Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• robjamellrobjamell Member Posts: 35
    I see multiple people saying they got a 2013 base for $36k. Can you tell me where you purchased? Thanks
  • njrajanjraja Member Posts: 14
    Nader at Radley Acura, VA.
  • njrajanjraja Member Posts: 14
    Radley Acura, VA. It was January Month End Deal. Not sure is it still available. You can check with Nader at Radley Acura.
  • 3rowsuv3rowsuv Member Posts: 12
    Doubt you will get $37k. If you can ask for 2, I am in for 1.

Lowest I have seen Tech is 38k plus fees and tax
  • daptekdaptek Member Posts: 141
    edited February 2013
    These guys still have 20 MDX 2012 on their two dealers lots so I think they wanna move them sooner rather than later.
    Can you share who did you dealt with?
  • iyervikas81iyervikas81 Member Posts: 15
    Hey Guys, the lowest OTD offer I have for '13 MDX Tech + Ent package is $43000 which includes all taxes, fees, doc fees, TTL and state registration. Dealer is also throwing in all season weather mats, Cargo Tray and cargo organizer free of cost. Dealership in Raleigh Durham area. Is this a good deal or Is it still possible to knock off around $500 more.
  • prodogsprodogs Member Posts: 28
    43 OTD. That sounds like a fantastic price for this area - would you mind sending me the Dealership Name once you get everything straight - i am in Charlotte but willing to go to Raleigh.
    Sorry was talking about 2013 Tech.
  • bxnguyenbxnguyen Member Posts: 11
    Can you share the name of the dealership and saleman as well because if 43K OTD I would consider purchasing it.

I have been looking for used/pre-own 2011 Tech or Advance pkg and lowest is 37-38k. Additional 5K would get the 2013 if the deal is available.
    Me too... Where is it?
  • dubyabeedubyabee Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    I have two offers. One at $40,688 + TTL and another at $40,588 + TTL. Has anyone done/seen better? 2014 models look great but not going to wait a year before I can get discounts.
    39650 + ttl (2013 tech)

Pohanka and Radley (Virginia)
  • san_jose_95148san_jose_95148 Member Posts: 1
    I also feel that $43k (including all taxes, fees and registration) for 2013 MDX with Tech + Ent packages is a very good deal. Do you guys think that I can get similar deal in San Francisco Bay area? Thanks!
  • tony202tony202 Member Posts: 6
    Hi I got a quote of $42500 tech package out the door for virginia is it a good price ?
  • kcgalkcgal Member Posts: 1
    I have an offer from a kansas city dealer for a 2013 MDX with advance package, floor mats, cargo tray and lifetime oil changes. The are quoting me a price of 47,995 (originally offered me 50,600) plus admin fees of $199. They are also beating my carmax trade-in offer by $200.

There's another dealer where the customer service is, ahem, lacking. I have an offer from them for slightly more (but better on the trade-in) with a total difference of $400 btw them and dealer above (but we haven't negotiated yet with less desirable dealer, these are their prelim numbers).

I am pretty happy with the above deal, wondered if any of you thought I could do better or if there was benefit in dealing with the less desirable dealership - who offers the maintenance plan for $196 and has higher doc fees by $200. So they would have to come down on their price by $800 to meet the above deal. And by less desirable dealership, I mean the sales folks couldn't explain most of the features, less friendly, etc.

Thanks for any thoughts!
    "Hi I got a quote of $42500 tech package out the door for virginia is it a good price ? "tony202

Tony202 go to either pohanka or radley and offer $41k out the door (not a penny more) for a 13 tech. I guarantee, they will take it (after a bit of himming and hawing).
  • shaojiadushaojiadu Member Posts: 13
    Agree. If you need financing, I would suggest you wait for 0%.
  • owe_bigowe_big Member Posts: 1
    You also have to look at the price of options. Just bought a 2012 mdx advance for 45k, got all options for towing, chrome rack, side molding, mates, door steps for $1300

Love the toys, this SUV rocks in the curves.
    So I am in Orlando, FL and have been shopping around. Best offer for a 2012 MDX Tech Package has been $42,997 so far. Orange Park Acura is not budging.

