Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rf530rf530 Member Posts: 4
    is there any way to confirm the diesel option? I'd hold out for one of those which is the reason why mum is the word.
  • alwaysacuraalwaysacura Member Posts: 8
    I am really glad to hear that they're not redesigning the MDX. I just bought mine and then read that article. I'd hate to buy right before a redesign. What is an MMC?

Thanks!
  • twinmdxtwinmdx Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I am looking to buy a new 2010 Tech package in the MSP twin cities area. I looked around and found the best deal at 44218 with taxes, accessories and title/ tag. Does anyone have a better price in mind in that area?

I also looked in the Chicagoland area and found a quote of 41559. Can I buy a car from a Chicago dealer and register the car in MN? What are your usual thoughts about getting a car from a different state?
    Between WI, MN and IL, whats the best state in terms of taxes and tag etc?

:)
  • rf530rf530 Member Posts: 4
    You can't possibly expect to get any useful response with the way you quoted a Tech price. There are like 50 dealer installed accessories to choose from so you can spend $0 or $4/5K on them. Add to that the tax differences by state, doc fees different by dealer, and you can see where I'm going.

My advice is to compare model pricing without accessories and specific accessory pricing. You can deal with out of state if you want but it's more of a hassle.
    I have been emailing everyone about the accessories I want. The accessories I want are:
    1. Remote Engine Starter System
    2. Engine Block heater.
    3. All-Season Floor Mats
    4. Side Steps

It seems like only half of them call back with a price detail on the accessories. The dealers who put a quote on these come to a price of about 2000 for these additions. Hence, with a lack of accessory price quotes from more than half of th dealers, I have settled to comparing base tech quotes to narrow my search.

Going back to my original questions:
    1. What would it take you to go 400 miles to another state to buy a car? How hard is it to do that?
    2. Whats the best dealership in the MSP area? How much are they willing to go down on their quotes?
  • sl1288sl1288 Member Posts: 57
    I can't speak for better deals in different states where you are. I live in RI and I look at dealers in RI, MA and CT. I can tell you that you will pay sales tax in the state in which you register the car.
    So I will pay for the car (including options, destination and documentation), and for temporary registration fee at the dealership itself. Then I will drive the car to my home state --> register it and pay for taxes, license and other charges to the DMV/ Secretary of state at the local rates.

Did I get it right?
  • mayhermayher Member Posts: 41
    Do you mind if I ask which dealer in Chgo? I live in Chgo. and am looking for a base MDX. Thx
    I dont mind sharing at all, McGrath and Libertyville have quoted the best prices in Chicago. Please do share what they offer you.
  • sl1288sl1288 Member Posts: 57
    The short answer is yes. You could by a new car from a dealer in the next state or a used car from a person across the country on eBay, and you will still be subject to the taxes and fees in the state in which you register the car.
    I live in RI, and I only wish I could buy a car in MA or NH and register the car in those states. Much lower taxes and fees.
  • sweetap2sweetap2 Member Posts: 2
    just pick up my 2010 mdx base model today. $39k and title fees. in ardmore pa.

after a long research and comparison betwwen each model. the base suite me best for now. silver exterior and gray interior. for those of you are still looking. my advise is make your move before your favor color combo run out. I don't think acura will offer any better finance specials or incentives for 2010. apr rate was at 2.9% back in march, now at 0.9%. so don't miss out.
    COngratulations, BTW How much was the invoice on your area?
  • dtcedtce Member Posts: 4
    Acura of libertyville had the best deal by a few hundred dollars over the next best offer and by over a thousand over the others. Everything done online save for choosing the color and paying. The price for my base mdx was about 4k under msrp.
  • prasadperiprasadperi Member Posts: 40
    Folks,

Would like to inform you of my recent purchase. I paid 41700+ TTL+ 399 processing fees for a MDX with Tech Package at Pohanka Acura on the 6h of July. Out the door was ~44950. The 41700 included destination.

Thanks to all the folks who poisted their prices. It appears there was one another who paid 41500+TTL. So this price is below invoice it appears.

There are deals to be made out there. All others in Maryland area never came close to touching these prices. I got 1.9% APR for 60 months.

Good luck folks.
  • sweetap2sweetap2 Member Posts: 2
    msrp/sticker price is $43,090. tried to offer them $38(shipping included) first. after checking many dealer around my area, no one has the base model with this color combo. called the sales man few days later and got this deal($39k included shipping).
  • eusvudaeusvuda Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I want to purchase the Acura MDX 2010 model with tech/Entertainment package plus roof rack sport skirt. I checked with 3 dealer around San Diego, and their price is around 52K, is this a reasonable price ?

