Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• eddiemaceddiemac Member Posts: 141
    My wife purchased her MDX out of state in 2003. We live in Washington DC, and we purchased it from a dealer in Columbus, Ohio. At the time, DC area dealers were only reducing the sticker price $1000. The dealer in Ohio was close to 2k off. We communicated by phone and e-mail. He sent us the paperwork by fed-ex, and he delivered the car to our front door for no charge. Once we received the MDX, he received the check. We went to the DC DMV and registered the car ourselves. A very smooth, straightforward deal, no drawbacks.(note- go to post #564 in this forum, i discuss the whole deal)
  • tlgelawlortlgelawlor Member Posts: 19
    Thank you so much for this information. Very helpful. I've contacted a couple out of state dealers and have received some good prices, just hesitant to pull the trigger without knowing the pitfalls. Thanks again.
  • smokymoutainssmokymoutains Member Posts: 1
    We want to buy 2 MDX. Saw a post that Marine Accura is pretty good. We decided to take a look. It turned out to be the worst experience even though I am first time buyer. I don't want to deal with them anymore. Here are 2 tricks they used.
    1. Called them, gave them a price quoto we researched from this forum. They said it is OK. Then we drove there: took about 1.5 hours and $8 passing 2 bridges. Another sales man showed up and told us we didn't settle with a number, they cannot accept the number we thought OK during phone negotiation. Now we are here. They achived their purpose.
    2. They showed us MDX touring with the color we wanted. We write down clearly in the paper: we want 2 MDX tourings and started to negotiate. Final price is $31600. Seems we got a very good deal. It's until we got the final step of finance that my friend feel something is not right and requested to take a final look at the car. I was almost fooled, but my friend's wife found out the car location was different than where it was originally located. They were showing us the base models instead of MDX touring. I suddenly realized the car he was trying to sell me is base model. He was trying to replace touring models we requested with base models. We are extremely angry. They cannot do sneaky business like this. The irony is: I alreay negotiated basemodel price on the phone before I came. It turns out we wasted a whole afternoon to get a price for a base model above what I negotiated on the phone. We were outraged and left them immediately.
    IMO, avoid them by all means. They are not honest. If they don't agree with the price we offered for the touring, they can refuse. They instead use basemodels and want to cheat us. Although the price is good for a basemodel also, we just cannot accept they unhonesty.
  • oraclesamyoraclesamy Member Posts: 8
    I did exactly the opposite of what eddiemac did..

one month back I got my 2006 touring from DC and I live in columbus.....I picked it up from DC and registered in Columbus..no issues it's all straight forward.
  • needacar2000needacar2000 Member Posts: 8
    From Arlington Acura In Palatine.
    I think you may get better price because there is $3000 incentives which is $500 more than I got.
  • erick2001erick2001 Member Posts: 2
    I got my mdx 06 Yesterday I paid 39300 on the road w/ running boars,i pod link, rubber mats, body molding, paint protection and tire protection it looks great.
  • goldstar4goldstar4 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for info. I was trying for $36K since there is additional $500 incentive from manufacturer.
  • erick2001erick2001 Member Posts: 2
    I just got my mdx 06, 2 day ago I paid 39800 on the road w/ navi, running boards ,body molding, i pod link and all weather mats. It looks great specially because of the price.
  • speedwgn1speedwgn1 Member Posts: 10
    I've been quoted MSRP less $500 on 07 MDX. I'm sure another couple of hundred could be easily taken off.

BTW, what do you think is a good price for an 06 MDX w/Nav+DVD?

Thanks
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    if you consider some recent posts here plus the fact that the '07 MDX has significant improvements over the '06 then I'd say the '06, what's left of them, should be selling for a couple grand under invoice.

For the '07's you've got to pay top dollar until the newness wears off.
    Has anyone heard if the dealer incentive will be continued in November? I went in to buy mine on the 31st only to have the dealer renege on the deal we had struck. I walked out. I'm hoping one of the other dealers I had been working with will still honor their prices and have inventory. I won't be able to get out to another dealer until next week.
    Manufacturer to Dealer

This is what mentioned on edmonds website....
    Restrictions None.
    Comments Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.
  • inform_meinform_me Member Posts: 18
    I have been trying to get a 2006 MDX touring in DFW area. The max discount is 3K below invoice.

Since the discounts have been increasing, does it make sense to wait till Dec end to get something close to 30K?

If I buy a new 2006 MDX in 2007, will any dealer reduce the depreciation amount in the total price?

I request comments/opinions from other experienced folks on this forum. Folks in Houston area have reported newspaper ads for 30K on 2006 MDX Touring (not sure if it is a demo).

Does anyone know if the wait till year-end/newyear may get a 10k less MSRP (from previous year's experiences?
  • mpdreamermpdreamer Member Posts: 6
    Is there anyone who has bought a 2007 MDX in California? Are there any discounts off MSRP, or are the dealers selling them at or above MSRP?

