Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jrs438jrs438 Member Posts: 1
    I got 39,250 + 199 doc fee + ttl at Ramsey for MDX w tech
  • nug100nug100 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone bought a 2012 MDX in Minnesota recently? If so, please mention the price you paid, trim and dealer name. thanks.
    Also, did anyone test drive both a 2012 and 2013 and choose a 2013 instead? Curious to know your feedback as well.
  • chatychaty Member Posts: 7
    I am also looking to purchase 2012 MDX with Tech Pkg in SoCal. Did you get any better price? If so, can you plz share the details?
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    2012 and 2013 are identical less a couple small trim changes and the NAV being locked out while vehicle in motion.
  • newcarbnewcarb Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    Kind of new here....We have only one dealer here in Charlotte who does not send a quote on the internet. Others are pretty far away around 200 miles away.
    What can I do to get a quote from him? It seems he already had 2013 models on his lot...even then MSRP for MDX with tech shows 47K+ on his site..Any suggestions here to negotiate...
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    Uhhh go down to the dealer and hammer out a deal. That's what I did...wasn't really planning to buy...just test drive. But they were within $500 of my target on their first offer so we worked it out and I drove it home. Old school...I know. Worst case you're out an hour or two of your life....at least you won't be stuck behind a computer!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Can you send it to the one in my profile?
  • jjjzzzjjjzzz Member Posts: 13
    I don't see it?
    Alrite. Looks like this forum doesn't allow me to share my mail id :-(
    Any other way you can send the details to me?
    I am not sure...since I can't share my email address here either.

I am getting close to finalize my deal, but it is not ideal comparing to what people are getting here. Maybe different states make a difference in the price as well.
    Hmm..Do you mind sharing your final deal details here then? Also the dealership name if possible. I am in SoCal (looking around LA and San Diego).
  • musthavemdxmusthavemdx Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am shopping around for 2012 mdx tech, Radley has offered to beat any price, is there any way you can provide more details?
  • pastready2buypastready2buy Member Posts: 35
    edited September 2012
    Radley is full of [you know what]. They offered to beat any price by $300. I presented a price in writing and they wouldn't even match it.

They also said their dealer fee was required by VA law (in writing, ironically). This is bs - a "fee" is simply allowed by VA law. Big difference.

Personally, I'm letting them keep their excessive 2012 inventory and everyone else should too. Unless you make them take a bath on the car. In that case go ahead.
  • ashg2000ashg2000 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    Received the delivery of MDX+Tech yesterday. Final closing price was 39,998+ tax + tag + fees. Closing $43,000.
    Thanks to this forum I was able to find the ongoing rebates and prices which helped me negotiate the price for the MDX. Did not receive the loyalty $1000 discount as the campaign is over.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    The dealer is, in fact, not required by any law. However, a dealer not showing it in the deal for all buyers runs the risk of being sued for discrimination. As we all know, regardless of what the dealer F&I people will attempt to argue, the dealer fee is simply part of the selling price of the car. In essence, dealer profit. Smart buyers simply reduce their offer to account for this dealer profit scheme. It is surprising so many posters on Edmunds seem to accept the dealer fee as legitimate.

Radley is like any other dealer. They give nothing for nothing. They are, of course, looking for the most profit they can get from any buyer. I have purchased two Acura's in the past two years. In both cases, I found a better deal in Maryland.
  • pastready2buypastready2buy Member Posts: 35
    I agree and always ask for an out the door price. I could care less about dealer fee, doc fee, bagels in the breakroom fee, etc. - they can call it whatever they want as long as the OTD price is agreeable.

I don't, however, agree Radley is like most dealers. Sure, everyone is looking to maximize profit. But Radley puts it in writing they will beat any deal by a certain amount. Radley puts it in writing that dealer fees are required by law. I haven't encountered others who blatantly lie to potential customers like this.

Just my experience.
  • 2012newmdx2012newmdx Member Posts: 7
    Would you mind sharing the dealership details/Salesman details. thats a wonderful price at this time.

thanks
  • paggypaggy Member Posts: 3
    Finally pulled the trigger and got the 2012 MDX with tech pkg for $38827+dest+ title+EVT+doc+tax. Out of the door was approx $43127. I did not qualify for any loyalty or military or any other discount other than 3000 dealer cash.
  • ashg2000ashg2000 Member Posts: 4
    Jackson Acura, Roswell, GA. Ask for Reggie, $43,000 out of door / drive away for MDX + Tech.
  • ownnycownnyc Member Posts: 1
    Good deal.
    Pulled the trigger over the weekend. $39500+Doc fee $80+ TTL. $43K out of the door in Southern CA.
    Can you plz share the dealer details? The lowest quote i have received is $40,500 +TTL.
  • vj_seattlevj_seattle Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market for MDX + tech/ent package for 2012 model. What is the best price others have paid for this recently. I want to make up my mind and complete purchase asap.
  • newcarbnewcarb Member Posts: 2
    I got offer of 40200+ TTL making it 42000 OTD on MDX with tech pkg in North Carolina. Pls let me if its a good deal to go ahead with?
  • mdxhappymdxhappy Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up a 2012 MDX with Tech package for $38190 (which includes destination) + TTL in the Bay Area in California. We also bought some accessories and the 8yr. / 120k extended warranty, which is why I think we were able to get the price so low. Was able to get 0.9% financing. :)
  • mdxowner_summdxowner_sum Member Posts: 2
    How much extra did u pay for extended warranty
  • fuji3fuji3 Member Posts: 3
    hi mdxhappy

thanks for sharing the great info and I feel you got a very good deal.
    I am in bayarea as well and do you mind to share the dealer info with us?

thanks in advanced
  • home8home8 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info...Could you please tell us the dealership name? would really appreciate your response....
  • home8home8 Member Posts: 2
    could you please share the dealer with us?
  • remmibremmib Member Posts: 32
    Could you share the dealer's name where you got $38100? I got a quote from Fremont Acura
    $39877 for 2012 MDX+tech
    We would rather not share the dealer name, but will offer the following:

* MSRP of the vehicle was $47,600
    * We purchased an 8 year / 120K extended warranty at full price
    * Black rails, towing package, and cargo cover at full price
    * Out the door price was $47,450, with 0.9% financing

Also, a second dealership offered to match, but not beat, this same deal!

