Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dvricedvrice Member Posts: 73
    I thought it included destination, but I e-mailed back and they said it dod not. So the total price would actually be $40,360 + TTL. That was at Rosentahl Acura - just request an internet quote.

I did just receive a decent offer from my local dealer on a 2010 base. They offered $38,500 + 800 destination + 125 doc. So a total price of $39,425+TTL. They only have two in stock, and they said it would cost an extra $500 to get the color of my choice in a dealer trade.

Thinking about offering my local dealer $40 + TTL for a 2011 with side steps, roof rails, all weather mats, and cargo mat.
  • vdub8vdub8 Member Posts: 16
    Hi -

Does anyone know of any specific aggressive, no nonsense, Acura dealers in Northern California (between Sacramento and San Fran)?

Just reply to my post or you can send me personal message. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!
  • bill1000bill1000 Member Posts: 38
    I think you can do a little better on price. I just bought a 2010 base for 39,200 plus TT&L. I'd move quickly as inventories have dropped and the 2011 will cost you about $500-1000 more for the same exact vehicle. There is virtually no difference in the interior of the base and tech exept for a couple of minor things you will never notice. The main reason to get the tech is for the....technology upgrades, not the interior. Good luck!
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    I just bought the 2011 MDX base,palladium silver/taupe interior (just beautiful) in Northern NJ for $39,900(which is about invoice according to Edmunds) then add 7.4% tax, yes additional 0.4% because combine mileage is below 19 mpg...and THAT is NJ for you...then $7.50 for tires disposal, yes I have not dispose of the tires yet but I will in the future..and THAT is also NJ for you...then title and plates..after all I di well, I am happy because it is a 2011 and most dealers in NJ don't even know what to charge yet..closes I got wa $40,454...and ThAT is NJ for you too!!!!!!....
    The interior of the base, tech, tech ent are all the same, for instance if taupe like mine evrything is taupe including the steering wheel and carpeting, but in the advance and up, the top of dash and top of doors as well as the trim inside are all black including carpeting regardless of the color you choose...
    I will pick it up in 2 weeks.....
  • sr26sr26 Member Posts: 1
    Hello - Bought a base 2010 MDX black for $38600 (Including destination, documentation and all other charges) + TTL. I hope its a good offer. Negotiations were done on the phone. Most of the dealers have very less 2010's left in VA. Radley acura in virginia gave me this deal. :)
    Excellent price - about the best I've heard on the 2010 base. Nice deal.

I would pull the trigger now at that price if my local dealer had the color combo I wanted at that price. My best offer for the same vehicle is $39,300 plus another $500 to dealer trade to get the color I want.
  • crownroyalcrownroyal Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2010
    They are asking you $500 for a dealer to dealer trade! Thats ridiculous! Every dealer should do that for free. I recommend you take your business somewhere else.
    Why are you dealing om 2010 at those prices?...in my opinion you are short selling yourself..I just got a 2011 nase in NJ for $39,900 plus all the other charges like tax,dmv etc....that price for a 2010 is not a great deal in my opinion, you are getting a 1 year old car ant=y ways you put it for about the same price that yu can get a 2011...just my 2 cents...think it over...it is a good deal for the dealer...
  • lcuilcui Member Posts: 5
    I got an offer on a 2010 MDX Tech with Advanced Running Board and Backup Sensor for $42,500 + TTL + Tax. This is before any trade-in negotiation. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. What do you guys think? Fair quote?
  • n1nja_dn1nja_d Member Posts: 17
    Hey all,
    I've been in the market for a 2010 MDX Advance Package for a couple weeks now, the best I've gotten is $50,500 OTD! I've seen on other websites where some folks have gotten the 2010 Advance for $48,000 OTD!!! It seems like the dealers are not willing to go below 50k OTD for this car!!!

Any suggestions? I've tried Radley, Pohanka, and Rosenthal. The figures below are what I've gotten:

Radley: $50,500
    Pohanka: $51,000 :(
    Rosenthal: $53,000 :mad:

I'm in the MD/DC/VA area if that helps. Thanks in advanced for your input!
  • hellousahellousa Member Posts: 6
    n1nja_d,

is that just 2010 mdx adv with out ENT ??

i saw that some one on this board reported 49200 for ADV/ENT .

Have you requested quote of the 2011 ?

Thanks
  • sware1sware1 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    lcui,
    tech with advanced running board and back up sensors only 42500, This is sounds a very good deal, which state are you in?
    Hey, thanks for the reply.

