Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mayank_21mayank_21 Member Posts: 3
    Are you sure it's Out the door OTD price from Radley. I got a quote from them (Internet pricing) for Base MDX for $37,355.. I assume it includes freight and dealer processing. TTL separate. I am curious whom did u contact or what is the way to get this price? Its a great price if true...
  • hot_javahot_java Member Posts: 6
    yes, thats the OTD price they gave me. But I have not purchased the vehicle yet. Still I can't decide btw RX350 and MDX. Get a dealer price from one dealer, send it to other deal and ask them if they can beat that price. End of the day if you talk 4/5 dealer, you will get a price.
  • wantedcarquotewantedcarquote Member Posts: 3
    That $37,900 OTD price at Radley is not for all but added military and preowned luxury incentives. For regular buyers, the OTD price would be around $41k with tech it is $43k. I am also in MD/VA area shopping for MDX.

BTW- hold on buying 2012's, 2013's are just available at Acura.com so once they are available in dealers lot, 2012's get much cheaper!!!
  • carbuyer11carbuyer11 Member Posts: 114
    Just took delivery on my second 2012 Acura in the last 13 months. After purchasing a TL Tech for my wife, we purchased an MDX Tech in Aspen White Pearl for me. I paid $39,375 after loyalty rebate. I really don't care if that isn't the lowest price ever reported on an MDX purchase. I saved $8,225 off the sticker plus I was able to lower the Acura .9% to 0%, saving an additional $500+ over the life of the 60 month loan. I couldn't be happier. I purchased both from Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA which necessitated a grueling 200 mile roundtrip drive from our home in Central VA. I negotiated everything via email. Sorry but I will NEVER negotiate a car at the dealer, even if it means paying a little more. Pohanka did EXACTLY what they promised on each transaction. The purchasing process could not have been any easier and we were on the road relatively quickly, impressive considering their incredible amount of customer traffic. Well done. By the way, both Acuras are impressive. While they are not the most technologically advanced vehicles on the road today, there is a ton of peace-of-mind when driving a Honda product. Put very simply, THEY WORK!
  • hman411hman411 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Vaz,

Did u finally purchase a MDX tech from a NJ dealer? Looking for one currently thanks.
    Ok yes factoring in those incentives will make the price go down to 2k and that's no surprise. In that case quotes for base MDX that I got from Radley of $37,355 is not that bad. Have you got any quotes from delares around VA/MD and what are they quoting (Base MDX if you are also looking for Base)?

Any idea what lowest price is a good price if targeting to buy by end of this month Aug 31st considering new 2013 model is going to roll out pretty soon and dealers are already in rush to clear their 2012 inventory to make space in their lot for 2013.
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    Purchased a '12 MDX with Tech this weekend at Lindsay Acura in Columbus, OH for $41,900 (before tax). That included all-weather mats. This is our local dealer and is known for terrific service so I don't mind paying a little more. Very good experience and no high pressure to upsell in the finance office. Too bad we couldn't get conquest discount...we paid more for our '11 Sienna Ltd two years ago!
  • boston_caboston_ca Member Posts: 1
    I am also looking for a Tech MDX. Most of the dealers have more than 80 or more MDX's on their lots. At what point are they going to need to discount even further.
  • hot_javahot_java Member Posts: 6
    Finally got the MDX base model for OTD price $ $37600 that includes free body side molding,mat, wheel lock. with 0% APR for 60 months.
    I think I made a good deal. Its from Pohanka Acura, Chantilly, VA
  • carbuyer2kcarbuyer2k Member Posts: 5
    Got an offer for 2012 MDX tech+ent for $41850. Pushing for an extra $500 off. Reg/Title and Doc charges seem high (400/300 resp). Also see charges for Secured Etch (300) and Door Edge Guards (187)... what the heck are door edge guards?

I got .9%, but I've been reading about people getting down to 0%. Any tips on how to negotiate that? I floated it to my rep and he wouldn't say anything other than they would work with me. I'm hoping that the end of month works in my favor.
  • alexstjoalexstjo Member Posts: 3
    Acura of riverside
  • mdxowner_summdxowner_sum Member Posts: 2
    Paid 40600 (includes conquest discount of $1000) + TTL at santa clara bay area for MDX AWD tech and Entertainment. 0.9% and they also gave free 9 oil changes (4 A services and 5 B services) free.
    This is a great OTD price. I also took delivery from Pohanka for Base MDX for OTD $38550 with running board ($800), all season mat and wheel locks. Does your price include any incentive/rebate?? I am glad that we got a great deal. End of the month is the best time to haggle...
  • hman411hman411 Member Posts: 3
    Finally purchased a new 2012 MDX w/tech package. Offered $43k with the 0.9 % financing.
    I did not qualify for any loyalty programs unfortunately. Came with all season mats and wheel locks.

