Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Ask for a quote from the dealer's website and proceed from there. If another dealer has the car you want, do it there, and discuss by email and phone with them. It's a very simple process people over complicate based on things they see here and elsewhere. Norris will give you a price minus destination charge, so always be sure to add $895 back to it.

If you are not up for the trip, get a few quotes and work with your local dealer to get the same pricing and have them locate/dealer trade for the MDX you want.

Never just show up. Email and call beforehand, and set a time. More orderly, easier, and well planned out for you.
  • yardcrewyardcrew Member Posts: 8
    Thank you. Good advice. I'm up for the trip if it will save me money. My local dealer, unfortunately, doesn't have a good reputation for bargaining.
  • bakubakubakubaku Member Posts: 2
    Hello, would you mind recommend your dealer to me? I'm looking for a MDX and I think you got a pretty good price, although it's been a long time ago. Thanks.
  • bakubakubakubaku Member Posts: 2
    Hello, could you please provide me the name of your sales? I'm looking for a MDX too. Thanks.
  • eadharaeadhara Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy MDX base this weekend, Looks like you got best deal. I like around pohanka acura, can please provide me details of ur sales agent and refer ur sale.
  • sam271sam271 Member Posts: 6
    Rosenthal Acura -Larry pinto. Maryland
  • shaojiadushaojiadu Member Posts: 13
    Try Darly Joseph at Pohanka. My price was $39.2K OTD (for MD tag, tax). 0% APR for 60 months for 30K loan.
    They run 0% from time to time, but it is not available all the time.
  • shaojiadushaojiadu Member Posts: 13
    If you would like to try Rosenthal Acura, try Kenneth Zhang.
  • jbaum86jbaum86 Member Posts: 15
    That was for an advanced?

That is an amazing price.
  • allen68allen68 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I found the information in this forum is very useful. I am curiou if you guys know dealers around Minnesota, Iowa or Wisscosin area. I receive the quote from the dealers in twin city is very high compared to the quote posted in this forum. Thank you.
  • pinkitehpinkiteh Member Posts: 14
    Also any suggestions in MA? Thanks and you guys are awesome!
  • coolpalcoolpal Member Posts: 4
    we are looking for either a certified 2010+ or new 2013 mdx with tech in atlanta area. The dealer we went to test drive said he can sell new mdx for 41,500 + 599 doc fee + TTL. I didn't push him hard for that, so I think they can probably do better.

If you bought your's already, or if anyone has experience in this area, can you please help me with what would be a good price to negotiate now?
  • buyer2013_atlbuyer2013_atl Member Posts: 4
    I live in north suburb of Atlanta and bought brand new 2013 MDX (entertainment + tech) 4 weeks ago. I paid $46500 (with maintenance free package + cargo tray + wheel locks + tags + tax + Title). Hope this gives you idea. I can give sales person and dealership detail in pvt email.
    Thanks.
  • hondasonly835hondasonly835 Member Posts: 3
    A volume dealer can beat that. I had offers in the $40's for tech in Chicago but ended up paying a little more to support the dealership in my area. Just signed a lease for $614/month for 36 months with 10k miles/year on a 2013 tech. Nothing down, no first month payment, sport running boards, all weather mats, free maintenance at 6,000 miles. Had them as low as as $586 but didn't want to pay first month payment. Could have been cheaper without the boards. Btw the Residual is $25k. Hope this helps.
    thanks for the response.
    can you please share the sales person/dealer. you can email me at dealpalATgmailDOTcom
  • 2012newmdx2012newmdx Member Posts: 7
    Try edvoyles Acura. The manager Tom is pretty good. Talk to him directly or thru Mike Escarough the Internet sales person. They usually are nice to deal with and honest when compared to my few other bad experiences with other dealers.
  • 2013mdxowner2013mdxowner Member Posts: 5
    I bought 2013 MDX tech packgae with blind spot indicator, cargo cover,cargo net and all season floor mats today with OTD price of 42,500. I live in Virgina and the dealer is Pohanka.
    Took 4 years maintenance package for 1100. Please let me know if this is close to a good deal.
    I took the finance from the dealer for 2.9%.
  • bliss5bliss5 Member Posts: 3
    I bought 2013 MDX AWD TECH (including all weather mats) from Mullers Acura in Hoffman Estates, IL (Chicago) for $40,881 excluding tags and title but includes destination and document charges. The salesman was Seth and honest and straightforward. Financed at 2.4%.
  • dm55dm55 Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2013
    We purchased our 2013 MDX with Technology (Dark Cherry) from McGrath Acura in Westmont a few weeks ago. After going to the Chicago auto show and seeing the 2014 MDX, we decided the 2013 model was a better value. The price we received was $40.3k including destination but excluding TTL. The dealer threw in all weather mats, wheel locks and remote start. We also got the 0.9% financing for 60 months. Now is a good time to jump on the last remaining 2013 MDXs. Color and model selection may start to become limited in the next few weeks.
  • daptekdaptek Member Posts: 141
    Anyone has purchased in FL or GA?
    The best I could get so far is 44,500 including everything on a new mdx with tech in the color combination we liked. This doesn't include any dealer extras. Leaning towards buying it, primarily because the color combo is not available with others in ATL area.
    Is this OTD? TTL included?
    yes.
    Is that a good price?
    Almost the same price I am able to get. Dealer fees in FL are steep though.. close to $700.
  • hkmhkm Member Posts: 20
    Was it 42500 including the $1100 maintenance pkg?

I was under the impression that you had to get advanced pkg to get the blind spot monitoring. Can you please let us know how much it costed you to add the BSM?
  • carfuncarfun Member Posts: 6
    How much over invoice do you think I should be able to get a 2014 MDX for when they come out? I'd be open to ordering the package and color we are looking for.

