Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jimjackjimjack Member Posts: 43
    deichel,
    As each day goes by, you should be getting better and better deals.
    At the time, just 10 days back, I had likely the best deal one could get.
    your invoice as you have it listed is $41,425.00.
    Aside from the accessories, you should pay no more than 200 over this invoice. Look at the cost of those accessories I listed a couple of postings back and get the same. Labor is nearly 135.00 per hour in California. forget the labor, get the items at cost period.. They'll do this.
    Granted, I had a check for 30K as my down and showed I was damn serious. But, wether or not you had 10K or 30K as a down, shouldn't keep the deal from happening. There are other dealers available.
  • kuchizukekuchizuke Member Posts: 4
    I couldn't wait anymore - broke down and got it yesterday. I paid $43,850 drive out for the Tech in Nimbus Gray. Included in this price is 4 years of free oil and filter changes, and free car washes for as long as I own the car. They also threw in front window tinting, all weather floor mats and cargo tray for free. You think I got a good deal for the Houston market?
  • kirwankirwan Member Posts: 1
    I paid $43,334 for a Nimbus Grey MDX Tech & Entertainment with Roof Rack, Cross Bars & Sidesteps at Pohanka Acura in Chantilly. If you go there, make sure you negotiate an out-the-door price because they have a $300 processing fee.
  • pettiskpettisk Member Posts: 8
    I bought a brand new 2007 MDX (Tech. and Entertain.)back in March for $43,000, and I liked it so much that I am now looking to trade in my 2005 black/black TL (w/navigation), which is in at least "good" condition, perhaps "excellent" condition. A dealer offered to sell a demo tech./entertain. with 4,200 miles on it for $41,000, and he offered to value the trade in at $23,000 (my TL has 35K miles on it, with navigation system).

What do you guys think? I plan to negotiate anyway, but how far do you think I should go, seeing as though from what I can tell, the demo with 4,100 miles should be worth around $42,500 and the TL should be traded in at about $23,000 (based on my research on edmunds and kelley blue book)?

Thanks,

PK
  • kindckindc Member Posts: 1
    this forum has really helped and thanks to everyone who shares info.
    i'm looking at an MDX base for $500 over invoice plus processing ($95) and destination ($670), including free loaner when i come in for service (very valuable to me), free carwashes for life (valuable or a throw-away?) and free all-weather mats ($190 list), cargo liner ($300 list), wheel locks ($100 list), all of which I really want. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • yeetnduneryeetnduner Member Posts: 3
    just had a deal earlier today 07/11/07 at ramsey, nj acura dealer

black / black
    sport + entertainment
    +
    remote car start
    body side molding
    chrome side step ........ 45,300 ( this is package + access )

all in all, my drive out price is 48,997.

so what do you guys think?
  • avgjagavgjag Member Posts: 3
    You may also want to try Piazza Acura in West Chester. Just picked up a Tech & Ent for $42,100 plus the destination. Negotiated on the accessories (side moldings, moonroof visor, sport steps) and they threw in a cargo cover, wheel locks and cargo net for free. Good luck!
  • qingqing Member Posts: 2
    Jim, Thank you very much! This is very helpful! Qing
  • norisekipsnorisekips Member Posts: 5
    Hi kuchizuke - did you purchase the car from john eagle? i think they are the only ones to do the free car washes and oil changes for 4 years. i think they are also the only ones who tint the front two windows for all of their mdx's as a standard.

If i did the math right, you essentially bought the car for $853.25 over invoice. If you add up the two accessories at $135 each, that reduces your price to $583.06 over invoice (excellent deal). The four years of car washes and oil changes is standard and it sounds like the tinting is used as a bargaining chip (nice that they didn't charge you for it - I think it's a $200 value).

