Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mike670mike670 Member Posts: 6
    Cathy, I am in the Los Angeles area. This quote is from Power Acura South Bay. It was $39,205 + TTL for an MDX with the tech package. The quote also did not have any absurdly high documentation fees. They are only charging $55 for doc fees. I noticed that some dealers were quoting me low base prices then adding in $600 to $900 for doc fees! Anyway, going down today and purhasing a Billet Silver Metallic with Ebony Leather interior.

They just got 2 of this color in yesterday and were still in the back with all the packing tape so I get an extra benefit of being the first person to drive the car. Call me paranoid but when paying so much money for a car, I would prefer not to have test drive model that has been raced around on dozens of test drives.
  • lizzyplizzyp Member Posts: 4
    I just bought (today) a black cherry pearl MDX tech from Open Road in Wayne. At first I thought they were total sleezebags but the deal was a good one. They have some funny fees in their deal but the car was $39,702. "Out the door" was $43,206. They were about $500 cheaper than anyone else I spoke to. Not a big deal but no one would touch their vehicle price at all. I spoke to about 6 dealers. The "out the door" price is what makes the difference. If you go ask for Tony Messina in sales. He was great, everyone else was horrible! Good luck!
  • swinglineaeroswinglineaero Member Posts: 3
    Thanks lizzyp. I'll give em a call. $500 could go towards some running boards :)
    Hopefully they still have some Tech's left. Called a bunch of places today and they are in short supply on Long Island. All said next batch is in Sept. I'm going to make a deal their this weekend.
  • jbrynerjbryner Member Posts: 3
    joey_dey,

Can you give me the name of the sales person at Open Road if i provide you with my personal email?
  • ihatelexusihatelexus Member Posts: 4
    Zuluwarrior where did you buy your base model ofr $37,100?

What are others paying for base models?
    Thanks!
  • 2009mdxfan2009mdxfan Member Posts: 5
    Hey ihatelexus,

I hate most Lexuses as well except for their LS (flagship). I don't mind that ride. I got my base for $36,004 on 8/6. There are a few people that have posted on this forum that they have gotten theirs even lower. I think apex1123 got his for under $35k. Now's that's a GREAT price. Hey apex1123, if you are still reading this forum, tells us what you said during your negotiations to get the dealer to go down that low. I will use some of your tactics on my next new car purchase. At the time of my negotiations, I thought at $36k, the dealer's profit margin was very tight already.
  • avptavpt Member Posts: 3
    Anyone with recent experience buying in the NW either a tech or tech/ent. Dealers are really arrogant and almost hinting at trying to get folks to pay msrp. who pays msrp these days?
    Send me your email and I will send you the name. Some of those guys were terrible!
    They own 4 dealerships, they had more cars than anyone I spoke to. Park Ave Acura just got a black/taupe tech in this week. There are a few around. Denville had a silver/black that I drove last week. Denville and Open Road had the best "out the door" pricing. I am picking mine up tomorrow. Hope it goes well, it has been a bumpy road with them.
  • avptavpt Member Posts: 3
    Sorry just to clarify - you seem to be on the east coast and I am looking for west coast data.
    Thanks for your help.
  • zuluwarriorzuluwarrior Member Posts: 22
    My credit union ran a special for 4.75 for up to 78 months and it expired
    Aug 31 so I had to do something. Looked hard at Honda Pilot, but with their
    incentives having run out in July, you were lucky to get 2K off, especially
    with the clunker thing going on. This put a fairly well equipped EX-L RES at
    around 33600.00. I originally looked at MDX and thought it was out of reach,
    but researching several sites, found that it had a 2K factory to dealer incentive
    and dealers were a little more eager to sell Acuras, most likely because Acuras are low volume dealerships compared to Honda stores.
    Ended up with White Pearl/Taupe base list 41,800.00 for 37,210.00
    I don't have the rear DVD but I can add that. This compared to the Honda in
    the low 30s was a no brainer for me, as the Acura will likely hold a better resale due to the better warranty and the overall availability of the car on the used market.
  • n4roninn4ronin Member Posts: 14
    Hey all,

I was quoted the following on a mdx tech. Invoice - 2k dealer cash back. Processing fee 100 + DMV tags. I think its a good deal. Now my problem is that I am in a lease and if i trade in i am at approx 3500 neg equity. Has anyone ever had acura cover some lease payments? I like the car but cant see myself eating the neg equity. Also do anyone know if acura lets u turn in your lease early to either buy/lease another one?
  • charncharn Member Posts: 17
    am359, did you ever purchase your MDX? If so, where from and how much? Thanks.
  • mike_broganmike_brogan Member Posts: 1
    I am getting ready to purchase a black 2009 MDX Tech+Ent and want to know how the pricing is handled.

I got an offer in VA Fairfax for 43K. Does anything this is too much...I was looking at 40,800 for tech and entertainment package.

If the "agreed to price" is 43K what else is added on? Taxes Tags License?

also once I get a price agrred how does the lease works....I am trading in a car and have 8K equity after trade in...

