Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• civic2000civic2000 Member Posts: 7
    We are in same boat!!. I am looking for cheaper options to install the same as well. Dealer prices are expensive. I see BJ's wholesale club is offering 10% discount on parts/accessories for members, havent explored it.

Will post it here, if I find sth. Please do the same, if you come across.
  • omalamiomalami Member Posts: 4
    was leasing a 2010 MDX with Tech package for $648 a month with 0 down.
    Acura offered me to lease a 2014 MDX with SH-AWD and tech for the same price. They said that dropping the Teck package will lower the monthly payment to $578
  • iamsaifiamsaif Member Posts: 6
    Can you please share dealer name in Detroit area you bught?? I am also looking same package in Detroit area.
  • kiakidkiakid Member Posts: 3
    Suburban Acura in Novi has the best deal of all. I've tried Acura of Troy & Ann Arbor, but they screamed prices above $50,000 for an AWD+Tech.
  • njm7njm7 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Hello Civic2000,
    Thanks for your detailed pricing (OTD $50250 for your 2014 SH-AWD MDX w/ Tech package). I want to get the exact same car (SH-AWD with Tech Package). Can you please share which NJ dealer you bought it from? Any particular sales person? Also, if you financed it, what rate did you get from the dealer? Thank you so much.
    -NJM7
  • pzzdogpzzdog Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    what is the Tires brand with 2014 mdx awd with tech?(i knew nyc come with michelin tire and i was chat with the CS from nj they said is Continentals )
    does the mdx come with spare tire?
    what should come with the new mdx?
    thanks
    Hello NJM7 - As per the terms it says I shouldn't . Do you mind if email it to you? It is in central jersey!!!

I have continental tires. I think crosstour or sth like that. SAme dealer lot diff colors had diff tires, some Michelin some continental.
    edited September 2013
    just signed a deal today $47200 including ppc2 $356 cargo cover $289 doc fee $398( i know i can do better maybe 100 or 200 off ,but when i talked to the guys before he said no cargo cover ),the guys said will get the car on monday and want us to pay down then he can get the car from other dealer so i made 1500 down , the dealer also said will credit check on monday too , so hope not any bad coming to monday ,i mean interest rate up or no car.
  • s2kromas2kroma Member Posts: 9
    Then how about 10k miles or 12k miles a year lease on 2014 MDX base model??
    edited September 2013
    hi vikkuu and anyone
    i will get the car on monday(nj) i guess,this is my first new car so what must double check when i pick up the car on monday?please help(i dont really know about car)THANKS
    Congratulations pzzdog. Based on my shopping experience that sounds like reasonable price under current circumstances and hype.

Good luck and enjoy the new car.

I would think you should check with the dealer whether you can get nitrogen fill for tires, he told me that he is giving it for free and it will last for year(s). Not sure how far that is true or he really filled it.

On the day of taking out the car he offered 10YR/120K extended warranty for $2900. It started with 3600, I wasnt showing interest, he came to 2900. Just be prepared for that kind of power selling tactics as well.
    Just realized realized revealing dealer name is not restricted.

Springfield Acura.

I got 0.99% finance.

I suggest you try (with other dealers) to knock down the price to 46K before TTL, doc fee. May be hard/time consuming but worth trying.

Good luck.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Nitrogen inflation of your tires is just bogus nonsense.

http://www.cartalk.com/content/scam-detector-7
    hi civic2000
    would you telling me what to check when picking up a new car?this is my first new car so not really know what to do.thanks
    Hello pzzdog,

As this is new car I don't think of any risk items you should be looking for.

As I mentioned before be ready for power selling tactics like extended warranty, 1yr/3y maintenance at a fixed cost, GAP Insurance etc., They will hound you to get extra money. I am advising you either way but be prepared don't oscillate there. I didnt buy any.

Before buying I did make sure odo reading did want to take out few hundred miles on it.

Full tank of gas (as mentioned in sticker).

You have an option to choose from 1 yr vs 4 yr registration. Not a significant diff other $$$, upto you.

Sorry I don't think of anything else.

Good luck again.
    Congrats on your new car! You will want to bring someone with you because it can be a high anxiety time. Look over the car, look at the fit and finish, as was mentioned, check the odometer, check the VIN number to match what you ordered or made the deal on, you should be shown how everything operates by the salesperson. Don't fall for any add-ons! You made a deal and stick to it. If you want that extended warranty or paint sealant (nonsense) etc., you can wait a week or two till your heart rate comes back to normal. Good luck.
  • varusunvarusun Member Posts: 11
    Pzzdog,

I am not an expert on car buying..but found this checklist on consumer report on taking new car delivery..might be helpful..

http://www.consumerreports.org/content/news/wheeling/worksheets/pickup_car_inspe- ction_table.html

Good luck
  • mezmoriamezmoria Member Posts: 1
    We paid $46,293 for the 2014 AWD with Tech Package. It was end of month and the dealer was aggressive. We live in DFW area.

