Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rugx470rugx470 Member Posts: 5
    superep,

Have u been able to get any good offers from the dealers in S. Fl? The best quote I have got so far is $1200 over invoice. I am sure we should be able to do better than this based on what folks around the country are paying. Anyone have any advice for folks in Florida...

Thanks!
  • pdxcascadepdxcascade Member Posts: 17
    Dealer here in Portland claims financing incentives will be running the last ten days of the month. Special leases and 2.9/3.9 financing based on credit.

"We'll be sold out by Dec 31st, better get in here by end of the week" "people wait all year and come from 100 miles away just for these ten days" LOL

Gotta love the lines these guys throw out to creat the sense of urgency.
  • svierasviera Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me which Dealership and city which you purchased you Acura. I'm looking for one myself and I'm driving down from Rochester, NY because these folks don't negotiate (Captured audience....)
  • treknjtreknj Member Posts: 8
    Picked up a brand new black MDX with beige interior yesterday. The price was $34K - actually, it ended up being even lower than that for me but that was a fluke.

Bought it from Davis Acura in PA, dealers in NJ could not touch it. The buying experience was great, took me a little over an hour to get the car of the door. No gimmicks.
  • yurygyuryg Member Posts: 15
    Leased MDX Touring from Montclair Acura yesterday. Price (for lease rate computation) was 36.5k. Took 2.5 hrs to close the deal, but experience was pleasant with no pressure. I would recommend the dealership. They have a huge inventory on the lot making color selection easy.
  • genemachine1genemachine1 Member Posts: 24
    I called Davis Acura in Langhorne,Pa. yesterday and if I buy before months end they will sell me MDX Touring at invoice. Speak to the internet manager,he has three available. I unfortunately have a trade so that complicates matters for me. I think this is a great deal!

Good luck
  • kul2kul2 Member Posts: 9
    Sorry for delayed reply, I was out for a few days. I bought from Acura Reading, PA.
  • pra4snowpra4snow Member Posts: 2
    Just placed a deposit on a Silver Touring with Nav from a NJ dealer.

$2300 upfront

15k miles a year

$499 a month

All inclusive of taxes and fees.

Think I did pretty well. What do you think?

Thanks to all on the forum. Its been very helpful.
  • fineman2fineman2 Member Posts: 25
    Which dealer you are working with in NJ. I am also looking for MDX with touring and Nav. and getting quotes of $1000 over invoice (39650) for buying.
  • jjs26jjs26 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to buy by Friday and have read through many, many posts here -- is there someone in the DC area who has purchased recently who could tell me what a good price in this area really is? Is it worth it to go to Baltimore or Richmond? Thanks!
    I had a quote for $38,900 for MDX with Touring and Navi from Davis Acura in PA (it is about 20 miles from Princeton). I ended up buying the base for 34K.
  • tchen3tchen3 Member Posts: 3
    fineman2,

I'm interested in buying a 2005 MDX base model. Does your 34k includes tax or not?
  • tchen3tchen3 Member Posts: 3
    Marshall,

Is his $33400.00 an out door price(Including tax, processing fee)?
  • chem04chem04 Member Posts: 8
    I bought a 04 Touring model in Richmond and did get a good deal. Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, MD has a good selection and they did quote the lowest in the area. They also had about $250/- less in fees/taxes compared to VA dealers.
  • otis123otis123 Member Posts: 439
    ...DOES NOT include tax, etc.

I paid 33K for my 2004 base MDX in Sept. - $336. or $363. (don't remember) under invoice. Then the tax man [7.5%] and registration fees ($170.) brought it up to over $36K.

:-(
  • uafly1uafly1 Member Posts: 25
    I am also planning on buying a 2005 base. The only dealer so far to give me number is still about $500 over invoice. My sister was also looking and able to get invoice at another dealer. The one that gave me the over invoice pricing is telling me I need to purchase by Friday. He said December was a slow month. Plus Acura is giving 2.9% financing so it's something to think about. Any thoughts?
  • genemachine1genemachine1 Member Posts: 24
    YES_

Here is my response to uafly1 go to the dealer with your checkbook on December 30 and tell him what you want to pay. Either he laughs at you,which I doubt or you get the deal then and there. Tell him you are walking if you do not get that deal.My guess is you will be driving home an mdx-they need to sell these things. My local dealer has a glut of these vehicles. They are more likely to give you your price if the vehicle is on their lot or down the road. Let me know how you did!
  • uafly1uafly1 Member Posts: 25
    I am still on the fence. I am trading a Volvo C70 and can't seem to make up my mind what to purchase. I was going to go with a 04' Pathfinder, but since I am a women the dealer thought they could sell me a demo for sticker. Miles of lies not smiles. I considered another Volvo, but was told my credit was probably not good enough. Bad on their part, I am tier one. Jeep tried to sell me an 05' at sticker, no discounts. I am leaning towards an SUV and it seems like the MDX is best value for the money. I will report back my findings.
  • uncmbauncmba Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have luck purchasing from an online dealer such as carsdirect?

