Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• corjaccorjac Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever take that offer? We are being offered the same thing now.
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Pohanka is like any other dealer in that they will do anything to get a customer into the showroom. For example:

Last week got an email notice from Pohanka for a 2013 MDX with Tech for $485 with a $0 down payment for a 36 month lease with 10K miles per year. Tucked away in the very small print, and difficult to find, was a separate payment of $895 for freight and $399 for the joy of having Pohanka handle the "documentation." The actual deal as $485 per month with $1,294 down at inception.

While the Pohanka email price was not false it was certainly deceptive.

Actually found a better deal at Rosenthal Acura in Maryland.
  • hkmhkm Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for the response.Any idea what would be a good price to pay for the remote starter, advance/sport running board and all season floor mats.
  • hkmhkm Member Posts: 20
    Hi 3rowsuv,

Pohanka gave me OTD quote of 43.5k for the Tech+Ent including $399 doc fee and $895 freight. I will definitely get the remote starter,running boards(sport or advance) and the all season mats if I make this purchase.

I do not really need the MDX real bad now and can wait till end of the year. I have decided not to go for the '14's. It's either the 2013 or nothing.

1) What is the lowest price I can finsih the deal for tech+ent with running board, all season mat and remote starter with Pohanka or Radley for? I am willing to walk straight out of the dealership if I don't get a really good deal. From what I can gather you totally seem to know about the pricing in this area.So I would probably work with the figure you give me.

2) Would there be a difference of atleast $2000-$3000 in the price minus TTL between dc area dealers and the rest of the country.

3) How much lower than now do you think I can get the MDX for if I wait until end of the year.
  • miles14miles14 Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted 53 k OTD @7.75% tax rate for adv+ent. No accessories. Is this a good price or can I negotiate further??
  • sam271sam271 Member Posts: 6
    Contact Larry pinto at rosenthal Acura in MD. They will beat it
  • mdxbuyer6mdxbuyer6 Member Posts: 3
    Is this a good offer? MDX Tech + Ent for 45,500K OTD including wheel locks, splash guard, trunk tray, free 3 yr 36K maintenance (oil change etc.) I have seen other prices on this forum for less but not sure what was included.
  • buyer2013_atlbuyer2013_atl Member Posts: 4
    Please help me finding a dealerhip who can beat $46250 OTD offer for MDX tech + ent. package with 36 months Maintenance package. Let me know ASAP as I am running out of time need to decide within next 24-36 hours. I am in GA.
    Thanks.
    what's your color choice?
    I would love to get a Grey/silver with black interior.
    Which part of town do you live in? I am looking to buy an MDX asap. Perhaps we can exchange our price quotes or team up to get a good deal?
    I live in north suburb of Atlanta, GA. Please let me know ASAP.
  • jbaum86jbaum86 Member Posts: 15
    I'm looking for an MDX advanced. Any advice if $47,330 before TTL is a good deal?

I really like the idea of adaptive cruise control, but would welcome any advice if it is not worth getting the advance over the tech package.
  • zzz2006zzz2006 Member Posts: 25
    edited February 2013
    I remember last year around November, that was the quote I got for the advanced with entertainment package.

For base advanced package, I remember I saw $45000ish last year.

The current quote I got for a advanced package was $47000, which includes $2000ish add-ons.

I am still waiting for the price to drop more.
    I heard the 2014 MDX will be on display at the NY Auto show at the end of March, I hope that might help.
    One dealer told me the 2014 MDX will be out in May. Not sure about that info though.
  • stantheman5stantheman5 Member Posts: 1
    Do you have a first name of the salesman at Jay Wolfe in KC? I'd like to pick one up today or tomorrow.
  • viperz4viperz4 Member Posts: 21
    Jim Mattson. Tell him I sent you, ;)

Aamir.
  • bradfordrb1bradfordrb1 Member Posts: 5
    Any guess on dealer cash changes on Mar 4 when the current offer expires? Also, any insight on how much longer the 2013s will be produced would be appreciated. Trying to gauge when the color combinations will get limited.
  • dm55dm55 Member Posts: 10
    I would guess that the 2013 production has already ended as the 2014 models will be hitting the lots in 2-3 months. if your looking for an Advanced in a specific color, I wouldn't wait too long.
    Yep, dealers don't take 2013 MDX orders anymore.

As far as for advanced package, last year, I was able to find the color combination I want in Nov. 2012. Advanced with entertainment was limited somehow, but not advanced package.
    edited February 2013
    I've been getting quotes in the 40.7-40.9 range for TECH package in the Houston area, including destination (895) + doc fees of $150.

Any suggestions to get to that 40.0 target?
  • cutiejbaloocutiejbaloo Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership is this at? Did they quote you a OTD price?
    All three dealers are within $500 and I expect them to match when it gets down to it. I don't have an OTD worked out yet as I'm out of state. Not too many additional fees from what I can gather though.
  • daptekdaptek Member Posts: 141
    TTL included?
    Just destination included
  • liangwliangw Member Posts: 5
    I have just bought a 2013 MDX Base Model from Radley Acura yesterday. Sam did my deal. The price was solid and I ended up driving from Philadelphia to make the purchase.

