Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• msuactionmanmsuactionman Member Posts: 5
    Yes ---- 2010 Tech --- $1377. The dealer holdback is the price under invoice. If you subtract that number from the dealer invoice you get the true dealer cost.

Incentives aren't known until they come out, even by the salesmen. Last year 2009 MDXs got all the way down to 15% (This was only for the two highest trims; probably because there was a high inventory of those still on the lots) off invoice when the 2010s hit the lot for a few months. For a 2010 Adv/Tech that would be 15% of $54,615 which = $8192.25, bringing the price to $46,422.75.
  • chillyinmichillyinmi Member Posts: 1
    Does this sound like a good deal:
    2010 MDX BASE with 8200mi recertified with extended warrantee that goes with it.
    $36,700 + TTL

Got to factor in the depreciation....??

What should I pay for a silver roof rack and chrome wheels installed?

:)
  • jim417jim417 Member Posts: 1
    What do you guys think? 2011 tech with entertainment black with taupe, FINAL PRICE OTD including nj tax ,with all dealer/dmv fees and advance running boards installed , all season mats, tri fold tray $47940 , signed the papers thinking this was a great deal.
    Any suggestions? Thank you all in advance.
  • lcuilcui Member Posts: 5
    First off, thanks for all the info you guys have provided here. It has helped me a lot in negotiating the price. We finally pulled the trigger today. Here are the details that I hope can be helpful -

2011 MDX Tech with Advanced Running Boards installed
    $43,251 (includes destination charge & DOC fee; before tax, title and reg)
  • freedm2freedm2 Member Posts: 68
    What was the doc fee? Did you have a trade? What is your interest rate?
  • sshansshan Member Posts: 3
    What's the good price for acura mdx 2011 base model. I got an offer from dealers for 39,3950 with out taxes,title fees. Is this good price or can i bargain for less?
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    ...I got the same in Nj foe $39,900 this past Sept 24....according to Edmunds it is invoice..
  • ballgame31ballgame31 Member Posts: 2
    The trade in is now listed on their used inventory for $5299, so i think the trade was okay. they had to put tires on and fix the check engine light issue.
  • mdxsportfanmdxsportfan Member Posts: 6
    This past weekend I bought a CPO 2009 MDX Tech Package w/ less than 17k miles for $36k +TTL. It had sport running boards and roof railings.

Do you guys think it was a good deal?

Thanks to this forum and other MDX'ers for sharing information.
  • tom298tom298 Member Posts: 14
    I think you got a great deal--I paid 500 over invoice about a month ago (1st 2011 dealer sold) for tech pack 47151 OTD---probably could have gotten a bit cheaper but the dealership is great and so was the salesman.
  • dan1dan1 Member Posts: 76
    Sounds like a good deal we just bought a 2008 CPO Sport with Tech and Ent package, running boards and roof rack for $37,800 but it only had 9500 miiles on it.
    Thanks Dan.

After months of research, test driving several luxury SUVs and even coming close to buying a new MDX, we're happy we got a CPO MDX that looks and drive like a new one.
  • fcube1fcube1 Member Posts: 1
    Torn between tech and adv pkg...any advice? Has anyone compared the ride of the advance package in comfort mode to the ride in the tech package? If not much difference not sure collision mitigation, blind spot and radar cruise are worth the extra money. Don't care about wheels and upgraded seats.
  • vishhaavishhaa Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy a new 2011 MDX with Tech/Ent pack in Annapolis, MD. Anyone with recent buying experience/advice?
  • lamplamp Member Posts: 20
    Hi, this is an good quote, which dealership you got the quote from? I live in LA area.

