Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Rebates & incentives can vary by geographic location, so while the incentive may be available for others, it may or may not be for you. Make sure you check our Incentives & Rebates page for your ZIP code.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• gearhead10gearhead10 Member Posts: 84
    My dealer (Southern California) had the incentive end on 1/5/05 but you should check to be sure if this applies to all dealerships.
  • pmakkenapmakkena Member Posts: 3
    Whatz the best price for this in NJ and can someone give me the dealer and salesman info so that I can talk. This is very urgent. Thanx.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    The dealership, city and state can be posted (no phone numbers) Posting of the names of individual salespeople is not allowed.
  • yemiyemi Member Posts: 1
    I believe you got an excellent deal.
  • tamu91tamu91 Member Posts: 14
    I was offered, for any model/option Acura MDX, $800 over invoice. Is this a good deal or can I do better?
  • genemachine1genemachine1 Member Posts: 24
    YES/NO

That is a good price however if you wait until the end of the month you might get a better deal. Davis Acura internet manager(Langhorne,Pa.) gave me an invoice price if I bought the MDX Touring before Dec. 31-i called him around Dec. 26 You can do better.
    genemachine1, wasn't Acura was running some deal through their dealerships that made your deal possible? Has anyone purchased 05 MDX/touring lately at invoice?
  • jes23185jes23185 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to buy an Acura with the touring / Nav. package. I have not gotten down to the nitty gritty yet but the salesman is saying maybe $3000 discount. Anyone in Virginia or the DC area have any experience on discount level?
    Any positive or negative experiences with Churchill Acura in Dallas? The internet sales manager offered me $570 over invoice for 05 MDX with Touring pkg.
  • genemachine1genemachine1 Member Posts: 24
    No special deal with invoice pricing during latter part of December 2004. The economy is the key with interest rates rising there isn't a line at their door like there was two years ago.
  • wahoo82wahoo82 Member Posts: 6
    I just received (yesterday) a quote from the internet sales manager at Hall Acura @ only $1600 below sticker (inv. + $2595) for an '05 Touring w/Nav. Not too good, but I only told them that I would be buying by the end of March. I won't be driving one until the weather breaks, so maybe they sensed no urgency on my part.

Someone posted above about Crown Acura in Richmond, and getting one for about inv. + $800. He stated that the experience was pleasant. I will be checking with Priority in Chesapeake, as well as Hall and Crown. I will also throw in Pohanka (in Chantilly) for a comparison. I read (Above) that they had offered at invoice.

Please keep us posted on your search, and I will as well.

Thanks - Wahoo82
    Have you been to Churchill Acura in Dallas or Ft. Worth? I spoke with their Internet Mgr earlier this week and he offered me $540 over invoice.

His quote for a MDX with Touring pkg = $36,944 plus TTL.
  • jrmjrm Member Posts: 3
    I purchased 2005 'Sage Brush Pearl' ACURA MDX with Navigation System and Rear Entertainment System with the following accessories: Tailgate Spoiler, Moonroof Visor, Running Boards, Protection Package (Wheel Locks, All Weather Mats, Mud Guards, Cargo Tray), and Body Side Moulding for $44,000 out the door (includes all taxes, tags, and processing fees).
  • mike4196mike4196 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to get a feel for available deals in the Pittsburgh area, anyone have any experiences that you could share?

thanks.
  • betheanbethean Member Posts: 3
    After much searching and emailing and being laughed out of local dealerships, I finally bought a 05 MDX Touring with Navigation System, DVD Entertainment and Wheel Locks (already came with) for $40,500. This does not include tax and license, but does include the $540 d. fee.

I'm in San Diego and was not able to find the price I wanted (and felt I could get re: this site) here. I got my price at Autoland in El Segundo and they made it easy for me (although they kept pushing the paint sealants, Lojack, etc. even when I told them no, no, no.) The only issue I had with Autoland is that they didn't turn on my trial Onstar or XM memberships, but I saved so much money compared to other So Cal dealerships, I'm happy to do it myself.

So, basically, thanks to everyone who posted prices here. You rock. I'm sure I saved at least $1500 through the knowledge and confidence this site inspired.
  • hsiunghsiung Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 05 MDX with Nav for 38,500 (include d-fee) plus tax and license at Tustin Acura.

Chang
  • alphawolfalphawolf Member Posts: 100
    Anyone?
  • mdgxmdgx Member Posts: 8
    Pulled thge trigger on a 05 with Nav for $38,800 + dest. May have been more room to gain $$ but felt that the $3,000+ off MSRP was a fair deal
    Please tell where. How hard did you have to work on this? And was this an internet or a site visit deal?