So if I get 43K what else is added on during the lease and how do I get to the monthly payment for Acura MDX

Thanks
    Mike Brogan
  • n4roninn4ronin Member Posts: 14
    Mike,

If you are leasing I wouldn't roll that equity into the lease as a down payment. Your payments will go down alot but your better off just selling the car and making a few extra $$$. Personally I think its best to pay as little as possible for a down payment. And based on what others are saying I think you should only pay probably acq fee+first month+sales tax.

I would offer invoice 43k - 2k(dealer cash back). Also if you are buying from VA tell them you will go to MD becuase VA dealers mark up processing fees to 400bux. Where in MD it's around 100. That's extra profit going to the dealer.
  • cbusireddycbusireddy Member Posts: 33
    joey_dey...can you please send me the contact information of the sales person to cbusireddy@gmail.com. I appreciate your help. :)
  • kidd996kidd996 Member Posts: 6
    I will be buying an MDX in mid September on the West Coast. Does anyone have a feel for whether the $2,000 marketing support will be extended through the end of September?

Also, chances are, I will be buying an MDX which will be built the first week of September and shipped mid-September. Does anyone know what floor financing costs the dealer incurs or how the dealer financing program works as the dealer will most likely not be incurring these charges for this vehicle.

Lastly, is the holdback a constant 2% of MSRP or does it vary based on how long a vehicle sits on a dealers lot? I seem to recall something about a larger holdback if the car sits less than 10 days on a dealer lot, but I might be getting that mixed up with how GM does things.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

As always, thanks to those who contribute to this forum. Your time and contributions are valued.
  • mar1an1mar1an1 Member Posts: 38
    Watch out for Open Road Acura. We previously purchased an RL from them and paid cash. They were so disorganized (missing paperworks left and right), it took weeks for the car to be delivered. They promised to provide wheel locks and all weather mats. Well, guess what... NADA! Please be sure to read everything correctly and ask them to follow through with whatever that they promised. Also, their paperwork fee is slightly higher than other dealership in the area, that's how they make their bucks on customers. Just double check it....
    Thanks for the heads up ! :shades:
  • jjcdaddyjjcdaddy Member Posts: 10
    I am looking to purchase a new MDX Tech or Tech/Ent this fall. I live in a metropolitan area with lots of dealers and based on internet searches, inventory seems to be plenty. From browsing through this forum, I get the feeling that better prices were had in the spring/summer of this year for a 2009 MDX. Traditionally, the fall is a good time to buy, but with the delay of the 2010 MDX, is this causing inventory shortages? One rumor I heard was that factories had too many MDX's and therefore the 2010 model was being delayed. I'd like to pay 41k incl destination for a Tech/Ent or 39k incl dest for a Tech model. Is this reasonable for this fall? TIA.
    the $2000 marketing support will most likely continue. I do not know if it will increase like last year, as it gets closer towards the 2010 release. However, I doubt the marketing support/financing incentives will cease after the sept 8th expiration.

Is acura continuing production on 2009 models to keep up with demand since 2010 models are being delayed? Is this confirmed? If so what is your feel on whether dealers would be more likely to bargain down due to this?
  • kidd996kidd996 Member Posts: 6
    I sat down with a sales rep last weekend. He showed me the scheduled production runs for MDX for the month of September. I'm taking it at face value that Acura is still producing MDX at least through end of September. Dealer did state that Acura's goal is to have no 2009's on the lot when the 2010's arrive in December.

I got the sense that the dealer was still willing to bargain (i.e. invoice less $$).
  • danjacsondanjacson Member Posts: 2
    I just got a quote for a 2009 MDX Tech for 41,836 out-the-door including tax (3%), tags, fees, and roof-rack, and running boards (the sport type). W/out tax etc...the price was 39,934. Think this is worth doing?
  • 1910119101 Member Posts: 2
    hi, i am looking for a 2009 mdx awd tech/entertainment package, what is the best price to pay. I am ready to buy right now. thanks for your help.
    Does that price include destination? If so, I'd say thats a real good price. The roof-rail/sport running board runs about $900 at most dealers w/installation. So you are looking at 39,034 + TTL. May I ask what area/dealer you are purchasing from?
  • lp11lp11 Member Posts: 1
    Stopped by an Acura dealer in Central Jersey last night & got what I think is a pretty good quote, $41,400 for the 2009 w/tech & entertainment. I know there is an August incentive but I'm wondering if I can do better if I wait another month or so? Is $41,400 good or can I do better?
  • jbaby79jbaby79 Member Posts: 36
    I'm in the process of helping my brother-in-law purchase a new car and wanted to know what people are paying for 2009 MDX base model.

I've gotten only one quote right now for $40,207.99 out the door price. $37,586 before TTL fees.

I know there is $2K in dealer cash. Should I be able to knock another $2k off these quotes. I'm still waiting on some other internet quotes.

