Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    srs149srs149 Member Posts: 35
    edited September 2010
    i need opinions, folks! i'm not sure if i prefer the Sport or the Advance running boards better with the Palladium metallic (ebony interior)... help a brother out!

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    jpickjpick Member Posts: 15
    Ok, these dealers are blowing up my telephone today. The same dealers that didn't want to negotiate 2 days ago are begging me to buy from them today as they can now match the price.. Any suggestions on anything else I could ask for to see if they would agree to. Anyone have any suggestions on what else would be reasonable?
  • Options
    freedm2freedm2 Member Posts: 68
    Funny. I can't get them to return calls.

I keep asking, what is your doc. fee?
  • Options
    To answer you question you need to share the specifics about your offers.

Year, Model, Cost (without fees), fees (doc).

There is a 3% holdback + $1000 dealer cash.
  • Options
    $1600 under invoice on a 2010 tech. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    2011mdxtech2011mdxtech Member Posts: 2
    I have been quoted $42,286 for a 2011 MDX tech, destination fees included. I believe that is essentially $1,000 under invoice. Additionally, doc fees have also been waived. So this price is out-the-door. Good price?
  • Options
    Yes. What state are you in? That's the lowest I've heard yet.
  • Options
    srs149srs149 Member Posts: 35
    edited September 2010
    THey're blowing up my phone as well today. I've heard back from four dealers who had previously been dragging their feet coming together on numbers for me. Suddenly, they're all willing to deal.

Here's what i got: $42500+95 doc fee (dest Included!) for a 2010 Tech/Ent (palladium / ebony). They offered cost on accessories (i'm doing roof rails & cargo organizer, but decided to wait on running boards til i see both styles on some MDXs around town and decide what i like), free all-season mats and wheel locks. I pick up tomorrow!!

Deal in Maryland, but I got a call from Pohanka in VA who said that they're open til Midnight tonight and will do Anything to make a deal. They're bigger by far than my dealer, so i know they could/would match it if i hadn't already signed. Go out and get it done, boys and girls!
  • Options
    adjohnadjohn Member Posts: 8
    Tried picking up a 2010 Base MDX for $38000 (TTL), but the dealer wouldn't accept the offer.

Guess I'll have to wait til next month to see...
  • Options
    tamsrustamsrus Member Posts: 11
    Do you have dealer name /sales person name and phone number?
    Best offer I got here for the 2010 Tech/Enter was 43,500 before TTL.
  • Options
    2011mdxtech2011mdxtech Member Posts: 2
    Per forum guidelines - "You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information."

DCH Montclair Acura
    Verona, New Jersey
    Ask for the internet sales team

Was able to match price at other nearby dealers
  • Options
    rxpeterxpete Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2011 base for $39,000 including destination, all weather mats, and 8 free oil changes. The total otd price was 42576.50. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Are you sure it's the 2011 Tech and not the 2010?
  • Options
    svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    If you did that in NJ and it is a 2011 base, you did pretty good...much better than I, and I thought I was doing ok...I paid $39,900 and 1st service free..THAT is IT!..congratulations and enjoy the ride....I guess prices are changing on a daily basis...if not hourly, but is the nature of the beast, that is why I always say, no matter what the price of a vehicle is,it will change from buyer to buyer very quickly, since there are so many variables that ocurr in the dealership. It is a matter of being in the right place at the right time..but invariable there will always be someone doing better as well as worse, we usually hear only the "better", the "worse" rather not say...lol
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ok. I have a 2010 (limited color selection) on the MDX Tech with entertainment price at 43500 before TTL and MV fees.
    on the other hand, I just got a 43999 for a 2011 MDX Tech with entertainment before Doc fees, TTL and MV fees.

