Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sunil_bondsunil_bond Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2011
    Bought a 2012 MDX Base in Dallas on Saturday (12/24/2011) for $39,300.00 + Taxes + $180.00 Doc. fees.
  • sr1999sr1999 Member Posts: 3
    Would mind sharing dealer/sales rep info? Thank you.
  • bjk5929bjk5929 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for the MDX Tech Package also (in dark cherry). I intend to purchase this week. I'm located in Madison, Wisconsin but might be willing to travel to Chicago as the third purchaser. What kind OTD price have you been quoted?

5929bjk@gmail.com
  • sunil_bondsunil_bond Member Posts: 7
    The sales rep is Jeff and the dealer is David McDavid Acura in Plano.
  • curious_buyecurious_buye Member Posts: 7
    Yes, I ended up buying from the dealer that gave me the lowest quote of 2012 base MDX for 39,900. I added two accessories - advance chrome running boards and all seasons protection package, after negotiation paid OTD price of 43,500. This includes 500 $ flex cash.

hth,
  • acura_buyeracura_buyer Member Posts: 2
    curious_buye,

Does 43500 price include TTL? To clarify, you got mdx base+running boards+all seasons protection pkg+ ttl for 43500? And you got $500 flex cash on top of that? That looks like a really good deal....

thx
  • chicagofanchicagofan Member Posts: 1
    Any car buying pros out there?
    I'm interested to hear your thoughts on a particular lease promotion that we're considering with Acura. I've never leased a car before but I've read up on some of the small print pitfalls to be aware of. We both have over 800 credit so we will qualify. We're also going to negotiate the annual mileage to be 15k instead of 10k. My only other concern are the 'fees' that are excluded. Deal expires 1/3/2012. I've looked at several other manufacturer promotions on leases and virtually all of them require money down ($2-3K).
    Might also consider a 'new' 2011 instead of 2012 if that will get me into a Tech or Entertainment pkg for the same deal.
    Any opinions on this deal?

Here's the details:
    2012 MDX 6 Speed Automatic Featured Special Lease -
    $0 Due at Lease Signing
    $0 down payment
    $0 security deposit
    $0 first month's payment
    due at lease signing Excludes taxes, titles and fees
    $570 a month for 35 months thereafter
    Excludes taxes, titles and fees. For well-qualified lessees.
  • budcat1budcat1 Member Posts: 5
    Anyone want to take a shot at "good, better, best" price on very clean 2010 MDX w Tech no DVD etc. Certified? Thank you.
  • uvasauvasa Member Posts: 26
    Experts,

I'm offer by a NY dealer to turn in my Base 09' MDX for Base MDX 2012 with 3 payments remaing ($ 479/m - 5K Down on original lease) with 0 down, Tax, DMV, bank fee totaling $2400 and same monthly payment $ 479. Is this a deal? Lease is 12K Miles 36 months.

Thanks in advance
  • rite237rite237 Member Posts: 5
    Did you end up buying MDX? I am also in Chicago area and looking to buy a MDX Tech in next couple of days.
  • celsius58celsius58 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought an Acura MDX with tech for $42960 + TTL. I also negotiated Advanced running boards and Wood grain steering wheel as part of that price
  • dhza8dhza8 Member Posts: 5
    Signed a deal for a 2012 MDX w/ Advance Entertainment Packages today.

Details as follows:

Dealer: Acura of Denville (NJ)

MSRP: $54,455
    Dest: $885

Dealer Installed Options (inc installation)
    Running Boards: $924
    Body Side Moldings: $355
    Backup Sensors: $976
    All Season Floor Mats: $213
    Cargo Tray: $188
    Cargo Cover: $203

Dealer Installed Options Total: $2,859

Total: $58,200

Price: $53,350

Sales Tax (7%): $3,734.50

Lic/Title: $350
    Doc Fee: $259
    Tire Tax: $7.50

OTD: $57,700
  • abk555abk555 Member Posts: 1
    Where did you get this deal? Best price I found in mid atlantic area is 43500
    acura_buyer,

43,500 is the OTD price (cash out of my pocket).
    What I got -

Base MDX,
    Advance running chrome boards,
    All seasons package
    First maintenance free,
    life time inspection

The internet price was quoted as 39,900 for just the base MDX. (this becomes 700 below invoice and 300 below costco).
    Rest of the deal was made during negotiation in half an hour at Acura of Boston.

Good luck,
  • sv_groobsv_groob Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased 2011 MDX Advance for $48,250 in San Francisco. No destination charge.
  • jemmy1jemmy1 Member Posts: 1
    The best price I can get on a 2012 mdx base in Oregon is 41,600 with rubber mats and roof rails. Does that seem high to you all? Also, any comments on black on black, is it terribly uncomfortable in the summer?
    I bought an MDX with the tech package today from the Libertyville area. The dealership in the Madison area didn't have the ability to give me the same discount as Libertyville. I essentially got invoice pricing $43,928 and 15% off all added features (running boards and towing package). There were no surprise added fees - documentation fee was $155, license plate was $199 and I have to also pay Wisconsin sales tax of 5.5%. Working with the folks there was straight forward and easy. I can't post the dealer's or salesman's name but you can figure it out if you search Libertyville & the USAA program reps.