Also what are the factor rates and 3-year residuals for leasing a 2007 MDX with Tech and Entertainment pkgs? Thx! :)
  • automoblogautomoblog Member Posts: 6
    I just visited my local dealer to purchase an 07 MDX. I have purchased many (over 20) Acura/Honda vehicles and for the first time I am finding an invoice price 4K over MSRP. I find this ridiculous, especially considering in 04 we purchased the very high demand VW Touareg V10 for MSRP. Are other areas seeing this?
  • jsgbjsgb Member Posts: 12
    I purchased an 07 MDX last Monday and paid MSRP. You should be able to find one for MSRP and maybe even lower....but you may have to wait on a list. I got on the list two months ago. The 4K over MSRP was likely for people who want one and don't want to wait. As for the O7.....my wife loves it....what an improvement over our 02 MDX in handling, power, fit/finish, "fun to drive factor", technology, etc. Freeway driving at 90+ mph seems like 70mph....I am going to get a few tickets.
  • sgrodzsgrodz Member Posts: 8
    You most likely will not ever get 10K off the sticker price for a 06' MDX . . there is just not that much room. I believe that the 06' MDX still has $3500 dealer cash back. Just take the $3500 off invoice and that would be a good price.(It will never go any lower . . trust me) If you wait until Dec, there may not be any new 06' MDX's left . . remember, once there gone, they're gone . . good luck.
  • charles12charles12 Member Posts: 79
    You should be able to get 2006 MDX at $3000 + MRSP*3% =~ $4200 below invoice from dealers in tri-state area (need more information? post your request).

Base model: ~$30300
    Touring model: $32600
    Distination included)

Good Luck.
  • onenaronenar Member Posts: 2
    It was not too bad. Initially we opted to get the base model at $30,350. The day when we went to pick up this vehicle, we noticed there were couple of dents and scratches on the vehicle so we refused to drive the car home. We then hand picked another vehicle on the lot and it turned out to be a Touring model. We only had to pay the difference of the invoice prices between the two models, so the final price is $32,850+TTL for a MDX Touring. The car has only 9 miles on it and we are glad to get the Touring over the base model. The only bad thing is we have to go back there the second day to pick up the vehicle.
  • consolasconsolas Member Posts: 6
    I live in tri-state area and am looking to buy a 06 MDX. Could you please post more information on the dealerships that can offer this kind of price?

Thanks a lot!
  • eastwingeastwing Member Posts: 78
    Do you know if dealers in tri-state area deliver out-of-state? I live in Midwest and could not find a deal that is close to what you describe - 4200 below invoice.

Thanks for your help.

Eastwing
    Buy a new car and go to ebay to find a car transportation company such as DAS. The transportation will cost you around $500 (use your own insurance). The dealer and the transportation company will work together to ship your car, most dealer know how to do this, since they also sell used cars on ebay.
    Try Sussman interent sales.

They give price $30800 for base model a couple of months ago ($2500 market supporting at that time).

Post your experience here.
    Thanks for the quick response. I've submitted a request for quote on their website. I'll post a followup once they get back to me.
  • sonytsonyt Member Posts: 1
    consolas,can you post name of the delearship.I want to get a quote on 06-Nav+ent package.Thanks.
  • kmurali701kmurali701 Member Posts: 1
    hi all,
    i called up a local dealer in the new england area and asked if he had a mdx premium black on saddle available. i negotiated on saturday, went to the dealership and had a deal for 31,250 and he charged 500$ on my credit card. Now on monday he says only a black on black is available or if i do not want to take it he will not credit the 500$ back.
    What should i do. any of u had a similar experience.
    DO NOT WORRY about the charge. You should and can get it back.

Call your credit card company and cancel it. The buttom line is:

1. You did not get the product
    2. You did not get the service.

A friend of mine had the same situiation as you, she got the money back by the credit card company, although the car dealer said that they would not return the money. In her sitituation, nothing was wrong with the dealer but simply she changed her mind.
    Hi Kmurali,

Sorry to hear what had happened to you. Don't worry, you should be able to get the money back no problem. Just call your credit company and explain the situation and they will sort it out with the dealership.

Do you mind sharing the name of the dealership? This way all of us can beware of this kind of tricks they play.
    It is Sussman Acura. They offer very competitive quote.
  • tribomems06tribomems06 Member Posts: 6
    In Chicago area. Talked with 8 dealers. Finally got a Touring model with side step, real spoiler, all weather floor mats and cargo net for 34500. Base model is about 31000. Will pick it up this Saturday.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A national newspaper is looking to interview consumers who have recently (within the past three months) purchased an SUV and crossover because of its optional or standard third-row seating. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 10, 2006 by 2:00 PM PST/5:00 EST containing your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

So what is the price they offered to you?