Thanks
  • adduaddu Member Posts: 16
    Congrats prasadperi. Thats a great price. Invoice is around 42,900 last I checked couple of months back. That's when I bought mine for 41,900. I actually had a quote for 41,700 from out of area but I wanted to buy local so paid 200 over. I noticed you guys have a big processing fee to pay. here it is 52 bucks

And yes lowest I have seen is 41,500
  • firstmdxfirstmdx Member Posts: 8
    NICE DEAL. I paid $39,000 for a base model in May at Pohanka. This also included body side molding as an extra. Your price is probably even better considering your tech. pkg. I believe after discussing with an insider at Pohanka that they have a goal of being the largest volume Acura dealer in the US. They usually achieve this, but on occasion a dealer in NY beats their monthly volume numbers. I believe this leads to some of the best pricing available.
  • adduaddu Member Posts: 16
    Your registration paperwork will be completed by the dealership based on the Zip you provide. You will pay all taxes and fee based on that at the time of purchase. the decision to buy local vs out of area would be based on actual savings (price diff minus expenses to bring the car home). For example it did not make sense for me so I paid 200$ bucks over to avoid the hassle. Also for me it was impossible to check the vehicle 100% at the dealership so it kinda helped buying local to return to dealer when I found damage on floor mats and get them replaced
  • saaber1saaber1 Member Posts: 31
    i finally have made the decision to lease the MDX Tech for 36 mos/12K miles. with only the first month due at signing and no cap cost reduction, i will be paying $640 per month (includes all fees, tax, and DMV rolled in). the selling price is $42,500 (includes dest charge).

i emailed over 13 dealers in northern/central NJ, LI, and NYC and none could match $42,500 offer i got from an internet manager (who doesn't make any sales commission but makes $ on sales volume).

i know others got a lower selling price but for northern NJ tri-state area, i thought this was a good price.

good luck to all leasing.
  • bignasty1bignasty1 Member Posts: 26
    Hi everyone:

I got an MDX w/ Tech last week.

3 years, 18k miles.

690/month sign and drive with Mass sales tax included.

Don't have the figures on me, but the price was in the 43500 range.
  • mistertoomistertoo Member Posts: 8
    Hi,
    I am looking to 3-peat in early September when my 2007 MDX lease is up. I was wondering saaber1 where you leased your MDX Tech from. I am in Norther NJ also.
  • 135i135i Member Posts: 25
    leased recently for $503/month (tax incld)
    zero cap cost reduction, only fees + 1st month down.
    haven't seen anyone do better than this.
    sure. i got it from ramsey acura.
  • btomasiebtomasie Member Posts: 30
    Hello all,

I am noticing no one on here sharing buying experiences with the Advanced package. Are many seeing it as not a "good enough" package for increase in price, or are they hard to come by on the lot, or the dealers aren't looking to budge on pricing?

I'd love to hear stories if you've run in to any of those things above. I like the idea of the things you get in the Advanced package, and "losing" them by going with the Tech package isn't something I'd like to do if I can help it.

thanks!
    Brian
    I presume that is for a base model? What dealer did you get that from and how many miles per year allowed? I need 15k miles per year.
    I currently have a 2007 base after having a 2002 base. I have been debating whether or not to get a Tech package this time. I have a Garmin hard-wired into my current MDX and like the simplicity of it, but I would like the benefit of the larger screen for the backup camera and the hard drive for my music.
  • jenny703jenny703 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I just bought a MDX with Tech package at Radley Acura for 42200+tax, dmv fees and processing fee.They also gave me 4 years of free oil change and free inspection TOO. The sale person Aaron was very nice and helpful in explaining all the feature of the car to me. One thing I have to tell you thought, If you come to Radley Acura don't deal with the guy names Mo. He lied to me and gave me the run around with the price.
  • dagmdxdagmdx Member Posts: 9
    I have an offer on the table for a tech/enter with advanced running boards, rook rack (silver), all weather mats, wheel locks - for $42k with 2400 miles on it. What do you think?

