Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ajs9ajs9 Member Posts: 9
    Thank you so much for telling us this. I hope you have already removed my info as I couldn't find the post to remove it myself. Thanks!
  • bpkumar81bpkumar81 Member Posts: 2
    Steer clear of Oakland Acura. Real Shady...The sales manager out there is a real piece of work...they try to sell you a car that doesnt exist (which they dont have). Will run credit checks and all paperwork and then give reasons to jack up the price on you - no shame in going back on the promises made. Sales person says one thing and the Manager other - and then he has the bravado to come out n say that he doesnt have to honor what the sales person promised you.

I tell you - these guys dont deserve to be an Acura dealer!!! Period!!!
  • rpram1rpram1 Member Posts: 18
    I need some help:
    This week I will shop for a 2012 MDX with Tech and Entertainment.
    Questions:
    1. What is the Price (before TTL) I can expect to pay, given the knowledge of the experts on this forum?
    2. Also, I own another Acura, do I get the Loyalty $1000 incentive?
    3. I also own a competing BMW SUV, do I get the Competitive $1000 incentive? (do I have to trade it in to get it?)
    4. Can I get both?

5. If my dealer only has a 2012 MDX Advance/Ent. how much more should I pay over the Tech/Ent?

Thanks - this decision is happening quick
    edited July 2012
    I'm thinking about buying a base model 2012 MDX. I have a purchase price offer of $39,900. I'd appreciate thoughts on if this is a good price or not. thanks!
  • shoptanshoptan Member Posts: 2
    csriram45, could you please share which bay area dealers gave you the quote for $39.5k on mdx tech pkg? The one you purchased from and the one who called you to match the price. Dealer name would be sufficient.

Thank you very much!
  • shoptanshoptan Member Posts: 2
    Wangjt, could you please share the name of this dealership?
  • csriram45csriram45 Member Posts: 56
    Based on the price posted above in few posts before on what I paid and another couple of members have paid in NorCal this is not a great deal. This of course depends on where you are located.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    FWIW - Pohanka Acura in Virginia sent me a price of $35,690 for base MDX and $37,870 for MDX with Tech. These prices do not include freight. These prices consider the $1,000 loyalty bonus. Pohanka will likely try to add the $399 Virginia Documentation Dealer Profit Plan as well.
  • pstevens1pstevens1 Member Posts: 1
    A friend suggested I post this on this board and from what I am seeing everyone is VERY helpful.

So, your help would be greatly appreciated. The lease on my 2009 Mazda CX-9 is up in October (my first car lease) and have been advised that shopping now for a new car is my best bet.

We are looking to lease (3yr, 12,000miles) a base model MDX.

Can you please give me an idea as to what prices I might expect with no money down and everything built into my payments?

I am paying $480 a month for my CX9 and would like to be in that same area for the MDX which we love!

Thanks so much for your help!
  • domv76domv76 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    I feel the same way you do! I ended up leasing an MDX last night for $580/mo for 12k/yr and nothing down but first months payment. I traded back my 2010 MDX. Both are base models. Where did you go? I went to Bridgewater ACURA. I am pretty upset. I already confirmed with an attorney that I can break the lease within 3 days.
  • vulchesvulches Member Posts: 17
    You need to be willing to drive to DC/VA where the deals are, but sometimes the NJ dealers like to play as well. Look for a negotiated sales price of $37k + acquisition fee and doc fees (so call it $38k total). Ask 3 different dealers for the residual % and top tier money factors on whatever lease it is you want (they should all be the same, but some dealers like to play with the money factor), and then use the calc at http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm to determine your monthly payments with tax and with nothing down (always a good idea with leases). That will be your worst case monthly payment. Whatever you do... do not talk monthly payment with the dealers. Speak only the the sales price of the car and get the other criteria and run your own numbers. Do not trust them to do this for you.
  • tk17tk17 Member Posts: 6
    Bought an MDX Base last night north of Chicago. Great dealership, easy to deal with, no pressure.