I know some people got better deals but I got a nice trade in offer for a car that was on its last legs. Looking up the private resale value looks like I scored with that offer.

Car was spanking new with only 2 miles upon delivery.

Loving the car just have to get used to buying Premium gas.
  • tkubli2000tkubli2000 Member Posts: 2
    Working with a couple of dealers today in Columbus, OH and best I could get was $43k out the door with .9% financing. Thought last days of the month (August), I could do a little better. Undecided if I am going to take the deal tomorrow or not.

Todd
  • scndmdxscndmdx Member Posts: 6
    just signed my deal in north NJ:
    sale price of $39,900
    less dealer coupon of $650
    less loyalty of $1,000
    net price of $38,250
    OTD of $41,916 (7% NJ sales tax)

get a 2012 before they are gone
    edited August 2012
    See my post above for a deal I did in Columbus last weekend. I don't know your trade situation so OTD doesn't mean much to me. I personally don't think the deals will be any worse next week. The dealer cash is there until 9/4 according to edmunds. I would bet it remains until the 2012's are gone. There must be more incentives out there beyond what is published because many of the deals I see here (see post right above me) are thousands below true dealer cost...at least using any published incentives/holdbacks.
  • tkubli2000tkubli2000 Member Posts: 2
    Gotcha. Thanks for pointing that out as I missed it. Actually I don't think I am trading in now cause the offer was too low for our Altima so the deals I was getting was $43k out the door with $10k down. Basically financing $33,067 at .9% for 5 years. Seems like a solid deal based on what I have been seeing.
  • carbuyer2kcarbuyer2k Member Posts: 5
    Did they tax the dealer coupon? I was told they had to do that.
    41k out the door? No registration/title, nj lux tax, doc charges, secure etch, door guards?
  • babusobabuso Member Posts: 1
    Can you pls PM me or include the dealer name? I have to buy an MDX with Tech today. Thanks
    They tax both the dealer coupon and the loyalty incentive. My price was $41.9K out the door which included $299 Document Fee (dealer profit), sales tax, registration and title and the lux or heavy car tax. There were no add-ons or options (no etching, door guards etc). I did get (in fact I think you have to use) .9% financing (I used 60 mos but I think you can choose shorter terms if you like).
    Ramsey, but Montclair and Denville are also negotiating freely.
  • whusurdadiwhusurdadi Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up 2 of the 2012 mdx base models - one at the end of june (old tags were expiring) for $37500+ tax and 0.9% financing and a second one last week for $499 for a 36 month lease with $0 down - and got absurdly good money on my trades...
    I played 2 dealerships in MD off each other...
  • mdx241489mdx241489 Member Posts: 3
    I am in a dilemma if I should buy a 2012 MDX or wait for the 2013 to hit the lots in the next 2-3 weeks (I see the Acura advertising the 2013 model on their website).

Please correct me if I wrong and you are looking at this differently. Suppose I theroitically brought both 2012 and 2013 together and drove 5000 miles, wouldn't the 2012 model have depreciated more as it is a 1 year old car even before rolling out of the dealership???

However, walked in for a test drive yesterday and got this quote without even asking for one. :blush:
    MDX base : $38,298+ttl
    MDX Tech : $41,598+ttl

Did not negotiate further as I had this question of 2012 vs. 2013 lingering in my mind.

What do u guys think??? Is my reasoning flawed... BTW I am in Texas.

Thanks.
  • rite237rite237 Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2012
    Finally made the purchase yesterday in Chicago for $38,600 + dest + TTL. Total was 42.8k OTD. I did not qualify for loyalty/conquest discount. I could have a little better by going to another dealer but I had already done too much haggling with this particular dealer and just wanted to drive back home my new car. Please note there is a new $1500 dealer cash available for a total of $3000 until 9/4. You cannot combine this new dealer cash with loyalty/conquest discount.
    edited September 2012
    Nice price. That makes total sense as to how I got a quote for $2500 below invoice for base MDX without royalty or conquest discounts.
    Chances are a big chunk of the dealer cash will disappear on the '13 models so you won't be able to buy one as cheap until perhaps the spring/summer when the '14 should be arriving.