I am not happy that i can not enjoy the 1.9 which I am eligible from acurausa, becuase this vehicle is considered pre-owned even though it is a 2010.
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    ..I don't think it is a good deal but for your area maybe it is..I hope others chime in...
    MDX tech are going in NJ for 42 to 43 (new), advanced boards at the dealer is $650 plus another, maybe less,$600 for the rack, assume instalation included maybe $2k so you could be looking at $45k brand new why pay $42k and also loose the 1.9% and get into a used car...but like I said that is my estimation from NJ.....I read here that Pohanka in VA is really offering agressive pricing,check previous posters...good luck to you
  • alwaysacuraalwaysacura Member Posts: 8
    That doesn't sound like all that good of a deal to me. I just bought a brand new tech/ent for 44,300 with advanced running boards, wheel locks, and all-weather mats thrown in here in South Jersey. I didn't do the 1.9% for 5 years, preferring to extend the loan by one more year at 3.5% to get the payment down a little more. Personally, if you don't need the car immediately, I would wait until they start offering their end of the year clearance if you can. The new ones start rolling in in September. You might be able to get a new one with all the goodies, for what they want for the demo/loaner or at least get pretty close sometime in August. Good luck!
    Nice deal. I live in NYC, but will be willing to drive to SJ for such deal. Can you please e-mail me at artilesd25@gmail.com, I will like to ask you a few questions. I will appreciate your help.
  • 135i135i Member Posts: 25
    yes Base.
    12K miles. Park Ave Acura
    rear view mirrow back-up screen is sufficient for me, its been more useful than i expected.
  • mnmdxmnmdx Member Posts: 4
    I noticed that there was some discussion about another person looking for a 2010 MDX tech in Minnesota. I was offered a 36 month lease, 12k miles per year, $535 month with $5000 down that includes all fees + 1st payment. This does not sound like a good deal, agree? Where did twinmdx end up getting the MDX tech?? Chicago or Minnesota? What was the deal?
    Hey, just to let you know that I just bought a Tech/Ent with Adv running board, Silver roof rails and all weather mats for 44,640 + deliv +ttl = $49, 635 total out the door.
  • matth2matth2 Member Posts: 12
    Anyone buying advanced? I'm with Brian. The upgrades do make the advanced more unique than the others.

Matt
  • mdx2010temdx2010te Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2010
    Wow..this price is too high..you paid way too much..did you really paid that much? the reason why i am asking this is because i bought the 2010 ACURA MDX TECH/ENTERTAINMENT in May from Rosenthal Acura for 45,500/- out of the door (OTD)..after dealing with POHANKA for 46,0000/- OTD i got the good deal from rosenthal by beating Pohanka by $500..here is what my deal is

ACURA MDX TECH/ENTERTAINMENT Black/Black with Advanced Running Boards/Black Roof Rails/All Season Mats. 45,500/-OTD with 1.9% APR For 60 months..
  • fitzramfitzram Member Posts: 41
    Hi Saber1. Can you tell me the sales tax rate where you live? I'm in NY and looking to lease an MDX w/tech next week when my '07 comes off lease. Also if you know the residual and money factor that Ramsey used that would be great. If I can get the same deal you got I'll do it!
    Thx.
    mdx2010te, you were able to buy the Tech/Ent for 45,500 OTD? Does that include TTL? If so that is a very impressive number.
  • jonnesjim33jonnesjim33 Member Posts: 1
    When my brother was looking for a pre-owned MDX and ended up going to Acura of Denville which for him was very convenient (he lives in Rockaway, nj). He said the salesman he had was exceptional and the price he got there was very good compared to the other places he went. They have an Eprice feature as well that makes sure u get the best deal.
    edited July 2010
    Well, I have to say that if that was the price you paid OTD, including taxes, then you my friend, you are a master at convincing dealers to loose 3k plus on a car, I wish I had your gift. I got my MDX about 900 below invoice, yes my out the door with adv boards, silver rails, side molding, wheel locks and all weather mats for 44,640 is a pretty darn good. I did not mentioned the little things, since they are not that valuable.

My taxes got the car to the 49k, nothing I could about taxes. I have to say that my deal has to be one of the best deals around the forum, since I used the lowest that was posted by alwaysacura which was 44,300 without rails. I tell you what, I have not yet picked mine since is being located to my specific order. I am willing to lose the $500 down and go to your guy.
    Yes, 45,500 was OTD all inclusive (including TTL and destination)
    can you please post the dealer and sales person.
  • dvricedvrice Member Posts: 73
    Are you sure your price of $5,500 included the taxes?
    edited July 2010
    I know, that is hard to believe. Look the dealer pays 43, 832 for the car, then you add 860 for dest (which the dealer has to pay to get the car to their lots, they then pass this on to the costumers) so now the total price to the dealer is 44, 692. The dealer would have to almost give him the car $1500 below their price and then add $161 mats, 710 boards and 540 rails, plus a modest $500 for installation fees, that is a grand total of $3500 discount on the dealer's price, so the dealer actually sold the car for $41,192, WOW. I want one right now, please I'll give up the $500 that I got down to lock up a deal that is $1100 below invoice that I have signed and everything at Acura of Bedford Hill.
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    edited July 2010
    When evaluating a deal, it would be helpful to know if a trade-in was part of the transaction. It's possible that the dealer made up for the low price on the new vehicle by under-allowing on the trade.