$36,600 incl dest and loyalty. (TTL extra)
  • talltofutalltofu Member Posts: 4
    Is this a good offer? Any recommendations? If someone has a lower quote, could you please send it over?
  • pastready2buypastready2buy Member Posts: 35
    WARNING - Pohanka sent you (and others) those prices as a "bait and switch". Those are for USED cars, according to Pohanka.
  • 1s2atl3sc1s2atl3sc Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a 2012 MDX with tech. MSRP 47490. So far two dealers 1st offer both were around $41k+ $599 dealer fee ( That included conquest disc). I am thinking I should be able to get under 40K before tax, tag, title. Can anyone offer any thoughts or feedback. Thanks
  • sami5sami5 Member Posts: 9
    I paid $48100 for MDX 2012 Adv Ent that includes doc fee and destination charges (07/30/12). Most of the conversation and negotiation done through emails. Once the dealer agreed on the quote, and received a confirmation email, then I called him and drove to the dealership and walked away with my car. Finance Mgr tried to sell GAP and some third party extended warranty, but rejected all those offers. However, I was interested in 8 yr. 100k miles extended Acura Care warranty but quoted initially $3580. I rejected that offer as well. My goal was to get it for $1810 max for 8yr 100K miles. Anybody had got on getting AcuraCare for $1810 - 8 yr 100k?

Based on my research and others who paid for the same vehicle, i thought i got a good price for it. Please share your experience.

If you think I got a good deal, I am willing to share the dealer name and location send me your email.
  • newmdxowner2newmdxowner2 Member Posts: 2
    Hey if this helps anyone I just bought a 2012 MDX tech package in Falls Church Virginia. I have serviced my 2004 MDX there not bought since I was transferred here last July. I have to say I had the best buying experience in 20 something years of buying cars.

Just call the Sales Manager Steve. He will work directly with you. I walk in from service and talked to him. It was a no nonsense process. He told me they have a high objective and programs from Acura are so strong so he would make a deal. I got in a new MDX for under 38K. I don't have my paperwork with me to give the exact amount but I walked away with no money down for $470 per month.
  • advan13advan13 Member Posts: 6
    I got a quote from Concord for $37,500 (includes destination) base, not yet factoring $1000 conquest. I didnt negotiate too hard since I'm not yet ready to buy, but I think they will deal for $37k . I emailed their internet sales guys.
  • yauzas1yauzas1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, Noob here. Has anyone from new york purchased the MDX in Virginia and registered in NY? How is the sales tax handled. Thanks in advance.
  • pastready2buypastready2buy Member Posts: 35
    edited August 2012
    If you don't mind, could you please provide some additional details on your price? How far under $38k and did this include destination (+$895), dealer fees (+$400 for the VA dealers), loyalty (-$1000) and military (-$750) for your '04 MDX?

Assuming at $470 w/ zero down you leased?

Thanks!
  • kbekbe Member Posts: 1
    Purchased MDX base in Libertyville, IL for $36,200 (excluding destination (+$895 charge), title, tax and license) and did not include any Loyalty or Conquest Rebates. Quoted $39,500 on tech package (excluding Loyalty or Conquest rebate) as well. Very easy to work with, no pressure tactics
  • newcarbuyer267newcarbuyer267 Member Posts: 1
    I have narrowed down to this and am looking for guidance on what people have paid for this in San Jose/Bay Area. So far have a quote for 40,995+ TTL. Anyone see something better.

