Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• yxuyxu Member Posts: 3
    Is this a brand MDX or with some miles already?
  • rajeev_rairajeev_rai Member Posts: 6
    THIS IS A DEMO VEHICLE WITH 3.5K miles.
  • eticketrideeticketride Member Posts: 53
    The vehicle I got from power acura in Torrance, CA was brand new.
  • abbycatabbycat Member Posts: 6
    I'm not up on leasing...do you know what this equates to as a sales price? Do you think Nalley negotiates price better in Atlanta? Were they good to work with?
    I am not getting far on price (36000 for Touring no nav/no dvd) with the dealers on the Northside. Southside dealer gave me a good quote but not sure this is for real once I drive down there.
    thanks!
    Did you get quotes from other Atlanta dealers? was 35700 the best you found? the quote I got from Nalley was 35995. thanks!
  • ndxndx Member Posts: 5
    This messge board has been a great help! I just purchased MDX TOURING in phoenix. I don't know if this is a good deal but here are the #'s

Price: $35,200 - TOURING (Includes destination, Tinting, Wheel Locks)
    TTL : 3800 (Taxes and Plates are very expensive in AZ)
    8.1% Tax and ~ $700 for plates

Has anybody got a better deal in AZ ? Hope this helps

BTW, it's a awesome car compared to RX330
  • phariharanphariharan Member Posts: 3
    :confuse: I have received a quote for $ 38,679 for a new 2005 MDX with navigation and dvd entertainement system. Is that a good price?

Param
  • auattyauatty Member Posts: 3
    That was with a spoiler, which is a $400 list add on. Nalley was the only one I talked with.
  • md26md26 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, have you got this quote of 38,679 from a dealer in Atlanta, if yes, let me know. I am not sure if I am following the right thread here.
    Sounds like a great price.

Thanks
  • phariharanphariharan Member Posts: 3
    no i live in cincinnati ohio.
    param
  • bmwx1bmwx1 Member Posts: 4
    My friend bought a 05 Acura MDX (Touring PKG with NAVI) MSRP $42,475.

$499.99 a month for 36 months
    12K miles
    0.15 for additional mileage
    Upfront costs of $2624.99 which includes the following:
    3% VA Tax($1225.50)
    DMV fees of $55.50
    first months payment of $499.99
    Acquisition fee of $595
    DOC fee of $249

Based on my calculation he got an "ok" deal.
    what do you guys think?
    Thanks
  • bluetranebluetrane Member Posts: 67
    I'm in Cincy as well and just got the same price quoted to me. That's basically invoice minus the $1500 dealer incentive. I think that's about as good as I'm going to do.

My quote was from Columbia Acura by the way. Very easy to deal with and professional. Good luck!
  • buyingmdxbuyingmdx Member Posts: 9
    Hi, I received a quote of $35,300 in the Bay area for a 2005 MDX Touring w/o NAVI w/o DVD. This is before accessories and fees. Has anyone done better?

Also,
    1) how much does title and registration usually go for?
    2) do people know why the accessories i'm being quoted for are more than the acura website? Odd.

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Most deals I've seen out of CA, have registration and fees of around $300-$350.. That doesn't include sales tax, of course..

And their accessories are priced higher, so they can make more money... :P

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• saritaseshsaritasesh Member Posts: 5
    I got this quote from our local dealer for 2005 Acura MDX with Touring and Navigation System:

Final price: $37,400
    OTD price: $40,000 (incl TTL)

PLEASE let me know so that I can plan to close the deal soon. Also, he mentioned there is a APR deal also going on.. it is 4.9% for 48-60 months...

PLEASE respond soon...

Thanks.
  • esteveesteve Member Posts: 10
    "1) how much does title and registration usually go for?"
    This DMV site shows how much registration and tax should be:
    https://vrir.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/index.jsp

I'm working on a Socal-based deal re an 05 MDX Touring but won't disclose until everything's finalized...never know if the dealer's just trying to get me down and find out the price is $1000 over their 'quote'!!!
  • looking2leaselooking2lease Member Posts: 2
    2005 Black on Black
    Premium
    36 Month Lease
    12k Miles/Year

paying $485/month including tax
    $1345 down (including security deposit)

Residual: $22,856.70
    Money Factor: 0.00188
    Cap Cost: $34,962.90
    MSRP: $37,470.00

What do you think of this lease?