They gave me a price of $36,524 for 2005 Touring Edition with RES package (DVD)

Just wondering about experiences,issues, etc.
  • 5812mr5812mr Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy an 05 MDX w/Touring/Nav/DVD in the Austin, TX area. I am also looking to put in options - Fender Flares, Chrome Side Steps, Tailgate Spoiler and Wood Grain Steering.

I would appreciate input on what your experiences have been pricing wise for the above and what a fair price would be.

Thanks
  • toolpictoolpic Member Posts: 12
    thanks edmunds, live in Lansdale, PA. In reading the recent posts on deals at Davis Acura I contacted them about trading my 2003 Tl Type S with 19000 miles for an 05 MDX, needed to get the MDX due to our second child due in January.

Davis got back to me within 1 hour of my request with 05 MDX at Invoice for limted time. In addition, they gave me 23,000 for TL a great deal.

Long and Short, no hassles no gimmicks got 05 MDX silver w/ black leather, DVD and NAVI for $40,000 plus Tax and tags. Dealer also installed step rails and body molding for $700. A great deal.

Thanks agains Edmunds and Davis Acura, any one want additional info, feel free to contact me
  • mbabmbab Member Posts: 5
    Hi: I just struck a deal with Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA on a '05 MDX with touring without NAV at invoice. I did not check other dealers in the area (probably should have), but I believe I could not have done better than this. Just getting ready to head out and pick my vehicle. Good luck and Happy New Year!
  • mdxdrivermdxdriver Member Posts: 1
    Was quoted 1000 over invoice for a '05 Touring With NAV. Finally paid 350 over invoice. Dealer is located in Hoffman Estates, IL.

I love the car. Voice commands are excellent.
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    conrats on your second child. My question to you is, have you tried putting 2 car seats next to each other in the second row? If so, can an average size adult sit in the same row with some comfort? My wife is expecting in the middle of next year, and she sits in the back. She drives a 2003 Lexus ES300 but I believe its too tight for 2 car seats and an adult. We are thinking about an MDX as well. Thanks for the answer or anyone else who is in the same boat can offer some opinions as well. Thanks again and Happy New Year!
  • wahoo82wahoo82 Member Posts: 6
    Where in Richmond? I am about to take the plunge for a 05 Touring w/NAV and would like to get any feedback on your experience. I'd like to stay in Virginia if possible, and a pleasant experience is worth giving my business to a regional dealership.

Thanks in advance.
  • underpantsunderpants Member Posts: 5
    Dealership was in Ocean Township, NJ. www.acuraofocean.com
  • chem04chem04 Member Posts: 8
    Crown Acura is the only Acura dealership in Richmond. It was a pleasant experience. They started off pretty high but came down very fast and they were reasonable. They even offered the 2.9% financing.
  • uncmbauncmba Member Posts: 3
    Tried the Edmunds.com route to avoid the traditional unpleasant experience of buying a 2005 MDX Touring with RED package. Got several quotes from dealers through quote service. The dealer in cary, NC claimed he would work a deal that matched the best price received from other dealer a little further away. They played the low ball and switch game, tried the traditional old school dealer sleeze games. I walked out and will now look at another option to replace my current MDX.

I must say that my 2001 model had some nicer finishing touches than the new 2005 model. It looks like Acura tried reduce costs and went cheap with some fine tuning touches.
  • superepsuperep Member Posts: 8
    Hi Rugx470,

finalized a deal at Rick Case on new years eve day....... they have been real nice to deal with. drove off with a 04 at(2.9% loan) on a Touring - $35,000 total plus doc & tx,tg

I thought it was a good deal...... who really knows. How did U do? Happy New Year Superep
  • acura2005tlacura2005tl Member Posts: 4
    could you please post the price and more information?
    After scouring thru all the price lists came to this conclusion..

From the earlier posts gathered the below....

$38,900 for MDX with Touring and Navi from Davis Acura in PA

$37,900 for MDX with Touring and Navi www.acuraofocean.com

$40,000 plus Tax and tags -- Long and Short, no hassles no gimmicks got 05 MDX silver w/ black leather, DVD and NAVI. Dealer also installed step rails and body molding for $700. A great deal.

$40,000 plus 1000 Was quoted 1000 over invoice for a '05 Touring With NAV. Finally paid 350 over invoice. Dealer is located in Hoffman Estates, IL.
  • snowsnow Member Posts: 2
    Just got a quote from a NY tri-state area dealer for $40,000 for a 05 MDX w/touring and a navigation system. Judging from the last post I guess that's not such a great price. Looks like I have atleast another $1,000 on the table to negotiate with. Am I right?

