Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• edean25edean25 Member Posts: 4
    which dealer did you get the $41k price from?
  • chris_kchris_k Member Posts: 4
    Edean25,

I don't think you understand how the pricing works. A Philly dealer does not care how much a Chicago dealer will sell an MDX. The Philly dealer knows that if you spend $ to have the car shipped to you or buy a plane ticket to go to Chicago to pick up the car then you are eating into your savings and it would be too much hassle for a person to save a couple of hundred dollars.

There might be other factors that you do not know, for example maybe the Chicago dealer had 4 or 5 of that particular color combo and offered a better deal than if the dealer had only one of that combo. Acura production is down and Acura has not had strong sales all year yet the most they are willing to do is $2000 cash back to dealer and maybe special financing depending on the month. Even after a disasterous quarter that ended in March they were not willing to kick off the spring season with a new incentive. Acura will not eat into their margins and start giving away cars. They will keep the supply limited so that they will not depress prices. Look at the Lexus boards and you will see that Lexus is doing the opposite and giving lots of cash back but Acura is not.

Two years ago if you wanted an MDX you would have paid sticker plus some additional. In October of last year you would have been getting about $2500 off of sticker. Now you can get invoice price, plus the dealer's $2000 back and maybe an option or two. That is a great deal and since we have never seen Acura give $5k cash back to consumer like an American auto company would do it is historically a good deal as well.
  • edean25edean25 Member Posts: 4
    sorry, I don't remember asking for your opinion. Before you start writing a book, maybe you should learn a bit more about my situation.
  • x5killerx5killer Member Posts: 368
    i got the 41,340 from Sussman which was supposedly invoice minus the 2k dealer incentive which goes the rest of this month. but they dont have many left at all and they wont go below that so screw them. If i get one at this point, i'll drive down to Maryland 2hrs which is no problem to get one for considerably less. $20 in gas tops, a nice ride and save like 3k.
  • mlinnymlinny Member Posts: 6
    Is the 2K dealer incentive still in effect for April and can it be combined with the 3.9% financing?
  • salsacuteysalsacutey Member Posts: 3
    hi Dupree,
    which dealer did you get that deal from, where are they located?
  • gco13gco13 Member Posts: 23
    I was told at the dealership this week that yes Acura extended the 2k dealer cash AND it can now be combined with the 3.9 financing which it could not before.

I ended up purchasing a 2008 sport ent coming off dealer loaner with 12k miles for 35K.

Thanks to everyone for all their help and contributions over the past few months. Good luck to all those still searching.
  • uvasauvasa Member Posts: 26
    Hi Steve194

Would you be able to send me copy of this invoice. I am trying to get one in NY Metro and they are stuck at $ 36000, which I know is too high. Maybe I can show your invoice (you can black out your personal info) to put some intelligence into the dealership :)
  • ny2104ny2104 Member Posts: 5
    edean, I bought a Tech/Ent on Mar 21 from Lehigh Valley Acura in Emmaus that included sport running boards, roof rails, cross bars, and wheel locks for $41,900+ttl. Entire deal done through e-mail and they were $850 less than the closest bid in the Philly area. Internet Sales Manager was very good to work with.
  • jackglassjackglass Member Posts: 11
    Is $42,000 (excludes everything) for MDX Sports and Entertainment a good price?
  • drmom09drmom09 Member Posts: 7
    In AZ no one wants to go below 36,500...I don't need to buy now so I'm waiting to see if they want to strike a deal for $35,000. Steve, is your MDX a new 2008 or 2009? I read somewhere there is $4000 off leftover 2008s. I agree about buying a base model - I don't need the nav and if I did I'd use something that can be updated or replaced as improvements develop.
  • frankf2frankf2 Member Posts: 17
    Hi Guys,

Any idea of MDX Tech and Ent price recently in Boston area? I am waiting for decent price offer of $40k. Dealers offer is approaching this number, but not touch down yet. Agree with with "X5killer", $40k is the bottom line to think about since the bad economy and not cheerful MPG when you ride on for next five or ten years.

Please heads up if you live in Boston area and plan to buy in the near future. We may get good deal as a group buying.
    Frankf2,

I have been actively in contact with dealers in and around boston since December. I was nearing the end of my lease and started looking a little early. The best deal I negotiated on a new tech/ent anywhere near boston is at Acura of Boston. The price is 40,100 not including destination. Talk to Peter Matton. My guess is that if you were at the table and ready to sign papers you could probably get this down a couple hundred more. I made it very clear that if I could get down to 40k including destination I was ready to sign a long time ago but I was not able to get that price. If you can get there then all the power to you. It would be awesome.

