into the dealership, speak with the manager and politely explain your case and see if they will take it back. When that fails...back to plan b.

YOU CAN BEAT THEM. But they are trained at making you feel guilty, to scam you...making you take eat 10% of the value of the vehicle when you shouldn't...

The day car dealerships get regulated, have to be honest, take returns, perform good (honest) service, punished for lying/tricking/ripping off customers, ugh...that will be the day...how do I really feel :-)

My recommendation is to let them fix it. It is just a car. But man, do I loathe car dealerships...and this kind of thing is a perfect example of when you bought something off the rack and it should be perfect, and it is not...the manufacturer should pay for the losses incurred by the dealer since they sold them something that was broken.

Keep in mind this is just a pep talk...you will need to be a major [non-permissible content removed], perhaps picket on the street out front, etc to beat them at their game and to succeed. It may not be worth the years off your life in stress value.
  • gearup72gearup72 Member Posts: 13
    I just had a new 2005 Chevy Corvette repurchased by GM. The auto transmission went after 4 days and 300 miles. It took me over 4 months and I had to hire a consumer lawyer to help get my money back (including attorney's fees). It is a long process to get a refund from the manufacturer. Check the lemon laws in your state. I am not a lawyer but I don't believe there is any time frame that they must give you a refund. Some people think you have 3 days to return it. Not true. The lemon law in VA allows the manufacturer 3 chances to fix the problem or 1 chance if it is a big safety issue. I would recommend allowing them to fix the problem. My entire Corvette was practically dismantled and they still didn't fix the problem. They lied to me numerous times and tried to screw me out of money. I will never buy a GM product ---- EVER! I bought a new MDX after owning a CL for 4 years. I did have the transmission go in the CL but Acura handled the problem to my satisfaction. I just went 4 months without a car so the process of hiring a lawyer is not for the faint of heart........
  • fndlyfmrflyrfndlyfmrflyr Member Posts: 668
    I have had car computers fail twice (Volvo and Corvette), so while not unusual, it does happen. Both computers were replaced (each took a week or so to get the part) and both ran perfectly with the new computers.

With respect to getting money back, I have done that twice, with no lawyer used. One of my Corvettes (not the one with the bad computer) was repurchased by the dealer. This is very unusual. On the Jag, I asked the manufacturer for another car and received the next model year car at no cost (it was right at model change time).

I was an arbitrator for about 15 years and about half the time the consumer won. The time frame from start to finish was about 90 days and I awarded a repurchase numerous times. Not once did any manufacturer delay the repurchase. I don't know how the BBB arbitration program works now, and I don't know which manufacturers are in the BBB Autoline arbitration program, but no lawyer is needed.

A car warranty is given by the manufacturer, not the dealer. When there is a warranty problem with a new car the dealer has no obligation to offer a repurchase or replacement.
  • gmsherrygmsherry Member Posts: 1
    Hi- Was the Indicator that came on for the engine or for the SRS AirBag?...I just purchased a 2005 three weeks ago and the SRS Airbag indicator light came on yesterday.

MDX manual says "contact dealer immediately" This AM the dealer said indicator came on due to "putting things on passenger seat, people moving around on passenger seat" (which is really pretty silly... is it not expected that people in the passenger seat move around.... ).

I'll pursue further as have had the vehicle three weeks and light just came on during a short trip yesterday. Wonder if this is a known problem that they want to dodge as would imact svc margins (and also greatly decrease satisfaction with MDX service and product.)

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks, in advance,

Greg
    The malfunction indicator is related to the engine emissions. But thy said that it was some problem with the computer not the emissions itself. They replaced the Computer . They were not willing to take back the car which is as expected , claims it is a minor computer defect nothing wrong with the engine. we argued and gave up . They gave a $500 credit and free oil changes. I definitely think you should talk to the dele ar and find the exact reason and take it from there post the details
  • mjtianmjtian Member Posts: 48
    When I was in New Jersey for the Winter with my 2002 MDX, one of the idoit gas station workers pumped regular after I had asked him specifically to pump premium. Since I was putting on 60 miles round trip everyday on the highway I noticed the change in gas milage pretty quick. Other than getting less miles per fill-up, I really didn't notice any difference. I do recall my salesman mentioning alternating Premium with regular [87] or regular plus [89] gas. But since I noticed the difference right away, I figured I'll stay with the premium. I was getting about 19.5/Gal with premium vs. 16.5/gal for regular. I hope this helps!
  • docmwkdocmwk Member Posts: 1
    I'm having a very difficult time at the moment getting Acura to warrant an engine replacement on my '04 MDX (aprox 12K miles, proper maintenance). The vehicle became overheated on a trip last week and simply shut down. The dealer found a hole in the radiator which appears to have been caused by something that was inside being projected out. Acura tried to push the repair bill onto the auto insurance, the adjuster found no evidence at all of damage from hitting an object anywhere on or under the vehicle and refused to pay a claim. Before the engine failed, the 4 wd light came on then the ABS light and finally,seconds before shutting down, the check engine light came on. By that time, the engine was so hot it melted several surrounding systems, probably affecting the computer components as well. The overall repair bill is now over $7000 and frankly, I no longer want the vehicle, too much damage. Has anyone heard of a similar disaster? This will likely take a great deal of time and attorney's fees to resolve. This is my second MDX, had no problems since Jan '01 and just talked my 66 year old mother into buying an '05. Any advise from owners with similar experiences would be appreciated.
  • jatpatjatpat Member Posts: 1
    Please help!

