Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• catfiishcatfiish Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone purchased MDX tech in Western Michigan area recently? Please give the detail about the price.
    Thanks a lot :)
  • habsonehabsone Member Posts: 47
    Is this good?
    MSRP

SALE PRICE
    Incl. destination and protection package (all season flr mats and cargo mat,wheel locks)
    It also has splash guards(i don't know this comes standard)

42500 plus 1832 for towing package,sports running boards,roof rails,body side molding =
    44332.00 + 198.50 doc.fee + 3% NC sales tax 1335.94 + 65.00 License and Title Total OTD
    45932.24 I had no trade in
  • tastycakes55tastycakes55 Member Posts: 35
    Did you purchase yet?

If so, that's a pretty good deal. You may have been able to negotiate another $300-$1k, but seems like a fair enough deal for you and the dealer to both be satisfied.
    All the paper work has been done. Taking the delivery on Tuesday afternoon.I could have brought him down another $ 500 but since he was including protection package, i just didn't want to fight over $200.Besides the inventory in my area is getting low.I live in a small town. Local dealer's quote was high.This dealer is 60 miles away.
    Best Regards,
    habsone
  • teck2u2teck2u2 Member Posts: 33
    Hi - I am getting the Technology and Entertainment package for $42, 074.

No Extras - Only Tech and Entertainment.

Do you think this is a good deal?

I live in NYC area but I am so tired of dealing with car salesperson! I am undecided.

I was told to go sign today or loose the deal, I don't know what to do?
    IMHO you can do better, try to get a quote from the dealer who has lot of inventory left,however if negotiations are not your cup of tea,than this is not a bad deal.Having said that in my deal i was shooting for 15% off of MSRP(incl. destination) in your case your quote is just under 12% off of MSRP.Hope this helps.Good Luck.
    Best Regards,
    habsone
  • teck2u2teck2u2 Member Posts: 33
    Thanks for your response Habsone, I did not sign. But I will counter at $40,800 to see what they do.

I will not rush into this. I am now looking at the BMW X5.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
  • ncmdxncmdx Member Posts: 19
    h-

Curious to know where in NC you found the quality deal? My past experiences have forced me to look out of state in Northern VA. Thanks in advance for your info.
    I did not find this deal in NC,i found it in SC 60 mile from where i live.I was willing to go just about any where (i would have taken a little vacation if i had to go very far) i will post the dealership name by tomorrow as i am taking the delivery of my MDX this Afternoon.
    Hello, I don't know if i can discuss BMW X5 here.I know of NEW White 2008 X5 4.8 in Colorado which has about 7800 miles, never been titled full warranty MSRP over $73xxx (with all kinds of options)the dealer had it on EBAY for $53xxx.I offered him $50000 but he refused.He might let it go for 51 or 52.
  • buidoibuidoi Member Posts: 3
    Hi tech2u2,
    You can buy the Tech/Ent w/o negotiation for $40,475 at the fleetrates.com. Here is the direct link :
    http://www.fleetrates.com/specials.asp?group=vehicle&make=Acura&model=MDX%20Tech- /Ent. I will buy the Tech pk when it goes down to $38k
  • trieu74trieu74 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased the above SUV in Boston (peabody) for $42,190. They said that they had this one-day deal. I wasn't expecting to buy anything, but it seemed like a good deal b/c I checked on the invoice from Edmunds and KBB. I placed a $2000 refundable deposit down. Does anyone know if this is a good deal in the Boston area?

I feel like I could have gotten a better price from reading the other forums.