Good luck! I hope you are able to get that price.
    I live in Queens, NY. Anyone interested in a group purchase? I'm looking at MDX Sport/Entertainment. My target price is $41,000
  • khoalabear74khoalabear74 Member Posts: 1
    Found a 2007 MDX Tech with 26,000 miles listed for $28,999 in FL. I did an edmunds TMV and they listed this one for about $31,997 so i think it's a pretty good deal, right? How much more do you guys think i can negotiate down to? Thanks!
  • mannynmannyn Member Posts: 7
    If you guys are looking to buy any Acura model in NJ , i would not recommend
    East Brunswick. I bought MDX 10 days back, still running around dealer for couple of issues. Sales person was good before i made the deal but after sales service is worst.
  • jyao888jyao888 Member Posts: 32
    I am wondering it's reachable price for Sport +ent.
    I was offered sport 41k. Dealer said they will not give you DVD for free.
    What? Are you saying 41k is not a reachable price for sport/entertainment? Which dealership did you go to?
    What is Marketing Support? I see Acura is offering $2000 Marketing Support. start: 03/03/2009 end: 05/04/2009
  • p_mdxp_mdx Member Posts: 2
    For those wishing to buy in or around DC metro area, I just bought a new MDX Tech with DVD Ent for 41.9K on road (includes everything ... VA taxes etc etc...). Also the dealership gave me free oil change for 40k/5yrs and free all season floor mats. Ofcourse 2.9/3.9% financing should be standard everywhere.
    Thanks,
    P
  • mlinnymlinny Member Posts: 6
    I am not able to get a quote below $37,300 on Long Island. Anyone else having any luck? I would think that I would be able to get between $35-$36K.
    gco13,

Thanks for your infor, Are you still looking for better offers around or have been done. The destination fee in Boston area is about $600? So if we could join together in front of the table. It is more likely to nail this price down easier. Also I need good rate for two to three years financing. I briefly talked to a dealer two months ago, He said it is possible of 40K offer but have to wait for a couple of months. So I know it is a timing and get more buyer together and get the best offer we expect.

Hope more Bostonia join this MDX tech+ent hunting mission!
  • cmikefishercmikefisher Member Posts: 9
    Offered a 2009 MDX sport+ent for 42k even in Springfield, NJ. The price is about 1K lower than any other dealer is willing to go in the area, but they don't have my color (I'm buying, not leasing). Thoughts on the deal?
  • jephyboy1jephyboy1 Member Posts: 13
    P MDX,

Which dealer did you use? What was the price paid for the Tech/Ent without adding va taxes, destination, doc, etc? I'm going to buy a tech or a sport in about 2 wks in the DC area and you pricing could help me negotiate. Thanks.
  • p_mdxp_mdx Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I purchased at Radley in Fallschurch. Pardon me, but I am not sure about the breakup but I paid 41.9 on road as stated above, but to help you, I think VA state taxes are about 3.8% and few other fee might be in there as well like govt document fee etc.. Honestly, I negotiated on the road price all the way thru emails, thus I didnt check the breakup. I even asked my sales person whether I can tell my friends or others who are willing to purchase at this price and he was little hesitant but said he would honor the price. Anyway if you want his name, I can IM you privately as its not allowed to post names in here. Overall, it was smooth transaction as I did everything thru emails. All I did in the dealership was to pick a color and complete financing formalities.
    Also if you want to purchase, do it by end of Apr-30 as the dealer cashback incentive of $2000 from Acura currently is only valid for this month. I am sure they will extend but why take a chance.
    Txs.
  • bgardinerbgardiner Member Posts: 19
    Bought from Dave white acura in Toledo Ohio. 40698.38. Not a horrible price at all.
    I was offered the same price. Does your price include destination? Mine does not.
    Yep that includes destination
    Frankf2 - I ended up going with a 2008 sport ent.
  • jim35jim35 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks to Steve194's post we also got a new MDX base at Butler Acura in Ashland, OR, ours was higher at $34,598 + $50 title and registration processing fee, slightly less than we paid for our 01 MDX base. They included the all weather mats, the rear cargo cover and the rear cargo mat. They said some one is flying in from Utah to pick up a burgundy red base today and they still have a black base model left

The dealership had put 175 miles on it in order to keep the battery charged during the 6+months that it sat there. Probably good for the tires too....