Thanx for your advice...are we getting a good deal or getting ripped off?
    I got this quote from our local dealer for 2005 Acura MDX with Touring and Navigation System:

Final price: $37,400
    OTD price: $40,000 (incl TTL)

PLEASE let me know so that I can plan to close the deal soon. Also, he mentioned there is a APR deal also going on.. it is 4.9% for 48-60 months...

PLEASE respond soon...

Thanks.
  • luv_mdxluv_mdx Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2005 MDX Touring w/ Navigation in the Bay Area at Autowest Stevens Creek for $2000 below invoice. They have a promotion that they just kicked off and its supposed to atleast this weekend. Good luck!
  • buyingmdxbuyingmdx Member Posts: 9
    Wow. That's great. I will check them out for sure. Do you mind giving a breakout of total price?

Touring with NAVI: $36,360
    Accesories: ????
    Destination: $570???
    Tax: $2900???
    DMV Fees $298
    Documentation Fee: $45
    Ca Tire Fee. $8.75

Total: ????

Thanks a lot!!!
  • bosoxin04bosoxin04 Member Posts: 11
    In my opinion this is not a good deal. Competitive cap costs right now are in the neighborhood of $5,000 less than MSRP -- in fact, I'm in the market for an MDX Touring (no NAVI, no entertainment) and the cap costs I have been quoted are less than $500 more than yours.

In addition, unless you live in a state with 9% sales tax you are not getting the deal quoted above. The payment for the deal above should be $445 before tax.

A competitive lease on this vehicle should be in the range of $375 - $385 per month before tax.

Good luck -- and keep shopping around.
    Hey esteve-
    Hopefully your deal is going well. Just to give you some more info if you need it. I paid a $45 doc fee, $28 dmv electronic filing fee, $282 license fee and a $8.75 tire fee. All of these fees were considered "standard". Also since I live in san diego, I got the san diego tax rate of 7.75% instead of the higher LA tax rate of 8.25-8.50%. Good luck on your deal. Let me know how it goes.
    Sure, here is the breakdown:

Touring with Nav (including Destination charge): 36829
    Accessories: Didn't get any since their prices for accessories were more expensive than another Acura dealer, so I thought I will add them on later if needed.
    Doc Fees: $45
    Tax: 3042.11
    License Fees: 303
    CA Tire Fees: 8.75
    Total: 40227.86

This price is valid on any color they have in stock except Aspen White Pearl.
  • tsovichtsovich Member Posts: 3
    Saritashesh,

The final price of $37,400 sounds like a pretty good deal. It is about $1400 under invoice. Some others on this thread have posted prices below $37000 for an MDX Touring w/ Navigation, but there seem to be some regional variations. Where are you located? Can you share the name of your dealer?
    Today we got Acura MDX with Touring, Navington, DVD for $38,500. The total cost OTD for $41,179. We got this deal from Vandergriff Acura here in Dallas,TX area. I would like to know from all of you if this deal was good. The deal is around 1500 under invoice.
  • ohpleaseohplease Member Posts: 3
    How was Stevens Creek Acura to work with? I am considering the same deal with the same dealer. Thanks.
  • mdxbuyer3mdxbuyer3 Member Posts: 1
    deal sounds good. was this deal under the special acura lease program? i've been told that you can't combine the manufacturer-to-dealer $1500 incentive w/ the acura special lease program. who was the dealer?
  • gatorjeffgatorjeff Member Posts: 3
    Can you please tell me which dealer and city? I am in VA and in the market for the same specs lease. Thanks!
    The person I worked with in the Internet Sales Dept was great, no issues at all.
  • genyagenya Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone purchased basic MDX Touring in NYC/Tri-State recently? I'm getting quotes just around invoice, not even close to $34K discussed on this board.

Thanks!
  • mb123mb123 Member Posts: 3
    I currently own an Acura and my lease is up in September. I am looking at the MDX at Sussman. The price that they quoted me for the MDX w/Touring is 40,000 including taxes with a 42 month lease at 480 per month no money down. This sounds high to me. Has anyone gotten a better price in the Philadelphia area?
  • glockfanglockfan Member Posts: 30
    I am in the market for an MDX Touring with NAV & RES. I live near Atlanta, GA. Can someone please provide a dealer anywhere close to Atlanta that is willing to provide a decent price?? I have seen numerous postings for prices in the $38600 range incl dest and docs fees..I cannot find an Atlanta dealer that will come close to the $38k price range.. Thanks
  • yxuyxu Member Posts: 3
    I have a couple dealers in PA quoted $1700 under invoice.
  • genyagenya Member Posts: 7
    I would really appreciate if you could post dealership names. (or email k o s o y AT homail) Thanks!
    This forum has been very helpful....although our prices here in Atlanta are not quite as good as other regions! I finally purchased from Acura Carland in Duluth=
    MDX Touring no NAV/no DVD - 35,800.