Thanks!
  • srs149srs149 Member Posts: 35
    I live in the Philly area, but took the Amtrak down to DC for an absolutely killer deal on a 2010 tech/ent at Rosenburg Acura in Gaithersburg. Work with their internet manager via the website's chat interface to come up with your best deal. i got mine $2300 under invoice and they were very reasonable for dealer-installed accessories (vs what i've seen here), so i'm sure they'll give you a decent price on an '11.
  • depodmundsdepodmunds Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2010
    I am also interested in 2011 MDX with tech package. Could you tell me where in CA this is?
    Thanks.
  • aknayakaknayak Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a MDX Sport 2008 no navigation with 19,000 miles for $30,880. Black exterior and ebony interior. Still has 1 year company Warranty on it.
  • shortie_gurlshortie_gurl Member Posts: 4
    Does that price include TTL? What is your interest rate for that car?
  • buzz_1_3buzz_1_3 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Has Acura ever had a zero percent apr? I am not too sure if I should wait till Jan?

Currently there are only 4 2010 MDXs (base) in my state.

Thanks.
    No, TTL is not included in that price. TTL came to another $2,000 I got an interest rate of 3.84%.
  • taylor614taylor614 Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone have thoughts on purchasing loaner cars? The destination charge is not applicable, correct?
    TTL was another $4k in CA. I got 4.99%.
    I'm planning to refinance in a few months as I'm sure about getting lower than 4.9%.
  • qalesonqaleson Member Posts: 2
    all, acura has 0.9% interest rate for MDX 2011 starting on Nov. 2nd.
    Thanks to everyone who has posted their pricing experiences. We closed a deal on a loaner car from our local dealer last night. Certified pre-owned 2010 Tech Pkg (Palladium/Ebony) with 5,002 miles. Price was $39,750 before tax, title. Dealer is in Illinois and was pretty fair to deal with. If anyone wants contact info, let me know. They have a few more loaners for sale. Thanks!
  • hvt60hvt60 Member Posts: 3
    Can you please tell me where did you get the deal. If you finance it thru the dealer and rate. Thanks.
  • shortie_gurlshortie_gurl Member Posts: 4
    How are you planning to refinance it? I would like to know because my interest rate is 5.9%. I also bought CPO 07 TechEnt with 36k+ miles for $30k last week. But with TTL and interest, the car came total to $39k.
    Purchased at McGrath Acura in Morton Grove. Financed through Bank of America for 4.9%. Not the greatest rate but paying off next year.
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    Interesting....

I thought in 2008 sports always came with tech package that includes navigation...
    I financed with BOA 4.99% for 60 months, which was thru the dealer. Mine was $40k OTD, $45k w/ interest. I plan to pay off sooner within 3-4 years.
    I wouldn't include the interest with the total price for now.

How do you like your MDX? We're enjoying the ride.
    Its a 2008 MDX. Not sports and hence no navigation. I was looking for one with no navigation and tech package.
  • dan1dan1 Member Posts: 76
    I haven't driven it that much since we drove it home but everytime I do I am amazed at the packaging the interior is so roomy and the handling for this type and size vehicle is better than a lot of cars I have driven. I am driving our 03 Explorer Limited now and it's nice for what it is but there is not comparison not that I expected there would be. We looked a new Explorer's (2010) figuring we might get a real good deal but no dealers in Colorado were interested in selling us one.
  • followme2followme2 Member Posts: 1
    A local dealer offered me $46,350 for 2011 Tech and Ent. Is this a good price ?
  • mattakmattak Member Posts: 1
    thanks for the info would like to contact your dealer on a similar vehicle.
  • achadha1achadha1 Member Posts: 65
    just picked up a tech and entertainment for 44200 includes destination in NO VA. also got the 1.9 apr. took only few hours to close the deal at the dealer. all the work was done over phone.
  • jersey504jersey504 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the process of purchasing a 07 or 08 MDX from a Acura dealer in North Jersey and wanted to get some prices for extended warranties.

I shoudl be able to get either vehicle in the 27k to 30k range.

Both vehicles have less than 50k on them and I was looking to extend the bumber to bumber warranty to 150K if possible. Any info on purchasing Acura's extended warranty vs. a warranty from a third party would be appreciated.