Invoice: $40,203 (including destination)
    TTL: $2613.20 (6.25% tax + .25% dealer tax)
    Documentation Fees: $180.55
    Invoice + TTL + Documentation: $42,996.75

Tinting: $198.00 market value
    Cargo Cover: $135.00 market value
    All Season Mats: $135.00 market value

Your price: $43,850

Price paid over invoice without counting the accessories: $853.25. And, if you include 2 accessories and the market price for tinting, it's $385.25 which is an excellent value for Houston

What interior color did you end up going with?
  • kuchizukekuchizuke Member Posts: 4
    norisekips: you are correct, i did buy from john eagle. i had the best experience dealing with them. they were very courteous, professional and true to their word.

sterling mccall offered to match at $43,500 drive out, but w/o any accesories or extras. they were a day late in that offer, and we had already gotten our car.

champion didn't have any techs available, so we had very limited conversation.

gillman was the most unprofessional of all the dealerships. you were right- the internet sales guy was very lazy and rude. i even e-mailed their sales manager twice, telling them i had an offer, and gave them an opportunity to match or beat it. you would think they would have the common courtesy to at least e-mail me back! the company i work for is a part of an "auto discount plan" where employees talk to managers directly, and can get discounts through the program. gillman was the only dealership that was a part of this program, so i tried to deal with the manager responsible for that program. he was very unprofessional and unresponsive - i was sorely disappointed - not what i expected from a luxury car dealership.

all in all, i had an easy experience negotiating (started negotiations on Friday, and got the car on Monday). i would have liked to get it at invoice, but i've had my eye on the MDX for over 7 months, that i just could'nt wait anymore, especially after the financing special started. i feel like i got the best deal possible at this time, and it's a price i can live with, so i'm very happy.

btw, i got the taupe interior. i hear that darker leathers show wear faster, and in the houston sun, i am very hesitant in getting any dark colors.

thanks for everyone's input- this forum was very educational and has helped me get a great deal!
  • erichilderichild Member Posts: 4
    All,

Been quoted Raw Invoice of $42,444 for a 2007 Tech/Ent in Washington. Also been told 2008 will be produced from 1st August and available mid-month. No base price change.

What are your views on getting the 2008 (better RV) or trying to haggle down on a 2007 close out? What should be the price difference I target? Thoughts appreciated.
  • dms9dms9 Member Posts: 137
    Do you know what changes there will be for '08
  • rzepa1rzepa1 Member Posts: 55
    Hi all

I would like to buy 2006 or newer MDC on 30K budget + TTL. I see some dealerships around me asking 31-34K for pre-driven or off the lease. I am going to be coming with financing in place. Do I have a chance to meet my budget ?
  • cvistacvista Member Posts: 54
    Acura website now has 2008 RL/TL and TSX info.
    RDX/MDX should show up before August
  • alusakalusak Member Posts: 2
    Hi Kirwan,
    I believe you got a good deal. Is $43,334 includes sales tax? Can you please send me the sales person name to my email sunilkag at gmail dot com. Thanks for your help in advance.
  • net2net_99net2net_99 Member Posts: 17
    Hi,
    I have been quoted 37,500 on internet for base MDX model in Central NJ. This includes Destination charges but everything else (Tax, Title, Registration, Doc fees etc) is extra. My questions are:
    1. Is this a good deal? If not, roughly how much should be my target for sale price of the car?
    2. Should I wait till August for a better deal when 2008 models supposedly start making it to the lots or you guys think it may not make much difference but in fact may make it harder with less inventory?

Please advise. Thanks.
    less than 36,800 ( including dest) is a good deal in NJ these days.
  • lynnrileylynnriley Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking in the Chicago area. Can anyone give me an idea of current pricing on the base model, and the sport model? Can someone give me a recommendation between the two? Thanks.
  • net2net_99net2net_99 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks. I am still trying for an out the door price of 39K for base MDX.
    Anyone here thinks I should wait till towards the end of the month for the best deal? Any input from your experience/knowledge would be really helpful.
  • testengineertestengineer Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone,