Included: sunroof wind guard, wheel locks, all season mats, trunk tray, full tank of gas

The entire staff there was a pleasure to deal with-purely professional. I negotiated on the phone and all was ready when I arrived at the dealership. I love this car-it's a beautiful ride, all except the mpg calculation on the on-screen display!
    So after a week's worth of obtaining quotes and having dealers scan their dwindling inventory, I finally got an MDX from Power Acura in Torrance. They pricematched Santa Monica Acura of a base model, with roof rack installed, for $32k before TTR. [Power was willing to PM SM Acura's TOURING, no nav or res, price of $33.7k but no one had our color]. I figured with the roof rack installed [dealer has it at around $300 for parts/labor], I got in for $2000 below invoice so I'm happy :) OTD was $34,674 factoring in a 7.25% sales tax. Only caveat is they didn't have time to install the roof rack so it was on the "Work Order" form...the nice part is that I didn't have to REMIND them that was included in the original quote but I do have to go back later on to get it installed.

Car notes:
    +MDX rides like a sedan, not a truck: a BIG plus for my wife and I as we used to own a 2000 Pathfinder [truck-based] and that sucker seemed to want to tip over at every turn. +With split open and horrendous rush hour traffic in about 45 miles of driving, the trip computer avg'd 22.1 MPG.
    +XM Radio...I now see why people rave about it: lots of selection and most are ad-free but personally, I won't be subscribing after the trial ends.
    +Excellent power delivery - so easy to pass [well, a bit biased as our prior cars were/are 4-cylinder Hondas save for the Pathfinder]
    +Comfy seats
    +Disappointed with the separate key and remote fob: current Accord's keyfob is integrated but very minor complaint
    +Steering wheel controls are unlit
    +Moonroof controls are where they SHOULD be: at the top! [Honda owners: rejoice]
    +Back to the radio, XM sound quality, to me, is halfway tween AM and FM. I ended up listening to my iPod via the FM transmitter...too bad there's no direct aux input.
    +Auto on/off lights, side mirror heaters, LED illumination: never had em so I'm living the dream right now. Speaking of LED illumination, if it's at full brightness, it almost got distracting: I wanted to stare at the gauges instead of at the roads.

Socal dealer notes:
    POWER ACURA: Salesguy I dealt with was good - always e/v-mailed me back [sometimes a few times a day] and no games or last minute add-ons were played at the dealership. F&I guy offered me the usual stuff but after declining, he quickly moved on. No need to bring in a printout of SM Acura's prices for proof. Oh, he took down my credit card number for a $500 deposit after he located my MDX from another dealer for but ended up never charging the card :)
    KEYES ACURA: Willing to PM. Upfront about inventory [didn't have the color combo/model we wanted] but they don't do dealer trades. Guy was professional and always contacted me back if I had questions. Keyes was one day late than Power getting back to me: if Power couldn't get it, I was willing to go here as an MDX, w/ our specs, was inbound w/i a few days. Would've been a LOT closer but oh well.
    SANTA MONICA ACURA: Best initial pricing BUT when it came time to do the deal, they ignored my emails about faxing me the sales contract and also said it'd take between "a few hours to a week" to get my MDX: I had to go in the office to start of the process. They ignored me so I did the same.
    ACURA 101 WEST: Guy gave me a higher pricing but was only willing to PM if I brought in the written quote to his office. Didn't give me specifics about having it in stock as well.
    CERRITOS ACURA: She was also higher but ultimately, the dealer wouldn't PM.
    VALENCIA ACURA: I'm still waiting for any sign of life...never responded back to the intial request.

How I did it: started off with using Edmunds dealer locator thingy and for Acura dealers not listed, I emailed them directly from their own websites found on Acura.com. Power Acura accepts up to $5k on a credit card ["free" points!] and you can finance the rest though I cut a check for the balance: they run a credit check on you and basically state if the check doesn't go through, it'll convert to an auto loan: made sure the F&I guy checkmarked the box that stated, "NO INTEREST OWED IN PAID IN FULL".