The quotes were for ADV with NO ENT. We definitely don't need the DVD player...I dont think these guys would budge a penny on a 2011.
  • srs149srs149 Member Posts: 35
    Hello, i'm seeing quotes as low as 48044 in your general region. Pohanta. you need to use a new car buying service like USAA's. go to Zag.com for a selection of several companies who will provide multiple low-price internet offers.
  • njsmoothdrivernjsmoothdriver Member Posts: 1
    I'm planning to buy CPO 2007 MDX with under 30K miles. What should I really pay. Looking for Base model. I am getting prices b/w 27-30K. Is it worth?

Please advise,

thx,
    A
  • sware1sware1 Member Posts: 2
    I got quota from local dealer ship, MDX Tech package $43000, is it fair price?
    usually how much does it cost for the roof rail, cross bar and running board?

Thanks,
    Below is a summary of my comparison for purchasing a 2010 base model vs a 2011 base model MDX. I would appreciate any feedback on things I have missed. As you will see, right now I am leaning toward purchasing a 2010 base model.

2010 Base best price = $38,500 + TTL
    2011 Base best price = $40,100 +TTL

The 36 month 0.9% or 60 month 1.9% financing is only available on the 2010 models. Assuming that you had $39k cash to pay for the car now and can safely earn 3% on your money in a savings or money market account then taking full advantage of the 0.9% financing for 36 months is worth $1,700 and taking full advantage of the 1.9% financing for 60 months is worth $2,900.

Therefore, the true difference in cost is difference in best price of $1,600 plus the value of the financing of $2,900 for a total of $4,500.

Having the newer model is worth $1000-$2000 to me, but not $4,500.

Opinions?
    Well I have a different view...not an argument here, but a bit different view....the incentives have been extended to 2911, as I read about it, I just got the 2011 base for $39,900 in NJ including destination...that is about $1400 for a vehicle that is not a year old already ....besides there is nowhere possible to get 3% on a savings account, money markets or cd at this moment , at least not in NJ....also your color selection will be very limited and dealers are,some of them, trying to charge additional money in order to locate your selection, they want to get rid of their remaining 291o units, but to each its own, I found no value in getting a 2010 under those conditions...good luck and I hope you find what you want at whatever is the right price for you..and let me know where are you getting 3% on savings,money markets or cd...
    Good luck
    A dealer had told me last week that the financing incentive was extended to the 2011s, but he was wrong. Two other dealers said that is not true and that financing incentive is not available on the 2011s.

Did you get the incentive financing on a 2011?

I won't get too far off topic, but there are money market funds and bonds that I believe would safely yield something close to 3%. If you have a mortgage at 4.5% or higher you could just use the money to pay toward your mortgage and earn 4.5% (less tax incentive).

Color choice is unique for me. My wife wants the black/parchment color combo. Well, 2010 is the last year for this color combo so this factor pushes me to the 2010 as well.
    Big thank you to this forum and all contributors of information. I am positive that I would not have gotten as good of a deal without the info in this forum. I just purchased my MDX and pick it up Sunday.

My final deal is:

2010 Base MDX
    Color: Black/Parchment
    Includes all weather floor mats
    $38,400 + TTL
    Using the 1.9% 60 month incentive financing

All in all, I am very happy with this purchase. This will be my wife's car and this is the vehicle and color combo she wanted. I was hoping to see a $1k or more 2010 clearance incentive but that just never appeared.

I wanted rear entertainment, but did not want navigation so I plan to install DVD head rests. (Would appreciate any recommendations on this)

For reference, I had several offers on the 2011 at $40k + TTL but the $1,600 difference, special financing, and color combo led me to choose the 2010.

Thanks again
    hmmm, seems like 48,044 is before TTL, destination, etc. With that in mind, the 50,500 OTD quote i got from Radley seems pretty good deal?