You promised to post it here.
  • x5killerx5killer Member Posts: 368
    what is the best price you can get right now on 07 mdx with tech package
  • dogwhistledogwhistle Member Posts: 17
    I just put down a refundable deposit last night on an Aspen White with Parchment Tech w/Ent that is due in in ten days from the factory. The MSRP was $46,365. The best I could do after about 2 hrs of discussion was:

1) MSRP -$500
    2) Dealer's $399 "processing fee" waived.
    3) Automatic day/night mirror thrown in at no charge.

So, I guess that's about $1270 less than if I just walked in and said "I'll take it!", and frankly that is just a drop in the bucket on a $46K vehicle. But chalk up one little moral victory to at least not paying the entire MSRP! By the way, I'm a member of COSTCO, they referred me to a different dealer about 3hrs away who said the COSTCO deal was MSRP -$500 with no dealer fees. I was at least able to match that at the dealer 5 mi from my house in Newport News, VA.

Good luck!
  • bmwx5leaserbmwx5leaser Member Posts: 7
    I have an offer for Acura MDX 2006 with Entertainment and Navigation for 36092. Is it a good price?

thanks
    Here is the quote:

Premium $29,961.00
    Touring $32,419.00
    I have an offer for Acura MDX 2006 with Entertainment and Navigation for 36092. Is it a good price?
  • simon100simon100 Member Posts: 1
    This offer is $3800 under invoice! Frankel Acura in Towson, MD is offering $2000 under invoice. Where is your dealer located?
  • acura2006acura2006 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Consolas,

Where did you get this quote from?

Thanks
  • netprowlernetprowler Member Posts: 2
    Could any one post recent MDX 2006 purchasing information in Houston, Austin or San Antonio aera dealership?

Thanks
  • whadzinanamewhadzinaname Member Posts: 1
    I paid $32500 on road for a 2006 Base MDX w/roof rack, cargo mat and wheel locks in the Philly area. Taxes for Philly are 6%. So I paid a little less than $30500 + tax and title.
    The dealership gave me a quote on the internet with a condition that I need to buy from Dealer stock. When I went there, he said that he does not any vehicle in the stock. So he cannot honor the deal. Very unscrupulous behavior - Avoid FirstAcura - Seekonk, MA. He agreed for $37492.
    The dealership gave me a quote on the internet with a condition that I need to buy from Dealer stock. When I went there, he said that he does not any vehicle in the stock. So he cannot honor the deal. Very unscrupulous behavior - Avoid FirstAcura - Seekonk, MA.
    Finally agreed on 37492. Not worth it any more.
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    Inked a deal yesterday on an MDX w/ sport & ent. Depending on where you look for my trade ins value (KBB,Edmunds), I paid MSRP to -$1000 off sticker (is my trade-in "outstanding" or just "good"?!?!). Picking it up Wed. eve and will be sure to keep the boards updated.
    I have one offer for $36300 (including destn) for a "demo" 2006 MDX with nav+DVD and 1000 miles on it. There are no other accessories. The dealer is in CA. Is it a good price? Thanks in advance for your valuable input.
  • mdx10mdx10 Member Posts: 1
    Where is it?
    was it include destination charge?
    I got 33500 w/dest. for touring model. And they say they are willing to match if i print out bettet offer.
    I'm in Long Island.
    Give me more info.
    Thanks.
    You might try Curry Acura in Scarsdale, NY. I contacted them via the internet and they gave me a price of 33000 including destination for the 06 Touring (that was at the end of October). Then on 11/14 they emailed me an ad listing the 2006 MDX Touring for 32699. According to their online inventory they still have a good stock of 2006 models. I ended up going with a local dealer (Chicago area) and paying 33278 since they had the exact color combo I wanted. Hope that helps.
  • x5killerx5killer Member Posts: 368
    whats the best price ppl are getting on 07 mdx. one with just tech package if need specific. but in general how much below msrp if any. I'm waiting until i can get for invoice but just wondering if anyone getting close to that now.
  • kristaandersonkristaanderson Member Posts: 1
    I'd contact the Attorney General for your state and let the dealer know you contacted him/her. They won't want to deal with that, especially if you have an AG that would like to make an example of the car industry for future campaigning (Spitzer did this with ins. companies in NY and just won the governor's seat). Usually, you can contact them online on the AG site. We just contacted our AG because Circuit City wasn't honoring a warranty contract, and Circuit City's legal dept. contacted us right away. Hopefully, you have something in writing to help back it up. And they wonder why car dealerships have such a bad name! Best of luck.
  • dandgdandg Member Posts: 91
    please let me know where you end up buying and best price.I am looking in NH and trading in a 04 RX330.Willing to go to MA like I did for the Lexus
    thanks
    dandg