which one should I get?
  • Options
    The sales person that I got was pretty stubborn. I left the place and will try at another dealership instead.
  • Options
    svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    In my opinion that is a no brainer..for $500 you are getting a 2011 and not a 2010 which no matter what a year older...now if you get the 2010 for $1000 or more then maybe it could be more appealing, otherwise go for the 2011..good luck on what ever you decide....you will like it a lot...I just got my MDX 2011 base and it is wonderful, it exceeded my expectations..
  • Options
    techmdx2011techmdx2011 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks, jpick! I saw your message and knew exactly which dealer it was. There is only one dealer in Atlanta area that offers free lifetime powertrain warranty. I got my 2011 MDX w/tech with the same deal from the same dealer, plus 0.9% Financing for 36 months. Not bad.
  • Options
    leexleex Member Posts: 7
    Hi techmdax2011

I ask 3 dealers, and I have been told 0.9% APR for 36 months or 1.9% APR for 60 months only for 2010, and not for 2011. Currently no financial offer for 2011.
    Thanks
  • Options
    I just bought a 2011 Tech with the following accessories..

Advance Running Boards
    Body-Side Molding
    All Weather Mats
    Tri-Fold Cargo Mat
    Wheel Locks.

Paid: 43,800 in PA.

I started at $42,800 for the 2011 MDX Tech which is about $600 under invoice in my area. The accessories price was based on what I could buy them for online, about $1K with shipping, well under MSRP but probably not dealer cost. I figured this way they are all under the 4 year warranty since they were purchased at same time as the MDX.

I got 2.89% for 60 months.

I could have picked up a 2010 Tech for around 41,500 but it wasn't the color I wanted.

Is this a good deal for a 2011 Tech /w all those accessories?
  • Options
    quattrodocquattrodoc Member Posts: 20
    That seems very good for a 2011 - what dealer was it?
  • Options
    I talked to 10 dealers over the last 2 weeks. They were the 2nd lowest price (200 difference), but they were the only ones who were up-front and didn't play any games. I talked to them 1 month ago and they were the lowest price on a 2010. I talked to them again today to get them match price on a 2011. They came close but I decided to go with them because they were not sleezy like all the rest. No games, very professional.

I'm pretty certain the dealer that was 200 was going to get me a rate that was 1/2% higher to cash-in on more back-end profit.

How do you send private mesages? I'll give you the dealer name, and the sales manager I dealt with.">
  • Options
    I just closed the deal early this evening. 0.9% for 36 months.
  • Options
    Was the rate Acura Financial? What bank?
  • Options
    Yes, I just checked, it is Acura financial services.
  • Options
    Thats pretty interesting. About 2 weeks ago I was getting mixed messages from dealers. Some said the .9 and 1.9% APR applied to the 2011 others said it didn't. Not 100% say it doesn't.

What did you pay for the MDX? Model/Price/Fees?

Did you ask what the 60 month rate would be?
  • Options
    jatsmdxjatsmdx Member Posts: 10
    Today, i paid deposit for a 2010 MDX with Tech package. Prices 42400 (which is 500 below Invoice). Total with taxes/doc/reg was 46300. Got the .9% APR rate.

I am in NJ .. have anyone seen better deals in NY/NJ/PA/nearby states....on 2010 or 2011? If so, do send me dealer info as reply or private.

Thanks
  • Options
    the 2011 is actually 44300 (didnt know they charge a doc fee) but the killer was that there was no special financing from acura on the 2011. I would have a 4.9% instead of a 1.9% on the 2010.
  • Options
    Seems like you got a very good deal.
    which dealership is this? please PM the name of dealership/phone number where i can reach them.

I"m shock you got all that accessories for 1k. the running boards msrp goes for 1.5k itself.

there's acura financing for 2010 models but not for 2011...
  • Options
    JataMDX - Yes you can do much better. I've spent 2 weeks talking to at least 10 dealers. 500 under on a 2010 is a good deal but it is far from the best you can get by playing the "dealer games" 2 months ago I was quoted $700 below invoice on a 2010 with NO Haggling; however, other dealers tried 200 above on a 2010.

