Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wkhangwkhang Member Posts: 2
    Great! I am in the market for MDX. How can I get sales person's contact? Maybe initials for the sales person at Radley Acura. Thanks.
  • sfbayalamedasfbayalameda Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I paid 40.5 (someone else paid 40.25). BOTH included Destination fee. All I paid was the Tax/License. They added a 55 documentation fee. I saw it on the final printout, but wasn't enough for me to stop the process - just be aware of it. This was at Acura of Serramonte in the SF Bay Area.

Exactly what I paid was:
    40.555K for Tech/Ent INCL destination (they added 55 for documentation at the end)
    42.5K with accessories: (installed): Side steps, roof rails, cross bars, body side molding. They through in all-season cargo mats and wheel locks.

47.02 OTD.

I hope that helps.
  • jackglassjackglass Member Posts: 11
    I think 38-39K for tech is reasonable. I once got a quote for $37,500. I'm in the market for sports/ent. My target is 41k. We should buy together and get a discount. If anyone else is interested in a group purchase in NYC e-mail me jz1979 at yahoo.
  • jackglassjackglass Member Posts: 11
    m3rcy... are you interested in a group purchase? e-mail me jz1979 at yahoo.
  • millijomillijo Member Posts: 1
    does anybody have buy a mdx in las vegas or nevada?

any idea of prices paid over here.

i am planning tobuy tech pack
  • zxttfanzxttfan Member Posts: 8
    My parents got a quote of $38,682 (plus 151.65 doc fee) for a teck pkg car from Libertyville Acura. Looking to see if anyone has gotten a better quote in the Chicago/Milwaukee/St. Louis areas. MSRP on this one was $45,600, so I don't know what dealer accessories were added.
  • frankf2frankf2 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for the detail information. Hope I can get this offer in Boston area. and find some MDX fans to make a group buying force soon.
  • bgardinerbgardiner Member Posts: 19
    We just bought from Dave White Acura in Toledo for tech/ent at 40.6k Included roof rails. They really bent over backwards for us. Salesman initials MS. Give them a try, not a bad drive from Chicage.
  • avarreavarre Member Posts: 4
    Is 40.6K including taxes and title?
  • steve194steve194 Member Posts: 6
    It is a 2008, and you are right, the "dealer incentive" was $4K for a 2008 compared to $2K for a 2009. Also the sticker price is about $1K less for a 2008, so you should be able to get the same car for $3K less if you can find one.
  • steve194steve194 Member Posts: 6
    I could fax or .pdf it to you but would need your email. I'm not sure how to get that privately in a forum.
  • ks2134ks2134 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a tech pkg MDX from Pauly Acura in Chicago - salesperson HH. I asked for quotes from 4 dealers in Chicago and received emails back within the 2 hours. All were wre within a couple hundred dollars.

$39,121 (includes destination charge)
    Roof Rails - $271 installed
    Cross Bars - $204 installed
    Body Side Moldings - $238 installed
    Doc. fee - $150
    Temporary "Drive-away" registration - $10

TOTAL - $39,994.00

I flew into Chicago sat morning, signed paperwork in 45 minutes, and drove back to Omaha that day. No surprises at all. What a great experience! I will never buy a new car any other way.

The dealer in Omaha quoted me at $43k. KC was $42k. Definitely worth flying to Chicago!
  • richie11richie11 Member Posts: 8
    Hi ks2134,

Is tax and title included?

Also, How much is the sales tax?

What is the total price OTD?

I am planning to buy a new or used 2008/2009 MDX, Does anyone know is there a big difference between new and used (price wise). One of Chicago dealer is selling 2008 Tech/ent. 8000 miles for 38k. is this a good deal?
  • ks2134ks2134 Member Posts: 2
    Since I took the vehicle out of state, there was no tax or title included. The price OTD was $39,994 which included the $760 destination charge, and doc fee of $150.
  • x5killerx5killer Member Posts: 368
    where can we look up what the invoice price is on the accessories. And what are the best prices ppl are getting on accessories.