I was hoping to be able to get 49,500 OTD...hopefully I can negotiate this with them.
  • jpickjpick Member Posts: 15
    I have two questions. First I test drove a Tech last week and I was a little surprised that the drive was not as smooth as I thought it was going to be. Does anyone know if the drive is any better or worse with the 19 inch wheels?Is the advance any smoother? It wasn't a bad drive just not what I expected. I think I am going to test drive the bmw x5 to compare. I am looking for a smooth ride.
    Second, the salesman told me that the RES is dated technology. Now, this may have been because he had a lot full of MDX advance, but only one or two with Ent and no Tech/Ent. His theory was that so many kids have the hand held devises that the RES is quickly becoming out dated; "dinosaur technology" is what he said.
    I have been sold on the tech/ent and was about ready to purchase then I ran into these two area's of concern.
    Just wanted to know what others thought.
    Thanks
    edited September 2010
    Also keep in mind that the Tech package does not have the upgraded suspension (Active Damper System) that is available in the Advance Package. Details below:
    The available Active Damper System can adjust suspension stiffness changes in a split second, to both smooth the ride and sharpen handling, according to driving conditions. This allows the MDX to remain soft and comfortable during highway cruising, yet firm when the road requires high-performance handling.

* The dampers—also known as shock absorbers—are filled with a fluid that significantly thickens in the presence of a magnetic field. The stronger the field, the stiffer the damper.
    * Each damper can adjust from soft to race car-stiff in as little as five milliseconds.
    * A button on the console allows drivers to manually select their preference for a “Comfort” or “Sport” ride.
    * The Active Damper System is on whenever the ignition is engaged.

As for the RES, more and more people are actually converting over to Blu-Ray, our family, we actually don't have 1 DVD in our house old, all Blu-Rays...The salesman's statement is partially accurate in that some folks still have use for DVDs and what not.
  • rswmkwrswmkw Member Posts: 6
    You can do better $41,630 without extra, and another $780 for rails cross and running
    is fair
    Just last night my dealer told me that the financing incentive WAS extended to the 2011's. He reiterated that fact again today. So i'm not sure what to believe. To me, it doesn't make sense if they're still trying to clear out 10s that they would introduce it now on the 11s. Can anyone who knows for sure verify this?
    My deaker here in NJ told me the same but I financed my way...I think that Acurs is not having any difficulties selling the MDXs and just offering these rates to attract MORE customers because of present economics conditions but not because the units are not moving well...there are practically no 10 lefts and 11 are selling well, besides the fact that they are identical no changes at all...except as someone here reported a cooler trans and diff fluid....
  • sjthomassjthomas Member Posts: 61
    Yes. My dealer in Central Jersey also said that the 0.9%/1.9% APR has been extended for 2011 MDX models as well.
  • ncmdx1ncmdx1 Member Posts: 1
    looking to buy new mdx...2010 or 2011??
    would like to buy tech pkg or advanced pkg don't need entertainment pkg
    Anyone have any recent price quotes in Raleigh NC area?

Looking to sell 2007 Yukon XL 88,000miles loaded sell or trade when buying mdx it's in great shape. any idea on good price in Raleigh area?
    Now i've got a dealer in VA (Pohanka?) telling me that the financing rumor is not true and to check acura.com if ever in doubt. Of course, Acura.com shows no 2011 incentives... perhaps just a misinformed salesperson(?)
    Dated technology? Perhaps. But I'm an audio/videophile and have to say that the target audience of the entertainment system isn't going to be able to discern (or won't care enough to comment) on the difference between standard def and hi-def video picture quality on an 8-inch video screen. That being said, I'd love to see more bang for the buck, like one of those dual-screen deals like they have on the Sienna (or upcoming Odyssey).