I am about to take the leap on the same one (05 with Nav) and am trying to get a few dealers to give a a decent price in and around Virginia. Pohanka is the only dealer up there I have contacted, but I'm open to any and all for a good price.

Thanks in advance.
  • halbyhalby Member Posts: 3
    Two weeks ago, I purchased an 05 MDX Touring with Navi from Radley for $500 over invoice, $39,150 including destination and "document preparation" charges, and excluding tax, title and registration. Pohanka made the same offer, but I went with Radley because they were very close to my house. I used a service called Car Bargains ($160) to get quotes from 11 different dealers in the area. The lowest quotes were for $350 over invoice from dealers in PA and NJ. I used these quotes to bargain Radley and Pohanka down. I did everything over the phone and through e-mail. Once I worked out all the details with Radley over the phone, I went to the dealer that night, signed the paperwork, wrote a painfully large check, and left in about an hour with the MDX. Great way to do business.
    Thanks, Halby. That's what I'm hoping to do. Two weeks ago, was this the end of Jan? Did you have better leverage at the end of the month?

I will contact Radley, because I figure a DC area dealer will offer a better price than most of the Va dealers. I do want something in writing (e-mail) to use for bargaining. Were they pretty forthcoming with an offer by e-mail?

One of the dealers I have contacted said that they would beat any other deal on price, but I need something in writing to fax to them so they can make a counter offer.

I want this to be as painless as possible, save for the big check.

Thanks.
  • dbthdbth Member Posts: 9
    Could you tell me the NJ dealer that quoted you , I am looking for a similar vehicle.

Does anyone have a good lease number on this vehicle.

Thanks Very Much!
  • hsiunghsiung Member Posts: 2
    I think it is too high a price.

I just purchased a MDX with Navi (include destination) at $38,500 which is $150 BELOW invoice.

Chang
    I took delivery on 1/28, so being at the end of the month may have had something to do with getting (what I perceive to be) a good price without too much pain. I did not have a lot of luck getting dealers to give me quotes via e-mail. Many seem to use e-mail as an entree to bug me over the phone. Frankel Acura was good about giving me an e-mail quote. Good luck.
    Sussman Acura near Cherry Hill.
  • mdgxmdgx Member Posts: 8
    We spent all day Saturday driving the various Toyota's. Have a GX, which we love, but did not want to spend that amount. MDX seemed the best alternative.

Emailed Rosenthal, their first quote was about $2,000 off MSPR. Told me that these cars were in high demand, I responded asking why they had 73 in stock?

I told them that I was widening the net by asking for multiple quotes Sat afternoon.

In going into this I felt that $800 over invoice was a fair price, was not going to try and beat this to death. I also told all dealers that I was ready to buy on Sunday.

Many dealers responded by "Please call me". I made the point over and over that this was an internet sale, that we were coming to terms over the Internet.

Pohanka ofered $1,000 over invoice. Rosenthal agreed to beat that by $200 and we were done.

Other offers - Norris Accura west offered $3,165 off MSRP.

Liked the Internet Manager at Rosenthal. They also did a deal on any options "at cost".
  • drzebradrzebra Member Posts: 1
    mdgx -

Please email which of the 4 Internet Managers you dealt with at Rosenthal. I had a bad experience there last year (I am a 3 time repeat customer with them) and do NOT want to deal with the same jerk. I am not sure you can post his name here.

Thanks
  • reuel3reuel3 Member Posts: 114
    Please be sure that you do not post the name on this site. You can list the information about the dealership, but we do not allow you to post specific names. Thank you.
  • denver mdxdenver mdx Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had any recent MDX purchase experience in the Denver Colorado area they could share?

Also, any word on special financing incentives for teh MDX?
  • ajdajd Member Posts: 6
    After doing my due dilligence, I just purchased my first new car. After doing some research in the internet, I used a dealer nearby to my checks (test drive, pricing, options)to ensure I like the vehicle. Once I received an initial price, I used the web and friend's zip codes I was able to get all phone numbers of dealerships in the tri-state area and told them exactly what I wanted on my MDX premium. After fetching all prices, I went back to my nearby dealer with the cheapest price. After 4 patient hours, I walked out with a 2005 MDX Premium w/running boards,roof rack, body trim, and wheel locks for a total cost of $35,200. Does anyone feel I got a fair price? You opinion will greatly be appreciated. Thanks!
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    uh oh...someone's gonna get a nastygram!!!!!!!
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    We now resume our regularly scheduled broadcast ...! :-)

