Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cml4cml4 Member Posts: 8
    Dealer is offering $49,000 (not including TTL) for a 2012 MDX with Advance and Tech, plus every other bell and whistle-fully loaded. MSRP is $55,663. It has 4,500 miles on it. Any opinions if this is a good or bad deal?
  • shajariwalashajariwala Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the process of buying a 2012 MDX with the Tech/Entertainment packages included. A dealer gave me a quote of $44,500 + tax, documentation fees, and destination fee of $885. Does this seem like a good deal? I still have to talk to him about possibly lowering the further and throwing in extras like free oil changes, all weather mats, etc. How much lower in price should I shoot for and how do I negotiate extras?
  • nivriknivrik Member Posts: 2
    Make sure you get a quote to include all the fees, then request a price that isn't subject to Buyer's remorse. Also since the car is used deduct 20c per mile from the invoice. lol
  • hdp203hdp203 Member Posts: 9
    If you meant Adv and Entertainment model, I think it's good deal. If it's only Adv, I think you can do better.
    I think you can do better. Here in NY/NJ area, I got offers for $43600 for the same car.
  • ginamberginamber Member Posts: 8
    I think you can do better, agree with other reply. Whatever the drive-off after new purchase plus the miles on it, I have had other offers for same vehicle with less than 100 miles for less via phone with FL dealers. Although the combo of Adv and Ent are not overflowing any inventories, they do sit for quite some time. They are paying to keep it on the lot, always think of that...
  • nav01nav01 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,
    I got a equote of $40k for a 2012 mdx base. I'm looking for a cod deal as I'll be taking the car up to the great white north, aka canada. Any thoughts?
    Which state has lowest tax? Do I have to pay the state tax in addition to the canadian tax at border?

Thanks for all your help!

Nav.
  • lffdlffd Member Posts: 1
    Received a quote today that the dealer invoice price for the 2012 mdx base - with the protection package (wheel locks, all weather mats, tri-fold trunk deal) is $40,900. This is ultimately what they offered to sell the car for. Free lifetime oil changes.
    Is this a good deal?
  • dreyfus1dreyfus1 Member Posts: 43
    NH has no sales tax, NY, PA, OH and others do not levy tax on vehcles being exported using a temp/transit permit to drive away. MI has complicated rules and vehicle has to be trucked across the border.

Your biggest hurdle is not state tax it is lack of warranty in Canada and US dealers not being allowed to sell for export. There are discussions on RedFlagDeals in forums Google MonsieurMaggot RFD or

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/wow-new-used-cars-us-up-30-cheaper-read-post-1-a-- 307601/

Thousands of comments on importing used and new cars US to Canada, search away for up to a month.
  • vg01vg01 Member Posts: 3
    You can definitely do much better. See my post # 11639 for particulars on MDX base at $38996 incl destination. Since then I have received E- mail offer for $36996 including brand new Acura competition challenge/customer loyalty incentive. The invoice number became completely meaningless as dealers and manufacturers are winning information war against the consumer in a big way.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    edited April 2012
    A reporter is looking for new-car buyers who feel they've been victimized by unscrupulous salespeople. Email pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, April 13, 2012 with a few words about your experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• justinnjustinn Member Posts: 2
    I am a newbie here and recently decided to jump on the Acura MDX club :).
    I have an offer for $44k OTD for a 2012 Acura MDX with Tech package in Southern California. I don't know if this is a good deal or should I negotiate more. Any feedbacks will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

J.
  • zfarzfar Member Posts: 5
    J.

By OTD, you means tax, title, etc., correct? Just want to be clear here because if so you have a great deal.

Based on a tax rate of 7%, which Ca has a higher rate, the price of the MDX is at most $40920. That's 6570 off MSRP.

The lowest I have been quoted here in NJ is $42128 for a Tech. Does your price include Acura's "competitor conquest" or "loyalty" incentives? The price I provided does not.

What price have you been quoted for a base MDX?
  • justinnjustinn Member Posts: 2
    Zfar,
    $44k is out of the door (OTD) and it includes the competitor conquest and loyalty incentives. The sale person also quoted me $50500 out of the door for the advance package but I am not sure $6.5k justifies the differences, at least to my wife because she will be the driver.
    I have not been quoted for a base MDX. I am still driving an X5, love it but my wife thinks we should go for a more reliable SUV. Not sure more reliable or not with the problems that MDX owners have on this forum but it seems Japanese product seems to give her peace of mind; I have 243k on my X5 and still running :). Just basic maintenance, new shocks, same original transmission and engine.
    Anyways, if it's a great deal, I may go for it this week. Thank you for your quick reply :).
    J.
  • barcarolebarcarole Member Posts: 3
    Q1) Is there anyone who recently purchased MDX 2012 + technology package at Atlanta area? What would be typical price ranges? The only accessory that I'd like to include is advanced running boards.