Anybody bought around the NYC lately and what prices have you seen? I'm looking for an 05 w/touring and navi.

Thanks
    I checked the postings:

the $37,900 from www.acuraofocean.com was for Touring with DVD, not for Touring with Navi - still a good price but much more in line with other quotes.
  • carmavencarmaven Member Posts: 6
    Picked up last week 05 Touring with Navi, Black side steps, wood trim panel, rear spoiler,cargo cover, cargo net and cargo tray, wheel locks and all season mats for $40,200.

How did I do??
    Davis Acura in Langhorne, PA

2005 MDX Touring w. DVD and NAVI for $40,000

Sliver / black interior.

no gimmiccks no nonsense, got 2.9% financing and a great deal on my trade.

had body side molding and step upinstalled for $700 out the door.

Started by emailing the internet manager, telling him willing to do deal asap.

Only driven the car a few times but it is a great car.
    Thanks, good luck to you and yours.

I havent put the second car seat in yet. My son is in a Britax marathon car seat which is larger than most. The second baby will be in a Graco snug and ride, the traditional bucket seat till it is 20 lbs. The TL and MDX have the latch system which makes installing a breeze and the seats dont move. It appears that my wife and both kids could go in the back but it should be ok, with her in the middle and one child on either side.

Our other opitions were the larger SUV, the lexus gx470, i think and toyota Sequia.

My wife didnt like the truck like ride, in driving the MDX she felt as if she was driving her TL.

any more ques, let me know,
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    Hi all! I just started shopping for an MDX with Touring/Navi. You all seem so very knowledgeable! What is the best price in the New York Metro Area, specifically Long Island???
    Toolpic,

I tried and am getting "not in stock". Also the guy never returned my calls.
    feel free to emailme at toolpic@yahoo. i will give you the name of the guy if you want, very surprising, they only had one other mdx w/ dvd and navi when i bought it was black and saddle.
  • tanbinhtanbinh Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,

I have a price for MDX w/ GPS and Nav, with accessories: spoiler, sidesteps, moonroof visor, door visors, all-season mats and wheel locks. They asked for $43,000. I am not sure if thisis a good price or not, Please let me know.
    I;m not sure about the price but why don't you just buy the vehicle and have the dealer install the rear spoiler. All the other accessories can be purchased online and installed by you which can save you some money since its also not financed into the price.
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    I just received an offer from a dealer in the New York Metro area for $39,349 for MDX with Touring/Navi. Do you think this is legit? Can I do better? Thanks!
  • tanbinhtanbinh Member Posts: 3
    Kenny, THX for the advice.

Also do you know if the MDX has remote engine starter come with the car?
    Don't have an MDX but pretty sure there is no remote start. You would have to go aftermarket, in that case you would either have to carry 2 remotes or buy a complete new alarm with built in remote start.
  • midvishonmidvishon Member Posts: 2
    Got my MDX with touring/Navi on Dec. 31st, in South Jersey area.

Blue with black interior.

Closed the deal on 39K (before taxes and registration). Added Towing package, chrome side steps, moonroof visor and body molding for additional 2K. Got the 2.9% for 5 years.

Based on all the above posts it seems that I did a good deal...
  • 1stmdx1stmdx Member Posts: 1
    Hey, not sure how the TMV is determined, but just got an 05 Touring model for 43,600 out the door. (better than TMV with the taxes and options)

This price includes:

Black/Ebony with Navigation and RES

Addtional Options: Side Steps, Rear Spoiler, Body Side Molding, Moonroof visor, Protection package(all season mat, cargo tray, mud guards), $200 gas card, free lifetime oil changes, taxes and fees.

Guessing I got a decent deal with the additional dealership services plus 2.9% financing (which at first the finance person didn't even offer, had to call the next day to request it after discovering on edmunds)

Guess my lessons learned:

1. Don't let the dealers give you the guilt trip on them making money and market values. 40 G's can buy a lot.

2. Go shopping towards end of month and near closing time. (less time for them to BS during negotiation)

3. Don't be afraid to walk away(especially if you know they aren't losing money at above invoice)

Hope this helps someone looking for a new MDX.
  • pmakkenapmakkena Member Posts: 3
    I wanna buy a MDX (basic - no package) in New Jersey. WHatz the best deal on invoice !!
  • jrmjrm Member Posts: 3
    Hello 1stmdx,

Can you tell me which dealership you dealt with...Thanks in advance.
  • texasmommytexasmommy Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Does anyone have a dealership in mind for purchasing a 05 MDX Touring in Dallas area? Also, does anyone have a good price for extended warranty?

Thanks so much!
    Folks.

Did they stop this incentive? Looking from the posts, they haven't. But, the dealer I talked to (Acura of Peabody) mentioned that they(no body) are not doing this any more.

Any way, I can get information on this??

Thanks in advance,