I know some dealers will match the best price ppl can find on the accessories, even online but what is the range? are ppl getting invoice price on the accessories or less?
  • jyao888jyao888 Member Posts: 32
    I am also end up to negociate w/ Sport+Ent because no dealers have the color I perferred for Tech -BK/Pa. Do you find what your color? So, dealer want 1K more.
  • gco13gco13 Member Posts: 23
    Richie11,

I got a 2008 Sport/Ent with 13k miles for $35k with all fees included except taxes. You should be able to get a Tech/Ent for between $1k to $2k less than that.
  • hvatohvato Member Posts: 8
    Just dont let a sale man tell you that they are loosing money on the car. They all get cars from 1 place ONLY ok. I think Tech 38.5 + TTL is a good offer to go consider this kind of economy. Wait until the second quarter is almost over, they will accept deals like crazy to meet their quota. Be patient!!!
    How and where did you find this deal? I am not able to get this kinds deal anywhere. I am ready to fly down as well. Dealers have listed price for used cars like crazy. I am looking for Black on Black. I guess I need to be patient and wait for the right price.
  • methane802methane802 Member Posts: 11
    hi, there: I am also looking for a MDX in Boston, probably the tech pack. any one made the deal yet? is the grp buying thing still one? thanks
    Where can we find the invoice price on accessories (running boards, cargo cover etc.)

The Acura website shows msrp for them but what about invoice. What prices are ppl getting on accessories? And how can we determine what is a fair installation/labor charge for each accessory?
  • thinksnowthinksnow Member Posts: 4
    Curious about this as well. Looking for a Sport/RES in Beantown. MDX stales are down about 51% ytd/yoy. This has to be worth something.
  • polarsandpolarsand Member Posts: 23
    Sales are down. But Acura reduced production of the X to keep prices steady. so don't expect to get a steal anytime soon. Set your expectations right; a deal can be made but not a steal. If you read 3 months back through the thread, deals were happening back in Feb and March when dealers had the cars on the lot. Now, inventory is scarce especially in the big markets and people are forced into the Sport package to get the color combinations they want.
    If anyone come across a Black on Black MDX, please send me an IM or email @ richie50001 yahoo. new body style, 2007-2009. I'll really appreciate it.
    "We have been discussing your interest in a 2009 Acura MDX. Today I wanted to present our big end of month savings opportunity on new MDX 2009 models.

From now until the end of April, save $7,000!

New MDX for $34,751"

that $34,751 figure seems to be based on $40,990 msrp price of a base 09 mdx minus the $7,000 end of April promo plus $760 dest. charge so yeah $34,751

so for other models basically just subtract 7k from the msrp and then add $760 dest.

so for Tech & Ent. would be $46,790 minus $7,000 = $39,790 before dest. I guess.

while that really isn't that great considering ppl were getting price on tech & ent. for $39,400 and lower, its still less then $400 more and shows that $39,790 is the starting point that all dealerships can do now, so any that want to beat other dealerships have to go considerably lower then that to gain your business. so another $790 off what all other dealerships can automatically do would be $39k even and if they take 1k off then your below 39k at $38,790 is completely reasonable.

stock may be limited but it looks like the 2010 may come as early as May or June so they are trying to move out what they have. Don't let any dealership try to sell you for more because of low inventory.

THEY NOW HAVE A 7K OFF MSRP INCENTIVE. so again that is automatically what all dealerships can do right off the bat and the ones that want your business and the sale will have to beat that and its just a matter of how much they beat that by to decided who you buy from.

Some dealers will try to gouge you on the accessory price (or your trade in if you have one) if they know you are getting a good price on the vehicle so be careful and don't deal with those dealersips and report them here so noone gives them your business.
  • thinksnowthinksnow Member Posts: 4
    Ok so for a Sport/Res model what's considered a great deal and what's considered a steal?
  • gco13gco13 Member Posts: 23
    Richie,