Best of luck
  • celsius58celsius58 Member Posts: 2
    I bought this in Northern Virginia. I had 2 other dealers within $300.
    Based on my recent buying experience of the same vehicle, it looks good. what is the price of just the vehicle without the accessories you mentioned. It sounds like it is less than 40k. I would say that is great!

Also don't forget to ask for flex cash on top of your negotiation if you take financing. that might get you another 500 or so.

hth,
  • lumpy71lumpy71 Member Posts: 7
    I just bought a 2012 MDX Tech package at Acura of Peabody. Got a great deal and I felt that they were extremely fair.

Paid 43,999
    dealer gave me $1000 cash

total 42,999 + TTL
  • rite237rite237 Member Posts: 5
    Does that price include dest and doc fee as well?
  • kwbagokwbago Member Posts: 2
    kwbago at gmail

Thanks Roxy. Did anyone actually group by the MDX in Chicago area? I am planning to buy soon as well.
    kwbago,

Sorry, I already bought in the Chicago area a couple days ago. I recommend you look for area dealers with left over "flex cash". Dealers can give as many $250 flex cash units as they would like. I've heard of 2X $250, 3X $250 and even 4X $250. I understand the flex cash is intended to be used to match your down payment. I also heard flex cash expired for all dealers on Dec 31st. Many dealers had no flex cash left at the end of last month.

I had great luck working with the Libertyville dealer and strongly encourage you to speak with them.
  • lumpy71lumpy71 Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2012
    from what I can tell I did not pay destination but did pay the $300 doc fee. The cash incentive that I received was from flex cash. not all dealers have some left.
  • uppoouppoo Member Posts: 2
    Picked up 2012 MDX with Tech Pack on the last day of 2011 at a NJ dealer.

$43,000 + TTL

Destination included. 0.9% APR for 36months.

Thanks for all the MDX owners' price input in this forum, very useful info and "real" deal indeed.

By the way I've also tried the truthcar.com as some had suggested. It's a great source to look for the average market price, but this forum goes to the lowest possible price you can get.

I lived in NYC and the price war is tough here (incld Westchester and L.I.), I guess more customers willing to paid higher price here. If you can't get the right price, I'd say try NJ instead.

Good Luck. :P
  • bonefish1bonefish1 Member Posts: 4
    we were strongly considering MDX, but for all the extras we wanted, we chose a 2012 Highlander Limited (basically the MDX tech package, but not entertainment), including running boards and winter floor mats for $38,400+ttl. Got 1.9% for 60 mos and financed the whole thing. I think we saved about $5K over essentially the same MDX. Yes, the MDX is a little more luxurious, but the HL had some really nice features and was better IMO for two toddlers.
    Got it at Grossinger on North Ave in Chicago.
    Feel free to ask me any questions.
  • yacomrade1yacomrade1 Member Posts: 4
    Looked to lease either 2011 Tech or 2012 Tech. Got a 2011 yesterday, at Ocean in NJ.

MSRP: $47,490
    Price: $42,705
    Miles: 15,000/yr *
    Down payment: fees only ~1400 (bank=595; title=310+180; doc=296; tire=7.50)
    Residual: .51 ($24,219)
    MF: .0005
    Monthly: $595

Thanks all for sharing your experience. Good luck to those still shopping.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,430
    That $595 includes sales tax? An impressive lease on a $47K+ vehicle. Good job!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• needtobuyneedtobuy Member Posts: 3
    I am being offered a price of $36,300 on a Acura MDX 2010 Tech / Ent (all season mats, roof rack) with 14K miles. Please respond with your thoughts on the price. Is this good?
  • dontondonton Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a 2010 mdx private sale for 32k (non tech package) but 10k more miles
    I'd be interested in a tech or entertainment at 36.5, dealer would be advertising at above 42 from what I'm seeing.
  • bonefish1bonefish1 Member Posts: 4
    That's a really good price. If Carfax is clean and car is looks good, I'd jump on that.
  • Adam BoydAdam Boyd Member Posts: 23
    I have a 2010 MDX Tech with 20k miles and the dealer is offering me 32k pending an inspection ... has anyone gotten better on a similar situation? I'm confused as to why both KBB and edmunds are saying 35 to 36k on a trade in and Acura is saying 32k.
  • Adam BoydAdam Boyd Member Posts: 23
    What dealer?
  • needtobuysoonneedtobuysoon Member Posts: 1
    I am a relatively naive car buyer. Final OTD price (excluding sales tax) is $36,500 with approx. 14K miles. This has both Tech and Ent package; carfax is clean and it's 1 owner car. This is not certified but has approx. 32 months remaining on the original factory warranty. What are the default accessories in the car? I am looking for things to check: like two wireless headsets for the rear ent system; remote for the DVD player; two keyless remote with keys; etc. What else should I watch out for? Any help or any list that I can go through and verify will be helpful when I check the vehicle out. Any other tips? Thanks again.
  • ffactoryxxffactoryxx Member Posts: 7
    So I have a 2005 Triple Black Acura TL Auto w/NAV in great condition. Still shines after a good wash.