Personally, I prefer to sell my old car privately so that when I'm negotiating a new car deal, I can focus exclusively on selling price without worrying about trade-in value.
  • btomasiebtomasie Member Posts: 30
    jimbres, perfect segue on the trade-in being part of the deal, because that is exactly what my fiance and I did last night.

As I previously inquired on here, there hasn't been many Advanced purchases on here lately, so I figured I'd help the board out!! :)

We are picking up our Grigio w/ Advanced today at 1pm. EXCELLENT buying experience with the Chicago NW Suburbs dealership (Muller Woodfield Acura) that my fiance bought a 2006 TSX from new back in 2006. So the customer loyalty thing certainly helped, but the negotiations and back-and-forth was the really great part of all this.

KBB shows her TSX to be just a bit under 14K in "Good" condition, and that is what I told them we needed to get for it (14K even) to even begin the deeper discussions on the MDX. No hassles at all with that, so I was very pleased that that was smooth, as that truly seemed to be the only variable in the deal in my eyes. The car has been beaten up quite a bit cosmetically, so I was fearing they'd nickel and dime me on that, but did not.

So, here is my deal:
    $47,240
    $860 for dest.

- $14,000 trade-in
    + TTL

I got them to throw in the Protection Package 1 for free, and am paying dealer cost for the side-moldings, and they are being installed for free today right before we pick it up.

I can't say enough about the particular salesman that we worked with. We briefly met him last year as we "browsed" while her TSX was being serviced, and really hit it off with him. So I re-engaged and did 99% of everything via emails. A very straight-up, no BS, younger guy who hustled to get it done (like today for example, his day off, but will be there for the paperwork and delivery).

The forum rules say I cannot share his name, so put your email into your responses and I'd be happy to pass his info on to you.

Have a great weekend everybody!!
    Brian
    If you belive me or not but that what i paid for my MDX TECH/ENTERTAINMENT, i got the black roof rails which are around $200, not the silver ones and also i traded my 06 TL for 17K which had around 46k Miles.

Here is the detail information about my deal.

2010 MDX TECH/ENTERTAINMENT Black/Black with accessories included (Advanced Running Boards, Black Roof rails and All season floor mats)
    $46,000 (OTD- including every thing, Destination, TTL..)

Trades 2006 TL with Navigation for $17,000.
    Pay off left on TL $16350
    17000-16350=$650 i got form Delar

Final MDX i paid 46,000-650=$45,350 this is what i paid and financed.

I got this deal from Rosental Acura MD and the sales man was Alan.

I hope this will help you guys to get the best deal and save money.
    You see, I knew it that where not completely clear in your purchase. FYI, the silver rails are $1100, that is $1k difference. I paid 45, 500 for my car with the silver rails, therefore, when compared to yours mine would have cost $44, 500. Unfortunately your price wont help me since I have to pay NYC which is 8.75%. Moreover, they benefited from your trade even though you do not think so.

The lesson of the story is, that at the end of the day, details, details please when posting your prices. i do not how high taxes are in MD, but it seems that they are a bit lower than NYC.
    sure... the NJ sales tax is 7%. i picked up my car today. the residual is 55% for the tech trim and the MF is .00131.

i got the car for 42.5K. only 1 other dealer matched but since tommy t was straightforward and honest with all the numbers, i stuck with him. even the finance mgr was not pushy at all.

had everything except the first month rolled into my monthly payment of $651. this also includes tire insurance that i got for $495.

good luck and let me know what the selling price is for you.
  • dvricedvrice Member Posts: 73
    Don't get me wrong, you got a very good deal. However, I do think the dealer made a little on your trade, so your deal is not quite as "unbelievable" as a lot of us thought it was. The private party value of your trade was around $19k, and the dealer will probably sell it for $20-21k (or certify it and ask even more). Again, you still got a very good deal - congrats.