Thanks!!
    I tried that.It did not work for me.They will not give you that price.The person i talked to gave me all kinds of excuses and than came up with following quote MSRP 49650 Sale price 43600.I asked him to come up with better quote, he confidently said i will not find better deal any where in US.Guess what, i beat his "lowest in US" quote by $1100 on my on not to mention got protection package to go along with it.Than again it does not hurt to give them a try.I almost forgot after i told him his quote was high, 2 days later he called me and arrogantly asked me if i had found a better deal.Today i can tell him I CERTAINLY DID MATE ! Good Luck To All.
    Best Regards,
    habsone
  • buidoibuidoi Member Posts: 3
    Thanks habsone,
    I called them yesterday to ask how is their process of selling. They told me what they are doing is helping us to negotiate the price with car dealer. I was thinking how they make money...should be the difference. So if I do that myself I may save some money. This forum is great place to know what is the true price, good reference for negotiation.
    As promised the dealer is Bradshaw Acura in Greenville SC.They still have (and I'm guessing here) about 15 to 20 MDX left in all trim.As far as i know they all are equipped with atleast with the protection package(they priced it at i believe $495 little high IMO) so keep that in mind when you negotiate.Their internet manager's name is Wayne Butler very nice man.Do the negotiation via email.Good Luck.
    Best Regards,
    habsone
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi knudsenj. In June, Acura is providing 2.9% to 3.9% special financing plus $2,000 dealer cash or a special lease program on the 2009 MDX.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi cbusireddy. Unfortunately, the site that you saw this information on is wrong. Acura is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on all 2009 MDX trim levels.

Car_man
    Host
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Member Posts: 92
    I would check with other dealers, try Acura of Boston and Prime Acura. With the $2000 dealer cashback you should be no more than $41.090. They are still making almost $1200 at that number with the 3% holdback. You should be able to get them down to 40,600. Otherwise try to get some freebies like all weather mats, cargo liner, side steps, etc.......

Also the $2000 cashback can be combined with the special interest rate.
  • seanatlseanatl Member Posts: 2
    I have been doing some research on Tech/Ent in the Atlanta area myself. So far the best I got is $42K inclusive of doc fee etc. but minus the sales tax. What's the best u got? Have you tried the Costco auto program? Not sure if that'll be any better than the above quote but I'm trying. Sounds like $41K + taxes might be decent enough.
  • puzzledingapuzzledinga Member Posts: 1
    I've been looking for an MDX in Atlanta as well but I've mostly just been looking at Techs. The best I've done is $40K for a Tech, but that should imply $41 for a Tech/Ent right? The problem I'm having is finding inventory. I would suggest calling Hugh at Acura Carland.
    Those of you in market to purchase MDX in Atlanta area and are not getting a decent quote,( close to 15 % off of MSRP IMO) try Bradshaw Acura in Greenville,SC .It's only 2 Hour drive besides you can do all this without leaving the comfort of your home.(Some of you may all ready have done that) Just My 2 Cent.
  • leebo3leebo3 Member Posts: 1
    I spent a lot of time researching and dealing w/ dealers throughout GA on my new MDX Tech. The best deals I found were outside the area. Metro Atl dealers were not nearly as willing to deal as those in Columbus, Athens & Augusta. We ended up w/ Acura in Athens. Very impressed w/ them and their attention to service including picking up the vehicle and leaving a loaner at our house when service is needed
  • lookin4newsuvlookin4newsuv Member Posts: 14
    any of you guys know what this package is ? i met with the dealership today to sign the papers and the sales guy wud keep insisting on how i need this package
    its around $540
    is it worth it ?