Thanks!
    No, 1100 was additional to 42,500. Blind spot indicator was added by a third party through Acura dealership. They quoted $900 for the BSI, but it is hard to tell how much they actually charged for it as I negotiated my final OTD price including BSI, cargo cover,cargo net and all season floor mats. I bought the vehicle at Pohanka Acura. I think I got a good deal :)
    Absolutely. Sounds like a very good price to me.Probably very close to the best deal. Was it with 0% financing?
    Is there that much of a price difference? or the not much change in the new generation?
    I got 2.9% with zero down payment
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    2014 is all new....my guess is they'll be $7k+ higher when they hit the street.
  • asp_mdxownerasp_mdxowner Member Posts: 15
    I am also in similar boat. Contemplating whether to buy 2013 at very good price. My understanding is that 2014 will be expensive and there won't be discounts. is that correct ?

Also, since for 2014 mileage is now 28 (hwy), will 2013 MDX will its value after 3 years ? what do you think guys ?
    I think 28mpg is a pipe-dream. I fell for that before on an Odyssey that never came close to the EPA numbers and I generally hit EPA on all my vehicles. Current 2012 MDX will do 22-23 on long highway and lifetime has averaged 18.5mpg. The multi-displacement engines do a great job of saving fuel...during the EPA test. My guess is real world it will do 24-25 max on the hwy with an AWD.
    Thank you sebring95. I am kind of leaned to get 2013 ( while I can ). One dealer mentioned that 2014 will be on display at dealership on 04/15.

I like 2013 shape compared to 2014. what other features 2013 (base) will be missing compared to 2014. Any idea.

Also, how much value 2013 will hold (provided car is kept in good condition) with low miles (around 21K) after 3 years.
    edited April 2013
    I'm kind of betting on a resale bump on the current gen once the '14 models hit. The discounts will be gone on the new ones for sure and most likely there will be a base price bump. So in a few months let's say a '14 Tech AWD model will run you $48k. Those of us that bought '12/'13 models for $40-$41k should be in a good position for a number of years. Very hard to predict 3 year value...but I would think $30k-33k trade for a '13 tech in a few years. If you can own a vehicle of this price for 3 years and only lose $10k that's a win. I lost more than that on the 2011 Toyota Sienna Ltd we traded on the MDX. It had an original sticker price almost as high as the MDX.

I'm not seeing anyting on the '14 that would sway me between the two. I also prefer the styling of the '13 and the higher stance. The mpg would be ok assuming no loss of performance, but it's not a big enough bump to cover the cost difference.
    From what I have seen in a set of Acura marketing photos my dealer sent me, most of the woodgrain is missing and the interior looks a little less opulent. Local dealer says there will probably be a "wood package" available. (?) Upside is the split console is gone.
    In trolling for a parchment/Advance combo, I have seen a few 2012 MDXs still listed as new inventory. Usually they are priced $500 or $1000 less than a comparable 2013. Can this be right? And does anyone have an idea of how negotiable the price might be on such a vehicle? My understanding is that there is no difference at all between 2012 and 2013. Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.
    There was some discussion on another forum about '12 models being listed on sites...but when they called they were usually demo's with 3k-4k miles. I believe Acura is still offering some dealer money on the '12...but only $500 more than the '13. I'd rather have the '13 unless the savings is considerable, but there are no differences between '12 and '13 models.
    I like the height factor on the 13's but I doubt if the difference between a new 2013 and 2014 would be $7k like one of the posters suggested.I think it would be more around $4K.

Everyone - Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

If we go for the 2013's would it be smarter to wait until the 2014 start getting sold? or would now be a better time.

Also, did anyone notice a drop in price over the last couple of months in the NoVa area?
    I'm the one that estimated the $7k difference which is basically the discount you're seeing on 2013's. I have to assume the '14 will be priced a little higher and doubtful there will be much discount offered at least for awhile. Very doubtful the discounts on the new gen will even be close to the current level for many years.

Honda/Acura is pretty good at inventory control when new models show up. Production of the '13 will likely be ending soon (if not already) and inventory will start shrinking from there. My bet is that if you wait for the '14 to arrive your choices will be very very slim for a '13.
    This will likely depend on the region as well... I see a boat load of new 2012s still on the dealer lots.
  • jizhangjizhang Member Posts: 5
    The 2014 MDX LED front head lights will look very very different from the 2013 models. It is very easy for people to tell 2014 model or previous models.
    Real world or online? Someone mentioned trying to track down a '12 model after seeing them online, but found most were just incorrect listings or demo units. Also, it looks like (but haven't confirmed) that Acura may have pulled the cash incentive for '12 models. That would be a bum deal (but not unheard of) for dealers still hanging on to them.
    Real world at least in FL.
  • captmorgan11captmorgan11 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone received prices around LI/NYC for a Tech lately? It just seems like they are asking for a lot. They are all giving me 42 and change plus destination plus TTL. They were pricing '12's around September for about 39,40 including destination and now I can't get prices anywhere close to that. Any dealers in NJ with better deals? Thanks
    Received email from Radley. The advertised price for a "Premium" MDX (which is negotiable) seems to have fallen quite a bit and is 35995 now.

If this is real I am definitely going for the 2013 model.
    What is 'Premium'? I thought there are only 'Technology' and 'Advance' packages.
    I was also wondering what is premium.
    Need one more help from you guys, what is most selling color combo ( I am also looking at it from resale stand point)

Thanks in advance.
    Not sure i've ever seen it published for certain models....but overall Dupont claims 2011 most popular colors were White, Black, Silver, Gray in that order. White by a wide margin actually.