Where can I get a better price?
    Please share dealership name and first name of the salesperson or any details on your finalized deal?
    I got the same deal with the dealership and this is what I am paying.

43K OTD for 2013 MDX + Tech, All season floor mats, Cargo Tray, Cargo Cover, Wheel Locks & Remote starter.

I think I got a pretty good deal but could get better as I am planning to add the sports running board and asking them for a discount.
    Dealership/ sales person name?
    Radley Acura in VA and ask for Robert
    can you tell us the final price with advance running board included?

are they giving any free services?
    edited February 2013
    2013 Tech OTD (VA).

$41k otd-Pohanka w/one free oil change
    $41k otd-Radley w/unlimited free oil changes (probably a scam), free tire rotations & free tire nitro
    $41.4k otd - Rosenthal (Gaithersburg, MD)

VA tagged
  • hkmhkm Member Posts: 20
    I am currently at NoVA.I am also based out of NV(Have proof of addresses in both states). I purchased my 2011 Accord SE at WI for 21.5 OTD with the help of some expert advice from Edmunds forum members.

I am currently very interested in the Acura MDX. I am pretty much happy with the options offered in the base version. I do not really have to buy an SUV immediately but will buy only if the price is fantastic and would have to sell the Honda which is in great condition with around 30k miles on it.The Accord is located in NV-no sales tax for pvt party purchases. I am hoping this makes it easier for me to sell the Accord there.

I cannot afford to have 2 cars.I would much appreciate expert advice/opionions from forum members.

Here are my questions

1) Is it worth waiting for the 2014 MDX? I hear that it is more economical on the fuel and has more 3rd row space. WIll we be able to get the same kind of prices we see now in the
    2)If its not worth waiting for the 2014's I would settle for the base MDX 2012(not sure if any are available anymore) or 2013. I like the entertainment and tech packages and would be willing to pay 2k more for the tech and 4k more for the tech+ent on top of the base.

What is this "fantastic" but gettable price I should be looking at? I was thinking more like 43K OTD for the ent_tech.

What is the best price I can get for the 2013 base? 39kOTD?

Appreciate your comments/feedback in this regard.
    Just purchased from Radley Acura. Includes NC tag and title.ask for lincoln.
    14 gets you more space (elongated look), 2wd option and a fuel saving set up like the pilot.

The 13 gets you nearly $10k off sticker.

From Pohanka (Chantilly, VA)- Va tagged/title, you can probably get:
    base- 38.8k otd
    tech-40.9 otd
    Just bought the 2013 acura mdx tech with advance running boards,all season matts,body side molding, and remote start OTD $42500. I hope it is good deal.Ask for Al.
    Was this in Virginia? Does it include TTL?
    Lincoln is the best salesman AFAIK in Radley. My friend and I bought the 2013 MDX with technology and Entertainment package for $42800 OTD yesterday and also got the All season weather mats, Cargo Tray and Cargo organizer free of cost. Lincoln spent extra time going over the vehicle with us and painstakingly explained each and every functions and panels in the car.

the dealership was not willing to give any more discounts to us on accessories like running boards, roof rack etc as they felt that they did not make much on our deal :) ..
    Radley Acura.. Lincoln Tucker was the sales person. Nice man!
    Just an update this is the final price with all accessories.

2013 + tech, cargo tray, cargo cover, wheels lock, all season floor mats, remote starter, sport running board for 43321 OTD. And will pickup the car on Friday.

Contemplating on getting body side molding if they can give it to me for cheap. Is it worth to get the body side molding?
  • hkmhkm Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for the inputs both of you . I definitely want 4wd. You think I can
    get tech plus ent lower after the 14s are out?

Will I be able to get this much money off the sticker price on the 14s
    towards the end of next year ?

Pohanka gave me an Internet quote of 44700 otd.

What works better- negotiating on the Internet price or walking straight
    into the dealership ?