If you have any questions, ask away!
    Glad to hear that everything went well. Sounds like your experience was just as good as mine. Hope you enjoy your new ride!!!
    Can you please let me know which dealers in the PA area were willing to go to 1700 below invoice. Was this on a purchase or a lease and which model did you get?
    Thanks
  • stevem7stevem7 Member Posts: 26
    I just received a internet quote of $1700 below invoice on any MDX in stock from Davis Acura (Richboro, PA). I went to their web site and requested a quick quote at about noon today. I had a response by 3:00
    Anyone know of any special finance rates on MDX? Can get 5.0% for 60months through Capital One/Costco. Was wondering if anyone thinks Acura will run something special for Labor Day weekend that would be able to be combined with the $1500 dealer incentive.

Thanks.
    At another acuramdx board, Acura will allegedly be offering 2.9% on 08/31/05 but no confirmation so far. Selection is dwindling [at least in socal] so good luck!
    Thanks again to you and everyone else - can't believe how relatively easy the internet made the transaction, other than the waiting for dealers to get back me re colors and options.
    Thanks so much. I am in the Phila, PA area. Stock, with the exception of Base model, is plentiful from what I can see around here. Do you know if the 2.9% will be for 60 months?
    Thanks, Sussman is still quoting me invoice 35,787.
    Just checked the other board: the poster claims the 2.9% will be for 60 months through Labor Day but nothing's official as of yet.
  • mdxfan2mdxfan2 Member Posts: 3
    I am shopping for a 2005 MDX to lease. Just wanted to get an idea of what kind of bargaining/negotiating can I expect for a lease. Are they pretty firm on the current $399/36month offer or can I expect something better ? Any comments helpful and highly appreciated. Thanks!
  • mdxfan2mdxfan2 Member Posts: 3
    sorry forgot to mention location is Minneapolis, MN - if that matters.
  • jdyahoojdyahoo Member Posts: 5
    $1,500 below invoice seems pretty good for the DFW area. Does $38,500 include the destination charge?
  • ohpleaseohplease Member Posts: 3
    Following luv_mdx, I did the exact same deal with Stevens Creek Acura in the Bay Area. The Internet Sales Department was a pleasure to work with. (I wish I could mention the salesman's name here.) They offered the price ($2K under invoice) right up front. I asked what the total would be, and that is exactly what I paid. No junk fees or surprises.

I requested offers from six other dealerships. One (Serramonte Acura) offered the same price, and was also very responsive to e-mail inquiry. One (Elk Grove Acura) offered about $450 higher, and then increased the price by about $500 on the 73rd hour after the initial 72-hour offer. (They did this when I asked if they could meet the Stevens Creek or Serramonte deals.) Another dealer was higher yet, one refused to quote without having me come in. Two never responded.

An unrelated, but quite annoying hassle was the discovery, as we were about to drive away in the new MDX, that the keyless remotes would not lock or unlock the doors. The pre-purchase inspection had completely missed this, and it turned out not to be a simple problem. By then, it was after hours, and the service department was closed. The options offered were 1) accept the car with the problem, then bring it back for repair, 2) drive our old trade-in car home and come back when the MDX was fixed, or 3) void out the whole deal. No loaner was offered (service department had gone home), nor could they get us a rental. The Internet Sales Guy remained very courteous and professional, and continued to try to figure out the problem, while the Sales Manager adopted a brusque "take it or leave it" attitude.

With my very hungry and tired wife and daughter waiting, and a two-hour drive ahead of us, I reluctantly agreed to take the MDX and then get it repaired at a dealer close to my home. I did not feel very good driving home with a new car that was already known have problems.

The next day, the Internet Sales guy came to work on his day off to get an appt. set up with my local dealer. The Service mgr also called to make sure it was getting worked out.

So, the followup was good - but the problem was completely avoidable in the first place. Further, you would think a big dealership would have a loaner available for the unforeseen problems that can arise when the sales staff stays around after hours to complete deals.

As I write this, my new MDX sits at a local dealer awaiting pickup tomorrow. The problem was said to be the master door-locking unit. Hopefuly, this is the end of the problem. If not, I will report back.
  • marualmoyomarualmoyo Member Posts: 3
    Recently bought an '05 MDX. Shopped at the Gary Force Acura in Nashville. Also looked online at other dealers. Gary Force did not want to meet price offered by another dealer elsewhere by kept on being persistent. When I told them already bought elsewhere, they called the other dealer up and gave them a hard time. What does that say about Acura and it's dealers.