I'm negotiating with a dealer here in the bay area for an 07 MDX with Sport & Entertainment Package plus other options installed(roof rail,front and rear lower garnish,sport running board,wheel locks and side body molding).
    The car without the options is $44,700 and with the options installed it's $46,245. Taxes, title and registration excluded. Do you guys think this is a good deal or should I just negotiate the price of the car and buy/install the options elsewhere? I got a quote from a guy who can do the install for about $475. Any comments would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Cris
    The only true difficulty I see in some of this would be any warranty coverage when the extra accessories are installed by others and your ability to go back on a quality issue. I live in the bay area. Was able to get the Tech/sport w/o the Ent pkg. Your invoice should be $43,326.... The cost of most of your extras are: running boards (567), roof rack w/ cross bars (567), towing (912), I can't help you with the others. Your TT&L should be around 9.4%. I'm able to talk to if you want to.. I was able to get thevehicle for 200 over with all my accesories @ cost. I happen to get the cost figures from another dealer in Fairfield.
    I did pick mine up form the Pleasanton dealer. I was 100% prepared with all my numbers. you can secure you own extra waranty elsewhere @ 1,150 vs. their 2,250.
    I would have to think that you could get the 07 for under invoice at this point. The 08 is on their porch and they have inventory in excess..

Jim
    Hey Jim,

Here's the price of the car based on edmunds and parts from hondacuraworld.com:

43,995(inclunding 670 destination charge:
    1. Roof Rails 175.50
    2. Front Lower Garnish 206.55
    3. Rear Lower Garnish 221.40
    4. Sport Running Boards 452.25
    5. Wheel Locks 63.70
    6. Side Body Molding 181.00
    Total for parts without install is $1300.40 and total for car and parts is $45,295.40. The best offer the dealer has give me is a thousand over this. So you think I could get closer to invoice?
  • hrayhray Member Posts: 4
    What would be considered a good price on a 07 Sport MDX? I currently have a offer for $43,995
    Again, if you choose to install yourself, then go with that idea. Can you buy the extras at the price you have posted through honda? Anf if you have an installer available then I'd go that way. the main waranty items will come from the mechanical and technical side.
    the car is available at at least 200 over in the pleasanton location with you being stron with your presentation and numbers in hand. Do you have the other dealer's quote over the email process? if so then print it and take it to another dealer.
    The 1000 over is nuts. Fairfeild Acura will go at least 300 over and will install the extras you mentioned at the costs I posted.
    What dealer gave you that idea?
    I would press very hard on the invoice idea and no more.

Have you sought pricing via the internet and have you recieved any replies from the internet Manager?
    It is their that i got my pricing.. Fairfield replied with the numbers that equiped me with my amunition to hit up Pleasanton..
    I looked at 2008 MDX brochure today in NJ. Unfortunately it was just for color choices. They are dropping the Aberdeen Green and adding a new color.

The dealer stated that they will start seeing 2008 MDX in a couple of months and the ONLY change is Auto dimming mirror as standard.

Not sure how true it is but may be he is right because he did have a 2008 brochure.
  • jassjass Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a MDX w/technology package and would like to know what is considered a good deal in the KC area. Thanks in advance!
    Thanks for the advice Jim. I'll be sure to follow the suggestions you have stated in your response.
  • daveleidavelei Member Posts: 3
    2007 MDX with Tech Pack + running board, wheel lock, cargo cover & tray
    $40,200 + $670(Distination) + $95(Processing Fee) + Tags + Tax

Can someone tell me if it is a good price?
  • carpcosmeticcarpcosmetic Member Posts: 2
    great price, where did you get it?
  • cal_doodcal_dood Member Posts: 8
    I'm also in the same boat - in market for a CPO MDX '04 or later MDX with budget around $27K in the New England region.

A dealer in Boston had a 05 base model with 17K miles and would not come less than $29.5K over email.

This thread seems to be dedicated to new MDX's. Maybe we need to start another one for CPO?

While talking to a dealer - he said if we were interested in a new 07 - he could offer the base model close to invoice - which is $35-36K. Hope this helps the people shopping for new ones.
  • daveleidavelei Member Posts: 3
    I got the price from Rosenthal Acura (Gaithersburg Maryland)
  • rzepa1rzepa1 Member Posts: 55
    I am around Chicago. I test drove 07 last weekend which I liked. There are not deals as sales guy said invetory is low and will sell out. The lowest sticker I have seen was over 37K.