At the end of the day, it's the OTD price that matters. If you're getting $1000 off the warranty, you're probably paying $1000 more for the car. When they write up the purchase contracts, our experience is that they always itemize the accessories and warranty at full price, and then discount the car to what they need to satisfy the agreed to OTD price. We suspect this is because they do not have control over pricing from the service department or Warranty program, as those are different P&Ls.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Without more specification, it looks like a good deal, for the dealer. Full price for an extended warranty?
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Since it is a 2012, would a dealer categorize this deal as a "home run"?
  • budcat1budcat1 Member Posts: 5
    Deal from a week ago-
    26,700 price plus tax, tag.
    $1300 in accessories and service installed at no charge.
    If you assume dealer cost on the accessories is $500, my deal was low $26k or if I had to by the accessories and service my net cost is 25,400 plus tax, tag.
  • pjrjpjrj Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    The best price I have been quoted around Boston is:

1. 2012 MDX w/tech - $41000 (Incl destination) + $299 (Doc fee) +TTL
    2. 2012 MDX w/tech & Entertainment- $43000 (Incl destination) + $299 (Doc fee) +TTL

How can I better these prices? Anybody got anything better in the Boston/ NE area?.
    You have to look at the OTD price, this is what matters at the end of the day.

From negotiating on this round, and purchases in the past, our experience is that whenever they say they're giving you a discount on the warranty or accessories, what they do in practice is reduce the purchase price of the car, and keep the full price of the warranty and accessories on the purchase contract.

As mentioned, we suspect this is because the service and corporate warranty departments are different Profit/Loss centers for the business, and they do not have flexibility on pricing.
  • amsenamsen Member Posts: 36
    Absolutely.
  • bigburg1bigburg1 Member Posts: 1
    Really close to pulling the trigger on this, but wanted to ask the community if it's a good deal.

2011 MDX Tech/Ent Package and running boards
    Certified
    25,500 miles

Negotiated down to $37,500 + Taxes/Fees

Good Deal? Should I pull the trigger?
    I've already walked once on the deal, so pretty sure this is there lowest price.

Thanks for the help!
  • buyabuya Member Posts: 74
    edited September 2012
    So what's the OTD price you paid for your 2012 MDX base? What are the accessories you paid $1300 for and installed at no charge? OK, I see. You actually could have paid $25,400 plus tax and tag (whatever that is), and that $26,700 was including accessories but excluding tax and tag. Right? What the OTD? Location? Is it a used? How many miles read? Thanks.
  • budcat1budcat1 Member Posts: 5
    40 miles on the odometer. Tow package quoted at 1k plus maint/oil changes. Did the entire deal on the phone and text. So OTD. Was 26,700 including dealer fee so added tag and tax. Under 40k all in. Shopped it hard....think it was decent deal as I don't get off the George Washingtons very ez. Have a lot of Honda/Acura product and only have dealt w tire batteries and reg maint!
  • kranthiykranthiy Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am planning to buy a 2012 MDX with Advance Entertainment packages. The best quote I got is for $46,100. It does not include the DH and TTL. This deal is from a chicago suburb dealer. Is it a good deal. It will be my first Acura and am new to this forum. Thank you for helping out.
    Looks like a pretty good price. Pulled the trigger for 42.5 plus tax for an mdx tech with entertainment but was quoted your same price for the tech pkg in the atl area
  • vj_seattlevj_seattle Member Posts: 4
    2012newmdx, can you tell me which area you got 42.5 + ttl?
    Thanks for this forum. I purchased the vehicle yesterday for $39,500 + TTL. I bought 8yr/100K warranty also from the same dealer for $2100. Dealer admitted that this is $300 more than the actual price they get from Acura ($300 is their commission).
  • fomentarfomentar Member Posts: 49
    I am researching MDX Advance. I have been reading this forum for information and it has been helpful. I am in the New England area and would welcome some information on Advance prices in this area.

Also wondering what general experience there is in accessory pricing, list price vs. actual. It is challenging to discern what the various accessories add to the prices in this forum due the variability of descriptions. I am looking at roof rack pkg, towing pkg, running boards, protection pkg and list price of accessories quickly adds up. Is the relative percentage of Edmunds TMV to MSRP a decent way to target a price range?

Thanks in advance.
  • skdesmondskdesmond Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a Palladium/Ebony base-model last weekend for 38.1 OTD. Included tri-fold cargo tray and color matched body side molding.
  • riloh05riloh05 Member Posts: 15
    What are the October incentive for a 2012? Money Factor, residual? Thanks.
    edvoyles Acura in Atlanta
  • rbhatiarbhatia Member Posts: 1
    Paid $39,915 OTD with a few dealer installed accessories. Sound like a good deal?