Much nicer drive than our 200l MDX ,but will miss the always on compass (no compass at all :cry:) and mpg feature. Also drove 232 miles back home and got 22mpg with 3 tires at 30# and 1 at only 25# so it could have been a little better.
  • kd55kd55 Member Posts: 6
    On 4/4/09 I bought an 09 tech/ent from Tischer in Laurel, MD for $40,720.00 before T&T and processing. I got the color I wanted and no haggling over prices. I used this site to send out feelers to the local dealers and got good responses. Great and painless experience w/ emails and several phone calls. I also received approx $300 off the lojack that was already installed on the vehicle and 5yrs/40,000 mi of free oil changes. :) Looking to get 20% off of accesories down the road.
  • richiewhorichiewho Member Posts: 4
    Bought it today from Power Acura in Torrance, CA. Paid $39,184 including destination but without tax/title/doc,etc. The sales tax in Southern CA is killer! Got the 3.9% financing and used my $1000 coupon from AHFC, which is applied on the down payment line. Overall I think I got a great deal and the service was great as well.
    2009 Sport+Ent w/sport running board, roof rails, floor mats and wheel locks - out the door for $47k in NJ.
    ny2104,

I'm also looking for 09 Tech/Ent. in the phila area. but only for the right price, otherwise i'm just keeping my current vehicle (an 06 midsize suv so no rush at all and wasn't going to be looking until next year anyway but figured for the right price I'd entertain the idead for this year)

haven't got any quotes worth jumping on from phila area and suburbs dealers. Best recent deal on here I saw was Tech/Ent. for $39.400 ($40,200 with destination charge i think for the person on here that got it from there)

your $41,900 deal doesnt seem that good because I had $41,340 from a local dealer but I said i would only do it for 40k even and they wouldnt' budge.

Unless because of the sport running boards, roof rails and cross bars (which I dont think i need as just the roof rails are enough without the cross bars) and wheel locks brings it higher and still makes your $41,900 deal good. that does include destination charge.

I'm ready to drive the 2hrs to another state for the $39,400 plus destination charge but wondering if your deal is close. if destination charge brings it to $40,200 but i dont think those accessories you got cost $1700 so i'm not saying you got a bad deal just saying its not good enough for me to go for.

Emmaus in the Lehigh Valley area would be closer then Maryland but in the end it wont be close enough for service and now the dealership in maryland is offering the free oil and filter changes for 5 years/40k miles

"Oil and Filter changes

at no charge for the life of your primary warranty. 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Car Washes

at our premises drive through car wash. Unlimited car washes for as long as you own your vehicle.

Loaner Car

at no charge from our fleet of Acura loaner vehicles for as long as you own your car."

so that does me no good if i get from a dealer too far to take for service.

the salesperson did put this at the top of the email

*Print this out and bring it to my store for and additional $200. Off discounted internet standard pricing. On in stock Acura MDX and TL models. Good from 04/10/09-04/11/09

that was just for 2 days that i couldnt' make it so maybe he will still honor that but i'm not sure if that is in place of the free oil changes and filters and carwashes plus loaner cars but $200 doesn't seem enough in place of all that but i guess maybe i can negotiate with local dealers as to who will give the best service if i say i will always come to them maybe they will give me the free oil and filter changes even though i didnt' buy the car from them which is their own fault cus they wont match price of other dealers.

the carwashes i know they always wash your car at most of the local acura dealers after they service it so that is close enough but the way the deal i got in the email from the out of state dealer made it seem like you can take it through whenever you want not just for service. the loaner car should be the same at any dealer you service it at. even subaru dealer gives you a loaner car while you vehicle is being serviced.

so i probably shouldnt' get sucked in by that and maybe the extra $200 off will be good and i can still negotiate a similiar service deal at local dealers.

i would rather buy from where i am going to take it but if i can get a better deal elsewhere, like i said i think the free oil changes offer is kind of novelty and can prob negotiate to get that from a dealer i promise to bring it for all my service. not going to pay more to a local dealer for the vehicle just cus ill get free oil changes.
  • geomensgeomens Member Posts: 7
    My family has decided to replace a very reliable 99 Maxima. We replaced our SUV with Acura TL about five years ago and ready to get another SUV to replace the Maxima. I am looking at the 09 MDX with Tech/Ent. but I am not getting any good quotes from the South and Central Florida area dealers. I see that forum members are getting around $40k for this package. Is there anyone from South Florida with quotes close to $40k? If so, can you please give me the name of the dealer? I have homes in both South and Central Florida so I can go to any dealer in these two areas.

Thanks.
  • m3rcym3rcy Member Posts: 4
    I'm in the Queen,NY area looking to purchase this month. 42k for Sport+Ent is a good price. Did that include destination? What color combo did they have to offer that you did not take? Could you tell me the name of the dealer/salesman.