Thanks to all for sharing as this helped me to negotiate with the dealer.
    edited September 2013
    I got 2.9% finance from Springfield Acura ,first they said monday then no car until thursday ,,i know they charge 398 doc fee when i buy a car ,i was wondering any other fee when i finance from the dealer(interest fee and what fee ???),...thanks
    thank you very much
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Air is 78 percent nitrogen without any assistance from the dealer.
  • coolguy875coolguy875 Member Posts: 2
    HI Mezmoria!

Which dealer did u get a deal from? I am in the market for the same car. Is this an OTD price? (includes tax,ttl, destination etc)? Also did u finance through them? Is that why they offered u this price?

Thanks in advance,
    Andy
  • bxteachbxteach Member Posts: 16
    Deciding between a leftover '13 or a new '14 AWD with tech. I live near NYC and have inquired about pricing at the end of Sept. No one would go near invoice. Lowest I got was $47,500. Eventually I got to a dealer in upstate CT. They offered car for $47,023. I asked the dealer about advanced running boards, roof rails, and molding. Got him to do $48 flat. Fair deal???
    He would hold that end of month deal for me when I am ready. Looking to get deal done this month. Downside was a $399 doc fee.
    got my mdx awd with tech today ,final price they jack up $700 from $47200 to $47900 included doc n pp2 n cargo cover from Springfield Acura.

stupid me trust the salesman talked to me in the phone said i got 2.9 % then when i went to there the other finance guys said 3.9 % so total $1400 difference interest , i talked to them about paying more down but they said only way can do is pay $700 for lower interest from 3.9 to 2.9 so i think i dont want to come back because my old car broken so i took a bus to there need 2:30 hrs , ,so i agree to pay $700 then pick my car,when i check my car has dents on the bumper then they replace the new one (waiting 1:30 hrs)then after i left i found out Steering leather has tiny scrapes. they also telling me my FICO is 75X ,i also check my creditkmara they did 3 hard inquiries.bad experience, i guess its my bad because i didnt try to apply car loan from bank
  • omalamiomalami Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    leased a 2010 MDX with tech for $658 a month with 0 down, which in restrospect was a rip off. Returned it last week and got a 2014 MDX base AWD with roof rails, side molding a few little extra for $480 (that includes taxes and everything) and 0 down (I mean absolutely zero down). The dealer is in Minneapolis, MN
  • hondapilot08hondapilot08 Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2013
    That is one of the worst Acura dealerships in NJ, I say that from personal experience, when I was shopping for my new MDX, I told the manager that I had an offer $2000 lower than his 'best' price AND the other dealer was offering $1500 MORE for my Honda pilot at the time than him. He laughed in confusion and frustration, thinking I was bluffing, and dared me to go find that deal, and then come back to him with paperwork and he would give me free oil changes on my new MDX. He was also disrespectful and kept my drivers license and went to his office and took 30 minutes to return. What a tool. I will never advise anyone to go Sxx Acura. I'm glad I didn't buy my MDX there. Sorry to hear about your bad experience, hopefully it will help others to avoid these scammers.
    edited October 2013
    also when 9/27 almost 7 pm i talked to them in phone they said they got last one color black, but when i went at 9/28 12pm talked to the deal,everything good but when closing the deal then he said no color black in stock and he said if i want that deal i have to pay $1500 down then they will find the car for me on 10/1(so that why i paid $1500 down). one more thing they sent another salesman to show me the car after the deal ,i asked that guy how to voice command navigation then he told me just use my finger to input,he just want to leave.
  • vikkuuvikkuu Member Posts: 9
    Try Ramsey NJ, I got mine 2014 MDX AWD tech- 46500(including destination) +259(documentation)+Registration(state Fee)+Tax = OTD around 50500
  • irishys17irishys17 Member Posts: 30
    pzzdog...I'm so sorry you had that experience. Springfield Acura is BAD NEWS!
    A few years ago I was shopping for a TL and went to that dealership because it's close to where I live. They had advertised the car I wanted at a decent price and since I have an excellent credit rating I was prepared to negotiate down to a lower price. From the minute I walked in the door I felt the bait and switch. A) The salesman treated me like I was an idiot. B) They tried to sell me some BS about the AD not really being for the TL I was looking for (?). C) When I started playing hardball with the price of the car and we were within $10.00/month of what I wanted...they wouldn't budge. So we left...