Thanks.
  • texmdx1texmdx1 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a MDX with Technology package. I live in Texas...most of the great deals I am reading are up north...any great deals at a dealership in Texas?
  • m0s1m0s1 Member Posts: 1
    Got a quote for mdx tech +ent for 42151 (ttl price is 46171 otd)....is this a great price? Live in Chicago il
  • cyclonemikecyclonemike Member Posts: 10
    I purchased an MDX Advance Palladium Silver Metallic with Taupe interior on July 30, 2012 from Jay Wolfe Acura in Kansas City, MO. It included all-season floor mats, tri-fold cargo tray, body side moldings, door edge film, touch-up paint, and wheels locks. The dealer also includes oil changes per the maintenance minder for the life of the vehicle (original owner). The out-the-door price, not including tax, title, or license fee, (I live in Kansas, not Missouri so the TTL is not paid at the dealer) was $47,799. I financed $36K at 0% for 36-months through Acura Finance. No trade-in. The rest paid in cash. The MSRP (including dealer installed inflated pricing on accessories and the $199 admin fee) was $54,636, not including the lifetime oil-change value. The current “incentives” were $1,000 loyalty (I have a 2006 TL) and there is $1,500 manufacturer to dealer cash. So the additional discount was $4,337. So I got a little ways into the dealer holdback (below invoice), but not much. I am definitely satisfied with the deal given the included value of the oil changes.

The dealer was excellent to work with and I can recommend Dennis Maher or Denny Vickers as sale personnel.

In addition, I have purchased and installed myself (it is pretty easy) a trailer hitch, wiring harness, and a hitch reducer (2” to 1-1/4” for bike rack) from e-trailer for $213.

The only issue that I had was that the passenger side door edge trim was not installed very well when I picked up the vehicle, but they redid them yesterday and now they look just fine.

FYI – I also drove the Lexus RX350 and RX450h – liked the 450, but the cost difference was too much. I also drove the BMW X3 and X5. Really like both of them and I thought they handled and drove better than the MDX; however, the X5 was over my budget and the X3 seats did not fit me very well. I also would have had to wait 4 weeks for an X3 with the equipment I wanted and the existing ones on the lot had odd combinations of options. Both the local Lexus and BMW dealers were also great to work with and I can recommend Chris Nottage at the Lexus dealer and Gregg Griswold at the BMW dealers in the KC area.

Mike
  • bbo56bbo56 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all - just got a quote north of Boston for a Tech for $42K and an Advance for $47.3. Both already include the $1K loyalty discount. Has anyone else received better quotes in New England? I'm willing to travel for a better deal. Thanks.
  • texmdx1texmdx1 Member Posts: 2
    Vulches - I live in Texas and am looking for an MDX with Tech package. would you email me recommendations on how you got such a great deal? Did you deal only through the internet?
  • mroll1mroll1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    You might want to try Muller Acura in Merrillville IN. I purchased a 2012 mdx with tech package yesterday OTD for $43,000.00 including all fees, and IL taxes. Been searching for a while in chicago area and surrounding suburbs and no one came close to this deal. It's a new dealership just opened 08/01/2012. I got a quote online.
  • bostongolferbostongolfer Member Posts: 5
    42K is OTD? Same for the 47.3K quote advance? OTD? If not, both prices seem high. I hope it is not the dealer I am planning on visiting next North of Boston.
  • fhaquefhaque Member Posts: 2
    I have a price of 36795 from dealer for an MDX base '12
    Is this a good price?
    Thanks
    -Faisal
    Where are you located? Try targeting $36k.
  • sleepybubbasleepybubba Member Posts: 61
    Try inquiring with Bernardi's. I got 40,900K for Tech without any negotiations from them.
  • kancha25kancha25 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for the Acura MDX Advance with entertainment package in Omaha, NE. Dealear is not willing to come below 51K where I see prices way below that in some of the post here. How should I ask for the same price at my local dealer or is it a good idea to shop near by like Kansas City so I can get better deal. Also I have 2008 RDX to trade in. Is it a good idea to trade in or try to sell by myself so I can take out the trade in part out of the negotiation.