tidester, host
  • steveuclasteveucla Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at buying a Acura MDX w/Nav in the San Jose/San Francisco Bay Area. The best price I have received is $39,214. Had anyone gotten a better deal recently in this area and if so, where?
  • mark27mark27 Member Posts: 5
    Horrible....
    I found what a I want.. Black/Black/w/Nav and the offer is $39,800. Only one of two currently in the State of Florida.....
    I can wait, but other dealers wont touch this offer. Looking for input..good deal?
  • sjacobsjacob Member Posts: 2
    Hi Could you tell me who is the dealer name? thanks
  • sjacobsjacob Member Posts: 2
    I need to know what is the best deal for 05 MDX touring with navig and dvd
  • kvgkvg Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased today from Acura Seattle. I also got fender flares, spoiler, and side molding. After 2/14/05 MSRP is $200 higher, fyi.

First off, I should say that this website and everyone's prior feedback was very useful in arriving at "a good price", all via email with the dealer.

Acura Lynnwood - last email quote was $900 higher than Acura Seattle, and they did not return my last email/counter-offer.

Acura Bellevue - contacted me by email, just to get me in the store. Since I had a trade, I went in yesterday to get their opinion of the trade value. NADA trade-in value means nothing to them. They use Manheim "auction" prices. $2500 lower than Nada. Best offer before I walked out: $43,500, $43,000 w/o a trade-in. MSRP: $45,825 (not including install fees for acc).

Acura Seattle - very professional, and willing to work over email. After about 6 exchanges, final offer was: $41,220 + $1500 for acc (installed), $42,720 plus tax/lic/title fee, or $3105 off MSRP (not including standard installation fees for the accessories).

Considering my trade, I was ahead $1400 at Acura Seattle over Acura Bellevue. I think I did okay on the trade (the car was not perfect), and I think $3105+ off MSRP was good. I know others have posted they've done better, but I'm happy.

I hope my feedback helps others.
    Has anyone heard of any new financing deals Acura is going to offer beginning March 1st?
  • elleobelleob Member Posts: 1
    Looking at an 2003 MDX Touring, 38,000 mi. The dealer wanted 32,900 and we got him down to 31,700. It is a certified Acura. Wondering what others think about the deal. Good, bad and can I do better?

Any feedback on the extended warranty?
  • steeler_fansteeler_fan Member Posts: 16
    All,

Does anyone know how I can find what the invoice price is for a loaded (Navi, DVD) MDX? I can't seem to find it on Edmunds, and obviously the dealer sites won't have it. TIA!!
  • kvgkvg Member Posts: 2
    invoice $39430
    dest $ 570
    ==============
    $40000

http://autos.msn.com
  • jes23185jes23185 Member Posts: 4
    I ended up at Hall Acura in Newport News. Price was invoice plus $750 including a full size spare and standard wheel. All in all a good experience.
    Very good. When Hall quoted me $41,245 + TTL and fees, I didn't push. I got a few quotes from DC area dealers, and ended up at Crown in Richmond. Everything was done by e-mail and the sales person (I know I can't give her name here) was very nice to deal with. I got the '05 Touring w/Nav (Steel Blue and Quartz) for $38,950 + TTL and $399 fees. Didn't do anything with the spare, though. It hasn't arrived yet, but it is scheduled to get here in March (which was my original time frame).

I'm glad to hear that Hall worked with you. I hope their service dept is easy to deal with. More than likely, I will be using them for standard service.
  • AnacondaAnaconda Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

First of all, I want to thank everyone for posting in this forum; it really helped me out to find the "market" price for the vehicle as well as get some pointers. I definitely agree to use the internet to contact as many dealers as possible to get quotes; most actually responded quickly, and with competitive quotes. Don't go to your dealer of choice until this is done. It will save a lot of time and hassle. Plus, you'll get the best deal on something they have in stock, so look around their inventory.

I got a loaded black/saddle MDX with pretty much every option with an MSRP of $50,200, for $45,600. I also got a good deal on my trade-in, so overall I am very happy.

I live in the Boston area.

Thanks.
  • frankrolexfrankrolex Member Posts: 3
    don't know about 275 over invice but for a good deal go to montgomreyville acura and ask for any sales person
    for a great deal montgomeryville acura pa
    if you want it that bad spend it you can't take it with you
  • rak123rak123 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a MDX w/Navi & DVD for $ 500 above dealer invoice($40,500+tax+title)from DCH Acura located in Verona, NJ. Contact them through edmunds and you will be dealing with internet sales unit which is easy to deal with. You must pick a model in stock to get a good deal. And for people who loves their MP3 jukebox, this suv comes with aux inputs.