Thanks. :)
    McGrath Acura in Morton Grove, IL. Platinum extended warranty with no deductible was only 850. Seemed fair -

Since car was certified now have 7 years and 100K miles for warranty.
  • kewl_carkewl_car Member Posts: 17
    I bought my warranty from Bernardi Acura. It was the best rate. Original Acura Care Warranty. :)

http://www.bernardiservicecontracts.com/Departments/Acura.aspx
  • mugengsrmugengsr Member Posts: 12
    I'm in Va. Got it for about $42300, plus 3% tax, dealer fee, tags.
  • lastdukelastduke Member Posts: 3
    After read so many helpful posts here, I post my paid price this weekend.
    I bought a 2011 base model MDX at Portland Oregon area.
    The price was $40,200 including everything with 1.99% 60mo rate. To get it out of the door, i also paid for DMV fee.
    I know this is not a great price, but it is a okay price to me. I showed the dealer this website and asked him to match thoes low prices at NJ area. He said, no no no, they are in NJ, different market has different prices. I don't think it is a truth, but the price i got is pretty close to their bottom line. The manager came out start to negotiate with me about 200buck before i accepted the final price. I know if i walked away with their quote, i can get it lower a couple hundred lower. maybe I was too nice to him:)
  • daryllaffdaryllaff Member Posts: 5
    I have the Advance package on a 2010 MDX I just bought in September.

Regarding the two ride modes (Comfort and Sport), I never use the Comfort mode. It's just too springy -- it feels like an old Cadillac or something -- every bump I hit the car bounces a couple of times. They should have tightened it up a little -- it might then be more useful.

But I love the other features in the Advance package. My favorite is the Adaptive Cruise Control. I can set it to a certain speed on the freeway, and if I start to get too close to the car in front it slows me down to maintain a safe distance. I find I am much more relaxed when I drive, since I don't have to be quite so alert to the speed of the cars in front. (It's possible that this is setting me up for an unpleasant surprise some day, but I hope not!) I even find myself using it on city streets -- here in Tempe the speed limit is 45 and traffic generally moves at 50, so it's almost freeway speed.

The Collision Mitigation Braking System has helped me a couple of times, but I wouldn't have collided anyway. But it does feel good that it might be keeping me safer.

And I also love the Blind Spot Detection system. Visibility into the blind spot is not too good on the MDX, with the small, tapering rear side windows. I find I trust the BSD to tell me if there is a car there. If I can't see a car out the side window, or in the side rear-view mirror, and the BSD light is off, then I feel confident that I can change lanes. Especially at night, I find this very useful.

For me these features were worth the money.
  • tom298tom298 Member Posts: 14
    I test drove 2011 advance and also loved the features you mentioned but only got tech due to price
  • fcubefcube Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for your viewpoint. I wonder if the suspension in the tech pkg is closer to the comfort or sport mode in the advance pkg?
  • mandarich79mandarich79 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Do you have the dealer name in Illinois that has 2010 MDX loaners for sale? Were there any new 2010 base MDX's left in Illinois?
    It was McGrath Acura in Morton Grove. I don't believe they had any base models left. Good luck!
  • sko10sko10 Member Posts: 1
    i think that's a great deal. I'm also looking to purchase the exact same model with identical options. Which dealer do you use? Thanks
  • owlanandowlanand Member Posts: 1
    Hi, This deal sounds sweet. Can you please let me know whether this price includes tax too and the name of the dealership? I would really appreciate it. I am thinking about planning the tech package or tech with entertainment in the next few days. Thanks
    Anand.
  • achadha1achadha1 Member Posts: 65
    that price is with destination, taxes were extra...it was pohanka in chantilly email me if you want the sales guys name...
  • boozert87boozert87 Member Posts: 1
    I am considering purchasing a 2011 Acura MDX with Technology Pkg. Also, I'm adding the towing package as well. The dealership is quoting me $46,084 plus $598 dealer fees plus sales tax. Is this a good deal?
  • mugengsrmugengsr Member Posts: 12
    That seems outrageous...I got my 2011 Tech with no accessories for about $42300.

I'm in VA.