Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• frank_white_85frank_white_85 Member Posts: 2
    2011 MDX Technology Package w/ optional steering wheel paddle shift
    Black on Black
    Used
    23,000 miles
    $38,888

Best SUV I think I've ever ridden in... started out shopping for 2011 Cadillac SRX but engine was a dog and resale was terrible... Love our 'new' MDX!!!
  • ed_headed_head Member Posts: 11
    This is what a dealer in MD sent me for a new 2011 MDX w/Tech.

Sale Price: $42,008
    On the road: $46,056.52

Good price? How much wiggle room do I have for negotiating? Can I refuse the $199 processing fee, too? Is $44,500 a realistic offer?
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    I think you are in the sweet spot, I see the majority of these cars selling around 42, but some folks got 40-41 plus TTL.
    The 199 is just a way for dealer to mark up the cars.
    So I suggest make your offer and if they did not take it, wait for them to call you again.
  • wags999wags999 Member Posts: 1
    Park Ave Acura treated me well. Just picked up a 2011 MDX w/Tech $43,800 + TTL and a fair price for trade. They matched Truecar.com.

Good dealer.
  • valley520valley520 Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2011 Acura MDX - Tech Package.

I Live in Los Angeles

- 3 year lease
    - 12K miles per year
    - 1K down
    - $645 per month (Tax Included)

Did I get a good deal?
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    It is too late for feedback since you bought it, enjoy the car, life is short
  • tornadogtornadog Member Posts: 102
    the price the dealer gave me by email Is 45300. It sems really high, as I was hoping for 45k otd
    $45,300 before fees? That's too much for a new 2011. Everyone (in MD and VA) is quoting me $42k-$42.5k before fees for 2011 w/Tech ($46k OTD). I'm trying to get them to throw in the advance running boards at least with their $46k.
    that's my feeling too. I really like the running boards because of my 2 little ones. What else are they adding in your quotes?
  • jdavidsonjdavidson Member Posts: 25
    I have a < $40k quote for a 2012 base model, includes destination fee. I'm going to pull the trigger this week. I'll post my final deal $ and name of dealer once the deal is done.
    Yea, I want the running boards to minimize splashing and for my short wife, lol. None of the dealers will throw in the accessories free but are offering 15-20% off accessories.
    After several days of e-mailing several dealers, I found my best deal of $43,700 OTD on a 2011 Grigio/Ebony MDX w/ Tech. Dealer is also giving me 15% off accessories on top of the $43.7k. The only downside is I have to drive down to VA from MD. The nearest dealers either don't have the colors we want, won't price-match the VA dealer, or were not open today to answer any of my calls and e-mails.

Will have to take off work tomorrow but wanted to take delivery tomorrow to take advantage of the 0.9% financing special ending tomorrow.
  • burguesaburguesa Member Posts: 3
    Great info! Which dealer in MD or VA? Best price I am getting is 3000 below sticker for a 11 mdx with tech package, and 2000 below sticker for a 2012. Of course the 20012 I can't get the special financing that ends tomorrow. A price of 42,000 sounds amazing (2,000) below my 44,000 price in MD for a tech package. Can you let me know which dealership is offering that price? I want to buy tomorrow! Thanks a million! you just saved me 2000 if true!
  • sr1999sr1999 Member Posts: 3
    Could you share dealer info and final numbers please? Thank you,
    Are you asking me? I was asking Ed_head, who it looks like he got 2000 lower thei got today! Ed, can you share your dealer?
  • baltimoremdxbaltimoremdx Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a brand new 2011 MDX Tech over the weekend for 41,450 w/ free wheel locks included and 10% off accessories. This was before the 885 and 199 dealer charged fees, and before any state and regulatory taxes and licensing fees.
    Cool! You got a great deal! What dealer?
  • baltimoremdxbaltimoremdx Member Posts: 2
    Norris acura west. I had to haggle to get that price.
    Good price. I was working with them via e-mail for most of last week because they had the best price so far. However, they were not willing to budge from their initial $42,008 sale price and sticking to their "we routinely shop other dealers and this is the best price around." I don't think the GSM was too happy with me. They lost a sale but their e-sales guys seemed nice when I met them in person.