We went up Rt. 22 to Bridgewater Acura and not only got the car for LESS than what I expected...the whole experience felt "clean". It was a seamless transaction...put down the money...drove home in the car that day...all numbers were exactly what we negotiated. I have since gotten 4 cars for our family at Bridgewater Acura.

Interestingly enough, when we got home with our new car, Springfield Acura called and asked if we wanted to come back and negotiate. I was very happy to tell them that I had just driven home in my new Acura TL...at a price LOWER than I had expected...and that they could lose my phone number.

I would NEVER recommend Springfield Acura to anyone.
    In future....trust your gut....When something doesn't "feel" right...LISTEN to that inner voice and walk away. You were taken advantage of and that is unfortunate...but you've learned a valuable lesson in car buying. The salesman is NOT out to help anyone but himself. It's a game and you have to know how the game works before you go in.
    i got my mdx yesterday form nj and i live in nyc,i found out i dont have any inspection sticker ,what do i do ?tried to called the dealer but they closed today
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Your vehicle purchased from New Jersey will not have any stickers on it, and also not any for New York. Your dealer should have provided you information on what to expect regarding registration, tags and inspection. Did you pay for NY tags, etc?

Most likely you will receive tags/registration in the mail unless the dealer did not charge you for them, then just need a NY inspection yourself. Very easy, and always the case when purchased out of state.
    edited October 2013
    yes i guess, thank you very much
  • s2kromas2kroma Member Posts: 9
    Good deal. Which dealership in MN? 10k miles a year?
  • raywrayw Member Posts: 9
    Planning to pull the trigger tomorrow. The deal is 55,600 + tax/title, with free oil changes for life. (I intend to keep the car for a long time).

I am getting upto 55000 from other dealers, but no oil changes.
  • kash4kash4 Member Posts: 5
    Hi All,

Thanks for sharing the information. It is indeed very helpful for new car buyers.

Anyone bought a 2014 AWD in Seattle recently. If yes, can you please share some details.

Thanks.
  • manb1212manb1212 Member Posts: 1
    Rayw
    Can you share which state and dealership?
    Keep in mind that the oil changes won't be done except usually to the manufacturers specs and not as frequently as most people who want to keep the car a long time would do. It's also usually dealer specific. We bought our 04 MDX with the same changes for life but we are 40 miles from them. I'd waste 4 hours and spend more in gas than it was worth.
  • johnrajohnra Member Posts: 2
    Yes I picked up base model AWD in Seattle about 2 weeks ago. $1500 MSRP, add on 10% tax and about $250 TTL.
    Thx. I did do the math on my oil changes. In my case this is the closest dealer to home (5 miles). The oil change (plus wash) is every 5K mile - 3 oil changes a year, means about $180/year.
    CT/Devan Acura. Like I mentioned there are other dealers willing to so somewhat better than that.
    $60 oil changes? best of luck
  • neonflxneonflx Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2013
    I need help deciding is this is a good deal.

I owe 27383 on the 2011, the dealer is giving me 31500 on the trade.

Tech and Entertainment package

36 month 12k 600.00 a month tax included.

is this a good deal?

thanks
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,109
    Hello neonfix.

Is the trade equity being used to reduce the cap cost?

Any other money down?

What is the MSRP and sales price of the new car?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• neonflxneonflx Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2013
    I was told that yes the equity is been use to reduce the cap cost, no I'm not putting any other money down.
    They are selling the car for 49500, not sure about msrp
    Acura website has it listed for 50635
    Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,109
    Not usually a good idea to put money down (or trade equity) on a lease. Should the car get stolen or totaled you are out that money.

Do you know the residual percentage or amount and the money factor?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• hemi57hemi57 Member Posts: 11
    Could you please post the dealer name. I am looking for a similar vehicle

Regards
  • ayalayal Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2014 MDX 2 wheel drive with tech for 39/15k with $960 out of pocket. I got $570 ish with tax in South Florida. Anyone do any better? thoughts/suggestions?
  • krish_edmundskrish_edmunds Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote for 2014 Acura MDX AWD Base for $41800+tax/title. Is this a good price.

Thanks.
  • mrmonty1mrmonty1 Member Posts: 6
    Which dealer? I got an offer at invoice $41,991 plus tax/title from Acura of Serramonte, too.
  • krish_edmundskrish_edmunds Member Posts: 3
    Hopkins Acura, Redwood City. AWD w/tech was offered for $47,000 + tax/title. Not sure $5K for tech is worth the money ?