One thing to note, the '13 model is going to lock you out of making changes to NAV while driving. You will only be able to use voice commands.
  • carnthusiast1carnthusiast1 Member Posts: 2
    Scnmdx, this deal sounds amazing. I'd like to find out more about your offer as i am in the Jersey area as well and am also looking for an MDX tech. Are they willing to negotiate? Was the process painful? Lengthy negotiation period?
  • ellisstevensellisstevens Member Posts: 2
    What city, state and dealership did you get that kind of price? Please hurry, incentives expire tomorrow 9/4/12.
  • ellisstevensellisstevens Member Posts: 2
    I found an earlier post that answered my questions. Thanks.
    I emailed 6 local dealers via their "equote" button on web sites. Got 2 that gave good pricing (one within $750 of final price). After deciding to pull the trigger I wanted to get a quick look at CPO and ran into another dealer not originally contacted that provided the final $38,250 price which my local dealer eventually matched (after a little hard ball and perhaps some annoyance). Took a week to complete from original email to driving away. Was happy with the $39K price and was not planning on shopping that but sort of lucked into the lower bid while checking on CPO. FYI, CPO can't touch the deals on the 2012 model right now. Please remember that my deals all included loyalty credit.
  • masonjkmasonjk Member Posts: 8
    did the price of $38,250 include destination and processing charges, or was that additional $1,000?
    edited September 2012
    So, we finally decided to pull the trigger on 12 MDX base after much deliberation. Final price was $37,950 + ttl. Qualified for the 0.9% apr as well.

we did not qualify for any loyalty or conquest discounts. Pretty good experience except they tried the old trick with the misc. fees for which I got really mad at them.
  • artifyteamartifyteam Member Posts: 1
    Purchased MDX with Tech (at Acura of Columbus) last week for 41400 + tax + title +$300 doc fees
    $38,250 did include destination but not the doc fee of $299. it also included $1,000 loyalty rebate.
  • pastready2buypastready2buy Member Posts: 35
    Great price. I think I read you purchased from Ramsey. They quoted me exactly $1000 more than your final price.

Who was the other dealer who initially gave you the the lower price while looking for the CPO?

Thanks.
    A few incentives had a 9/4 expiration date (although it seems a few dealers continue to honor them). Anyone know what the September incentive package looks like - financing, flex cash, dealer cash, loyalty/conquest, volume incentives, etc?

A number of dealers still have fairly high inventory of 2012 MDXs - some with >100 on the lot - I'd assume they would need help clearing them out as the 2013s are arriving soon...
    Both Ramsey and Denville were at the same price. My deal included $1000 for loyalty, did you qualify for that?
    I qualified for the $1000 and Denville was about $250 cheaper than Ramsey out of the gate.

Note these were their first offers w/o any negotiation on my part. Not sure if you had similar experiences.
  • bostongolferbostongolfer Member Posts: 5
    Incentives extended 2 months until end of October.
    .9 % extended.
  • bostongolferbostongolfer Member Posts: 5
    The guys at that dealership won't give me the same price and told me it is impossible to get a price like that... 1K more at the very least. Looks like you got a great deal! :)
  • dallascarbuyerdallascarbuyer Member Posts: 1
    I am in Dallas, Which dealership did you go.
  • mz2009mz2009 Member Posts: 10
    Hi rite237,

Can I know which dealer you purchased your MDX w/ Tech? Thanks!
  • rite237rite237 Member Posts: 5
    I purchased from McGrath Acura but I had similar offer from Arlington Acura as well.
  • jjjzzzjjjzzz Member Posts: 13
    Do you mind email me your offer? The lowest quote I have got so far is 40,500.
  • ashg2000ashg2000 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    Thanks to this forum, I was able to negotiate to $40,500 + Tax + Title for 2012 MDX Tech ($43,500 drive out). Is there any dealer which is offering lower price than this? Please email me the details. I plan to purchase this week.
  • vamdxownervamdxowner Member Posts: 2
    Bought one last week at Radley Acura in Falls Church VA. With Conquest cash paid $38,519+$395 document fee=$38,914. OTD was $40,290.

Ask for the internet sales manager, initials A.T. Very easy process. Negotiated thru email.
  • mdxbuyer7mdxbuyer7 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    For MDX 2012, 36 months lease

I got two offers
    From dealer:
    2100 down + 430*35 months (total $17150 for 3 years, for 10k miles per year)
    from a leasing company:
    1400 down + 449*35 months ( total $17150 for 3 years. for 12k miles per year)
    1400 down + 437*35 months ( total 16695. for 10k miles per year)

Is it the best offer? or people paying less than this?

Please let me know, I am a first time leaser, so little nervous
    Was that $40,290 + TT&L? I got a quote today from Radley at $40,280 +TT&L and they said conquest ended September 3.
  • vamdxownervamdxowner Member Posts: 2
    No it was $40,290 including TT&L. Since Conquest cash ended the equivalent price should be $39519 + 395 Doc fee + TTL so somewhere around $41,320 OTD.