I got the best OTD price and accessories discount from Radley Acura in VA...an extra 45 minute drive but saved me at least $2,500 compared to Norris. Ironically, the OTD price at Radley was lower than my initial offer to Norris.
    edited October 2011
    I just got pre-approved for 1.99% LOAN FOR 72 months from DCU, so not too worried about missing out on the Acura's special financing rate. 42500 is the max I will go to before tax + fees, lets see if they will take it.
    My dealer is quoting Edmunds TMV price of 46, 296 and they said they will knock off a little of that. Why is Edmunds TMV so high, when some of you are getting less than 43K
    I think the TMV is an average of alot of folks' prices throughout the year. The unusually low prices are because it's the end of the year so dealers are trying to clear out old inventory.

I'm guessing the prices for these 2011 MDX's were at least $2k-$3k higher in the spring.
    What dealer is this btw? If you're willing to drive to Falls Church, Radley Acura beat all the other dealers I spoke with. All of the other dealers even told me that if I could get it for that price, I should go with that offer.

Radley has a couple of Blacks and a couple of the Grigio MDX w/Techs left. All have ebony interior.
  • zoom08zoom08 Member Posts: 75
    via emai, I was quoted 44800 + TTL with tech package.
    nyc dealer
    I am down south in Louisiana. We have 3 dealers in the whole state. I haggled as much as possible but they won't budge from the 45500, and the tradein they quoted was 2000 below kbb fair trade value for tradeins. Guess I am done with mdx shopping.
    that's about what I got...I am sure in nyc, you can easily do about 3000 less than that price.
  • willshakeswillshakes Member Posts: 9
    just got a quote on the 2012 mdx with tech for $43553 from dealer via truecar. total will be plus tags and fees. is that reasonable ? also, anyone knows how are the reviews on 2012 mdx ?
  • sandbox5sandbox5 Member Posts: 21
    Well, all the 2012s around me are flying out of the dealers...I can't even get over to see one before it's gone. I'm thinking I may have to buy a Q7! :blush:
    It's still very early in the model year so some dealers don't have them fully-stocked yet. I had looked at a 2012 but didn't wanna wait for them. Plus, the only diff I could see (from what I read) was the Tech pkg has blind spot indicators standard. Not that necessary for an extra $1,000 (the difference between the quote they gave me for a 2011 and 2012).
    Thx Ed..good to know. I can wait but don't really want to. :D
    2 of the dealers I spoke with won't move off sticker on the 12's.
    Don't want one *that* badly yet.
    Would you share where you got 1k difference? Might be worth a flight...
  • ds_nyds_ny Member Posts: 8
    Are you sure the tech package now has blind spot indicators? The 2012 MDX website still lists that under the advance package.
  • macaroni_macmacaroni_mac Member Posts: 2
    Finalized negotiation with a No Va dealer this morning:

Sale price: $45,700 plus TTL ($200 over invoice according to dealer); added Tint Front windows; All weather matts; Chrome roof rack; Running boards - $49,488.38 OTD
  • alldealsalldeals Member Posts: 5
    Just got a quote on 2012 MDX base

Selling Price $40796
    Tax(7%) 2855
    DMV Fees 395
    Doc fee 399
    Other Charges 199
    ---------------------------------
    Total - $44644

Seems high compared to other deals posted out here... Anybody got better quotes in NJ?
    Thx for sharing Macmac...what is tax in VA?
    edited November 2011
    I finally took delivery of a 2011 Tech yesterday, the price was 43780 + TTL. Price includes destination charge, and Protection Package I(allweather mats, trifold cargomat and wheel locks)
    nice going. welcome to the club.
  • acura68acura68 Member Posts: 1
    After months of research and reading some of the posts on here I finally purchased a 2011 MDX Tech. The price that I finally got after weeks of going from one dealer to another was $43553 for the car plus a $1000 in certificate money that the dealer used to put towards my downpayment. They all have these vouchers, but they use them as needed. Thank you to those who posted their prices and experiences here. You have been a great resource for trying to find a fair price.
    edited November 2011
    I'd appreciate some feedback on an offer I received..