apparently it will protect the paint outside and leather seats .
    any help greatly appreciated!!!!!
    IMO this is all extra $$$$ for stealer.I drove several m class for last 9 years prior to purchasing mdx this week,never once i was told (pressured) to buy any extra stuff.Honda/Acura make us believe that their Vehicles are lowered priced than competition but if you add the little basic stuff like roof rails (300 to 400) which normally come standard with other cars.Price of Honda/Acura vehicles are always more than MSRP because when you go to the stealer ship there is always some extra stuff that stealer has installed(to increase his profit) which you may or may not need(want) but have to pay for it anyway.IMO always price the car according to MSRP, than price the add on(s) at 60 to 70 % off of the add on sticker, this way you can at least minimize the damage.If you are already at stealer ship you can give them an offer after taking all add on (s) in consideration.I drove 60 miles one way just to see what add on (s) the car i wanted to purchase had and than gave them an offer.
  • jerrsnbrgjerrsnbrg Member Posts: 6
    I just got a price for 09 sport with ent. for 42995.00 plus tax,title fees. in atlanta dealer fees are 595.00 any thoughts on this price
  • starfish6starfish6 Member Posts: 4
    What price did u get ? I am in San Jose too, and am interested in the group buying idea. :-)
  • gb111gb111 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know if the $2000 cashback and 2.9/3.9 APR expires july 6?
    Given the low inventory, i wonder if it makes sense to purchase now or wait until next month?
  • jyao888jyao888 Member Posts: 32
    It's all up to your view to see if it's worth or not.
    I did purchased " Titinic protection package" from dealer when I purchased.
    I canceled it within 30 days after I find out it's not offer directly from dealer but a membership to a company located at FL.
    These kind of packages sound like very worth when you was tired to wait for signing paper. I mentioned package include exterior paint protection, key lost, tire protection, and roadside assistance for 5 years. All sound like very worth but you need to evealuate what will happen to you within 5 years. There are different types but similar. I cancel it after carefully review my past car owned for 10 years and never need all these protection.
  • brianplowmanbrianplowman Member Posts: 10
    As one of the Internet Managers for a Nor Cal Acura dealer, I can shed a little light. We have a shipment of MDX's arriving in the next couple of days. It's been tough finding the right color/packages for a while. Now is a good time to finally find what you've been looking for. There are many Nor Cal dealers that have been counting the days! Some of my guests will finally pick up their long awaited pre orders. Tech models aren't selling for $35,500. That is a mis comunicated price! More like $39,600-$40,500 for a Tech model in the SF bay area.
    Hi gb111. As it stands right now, All of Acura's incentives are scheduled to run through July 6th. It is difficult to say what its new July program will be like when it is introduced. While Acura did pull the plug on its support for base TSX models recently, that sort of thing rarely happens. More likely than not, Acura will at least extend...if not enhance its current incentives on the 2009 MDX. I personally don't think that you have much to lose by waiting to purchase...but it is difficult to predict exactly what manufacturers will do with their future incentive programs with 100% accuracy.

Car_man
    Host
  • mdxfan3mdxfan3 Member Posts: 17
    Car Man,

Do you or anyone else know when the 2010 MDXs will arrive? If not, does anyone remember when they arrived last year (for comparison)?

Also, what do you guys recommend for a current MDX cash buyer (low-rate financing doesn't matter) who plans to keep the car 6+ years: Buy a remaining 2009 with the cash back or wait for a new 2010 model at this point?

If history serves, it sounds like one would be able to negotiate $500-$1000 over on a remaining 09 or a new 10 in the current market. So if the cash back is worth $2K, and an 09 has already depreciated $3K over a 2010 model, waiting for a 2010 seems to make the most financial sense. Or am I missing something???

Thanks!
    Ken
  • gb111gb111 Member Posts: 7
    I'm thinking about waiting for the 2010s to come out as well. Just not sure how they will be priced (MSRP) compared to the 2009. e.g. If the 2010 is priced 2K over a 2009, it may still make sense to buy the 2009 with the 2k cashback, depreciation notwithstanding....
  • hypohypo Member Posts: 2
    Got a standard silver 2009 MDX from Weir Canyon Acura for $35.6k + ttl. The lowest from other dealerships that I was able to get down to was 36k from a couple places.
    Greetings to the appropriately named mdxfan3. I have heard that the 2010 MDX will begin to arrive at dealers some time in September, but that's just a rumor and I haven't confirmed it with anyone at the company.

If I was in the market for an MDX, I personally would probably take the cash back and go with a 2009 model. Whether that makes sense financially depends upon how long you plan on keeping your truck. While it's true that the available cash incentives would be eaten up by the extra depreciation that the '09 model would have if you went to sell the truck in a year or two, after five or six years the difference between what you would be able to sell an '09 and a '10 for probably is not nearly as great. The longer you own your truck for, the smaller the difference in resale value between the two models will be.