On Sun. I went over to another dealer who has more CPO models on the lot and leave some of them open door on the lot (dealer is closed on Sun). I have sit in some 05 and 06s with sticker price over 35K. I am not sure if I would spent so much on 2-3 year old car.

For the moment I decided to fix my old GM car and see what happens with the 06 prices when 08 show up.
  • scottn1scottn1 Member Posts: 5
    This forum has proven to be very informative. What would a good starting point be, invoice price, for a 2007 MDX w/ Tech, or a 2007 with Tech & Ent? I've had a so-so experience with a few Acura dealers here in Seattle, if anyone has any recommendations i'm all ears.

Thanks!
    Check more dealers. 07 MDX is selling for invoice for a long time. Don't trust the dealer. He will say anything to rip you off.

You can easily get a 07 for invoice.
  • scottn1scottn1 Member Posts: 5
    Where in WA? I live in Seattle and i'm looking for a 2007 Tech/Ent. I'm looking at Bellevue and Lynwood Acura now, 42,444 is not bad, i'm shopping around ~42K right now.
  • kmallkmall Member Posts: 6
    got a quote in Maryland for MDX with Tech package for 39,850. Feedback on whether this is a good price would be much appreciated.
    include dest or not
    not including destination
  • pepsipesipepsipesi Member Posts: 5
    Hello get_an_mdx,

Do you mind to give me the internet sales person contact info? Also does the sales person give you price quotes on base model?

pepsipesi@yahoo.com
    39500 is a good price.
  • ucscucsc Member Posts: 48
    Hi Kmall,

Great price! Could you please email me the dealership name and sale person to me tempusage03@yahoo.com? Thanks!

UCSC
    you got it. Thank you as well cvista
  • andy300mandy300m Member Posts: 95
    I am in WA state as well and got a dealer to agree to $800 over invoice for tech package. No dealer installed extras. Good deal or not? Should I try to get them to throw in the protection package for free or am I going to kill the deal by doing that?
  • viocynviocyn Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a MDX with Sport and Ent Package in Southern CA. I'm interested in knowing if anyone knows any dealer who would give it under $44K?

Or I would like to know what would be the reasonable price?

Thanks a lot, guys.
  • andy300mandy300m Member Posts: 95
    What kind of pricing are people getting with costco auto purchase program? Please let me know ASAP, heading out to see more dealers this evening!
  • gsxr750gsxr750 Member Posts: 5
    kmall

Can you send the dealership and person you dealt with to my email also.
    Thanks in advance
    gsxrider42@hotmail.com
  • machitmachit Member Posts: 3
    Thanks avgjag, does the $42,100 price include accessories?
  • gubfgubf Member Posts: 2
    hi kjm11379, did you pay documentation fee or any other fees? what's your OTD price?
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    I am getting prices on the Honda Pilot from between 23000 to $29000 on the EX-l navi model. I know the MDX is more car but is it $12000 more car? Does it handle that well?

--jjf

I am in WA state as well and got a dealer to agree to $800 over invoice for tech package. No dealer installed extras. Good deal or not? Should I try to get them to throw in the protection package for free or am I going to kill the deal by doing that?
    Please refer to the posting the Testengineer wrote along with my posting on July 14th. This will assist you with your accessories to put on the MDX once you have chosen the model which appears to be the TECH,Sport,Ent pkg.
    This invoices (without any added extra) for 43,326 plus the destination charges of 670. This comes to 43,996.
    Do not play with any attempt of theirs that suggest processing fees. Your cost is invoice+ destination fees + applicable sales tax,tile, and registration (about 9.4%).
    this should be close to 48,132.00 OTD.
    Avoid ant tries to get them to budge on the warranty items. You're better off getting a booklet on their services and parts from the counter at zero extra cost to you. I would also make sure you get a loaner at any time you have your car in for service and try for lifetime oil changes or at least 8 of them. These MDX's don't require a change for the first 8K miles.
    Jim