Is it best if we negotiate for the extras like cargo tray, cargo cover, wheels lock, all season floor mats, remote starter, sport running board finally after fixing the price?
    yes it is in radely acura va
  • spnjspnj Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Could someone please (who has got 36k on base mdx'13) pm me copy of retail order in order to get a match in northern nj area?
  • webwatcherwebwatcher Member Posts: 9
    Hello there, I am in MD and can drive to Radley Acura, VA to get this MDX+Tech+Ent pack. Your price is excellent and fantastic! Could you email me your breakdown cost? like SUV price, TTL and doc fee? I may need to get a MD tag from the dealer. My email: johnzhang66@gmail.com. Thank you very much and I am excited in getting this Best of the Best SUV soon. The more research I have done, the more definitive I am to get this SUV. Sincerely, John
  • redbull10redbull10 Member Posts: 7
    Hi 3rowsuv,

Do you think they are going to offer 0% financing in near future ???
    I doubt !!
    Hi,

I am planning to buy a 2013 Acura MDX base or with tech or tech+entertainment package within this month.
    Would appreciate if anyone bought these vehicles in Denver area recently and how much they paid ?
    It will be great if you can tell me the OTD price for any of these models.

Thanks
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    If in Maryland you should contract Norris Acura and Rosenthal Acura. My experience is they may come close if not match the price from either Radley or Pohanka. Just mention you are considering going to Virginia but would prefer to buy in Maryland if the price is comparable. After all, what is there to loose?
  • webwatcherwebwatcher Member Posts: 9
    Hello Billy, I appreciate your reply. You are correct. I was in the Norris Acura last weekend and test drove the MDX Tech. I liked it. Because my original plan was there to drive new Pathfinder 2013 (in Norris Nissan) but really pushed off by its CVT transmission noise. Then I mentioned MDX and the salesman said they were the same dealership and brought me the MDX. I was impressed by the MDX but didn't go through the price with them. I thought it would be better to do research here and deal with them through internet. I will try them first to see if they are close or not. If yes, then I will give them my business (seems like the salesman and other staff are professional and no pressure at all). If you have any advise on these two dealerships regarding salesman and pricing, please advise. Again, I do appreciate your reply just now and all the future inputs. John
  • dm55dm55 Member Posts: 10
    Acura will start 0.9% financing on Feb. 13th. My dealer gave it to us this past weekend and is holding the contract to submit on the 13th.
    " redbull10 Feb 11, 2013 (9:56 am)
    Hi 3rowsuv,

Do you think they are going to offer 0% financing in near future ??? "

I don't know, I doubt it. Things would have to be pretty bad for them. I doubt they would sell many more mdx's at 0% vs 0.9%. If I was them, I wouldn't offer it.

The yen has dropped about 20% vs the dollar, so they have a lot of room now, so you never know.
  • liangwliangw Member Posts: 5
    Silly question: how can I get the email list of a dozen dealers for them to compete price? I can find list of dealers using ACURA official website, but no email is listed.

Do I need to call them one by one?
    Are you sure...Acura will start 0.9% financing deal from Feb 13th ? How reliable is that ?
  • dubyabeedubyabee Member Posts: 2
    I used CarWoo. Great way to bid them against eachother before you visit a dealership. Www.carwoo.com
  • dm55dm55 Member Posts: 10
    100% sure. They gave me the 0.9% on Saturday and said they would have to hold the contract until Wednesday as that was when the Acura finance promotion starts.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    I bought an Acura from Norris last year. I got pricing from both Radley and Pohanka and gave Norris an opportunity. Also, with a bit of negotating, Norris gave me KBB for my trade in vehicle, the average value of the clean and outstanding condition values. Dealt with DH, internet sales, who was easy to work with and he threw in a small perk to seal the deal.

Interestingly, Criswell Acura would not come close to the price I paid. This was a bit of a surprise as I have found Criswell Honda to be very competive in pricing.

I am thinking of replacing my wife's RDX with the MDX. I am waiting to see if the incentives pick up a bit as we get closer to the release of the 2014 MDX.
  • gavinsgavins Member Posts: 1
    Can someone share me the best price one got in MA? So far I got quotes of $42,700 for 2013 MDX with Tech and Entertainment package EXCLUDING documentation, registration and state taxes.