Car_man
    Host
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    I would factor two more things:

1) Miles driven...after five years which one will you be willing to buy

2009 MDX with 60000 miles (12k mile per year)
    or
    2010 MDX with 60000 miles?

Looks like 2009 has comparatively fewer miles for its age. Less wear and tear.
    but 2010 is a year newer...

Tough decision

2) Time value of 2K that you save on 2009. You probably will not get 2K off 2010 as long as 2009 are on the lot
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    You also have to factor in:

1. The improvements and other changes the 2010 model will have, and

2. How much more the 2010 will cost (MSRP and invoice).

Unless I missed something, this makes it a tough decision because we don't know the answers to these two questions yet...
  • mdxfan3mdxfan3 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks very much for the input everyone!

I had not even considered:
    1. A potential price increase for 2010
    2. Any possible improvements for 2010
    3. That after 5-6 years, a 09 model would be worth perhaps $1K-$1500 less than a 2010 model.
    4. The time-value of the extra $2K spent

I'd say the MDX attracts the best and brightest drivers out there. So I'll be in good company. ;) Many thanks to all. I'll be sure to post the details of the deal I strike when I pull the trigger.

Ken
  • jrmindejrminde Member Posts: 2
    I visited an Acura dealership yesterday in PA and was told the 2010 MDX's were being pushed back to the "Fall/ Winter" time period. Dealerships were notified July 1. Sales rep would not clarify why they were delaying the launch..... too much 2009 inventory??
  • zingdale007zingdale007 Member Posts: 3
    I got quote from bay area dealer for
    2009 Acura MDX with Technology & Entertainment
    $47,550.00 MSRP
    $40,986.00

+ TTL

is that a good price?
  • pej7445pej7445 Member Posts: 7
    I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Sport/Ent but I want to know if the dealer cash is going to increase from $2000 to a higher amount after 7/6/09. Last year there was $4000 dealer cash on the 08 MDX models at the end of the model year.

Does anyone have any info about what will happen for the 09 incentives?

Thanks!

PJ
  • m3rcym3rcy Member Posts: 4
    Got this offer from NYC metro area.

Internet pricing:

MDX Sport w/Ent MSRP $49,650 $42,734

does not include any State Tax, Fees and any Dealer Installed Options Extra.
  • rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    no definites but from last year they started in september...and even got better towards the end of the month by including dealer cash and 2.9% for 60 months. who knows if they will do it this year. dealers do not know until the day a program starts.
  • zx11zx11 Member Posts: 6
    I am also looking for an MDX Sport/ w/Ent and live in northern NJ. Could you let me know what dealership in the NYC area had one for $42,734?

Thanks
  • 4mdx44mdx4 Member Posts: 7
    Can you tell us what Bay Area dealer was offering a '09 Tech/Ent for $40,986? Can't decide between a new '09 and a cert. used '08, but this price may make the decision easier.
  • looking4mdx1looking4mdx1 Member Posts: 12
    check out StevensCreek Acura.. i just bought mine from there last week. no one can beat their prices and service. contact brian plowman there.
    with the current promotions new vehicle makes more sense .. just my opinion.
  • zingdale007zingdale007 Member Posts: 3
    Sunnyvale Honda
  • brianplowmanbrianplowman Member Posts: 10
    Looks like the MSRP for the Sport Model and not the Sport Entertainment model. Double check to be sure. :confuse:
  • honda2009honda2009 Member Posts: 30
    Anyone know if there are any new incentives out there? Is the 2000 dealer cash still running?

My dealer said I need a "certificate" to benefit from this - I can't find it anywhere and I think he made that up. Any insight?
  • tastycakes55tastycakes55 Member Posts: 35
    Your dealer made that up.

There's no reason to assume they ended the incentives; the current one was up on 7/6 and they'll likely keep it or raise it for July.
  • m3rcym3rcy Member Posts: 4
    Don't bother. I went there and they gave me the old song and dance. They said the MSRP price included the destination charge but their internet prices do not. Save yourself a trip and don't bother with Acura in Brooklyn. Very getto atmosphere too.