I got the deal at Prime Acura in Walpole. I got the deal by doing the following. Watched this message board for several months waiting for my lease to expire. Looked for used cars on cars.com searching for 2007 to 2009 ANYWHERE in the country. Included search term entertainment. Selected Certified Pre-Owned only.
    I learned a couple things. Most of the sports and tech/ents were priced very similarly across the country. Sports/Ent are easier to find then tech/ents..at least when I was searching. They're all around 38 to 40k. You will see a few vehicles that are way lower than this. Those outliers all have a reason...some are easier to spot than others. Most common reasons I found were that cars listed as "sport" were not actually sport. They were mis-posted base models. Watch out for Base models with after market DVDs installed. A true Ent has a Navigation system. If you get a "sport" with Ent with no Nav then that' really a base model with aftermarket RES. The free carfax report will give you the real make and model. The other reason cars are priced considerably lower than other cars with similar makes/models/miles is if they are not acura certified. This carries about a 2k lift on posted prices and the remaining warranty is worth it. I was originally worried about getting a dealer loaner but I spoke with my buddy who runs the service department at an Audi dealership and he said he'd buy dealer loaners all day and all night. Low miles. You know they were maintained on schedule (and can verify this on carfax). You get a huge discount off from original msrp and you get a lot of remaining warranty. He said he wouldn't touch a manual transmission but that's the only thing he'd be worried about. So then I was comfortable. I narrowed it down to about 5 mdx's across the entire country that were in my price range. One happened to be in Walpole. I checked it out. It was listed for 39K online. I let them know that I had done a ton of research and regularly watched this board. They told me right away that they would go down to mid 30's. I countered with 33K and gave them my calculations (essentially I depreciated the car exactly the way they depreciate their leases 20% for driving off the lot and 10% per year). They wouldn't consider that price. Told me we were too far apart. I waited a few days to see if they were bluffing. They weren't. I called back and got them to 35500 on the phone. Got them down to just over 35K at the dealership. Then we negotiated financing until I got the rate I wanted. That's it. If you are patient and willing to travel you can get a good deal.

I do think that used vehicals are getting harder to find as people want to spend less. Dealers will hype this up A LOT but I actually do think there is some accuracy to it given the shrinking inventory on cars.com.

Also, regarding new mdx's....I don't believe people on this board that swear that anyone can walk into a dealership and get 39k or less for a new tech/ent including destination. Is it possible to get that? Yes under the right circumstance at the right dealership at the end of the month or end of the quarter when they're a car or two away from a big bonus or something like that. If you are able to get that deal in/around boston by simply walking into the dealership and and stating your case and talking points from this message board then things have changed dramatically in the past 3 weeks since I bought my car. That was not my experience and I've talked to every dealer within 50 miles of boston multiple times, visited them, let them know that I would buy if given the right price but that I wouldn't give up my lease early unless I got the price I wanted. All of them had multiple chances to sell me a car since January at 39,500 nobody would go less than 40,300 (acura of boston). Maybe things have changed quickly in the past couple weeks and maybe you can get a better deal by teaming up. I hope you do.

Good luck. Let us know how you do.
    Is this promotion nationwide? I couldn't see it anywhere.. Is it mention somewhere so that we can show it to the dealer.
    hm, maybe it was just from one dealer (Chevy Chase Acura) but I dont see how they could do a 7k incentive if it wasn't from Acura themself and therefore available to all dealers. It may have just been implemented last night so most wont get word of it till this morning.

the price quoted though as I said was 7k off msrp which while still good, ppl were already getting lower then that though it is a little more then 2k off of invoice. with the 2k dealer incentive they were taking that off of invoice. So I'd think they could take this new 7k off of invoice also if it is an official dealer incentive implemented by Acura.

either way most dealerships will be more aggressive in giving you a better price at the end of the month now whether that 7k promo is for one dealer or all of them.

again though I dont see how one could do it unless its official from acura and then they all can. unless its 7k off of msrp which while it still does result in a little more then 2k off of invoice, ppl were already getting around that price or lower.

I'd think though the 7k off msrp being the starting point that you could get a bit more from there and therefore easily get as low or lower then the lowest prices ppl have gotten yet.
  • uvasauvasa Member Posts: 26
    Hi Steve194, you can email me @ uvasa@yahoo.com
  • lyonseelyonsee Member Posts: 11
    I would appreciate if you could forward the quote ($34,751) to me as I am for MDX now. lyonsee at gmail.com
  • brett321brett321 Member Posts: 2
    I have one payment left on my 06 MDX lease...thought the group buy was a great idea (or maybe wishful thinking)...anyway looking at used but looks like inventory is limited on the new model...wanted to get any feedback at all on base model total cost on '09...or want to expect...Thanks
  • timtechtimtech Member Posts: 6
    >base model total cost on '09

All the responses that I have received in the Chicagoland area have been $34,500 + delivery + tax + title

I'm not sure what May will bring. I think it's worth waiting the week to see if the price changes.
  • uvasauvasa Member Posts: 26
    I am picking up my 09 base MDX this Saturday.