Q2) What if I pay in one installment? Is there any discount or benefit? I also consider big down payment like 20K or 30K. Is this good idea?

Although this is my second car, I didn't deal myself for my first car. So, this time, I need to deal myself, but have no idea the strategy. So, I'd like to get some idea for the target price.

Thanks for any comments and information.
  • jatyjaty Member Posts: 6
    Just pick up my 2012 MDX base yesterday.

$37300 (including destination charge and $1000 flex cash)
    Plus TTL

There is additional $1000 loyalty discount. But I am not qualified. It would be a sweeter deal if i own 2002 or newer of Acura, BMW, MB, Audi,or Infiniti.
    Can you please post the dealer name and location? Thanks.
    Where are you located? Would you mind sharing the dealers original price offer to you? 37.3k is a great deal.

thanks
    Justin - I hear you on the $ difference. I feel the same way on the base vs. Tech. 3200 for Nav and a few other minor differences is a big chunk of cash. I'd love to have vented seats that come on the Advance though. Congrats on the X5, 243k is an accomplishment in my book.

For what it's worth, I have a buddy with a 03 MDX which has almost 250k. No major issues.

I plan on visiting my Acura dealer tonight. Part of my deal will be for the GM to put in writing that they will replace the torque convertor if it starts acting up. Acura has issued a TSB to reflash the ECM to adjust the shift parameters, however if this does not work or the TQ still proves to give me symptoms over time I want a something in writing that I'm not going to get the run around.

For piece of mind, see if you can negotiate a better power train or at least a trans warranty. I'm shooting for 7yr/100k.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
  • sleepybubbasleepybubba Member Posts: 61
    I still have that offer of $41,400 for MDX with Tech package. The conquest cash wouldn't apply to me; otherwise it would be at the point where I would bite. Is it a half-way decent?
    Roughly 6100 off, don't think you can do much better than that.
  • jatyjaty Member Posts: 6
    Not sure if it is allowed to post dealer's info here. I got my car from Norm Reeves Acura of Mission Viejo (SoCal). Can not be happier with their service.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    You are good...

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jpf22467jpf22467 Member Posts: 2
    I am amazed at the prices I am seeing here. I live in the DC area. Radley has great prices, but my local dealer matched them

I was no where near as good as what I see on this board. I should have come here first.

2012 MDX with Tech and roof rails.

Edmunds has the invoice as 44500
    I got mine for $43400 plus 6% MD Tax for a total of $45200

I traded in a 2006 Volvo XC90. Kelly Blue book trade was between 13-14k. Carmax only offered me 11k. The dealer offered me $13600. Online classified for my old Volvo from private sellers were going between $13k-$16k. I think I did OK with the trade value

If invoice is 44500 and I got it for $1100 below invoice, How are some people getting them for $4k below invoice. Something doesnt add up.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Just because you see something here does not always mean it's 100% reality. Everyone's deal and situation are different, including tax, etc.

You got a great deal, and also remember this. To get a trade value at the upper end of KBB, there is not room to go any further below invoice, etc. on the new car. You saved the most and got a great trade, the best combination.
  • jpf22467jpf22467 Member Posts: 2
    see my post on what I paid for the exact car in the DC area. I decided against the $1000 for the advanced boards from the dealer. I got my on Ebay from some dealer. New and free shipping. Ordered them Sunday, delivered them Wed. I just installed them and it took about 90 mins. I paid $400 for the advanced boards. They are nice, but now that they are installed, I almost wish I went with the sport boards.
  • g35ingg35ing Member Posts: 9
    Does your $41,400 quote for the MDX w/tech include tax and all fees?
  • yyhdyyhd Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    Hey guys!

I'm new here. Did a lot of research on 2012 MDX with tech package. I got mine today for $41,750 before TTL + accessories. Bought the car in Northern California.

Total OTD was $47,448.98, which included roof rails, body side molding, door edge film, rear bumper applique, and advanced running board. I also managed to talk the dealer into giving me 3 years free maintenance included in the price.

Got it in Grigio Metallic with Black interior.

Do people actually buy the extended warranty? Is it really worth it?
  • mcarguymcarguy Member Posts: 1
    Received price of $47k for Advance

I will be purchasing

Accessories below $2,200

Sport side steps
    Mud Flaps
    Wheelocks
    Cargo Net
    Cargo Cover
    Tri Fold Cargo Mat
    All Season Mats
    Black Roof Rails and cross bars
    Body Side Molding

Sound like a good price??
    It does seem like a really good price. I am also looking for an Advance and have been given quotes from $49,000-$50,000. What state and dealer? If MSRP is 52,500 then 5500 off seems good to me.
  • ginamberginamber Member Posts: 8
    Pohanka dealership sent me an email with an MDX Premium (base?) for 36695, save 7120 from MSRP, and Tech for 40695, save 6795, and in text below the sales ad paste into the email mentioned 1000 off reward but not sure if that is off of that buy price or included in it. I am still waiting to buy an Entertainment and Advance in FL so I will send any more email offers I get. Have fun shopping!
  • rajendra2012rajendra2012 Member Posts: 5
    Hi - can you also email me the details and the best quotes you've for 2012 mdx tech and w/tech & w/ent ... I also stay in long island and am on the verge of buying the vehicle in 2-4 days