Just got a new 2005 Acura MDX - has about 600 miles now.
    The problem I am describing seems to have started just about now.

This only happens when I first start the MDX and only going forward, not in reverse.
    After I start the MDX and put it in drive, a few seconds later, I feel a slight click/vibration feedback and a soft clunking noise through the gas pedal. A few seconds later, there is another such feedback through the gas pedal.
    This does not occur again on subsequent stops and goes. But, if I turn the car OFF and start it again, the same sequence of events occur. It is always two clunks after I drive away.

I always drive away smoothly without hard acceleration. I have tried to accelerate faster but the same thing happens.

Anyone else experience this? Any ideas about what could be wrong?

Planning to take it to the dealer but wanted to be educated before I go.

Thanks
  • dean7dean7 Member Posts: 32
    Please advise- the first aspen pearl white MDX (31 miles) I was going to purchase had uneven paint over the body (panel, door, and bumper differences as well as "sunburn" yellow/brown streaks) so they sent it out to be "repainted". In the meantime, they found another one from another dealer which looked good two weeks back but now is showing clear signs of different paint tones just like the other (differences between doors, bumpers, and yellow streaks by door seams). It has 500 miles on it and is ONLY 2 WEEKS OLD!! Obviously I am ticked and am not happy about "repainting" certain areas of the car!!!!! Damn- it's brand new! I was told the first one was "one in a thousand"....well this makes 2 in a thousand and from the same dealer! I have already spoken with legal counsel and know some of my options- they want to repaint it (about a week and a half) and return it to me. I like the car and color - IF IT WAS ALL ONE COLOR. Any thoughts out there? Thanks!
  • vladimvladim Member Posts: 1
    I got the same problem 3 times with CL. 2 times was during the waranty period and now I got it right after the waranty expired.

The dealership asks for 850$ to fix. I do not believe they are able to fix it because if happened 3 times already. So, I am not sure what to do. I am afraid I need to pay such price each year.
  • n00bn00b Member Posts: 10
    check the lemon law in your state, you might not have to pay for the fix.
  • leonivleoniv Member Posts: 120
    Seems to be a common problem with Acura's. I saw other white Acura's in the service bay while buying my 05 aspen white MDX and noticed that the bumpers didn't match the body, just like my MDX. Acura claims it's the way the paint bonds to plastic (bumper) vs. metal (body). Don't know if that's the real reason, but it is consistently the case across different models I saw (CL, TL). The difference on mine wasn't really obvious so I stuck with it b/c I wanted white.
  • dean7dean7 Member Posts: 32
    I'll find out what the warranty people will do. I have noticed a few that are exact and afew that are different. So, somewhere along the line, the "it's always going to be different on the bumpers" doesn't hold true. Especially since I have looked at many, many pearl white cars now: Toyotas, Mitshubishi's, Lexus, Lincolns, Cadillacs, and others and most are PERFECT. Seems pretty poor quality/consistency for a "luxury" car. We'll see. Any others notice this???
  • dvdmandvdman Member Posts: 7
    >So they did the work. The window works great and doesn't make a sound now. I'm very happy >with the car once that giant annoyance was fixed.

Does anyone know exactly what work they did to fix this? My window is making funny sounds similar.
  • tintintintin Member Posts: 19
    I just noticed this morning that there is small (about 1/4 inch) crack in the paint on the front bumper. Are there known problems with this color or in general with Acura paint quality? Any advice? My car is only a month old.

Thanks.... :(
  • dwfdwf Member Posts: 2
    My first choice was the Aspen Pearl until I saw two in the dealers lot and noticed the different shade of pearl white from the bumper to the rest of the car. Dealer indicated that all the lighter pearl colors are this way and had me look at another pearl colored car.Sure enough, you could see a difference. I knew this would just bug the crap out of me so I ended up getting the Black Pearl...SOB to keep clean but at least same color all through the car! I don't notice Lexus having this problem...maybe Acura need some lessons on how to paint cars?