I leased per terms and cost below

silver and black interior
    36 mons
    5100 down inclusive of all tax,title and doc fee
    -1000k honda incentive for previous lease of MDX
    4100 my out of pocket
    479/month

NY Metro area.
    Uvasa?

can you buy it after your lease ends?

Since you did 5100 down so 5100+ (36*479) = 22344 is what you will have paid by the end of the lease. So if MDX is 36000, can you buy it for 36000-22344 = 13656?

I don't know much about lease stuff.. But it looks a good deal.
  • polarsandpolarsand Member Posts: 23
    With your calculations the financing on the car is 0%!!!! Does not work that way.
  • methane802methane802 Member Posts: 11
    Hi x5killer:
    could you forward the quote to me? thanks
    xingchen@gmail.com
  • chspencechspence Member Posts: 1
    Hello x5killer. Could you please send this promotion to me as well? I was at the dealership in Tempe, AZ last weekend and they only offered the 2K MSRP incentive. I would like to take advantage of the 7K if this is true. Thank you.

email: chspence26@yahoo.com
  • jyao888jyao888 Member Posts: 32
    I asked several dealers in Tri-State NY areas these two weeks. The best is 6k.
    No one willing to give dealer hold back like January and Feburary. All had same story ---supply and demand.....Don't you beleive---All sales down for 35% or more these months....I guessed Honda did very well to control inventory. One dealer said ---- it may have 3K incentive after May 5 but dealer's price will not change.
  • drmom09drmom09 Member Posts: 7
    Hey chspence, I'm also looking to buy MDX in AZ - maybe we can get a better deal if we buy together; never done that so don't know how to approach the idea...
  • drmom09drmom09 Member Posts: 7
    richie11 - there's a black on black with tech package at Chapman Acura in Tucson,AZ. I live here and am looking to buy an MDX too (but not black) I haven't bought yet because they don't want to come down in price ...
  • hpslayerhpslayer Member Posts: 2
    2009 tech.ent 39430 + dest (760) +ttl out of door 43500 approx... did i get a good deal
    yeah good deal, where did you get it? I am getting 39400 in jersey so basically the same thing but I am concerned that its from a dealership that doesnt' pay dest. fee themselves so shouldn't be charging it to me because they didnt' get the vehicle shipped but rather drove it from another dealership. Even another dealership told me that this dealership i'm buying from doesnt' pay dest. fee or something.

so I'm actually paying $760 too high but they know they can charge that and still be matching other dealerships.

but anyway yeah, where did you get your deal?
  • gotjerkgotjerk Member Posts: 2
    I requested more information about a CPO MDX from Acura.com and eventually set up an appointment to see the vehicle (NY area). Got emails saying vehicle was available.. got reminder calls.. survey call.. Anyway, gets to the dealership and was supposed to meet a lady, but when we met she immediately set me up with a salesperson. Bad sign, i thought. This guy takes my info and ask if I'll be financing. I told him no and he says it's better to finance than to pay cash. OK. So, fast forward to the lot, he's like which one do you want to see? I tell him, what happened to the one I came here to see? He couldn't even make up a convincing lie. "Oh, let me check the inventory" was what he said eventually. I stormed out of there not wanting to waste anymore time with this dealership.

I went into the dealer hoping to compare a CPO MDX with a 2009 MDX. This whole bait & switch totally killed it for me. I never expected a listing on Acura.com would be bogus. Is this what I should expect from ANY car dealership? Any suggestion on how to prevent wasting time like this in the future?
    Do you know more detail on it? I couldn't find it on their website. I saw one Black on Black in Chicago, MDX Tech/ent, 54k miles for 28.8K. Is this a good price?
  • sridmat09sridmat09 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for good deal on 2009 MDX tech and Ent. I too stay in Jersey. Pl let me know the dealer where you got this deal, so that i can try my luck.
  • sridmat09sridmat09 Member Posts: 3
    Hello hpslayer

Can you tell me which dealer is giving this price. This is best deal i saw in last one month.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Interesting experience. Don't know exactly what I'd have done. Know what I would do now after thinking a bit. Thanks for sharing.
  • hfzeushfzeus Member Posts: 39
    Which dealer, so we don't make the same mistake?
  • gotjerkgotjerk Member Posts: 2
    Paragon Acura in Woodside.

Is there any benefit of getting GAP insurance coverage if I plan to pay cash for the difference between trade in and new purchase price? The salesperson thinks its smarter to finance and get GAP insurance, even though I said I will pay cash.