Thanks.
    Hi m3rcy, I also live in Queens. I'm also looking at Sport+Ent. I think if you get together we can get it for 41K. E-mail me at jz1979@yahoo.com
  • ny2104ny2104 Member Posts: 5
    My $41,900 wasn't soley for the Tech/Ent. It included Sport Running Boards, Roof Rails, Cross Bars, Wheel Locks and dest. The price for the installed accessories is around $1,600 so $40,300 including destination is a fairly good deal. Good Luck...
    looks like I missed out on the NJ group buy and they ended up buying from a dealer in VA anyway which seems too far for me to go.

I was thinking of driving down to Maryland for a better price but now that dealer seems to have renigged their offer so they were probably wasting my time playing games.

In the Phila area, southern NJ and Deleware would also be reasonable areas to look so if anyone is still trying to get an MDX in these areas we could prob work a deal with a dealership to get a lower price since we are bringing them mutliple sales but we ca still do our deal with them privately i'm sure and also obviously we dont need to be looking for the same color and package options etc.
    ah ok so 40,300 with the destination charge was your price. yeah that is better.

I did get as low as $39,400 plus $760 destination charge so $40,160 and someone else got from the same dealer 40,200 and that is around the lowest i've seen at least lately (where a few months ago in the dead winter ppl were getting that and better)

so yeah 40,300 is good.
  • mmohnotmmohnot Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy MDX/Tech/Ent/black color.. I am in Delaware and can go to Philly/NJ/MD/VA.. so let me know if you find a good deal on bulk buy..
  • briano1briano1 Member Posts: 1
    I have been shopping for an Acura MDX Tech in the Chicagoland area. The best deal I can come up with is 38700 (price includes destination). The only fee they slipped in (at the last moment) was a $150 dollar document fee. I would be curious to know of what others thought of this price, but moreover I would be very interested to learn if this $150 document fee is reasonable.

Thanks
  • marinefmmarinefm Member Posts: 2
    Just picked me up, actually for the wife, a Base MDX (white w/ parchment int) this last weekend for $35,500. Central CA area. Actually got more than I thought I would on my trade-in - '04 Expy. The dealer threw in free wheel locks to sweeten the deal that much more...
  • liililiili Member Posts: 7
    I am in Chicago area too. Can you share with me which dealer provides you the quote?
  • qinatusqinatus Member Posts: 3
    I believe it was a great deal. BTW, could you please tell us the dealer, and is the price includes DDL?
  • marinefmmarinefm Member Posts: 2
    The dealer I bought from was Los Gatos Acura in the city of...los gatos, a bit south of san fran and san jose (near santa cruz). I received quotes from pretty much every acura dealer from monterey to san fran and los gatos was the best by quite a bit. The only additional cost they got me for (besides the outrageous taxes) was a $55 doc fee. I didn't even try to fight that since I thought I was getting a great deal.

I pre-arranged with the internet rep and I was in and out in about 1 1/2 hrs. Very smooth transaction, hopefully any post sales needs will be as smooth. The wife loves the new MDX.
  • jephyboy1jephyboy1 Member Posts: 13
    P_MDX,

Doing the reverse math a bit, it looks like you are getting about 39,000 and change for the Tech/Ent (destination included), which leaves about 2500 in TTL (5% tax in VA -vs- 6% in MD) and then about 200-300 in Doc fees. I think that is a fantastic deal.

Can you email me with the person you contacted at Radley. The person I was working with his initials are S. Y. I wasn't even looking at getting a Tech with Ent, but that price is cheaper than the quotes I've been getting for Tech alone! My email is jephyboy at yhoo. Thanks.
  • sfbayalamedasfbayalameda Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area - contacted several dealers in the area - all quoted 41.5K for 2009 MDX Tech/Ent. Once I got serious, contacted Acura of Serramonte - stated 40.5K. Knew I could get 40.25 since mdx4wife1 bought one 2-3 weeks ago. But, didn't really want to go through the sales hassle.

I bought 1,900 in accessories [paid their asking price to install]. They through in all-season floor matts (I had to tell my wife I atleast haggled a bit!) and they stated at end the wheel locks were included [since they were already installed.]

Took 2.5hrs from the time I arrived (I took for test drive, sign papers, say no to options [extended warranty, etc.])

Overall - very pleasant experience, where it seemed, at least both they and I were happy.
  • nderivnderiv Member Posts: 1
    So I went to the Rallye Acura today and asked for a quote on a Tech model and got 40.9k (that includes destination), which seems much higher than what most people are looking at on this thread.

There aren't too many postings about the NYC area lately so I'm asking what people are getting around here and where. What's a reasonable price in this area? Thanks.
    Hi, Does that $40.25 include destination fee? Is that deal down before your adding accessories? Enjoy!