Really looking forward for some suggetion from other experienced user here.
  • bbo56bbo56 Member Posts: 2
    No, those prices weren't OTD. It was Acura of Peabody. I figured I'd start with them, then shop around the other MA and NH dealers. Planning on getting e-mail quotes from a bunch, but I wanted to get a sense of what a good starting point was. Will definitely check in with Bernardi. Also - he said the 13's were coming out in October, but I can't find anything to back that up yet.
    I have been getting offers from multiple dealers of approximately $38k before taxes for the base model of the MDX. Can't seem to get anyone lower. Thoughts on how to get dealer down further? TIA!
  • kancha25kancha25 Member Posts: 2
    Can you please send me the detail information on this deal? I am trying to negotiate with my local dealer and if they don't come close to this price I am willing to travel for a good deal.
  • specifionespecifione Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2012
    Hello i got below quote for mdx advance
    51.3 OTD(vehicle price# $47,524)..and not able to get lower than that..any suggestions how to deal? can some one please mail me the quote(tech or advance) they got in other places i will try with it..my mail is same as screenname at outlook.
    Hello Sami

can you please share you deal details..my mail is same as screenname at outlook.
  • vazmanvazman Member Posts: 3
    Guys,

I am looking at a 2012 MDX Tech and got a quote from Rallye Acura yesterday with my trade-in. From what I am reading on the posts here, people are getting a much better price. Can someone confirm if they have purchased or received a better quote. Dealer is willing to match any quote. My email is same as my screen name at gmail.com. I am planning to move fast on this, so any help would be appreciated.

Selling Price: $43,816
    Loyalty: - $1000
    Trade-In: -$21000
    Sales Tax: $1980.38
    Fees: $135

OTD: $23,931.38
  • bill124bill124 Member Posts: 246
    Good luck with them. They wouldn't match and then they hit me with a preprinted "dealer fee" or documents fee after we agreed to a price. They told me that the dealers wouldn't stand behind the quotes. They were convenient but not the best price by thousands....
  • mambwe33mambwe33 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    I went to Island Acura on Tuesday and they quoted me $42,500 for an MDX with Tech. I only had ten minutes so I didn't negotiate with them. This was the first offer they gave me, so I'm sure there was still room.
  • acuhonfanacuhonfan Member Posts: 10
    Hey, ajs9. Around $38K seems to be as low as the Ohio dealers I've dealt with will go on a base MDX. That includes the destination fee but not TTL, etc. A couple dealers would do $37,795 on inventory received prior to April, because those cars cost them slightly less. Best deal would be to pick one of those units and then, if you can, apply the $1,000 loyalty or conquest promo to make it $36,795. That would be a really good deal, based on what I just went through. Also, if you need financing 0.9% is hard to beat.
  • vulchesvulches Member Posts: 17
    You need to negotiate a better sales price (should be ~ $39-40k max for MDX with Tech) and then bring up the fact that you have a trade. Try the dealers in NJ. I think DCH Montclair is usually pretty competitive. Nobody beats the dealers in VA/MD though. I think they've been offering the Tech for under $39k + TTL.
  • grkmecgrkmec Member Posts: 12
    I am from the NYC area, willing to travel for a good deal!
  • vineetbhardwajvineetbhardwaj Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2012
    Hi,
    I am getting a quote for MDX 12 tech model for 40k that includes destination charges in NJ. I can not avail loyalty of 1k as I don't have a vehicle that qualifies for that. Can you please suggest if this is a good price ..if not, where can I get a good deal..willing to travel till 300 miles.

Email same as the screen name at gmail
    Thanks.
  • sigp228sigp228 Member Posts: 1
    Have you thought of a used one?
  • gabssmithgabssmith Member Posts: 1
    Can I get some advice on where to go to get the best price in St Louis or metro area? My experience is that the dealers want to sell just under msrp. One dealer never mentioned about the loyalty program when I was looking at a certified car for within a couple of thousand of the invoice of a new car. I am ready to pull the trigger but have not found my target. looking for a mdx base or tec. Thanks
    As I have mentioned few pages b4, prices so fat has been as low as $36k for base and $39,500 for tech. So try around that #.
    No..finally purchased for 46.5+dealer fee(~700 )+ttyl..