It currently has under 91K on it. I would like to trade that in to either lease a New MDX / Lexus RX350 2012 model or maybe lease a 2011 if they have them.

On the flip side I might want to buy a 2010 RX350/MDX or 2011 depending on the deal I get. Looking for the Tech package in it so Navigation would be nice.

Been also looking at Highlanders

An SUV is new territory for me coming from a sporty car so I am trying to wrap my head around pricing and tradeoffs

My main two reason for looking around and maybe I can get this in an AWD car is snow/ice. My Acura is front wheel but I am scared to death in snow (slides everywhere) and it's tough bring my skii's and boots during winter. Would an all wheel drive car give me the same handling as an SUV?

2nd reason is that I have had my car for 5 years. The warranty with Acura is to 100000K so I am looking to get something newer before the warranty runs out and I have to dump more money into this one to fix it over 100K
  • willshakeswillshakes Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2012
    Bought a 2012 base MDX 2 weeks ago with wheel locks & window tint for $42600 otd in Dallas, financed for 1.9 for 60, after the paperwork i realized there was a lot of room to go lower... Keep bargaining guys, the dealers make a lot more than we think as the invoice is quite lower...
  • zoom08zoom08 Member Posts: 75
    I own an MDX and I tested the highlander, assuming you were thinking to save a few $$$. Highlander is cheaper but no comparison to materials, feel and drive of MDX.
    I would tell you to stay away from the highlander, out the door you will spend just as much as a base mdx and you get so much more with the mdx!
  • bigticket99bigticket99 Member Posts: 2
    We have been given the opportunity to purchase a 2009 MDX from a family friend of ours, at the end of their 3-year lease (February). We would just have to pay the residual price which is $21,390 plus $200 processing fee. The car has approximately 36k miles. Only upgrades on it are rear sensors and chrome step bars.

At first glance this deal is too good to be true. The KBB is in the low 30's and Edmunds in the upper 20's on this make/model. There is a pretty big discprepancy between the two valuations, but either way this is too good of a deal to pass up.

I am just wondering:
    1) About what is the true valuation of this car,
    2) Has anyone done this type of purchase on a lease before and did it work out,
    3) Is there any reason to be skeptical of this (we trust our friends but I still want to know this isn't too good to be true)

Thanks
  • bigticket99bigticket99 Member Posts: 2
    We have been given the opportunity to purchase a 2009 MDX from a family friend of ours, at the end of their 3-year lease (February). We would just have to pay the residual price which is $21,390 plus $200 processing fee. The car has approximately 36k miles. Only upgrades on it are rear sensors and chrome step bars.

At first glance this deal is too good to be true. The KBB is in the low 30's and Edmunds in the upper 20's on this make/model. There is a pretty big discprepancy between the two valuations, but either way this is too good of a deal to pass up.

I am just wondering:
    1) About what is the true valuation of this car,
    2) Has anyone done this type of purchase on a lease before and did it work out,
    3) Is there any reason to be skeptical of this (we trust our friends but I still want to know this isn't too good to be true)
    4) Is there anything else I should be aware of going into this purchase?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
    Most Honda Finance leases do not allow assignment to a third party. Depending on your state, your friend may have to purchase the vehicle (and pay sales tax), before then selling it to you.

If you want to know what the car is really worth, try posting a description here: Real-World Trade-In Values

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
    ... No buying or selling in the forums, please...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• g1lbertg1lbert Member Posts: 1
    just finalize deal for 2012 MDX Tech:

$43930+$135 doc fee - $1000 flex dollars = $43065

Does not include Taxes and Licensing.
  • kewl_carkewl_car Member Posts: 17
    Just bought a 2012 MDX Tech for $43848.00 Including Taxes, Title and Licensing from VA DealerShip. ...

I think I scored a good price. No Accessories though
  • value_2012value_2012 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    Looking to buy a 2011 MDX Base from a dealer, its precertified. Single owner, originally sold by same dealer as lease return back after 1yr and dealer sold a 2012 model as part of swap program. considering it has 1yr depreciation & 11000 miles, great condition, one accessory (side foot board) on it. What should be a value offer price? Dealer selling price is $38990, best offer from dealer is $38000.

Please advice.
  • ds_nyds_ny Member Posts: 8
    Sounds like a very good deal. I bought a similar certified vehicle with more accessories like roof rails crossbars remote-start running boards for 39.5k in December. Check if you have all the manuals.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Would you mind posting the dealer's name & town?
  • hdp203hdp203 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2012
    Can you please post the dealer name and location?
    If VA tax is 5%, you paid only $41760 for the car and DMV fees. That is an excellent deal.
  • value_2012value_2012 Member Posts: 2
    Joe Rizza Acura Orland Park
    Radley Acura ,
    5823 Columbia Pike Falls Church, VA 22041
    Radley Acura ,
    5823 Columbia Pike Falls Church, VA 22041

Tax is 3%