Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jayson5jayson5 Member Posts: 3
    This was for the base model. It was a purchase, I have never leased before. If you like I can give you the guys info. Really simple and painless process.
  • isuzucalsisuzucals Member Posts: 2
    Leased vehicle with 12,000 Miles per year.
    Paid $41,200
    This is MDX with Tech Package.
    5/30/2012
    Dealer explained high probability that model will change for 2013 (honesty) and that I could bring vehicle back prior to 36 month lease expiration if I wanted to trade up to a newer model. (at some cost)

They have some kind of chart that tells them the residual value of the vehicle, depending on how many months you have leased it.

If 2013 MDX is awesome, I don't mind losing some money to have an even newer car.
  • madan1madan1 Member Posts: 4
    I completed my sale yesterday for MDX 2012 with Tech+Ent for 42100 +Tax
  • kushmdxkushmdx Member Posts: 4
    Could you give me names of the dealership
    Thanks
  • mdxerwannabemdxerwannabe Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a good price I just bought a MDX 2012 Tech Ent Pkg for $42600 yesterday.
  • cartcarcartcar Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2012
    Hello All, to begin with I would like to thank all forum participants for contributing to educating others (incl me :) on the buying experience. I bought a MDX Tech + Accesories ( Running board, roof rack, wood grain, body side molding) for 45.8 k OTD.
  • rovidanarovidana Member Posts: 7
    I leased my 2012 MDX just about a week ago and so far I am getting very poor gas milage. For a mix highway/city drive I get only about 10 miles per gallon. Any sense for why the gas milage is so poor. The car specs indicate that MDX should produce about 17 miles per gallon for mix highway/city drive. Thanks in advance for helping answer this question.
  • solaris72solaris72 Member Posts: 15
    Anyone bought ext. warranty and share the price here
  • roger106roger106 Member Posts: 1
    Which state did you buy it? Could you break down the price you paid please.
  • joemdxjoemdx Member Posts: 3
    If you want to save yourself money, do NOT believe that Edmunds or Truecar pricing is accurate, in spite of what dealers may tell you. They are getting incentives and kickbacks from Acura that they are not reporting.

We bought our 2012 MDX with Advance package (no entertainment package) for $45,000.00 + TTL in Northern California.

The cost breakdown was as follows:

Car Price: $46,000.00
    Competitor Conquest Cash: -$1000.00
    Total Price before TTL: $45,000.00

This price INCLUDED the destination charge. TrueCar says dealer cost is $47,364.00. So unless the THREE dealerships that ALL agreed to sell me the car at $46,000.00 (before conquest cash) were all willing to take a $1364 loss, I think it is safe to say the pricing quoted by truecar and edmunds is complete hogwash.

By the way, we financed for 0.9% for 60 months. So NO, we did not get taken in the financing area.
  • cartcarcartcar Member Posts: 6
    Florida, the base price incl accessories was 42600 + 600 dealer fee and the rest was TTL....the accessories were not priced out separately....
  • kimaskimas Member Posts: 14
    Drove home a 2012 MDX tech on Friday night for $41,517 plus TTL
  • ckrtckrt Member Posts: 4
    Congratulations!!! Where did you get this deal (Which state?), I am looking for a deal in NJ.
  • junkleojunkleo Member Posts: 5
    I heard Princeton dealer is willing to sell MDX w/ Tech and
    Roof Rack Package(Black)/Simple Hitch/Door Edge Guards/Wheel Locks/Tri Fold Tray/Body Side Molding for $42K.
  • kimaskimas Member Posts: 14
    In Northern California...
  • mdx40mdx40 Member Posts: 1
    coolcucumber,
    I want to buy a MDX base model, is that possible you can send me a purchase receipt showing the price so I can show that to the dealer to let them match that? Thank you so much. My e-mail is kewu2007@gmail.com. Thanks again.
    I ended up to buy the MDX w/ Tech and
    Roof Rack Package(Black)/Towing pack/Door Edge Guards/Wheel Locks/Tri Fold Tray/Body Side Molding/All-season mat for $42400 in E. Brunswick, NJ.
  • toyguy5toyguy5 Member Posts: 2
    This was deal I was offered it was not too bad they would not come off it a bit. I could of got an additional 1000 off if I owned another Luxury model. I did not buy it, if they would of given me the 1000 cash incentive. I bought a Highlander.....I did really like the MDX. The Acura dealer was great to work with
  • carnthusiast1carnthusiast1 Member Posts: 2
    This include destination? TTL?
    $42400+TTL
  • rhamilton72rhamilton72 Member Posts: 8
    Received a lease quote for a MDX with a Tech/Entertainment package for 36 months, 10k miles per year with a money factor of .00096 and residual of 54%. Dealer said each depend on which package you get. Not sure why that would be, but has anyone else heard of those fluctuating (even with good credit)?

I thought the going money factor and residual were .0009 and 57% for 36 months/10k per year??? 54% was closer I thought to the 12k lease.
  • jslee72jslee72 Member Posts: 2
    I'm living in NY and bought a 2012 MDX Tech two weeks ago from a NJ dealer.