Thanks for the help -John
  • acuraxyzacuraxyz Member Posts: 8
    I got a quote of 41,950 (Including Destination and Protection Package) for MDX 2009 Sport/Ent. What do you guys think about this quote? Thanks for your opinions!
  • mwocqdmwocqd Member Posts: 12
    That's pretty good. What area are you in? I have a quote on an MDX Sport for $41,600. I'd be happy to pay $350 more for the sport/ent.
  • habsonehabsone Member Posts: 47
    BUY IT.GOOD LUCK...

Best Regards,

habsone
    acuraxyz..you said you already bought a Tech/Ent from Wayne Acura. Are you buying another one or something fishy happened with the first deal.
  • acuraxyzacuraxyz Member Posts: 8
    cbusireddy, actually I bought the Tech/Ent (that's what I thought). I put the down payment, but didn't get the delivery of the car because the car had some minor defects. They couldn't get another car with the color I wanted (black/black). Now I can eitther take Tech/Ent with a different color or buy Sport/Ent. That's why the dilemna. Sorry for the confusion.
    you are lucky..they did not give you the one with defects... :)
  • danjacsondanjacson Member Posts: 2
    Yes, it included destination...but I had to pay $700 for the sport running boards. They threw in the roof rails/cross-bars...which were almost $600 at list price. I got it at Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, MD.
  • 1910119101 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, Where are you all getting these quotes of 41.600 for a 2009 acura mdx tech and entertainment package. Give me a dealer's name please. So far all the dealers quoted me 45,000 for the mdx tech with entertainment package. I am in west virginia. Thanks.
  • ppalonskyppalonsky Member Posts: 34
    Just bought a Cherry Red MDX today in the Raleigh, NC area. Paid $41,832 + TTL and a doc fee of $395. Inventory seems tight as I called several dealers and they didn't have many on their lots, so I was happy with the above price which represents $1500 below invoice (split dealer cash $1500 for me and $500 for them). We wanted either the Cherry Red or the Bali Blue and this red one just arrived the day we closed the deal. The deal was strickly for the MDX with no trade involved.
    A tech/ent package runs 43.3K at invoice including destination. You need to do some due diligence to gain an idea of market value. Acura also has a 2k marketing support for the mdx. At the least, you should be getting quoted invoice price... people on this forum are regularly paying under that due to the marketing support. If you are willing to travel, you may want to try a dealers outside of w.virginia.
  • dfw_shopperdfw_shopper Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone else been looking to buy in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

I called today about '09 Tech Package Black ext. Taupe int. and the best over the phone deal I got was $42,500, not including TTL.

I was given a speech about "that's the market price in Texas". It just feels a little high.
  • molsenmolsen Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2009 Acura MDX sport package without entertainment. Paid $ 41700 + 6.5% tax + $600 title and $50 plate fee. Black ext and int. This car was like a demo in the dealer's office (31 miles from the meter).

Not sure if this is a good deal. What's your thoughts?
    The lowest online quote I've gotten in the Houston area is $41,286 for 09 MDX with tech package before TTL.
  • dfw_shopperdfw_shopper Member Posts: 2
    jbaby79 - What dealership were you working with? I contacted Gillman yesterday and the best they offered over the phone was $42,950.
  • brvbrv Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up a silver MDX (black int) with Tech Pkg from First Acura Seekonk, MA.

$40,150 (including dest) + tax, title, reg, plates, & $238 doc fee.

Very nice people, easy transaction, no hassles. They didn't have the int/ext color combo I wanted so they searched for one. They found one built in July 09...not bad.

One tank of gas in country, back roads driving, limited city stop and go:
    20 MPG per computer and manual calculation of miles driven divided by gallons needed to fill tank back up.
  • raj71raj71 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

Can you tell me which dealership is offering you this price in Houston. I know one dealer quoted me close to 43K I laughed a him and came back.
    Raj71 and dfw_shopper,

I'm working with Champion Acura in league city. Sterlin McCall said they would match my quote but they didn't have any MDX with tech left.

Let me if you either of you decide to buy from Champion maybe we can try to get a better deal if we have more buyers.

-John
  • i1tnedseli1tnedsel Member Posts: 1
    Just paid $41100 for a 2009 MDX with the technology package in the Washington DC Metro area. I also took the Acura financing of the 3.9%. Got the right colors I wanted too. Was this a good deal? I had to play a couple dealers off of each other but it worked. The above price did not include the tax/tag/title/etc.
  • crvexcrvex Member Posts: 23
    ppalonsky
    which dealership you bought your MDX from in Raleigh? I went to auto park last month and the dealer refused to share any of the $2000 market support with me.

thanks
    That seems like a good deal considering the prices I got down here in Houston.
    We bought it at Leith Acura in Cary.
  • crvexcrvex Member Posts: 23
    that is the one i went to. I have a good trade (2004 CRV) for them and the guys there insist that they will held all the market support money!!!!

Do you have any suggestion whom i should talk to in that dealership?
    I will buy a Q5 if i can not get a similar deal you got from them

thanks!
    crvex

The Edmunds rules prohibit posting the salespersons name. If you would like more information you can contact me at gonzo9565-edmunds@yahoo.com and I will be glad to give you more info,