Short of that, I'll take the entertainment package because there's no aftermarket option that looks nearly as integrated as the factory entertainment system save an integrated headrest system. But that even comes with the installation hassles and having to purchase two of them.
  • sparklelovesparklelove Member Posts: 11
    Hello Board, I have a question, I'm looking to buy an MDX tech pkg, but I'm being told to go for the internet mgr instead of the sales person because internet mgr's give better prices than the sales person, but I find it hard to believe since you might get it lower from the sales rep, should I take the quote from the internet mgr and try to haggle for a low price from the sales person or not? :confuse:
  • splitwindowvetsplitwindowvet Member Posts: 13
    The Acura Website clearly states the financing offers are for 2010 models only. They could change it, but it seems to me that if anyone is being told they will get it on the 2011's they might be in for a surprise.
    edited September 2010
    I will give you my proverbial 2 cents...as I ubderstand it the internet managers make money based on the amount of units sold, and usually their prices are bottom price, even thou I found that there is negotiating room. These negotiations can be done over emails or on the phone which to me is preffered. The salesperson will try to get the best selling price from you (best comission for him) and then the haggling begins and a manager will get involved until either they give in to your price if possible or you give in for their price..takes time and a lot of patience on your part.
    I would not advise putting the internet manager price vs the salesman price in the same dealership, that would be unethical and could backfire in your face, why risk it. Use the internet price as leverage to go to other stores either internet managers or sales persons nad try to get as close to invoice or below is possible..good luck
    Yup, i just got confirm that Acura inadvertently sent the message to extend the financing offer on the 2011s on September 8th, but rescinded it on September 9th. They did honor those deals that fell between those two days, but anyone else is SOL.
  • mdx2011mdx2011 Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2010
    Today, I just brought a brand NEW 2011 MDX tech & entertainment @ sale price of $44,568 with 1.99% financing for 60 months from a acura dealer in westmont, IL near Chicago land area. The price above does include the $860 destination charge but not tax. Title or license. I think a got a very good deal but if anyone can confirm that would be great...
    Note that I got another dealer near the same that did not offer the same financing so I went with the lower rate and save myself over $2,500+ in financing. We are very excited to drive our first SUV. I can provide salesman name if anyone is interested. Also, negotiated via phone and emails so buying process took a couple days but very painless.
    Wow, that's a slam-dunk! Please forward the contact information (and email) if at all possible. I can't find anyone near that price to match the financing... was it through Acura Financial or a local bank?
  • sparklelovesparklelove Member Posts: 11
    Thanx, I will try that approach and tell the board what I have been quoted :)
  • bhupeshsbhupeshs Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy MDX 2011 Advance. Any idea what Price should I Pay. Edmund TMV says 52,760. :)
  • rbairbai Member Posts: 8
    could you send me the salesperson's contact info as well at gracewb@gmail.com ? BTW, how much doc fee they charged you? Thx.
  • kindakinkskindakinks Member Posts: 10
    Did you drive the vehicle home yet? My understanding is that the 1.9% on 2011's was a mistake and the dealer may have to renege on that. That is a great price! Sounds a bit too great unless the Chicago market is different! Let us know if anything goes wrong!
  • mdx2011chicagomdx2011chicago Member Posts: 3
    Congrats!! for your first SUV. I am also planning to buy one in next 2-3 days. Can you please share the contact details at my mail address sentlist ( hotmail ). Congrats again!!!
  • snowzsnowz Member Posts: 4
    Hi Everyone, I was quoted $41,900 for a 2010 MDX Tech Package (Including dest.) in the North Jersey area. Is this a good deal?
    I spoke with the finance manager at Westhaven and it seems that this purchase was one of only a handful who got the special financing extension that was a goof on Acura's part.

Acura ended up contacting them and had to refund them the difference in financed amount between the 1.9 and the standard rate (whatever that is) because of the error... so... mdx2011 was one of the elite few to get what is probably the deal of the year on a 2011... at cost AND special financing!

Buddy, that's the best deal you'll probably ever get on a car, considering it's just not available for the public anymore and isn't a term that can typically be negotiated, no matter how good you are!! Congrats!!

Green with envy,
    srs149
  • gcriswellgcriswell Member Posts: 1
    What state are you going to be titling the car? The tax rates and the dealer processing fees are different from state to state and will effect the otr price. I am a representative from Criswell Acura and i will make sure you get the most competitive price from our store.
  • jborrellijborrelli Member Posts: 15
    Where are you located? I am in North Jersey and am looking to purchase a 2010 base mdx. I plan on going to the Acura Dealership I purchased my 08' TL. Your post will give me some good ammo. Any chance you can email me some hard proof of the deal? I am assuming that the sales person is going to claim it to be BS.

Thanks
    jason.borrelli@gmail.com
  • jpickjpick Member Posts: 15
    Was that a tech/ent?
  • mdx2011mdx2011 Member Posts: 5
    Yes, it was a tech & entertainment 2011.
    Can you tell me what dealership you purchased this from?
    $38863 2010 MDX BASE with 1.9%

or

$39400 2011 MDX BASE with regular financing around 4%

BOTH INCLUDE DESTINATION

Please let me know if I can do better with the prices and if you know of any car dealers in the Northern NJ area please email info.

Thanks,

Jason.borrelli@gmail.com
    Price and finance alone make the 2010 look much better on paper, though you have to think about when you plan to resell the vehicle and how much it'll mean then when you have a one year older model car to sell. Other than that, there are no compelling feature-set reasons to purchase one over the other.

I'm struggling with the same decision myself... Do i scrape up what's left of the 2010 inventory or wait and get my choice of colors and features at a higher cost all around (financing cost included)?