Would appreciate all information and help shared.
  • viola128viola128 Member Posts: 5
    I just got mine yesterday at Southern CA. I got 4 quotes on internet and picked the best, went down and knock down another couple hundreds. not as good as yours but probably the best i could find in the last two weeks. Fortunately I had the 1000 dollars bonus from Acura being a BMW owner and a 0.9 percent finance. Anyway, love this suv. I had a ML before and the MDX is much better. I had a legend years ago and really miss Acura. Very happy with it !!!
    Picked up my MDX last week. I did a thorough look over at the dealer before bringing it home, unfortunately I missed what seems to be a slight crease on the rear passenger quarter panel.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this? It is located about halfway between the rear door and the tail light and a few inches down from the window.

thanks
    @ginamber ... can you let me know the details of deal from pohanka for tech and if there is anything for w/tech & w/ent ?
  • jbrownak1jbrownak1 Member Posts: 1
    I paid $43,500 OTD at Radley two weeks ago for a 2012 MDX w/ Tech. I emailed them and made the deal to avoid funny games...
    edited April 2012
    What is your sale tax rate? How much is DMVs? Did you get any incentives?
  • rohdodrohdod Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have got a quote of $41200 for 2012 MDX w/tech.
    Planning to buy it before the 0.9% finance offer expires from Acura. :)

-RD
    @RD - can you tell me which dealer gave this quote ? Does it includes taxes & every other fee costs ?

And does it include any accessories and others ?
  • bayman48bayman48 Member Posts: 27
    just to help those on pricing, just got an mdx tech in nor cali, for 40500...after conquest cash...could have done better i think, but they compensated with a good trade in offer so i could not pass up.

Good luck guys!
  • hfzeushfzeus Member Posts: 39
    Pohanka purchase:

2012 MDX Base
    Price- $37,990
    Destination- $885
    Processing- $399
    Tag and Title fees- $410

plus tax
    less 1000 Acura loyalty (2002 or newer Acura registered at same address)
    less 1000 Flex cash

I added a couple of accessories with an average discount of 30% from MSRP

I had to use Honda financing at 0.9% to get the $2000 off, but am getting 1.25% from my bank, so it is fine with me.

(The Advance was $10,300 more.)
  • maard68maard68 Member Posts: 2
    I an in the Long Island NY area and I am about to purchase a 2012 MDX with Advance. I was given the following quote and wanted to see if anyone got anything better in the area

2012 Acura MDX with Advance

47,500 after $1000 Rebate
    Roof rails and cross bars-$ 800
    Docfees, Inspections, DMV - $200

I am also trading in a 2010 Ford Expedition with high mileage which they are giving me 26500 for. this was 1K higher than I got from any other dealer.
    Does the $47,500 include tax? And is the roof rail and doc fee, etc in addition to the 47,500? If tax and extras are not included in the 47, then that is what I am getting also--but I am in Texas.
  • mylt4mylt4 Member Posts: 23
    Wow - That is a great price.
    I was out shopping tonight for MDX Tech and my guy only wanted to go to invoice. Do you have a breakdown of all of the incentives?
    the only incentive was the conquest cash ($1000)...i also got the special financing, but that had nothing to do with the price. Everything else was negotiation and pricing around with other dealers...
    Thx - I need a lesson from you.
    I am going to another dealer in the am.
    are you in the bay area? if so i could help you out.
    No - As far away as possible - NJ.
    Quick question - is your MDX all wheel drive?
    The list out here is 47K
    every mdx is all wheel drive, good luck with your purchase.
  • free888free888 Member Posts: 18
    Unless Acura has some extra incentives I don't know about, I'm having a difficult time believing some of the prices I'm seeing on here. I've looked at TrueCar, and the dealer cost excluding holdback, destination and advertising is $41,825. Deduct another $2000 for Conquest/Loyalty and Flex Cash, this brings you to $39825.

Some of the prices being quoted on here must exclude destination, and if they don't, then the dealers are giving up nearly the entire holdback. One price in particular makes absolutely no sense, as it would have the dealer selling the vehicle at a $1000 loss based on my assumptions in the first paragraph. The fact that the poster hasn't responded to requests for a dealer name makes me question its validity.

I'm just starting to look for the MDX w/tech, and from what I can tell, anything below $41k (w/destination) would seem like a terrific deal. For posters with sub $41k pricing (and in one case sub $39k) a breakdown of the cost would be extremely helpful, along with the name of your dealer.

Thanks