2012 Tech with all season mats, tri-fold cargo tray, chrome rails and sport running boards.

$46,585 plus TTL

Also available is a 2011 CPO Tech with no accessories for $42,500.....

WWYD?

Thoughts??? :confuse:
  • shastonshaston Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a certified 2011 MDX Advance in Grigio with 16,500 miles for 39,995 + TTL. Very happy with the purchase.
  • dkny2314dkny2314 Member Posts: 8
    I currently own a 2010 MDX Tech with 27K Miles on it. I put down a large down payment and my monthly for 60 months is $569. I currently owe about $21K on the car.

The dealer will trade in the 2010 with an additional $2K and give me a 2012 MDX Tech at the same monthly payment for another 60 months.

Please note that I am due for B123 Service + New Brakes which I estimate will cost total $800-$1100.

Do you think this is a good deal?
  • sdlstevesdlsteve Member Posts: 11
    Really? Do the math, you getting a new car for over $55,000 assuming you're getting 1.9% financing for 60 months. With the trade of $23000, you're going to spend 32,543. Definitely not a good deal.
  • steve0199ussteve0199us Member Posts: 9
    The real question is, is it really worth a little over $11K to upgrade, the 2K they throwing in is really not much if you think about it, total maybe 12K-13K extra with all the hidden fees and whatever they going to try and get you with... I wouldn't do it, but if you have the $$$$ to spend, why not....
    Hi Mac...can you share what dealer you used?
    I'm willing to drive out of state..

Thx
  • smokingtiressmokingtires Member Posts: 1
    Just to share the numbers - 2012 Acura MDX with Technology. Bought for $43,150. Financed at 0.9% for 36 mos. Also got accessories: roof rack, body molding, rubber mats - but those were not discounted.

Buying experience was very disappointing. The dealer tried to cheat us after agreeing on the price and the numbers that went into financing were about $1,000 higher. After an hour of arguing they admitted their "mistake" and we closed the deal, but it's hardly a luxury car buying experience. The dealership also isn't very luxurious, but that's secondary.

With price matching between dealers getting this price was not very hard, but getting a better price for trade-in was more difficult.

Overall, I am happy with the car and not happy with the dealers. The things they said insulted my intelligence and overall sounded dumb: "we are not making any money, even losing $60 on the deal - we just want to make a customer for life". Or "we can give you the best deal on your trade in, because we are a publicly traded company". Or "no used car can be in excellent condition, even new cars are not excellent, even the one I am selling is not excellent".
  • mdxladymdxlady Member Posts: 5
    I have an offer for a 2012 base mdx for $39,500 plus taxes and tags. Seems a bit high. Has anyone seen a lower offer on this forum? Is this a good deal or just fair?
  • mdxdogmdxdog Member Posts: 6
    Hi leased a 2011 Base MDX--35 month, 10,000 miles, yesterday. First time I leased a car, did I get a good deal?

Paid (includes all down payment + tax & license)---$3989.00
    Traded 2006 IS350--------------------------------------- $650.00 (paid off car loan and 650.0)
    Dealer bonus cash-----------------------------------------$1000.00

Total monthly payment= $383.00

Special ad last 2011 on lot!
  • mdxladymdxlady Member Posts: 5
    I just finalized a deal with a northern VA dealership for 2012 Base model.

$38,500 (using a 1,000 rebate for using financing)
    + $111.50 tags
    +$1264.67 tax (VA)
    +$395 (processing fee (extra $ in dealers pocket)
    Dealer threw in Protection Pkge #2 and the usual oil changes...

What do you think? Is this a good deal? Need feedback ASAP... Don't know if I should go through with it tomorrow. Thanks in advance!
    You're under invoice by $1300 (if you're including shipping) so I would say that's a good deal!
    Good deal! Now I'm going to have to try to match or beat that....Grrr. It just got harder.

I had the same experience last time I did financing with my own acura dealer. They had added something that I specifically had declined and they acted like they couldn't change it as it was on the contract. I should have walked out because just like you, it took almost an hour to change it. If it happens next time (I'm going for the same 2012 MDX with tech), i will walk out.
  • yonyyony Member Posts: 2
    It's a very good deal. Can you please tell me the dealer's contact? Thanks.