$40459.65 (including destination and all-season protection package I)
    $3287.35 (NY Tax)
    $430.00 (Decumentation and registration fees)
    $44177.00 (Total OTD)

Hope this helps you guys.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    This post site is great. Really shows people how unrealistic True Car has become. Latest True Car price for a 2012 MDX with Tech, in my area, is $43,861. Many of the recent posts clearly show the True Car price is too high. For example, recent posts show prices between $40,460 and $41,600. These actual prices are in line with several quotes I have received from Maryland and Virginia Acura dealers. True Car and the many buying services which are "powered by True Car" are really a dealer's best friend.
  • jc22878jc22878 Member Posts: 4
    Well, I really got screwed. Bought my MDX Tech in Feb and paid 43,500 + TTL. I went by true car and thougt I did pretty good. Even checkin here on Edmunds, at the time, I was right in the ballpark with the price. Maybe it is becuse it was earlier in the year and prices were a little higher then? I don't know. I am glad to hear the good deals people are getting but it is a little disappointing to me. I really do love the car though!
  • joiseyboyjoiseyboy Member Posts: 2
    That's a pretty good price. Was that at Open Road Acura and would you mind sharing who your salesperson was?
    Thx
  • joiseyboyjoiseyboy Member Posts: 2
    Nice price.. what dealership?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,428
    Don't think about it that you got screwed. You are happy with your MDX & that is what's important. You bought in February which is historically a terrible month to buy a car. Usually mfrs don't offer rebates, good leases, or special financing rates. The deals are always better in May.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• jslee72jslee72 Member Posts: 2
    DCH Montclair Acura.
    I just got a quote for 2012 Tech +ENT for $42500 + TTL. It looks like a good deal to me. Any thoughts highly appreciated.
  • jayson5jayson5 Member Posts: 3
    From my understanding the more equipment the lower the residual values go. Because the equipment gets outdated as time goes on. This is what I have learned from my researching.
    The forum rule forbids posting the sales name. I think you may get better deal like others to pay $40250 for MDX Tech pack w/ some accessories because I didn't push it hard. Since 2013 MDX may come up soon, dealers will sell 2012 MDX on big discount. Just tell the sales that what price you want to buy, they may match it.
    It is good price, but IMHO the DVD screen is not so big for viewing and may block the rear view, also the central console will have more buttons. I will just throw the iPad to kids for the long trip. But again it is just my own opinion.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Seems like a great price. Just checked and the current True Car average price is $45,760 for a 2012 with Tech and Ent. Getting close to the time for me to buy an MDX.
  • mdxerwannabemdxerwannabe Member Posts: 2
    I got mine for about that price last week
  • kalantskalants Member Posts: 6
    I received a quote for $40,371 plus taxes and tags for a 2012 MDX with Tech package from a dealer in NJ. Is it too good to be true?
  • coolcucumbercoolcucumber Member Posts: 4
    No, Its not. In fact if you are willing to drive to VA, The deal here is 40k for tech model including destination +TTL. Dealer is Radley Acura, they just sent a flyer out too mentioning the same.
  • lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    Check the lease section... someone just got a deal at Pohanka for $41,500 (maybe a little less) for a tech w/ent.
  • alex917alex917 Member Posts: 2
    Signed a purchase agreement for MDX + Advance package $44,595 - before accessories, title, etc. It reflects $1,000 rebate from Conquest - Acura's competitive program (we own an Infiniti). I submitted a quote request on Edmunds yesterday and got a price of $45,595.
    I bought a 2012 MDX with Tech and the quoted price of $40,371 price was right on. The dealer is DCH Montclair Acura. Surprisingly, the whole experience was relatively painless. All the other local dealers that I contacted weren't even able to break the $42K bar.

I would have loved to have come down to VA but with a 2 year old and both my wife working full-time makes such a trip a little difficult. But I am happy with the deal that I got.
  • nlgmdxnlgmdx Member Posts: 8
    Guys can anyone tell me if Acura is offering 0% APR or 0.9% APR. I am debating on buying a used MDX Tech or new one.
  • alex917alex917 Member Posts: 2
    They have 0.9% for 36, 48 or 60 months. Good through end of June, may or may not be available after that.
  • buikbuik Member Posts: 2
    what dealership gave you the $42,500 quote?
    Piaza Acura, West Chester, PA
  • ccqqccqq Member Posts: 1
    Bought the 2012 MDX w Advance package w/o DVD at Radley Acura in VA.

$44,500 plus tax, title, destination, and $395 processing fee. Is that a good price?
  • buikbuik Member Posts: 2
    thank you
    Can you please tell me if $40,371.00 is including dealer processing fee and destination charges?
    just now i sent you a standard quote that i got.
    I just posted this in the lease section, but figured I'd post here also. Picked up a 2012 MDX Tech this evening for $40,350 (that includes destination). The dealer also threw in Running Boards, All Weather Mats and four free oil changes.

Felt like I got a great deal.

Pohanka Acura in No. VA.
    $40,371 includes destination but not the dealer processing fee. This was still a much better deal by more than $2K in the NYC area. The other dealers kept insisting that this must be the base model and not the Tech when I asked them to beat the quote.

Regardless, I love this baby - can't wait to take it on a real road trip!
    I actually leased from them. Wanted to keep the payment a little lower initially.