I just bought a 2011, but the best price I got on a 2010 Tech was around $41600 which was NOT easy to get. Seems like dealers will deal more on the 2010 Advances than the Techs. The advances are harder to move because of the price. I got a quote of $1700 under invoice on an advance.

Dealers have an extra $1000 in dealer cash on the 2010. You should be able to get that entire $1000.

If I could figure out how to PM I would sent you all the specifics, dealer, model/color, price.
  • Options
    I should have mentioned. I specifically asked that the running boards not be installed. They are very easy to install, no drilling - all the holes are there from factory. I figured I would do a better job of no8t scratching anything.

So the prices are based on parts only. I basically paid $450 for the running boards.

Still can't figure out PM.
  • Options
    Can u even pm here? Just let us know wat state and dealership name.
    I'm leaning toward 2010 vs2011 because of the low financing.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Just tell us the dealer, city and state..

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rxpeterxpete Member Posts: 2
    Yes, it was a 2011 base. Bail Blue/ Taupe interior in NJ. The free oil changes are included with every new car. When I was haggling, I told them it wasn't a factor and just concentrated on price. They said they'd give me the 39000 if I didn't take the free "life time" oil changes but in the end they were included anyway. I'm glad I did well on it.
  • Options
    gbc13gbc13 Member Posts: 1
    Was quoted price of $42,458 plus TTL for a 2010 MDX Tech at Serramonte Acura in San Francisco (before the $1000 dealer incentive) and offered $15K for my 2005 TL trade in (clean with 27K miles and Nav). Probably should have taken it but I was greedy. Now I'm living in Seattle and can't get any dealers to come close, or offer a deal on a 2011. Can anybody recommend a good NW dealer. I'm to the point where I might buy out of the area and ship. Has anybody had luck doing this?
  • Options
    I got the same deal as jpick. it is 2011 MDX w/tech with lifetime powertrain warranty, mats, cargo matts, wheel loc..

42686+599(doc fee)+ttl,

1.9% for 60 months was available, but I choose 0.9% for 36 months..
  • Options
    I know you said you just took delivery. When did you make the deal? 2 weeks ago?

What mats did you get? The rubber all-weather?
  • Options
    somerset1somerset1 Member Posts: 2
    can you share the name of the dealer?
  • Options
    2011mdxtech12011mdxtech1 Member Posts: 4
    Just took delivery of my awesome new 2011 MDX Tech, Polished Metal Metallic with Ebony interior. $42,510, including destination, which is about $766 BELOW invoice. Norris Acura in Maryland. Nice people, very upfront, no hidden or extra fees. Plenty of vehicles in inventory of all colors.
  • Options
    leexleex Member Posts: 7
    do you have any financial offer from them? Like 1.9 APR for 60 months for your new 2011 MDX
  • Options
    Paid cash, so I didn't explore financing.
  • Options
    dpaluszekdpaluszek Member Posts: 9
    It seems people are getting better prices for the 2011s, more incentives for dealerships I would assume?
  • Options
    jay1234jay1234 Member Posts: 7
    I got the quote $43,942 (w/ destination) for 2010 MDX tech/ent and $43,619 (w/ destination) for 2011 MDX tech in houston area.
    Which one is better?
  • Options
    this weekend I paid a deposit of $500 for a 2010 model .. I see that you guys are getting same deals on 2011 .. what are my options .. can I cancel the deal without loosing the deposit ??
  • Options
    Great deal,2011mdxtech1, who is the sales guy .. u email at my jatin15 hotmail account as well.
  • Options
    jatsmdx, ask for the Internet sales manager. Just took a few emails to complete the deal.
  • Options
    What was the Doc. fee?
  • Options
    2010 Tech for 42500 plus 299 doc + 399 registration plus tax (in NJ)
  • Options
    JatsMDX - I was actually asking mdx2011Tech1 was his doc fee was...

NJ charges $400 reg fee?