Great experience ~ Radley Acura is quite large and seems to be a volume dealer ~
    Question for Laing. What u paid for at RADLEY
    Including destination charge, the price is significantly less than $37,800 -- which is the best price PA/NJ dealership offer.
    Pohanka had advertised 36,600 + 895 destination charge. They agreed to sell at 36,600 including destination charge. Is this a great price
    Your price is very very good! Still, it doesn't hurt for you to call Radley.

I just got great service from Sam and was very happy ~
  • columbusmancolumbusman Member Posts: 1
    All,
    I am in the market for a new 2013 mdx + tech. The cheapest quote i have gotten (out of state) is 39k before dest, handling n tax coming to about 43k otd.
    Am not sure if this is the best deal or if it would pay to wait till the end of march or april for the prices to go down esp since the 2014 model (gen 3) is nearer to the market.
    Any perspective on this would be really really helpful.
    Regards,
  • techortreattechortreat Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I am looking for a new MDX with tech package in the Seattle area. What is a great price that people have got in the recent couple of months? Any suggestions on how to go about it and best deals including finance that I can get?

Thanks
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Both Radly and Pohanka Acura in Virginia often have good deals on some Acura vehicles. However, these two Virginia dealers do have a $399 documentation profit scheme. Having purchased three Acrua vehicles in the past two years, I find two Acura dealers in Maryland, Rosenthal and Norris Acura, offer the same pricing but only have $199 documentation profit scheme.
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    Two years ago, I purchased a new RDX. I shopped multiple Acura dealers in Maryland and Virginia. Radley and Pohanka in Virginia quoted about the same price for the RDX. I went to Rosenthal and Rosenthal beat the Radley and Pohanka price. I called Pohanka and was told no Acura dealer could sell the RDX for Rosenthal's price and Pohanks suggested I should buy from Rosenthal, which I did.

While Radley and Pohanka make the most noise, it seems they do not always offer the best deal.

And yes, dealers in Virginia do charge $399 for their help with documentation while dealers in Maryland only charge $199 for that assistance.
  • shaojiadushaojiadu Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2013
    I got $362xx including destination fee from Pohanka for a base MDX before $399 documentation fee, with 0% for 60 months, plus MD tag, tax and title.
    I don't think Norris West can beat that price.
  • daptekdaptek Member Posts: 141
    Do we know if the incentives have changed such as dealer cash etc?
  • doctom2doctom2 Member Posts: 4
    How did you get 0% financing?
  • shaojiadushaojiadu Member Posts: 13
    They run 0% APR from time to time. I think they buy down 0.9% APR to 0%.
  • sushi4sushi4 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

We're in TX and we want to know if 39.9 K is a good price for a used MDX w/tech package for <10K miles. We are comparing this to a 2011 MDX w/tech for 17K miles at 36K.

Of course the 2012 is more as its newer, less miles, but at what price would the 2011 need to go down to in order for the 2011 to beat out the 2012? My understand is that the model hasn't changed that much.

So 2012 @ 39K or the 2011 at ?

Thank you MDX'ers! (Hope to be one soon).
    I would bet you can get a new one for around $39k. Don't know tx market too well.
    Looks like 1.9% is the best deal now.
  • sbornosborno Member Posts: 9
    Anybody know when we'll see'm in the dealerships??
    Also, wondering if a pano roof will be available??
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    End of May, early June is the launch date as of now. You will see them quickly.

No panoramic roof. FWD models now available, SH-AWD still available, new direct injected V6, better mileage, new electronics a lot like the RLX and the RLX's dash, and more space/functionality in the rear.
  • qu2ttr0qu2ttr0 Member Posts: 2
    Y not 2103 for a few more thousands? Paid mine 43300 drive out w tech pkg. I first asked them 42500. Guess should have stayed w that & walked out but was tired of looking.
    Still looking for a deal on 2013 advanced package.

Got an offer from Chicago area, $45800 plus tax and title. I remember last year's price was around $45000.

Still want to wait a little bit....
  • batpadbatpad Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase either a 2012 or 2013 MDX w/ Tech Package from a Chicago or Michigan dealer. Aiming for sub 40k before Taxes. Possible? Kind of new to researching MDX's.

Also, any financing deals available? Reading things of people getting 0.9% but i am not seeing that anywhere myself. This would be great for me if I get it. Thanks!
  • levywillevywil Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Looking for what a good price on a 2010/2011 CPO MDX Base would be...Thinking 28.5k for the 2010 and 30k for the 2011. I am in Northern NJ. Buying Immediately!

Thanks.
    Call rosenthal and ask for Larry pinto. New base should be around 36600 or 37000
  • yardcrewyardcrew Member Posts: 8
    Trading from a 10 yr old Volvo XC90 so my nego skills are rusty. Looking to purchase burgundy MDX with Advance pkg. Norris in MD has a couple; 5 hr drive for me but maybe worth it? Have no idea what would be a good price for that area? Local dealer is offering $48500 but a color combo I don't like. Also, dumb question: if you are dealing long distance, do you just show up? Or call first and try to negotiate on phone? Not sure of strategy. Any advice welcome. Many thx.