Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    polarsandpolarsand Member Posts: 23
    I don't think so. My friend closed 2 days ago for $39K flat including destination in MD (DC sub). black/ebony.
  • Options
    acuraxyzacuraxyz Member Posts: 8
    So finally I bought 2009 Acura MDX Sport/Ent (with Protection Package I). Paid $41,950 + TTL. Black/Black. Thanks for all the inputs.
  • Options
    mjf415mjf415 Member Posts: 13
    I paid $37,000 including destination and doc fees for a base model last week. This was at a smaller dealership in CT that doesn't do a lot of volume, though they didn't have a lot of '08 inventory. You might do better at a higher volume dealer. I also think they would have come down a few hundred more if I pushed considerably harder.
  • Options
    divaranidivarani Member Posts: 6
    polarsand,

would you mind sharing where they purchased from and whom? Please email me at divaraniji@yahoo.com. thank you!
  • Options
    divaranidivarani Member Posts: 6
    acuraxyz,

where did you ultimately purchase from? could you please let me know and where you were getting your earlier deal from the tech w/ ent package? and the sales person? my email is divaraniji@yahoo.com. thanks!
  • Options
    rmishrarmishra Member Posts: 5
    This white MDX has only 12.5k miles on it, can someone tell me what would be the reasonable private party price for this vehicle. Edmunds comes back with an estimate of 32k whereas kbb surpirsingly prices it around 37.8k

Seller's offer is 36.5k and I am not sure if it's the right price. Any suggestions will be helpful..
  • Options
    ez123ez123ez123ez123 Member Posts: 9
    i plan to buy MDX and waiting for better deal toward the end of the year. my question is how do i make sure if the car is not a demo in the show room?
    Thanks,
  • Options
    jjcdaddyjjcdaddy Member Posts: 10
    They will tell you if it is a demo. Pretty straight forward. make sure its not a demo. I dont know where you reside but I would be careful not to wait too long for a 2009 model. Inventories are running low and traditional year end deals dont seem so prevalent this year. Good luck.
  • Options
    maxzoey1maxzoey1 Member Posts: 34
    I made my deal on August 14th for my Balck on Black Tech package. The dealer did not have the color in stock and all Tech models were sold that were scheduled to come in were sold. I was told my vechicle would not go into production until after Labor Day and would not be delivered until the end of September or first week of October. I was also told that the only colors that would be produced for the balance of the model year would be black, silver and white..
  • Options
    txscottxscot Member Posts: 3
    In the market for a base MDX in the Houston area. I talked with John Eagle today and best I could get was $38,000 + TTL. I'm thinking that this is still rather high - anyone have any experience to share regarding prices being offered at other dealers in the are?

Thanks
  • Options
    elanspelansp Member Posts: 39
    I just leased mine in NJ. Got the dealer down to a purchase price of $ 36,500. A couple of dealers came in at this price but the ones closest to me only had black, white or silver. I was able to secure a dark red at a dealer at a dealer farther away from me but at the price they didn't throw in any free-bees.....
  • Options
    avptavpt Member Posts: 3
    Received tech/ent few days ago. Paid invoice (including destination fee) minus 2k dealer cash from Power Acura in Torrance, CA. No hassles, honest, no haggling. Called and asked if they could do this deal, sales mngr said yes and we proceeded. No additional last minute fees or documentation fees or dealer advertisement fees. Different experience compared to the majority in the west coast (except for one dlr) who didnt want to touch it with a 10 ft pole. Heard about them somewhere else on this forum and it was a different kind of carbuying experience. Would definitely recommend them.
  • Options
    10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    I would like to do the same. How did you get the dealer to agree to this "Unknown price" and stick to it.? I have been told they have no idea of their buy out cost until it is turned in. They could tell you any price up to the residual value and once its turned in to AFS (HFS) at their store they could play with the number to suit their needs. This is especially true if they want it for their used car lot. Would appreciate any information to assist me in facilitating this process. Who was your dealer?
  • Options
    eagle21eagle21 Member Posts: 26
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone got a good deal on a Base MDX over at Acura of Boston and also any advice when to go get one. I know I just missed a marketing kickback from Acura for $2000. But, I was think of waiting till the 2010 model comes to replace 09. Any advice is welcomed. I have been looking for a used MDX, but either the price is expensive w/ low miles or price is inexpensive w/ high miles and the leather seats cracked, so I am looking at brand new when even the 07 and 08 models are priced at around 33k to 37k which is nearing brand new anyhow.

Thanks!!! :D
  • Options
    ihatelexusihatelexus Member Posts: 4
    Thanks to everyone for all of your help. We just purchased an '09 base MDX for total OTD $38.5k. here's the breakdown:

35,811 purchase price (incl destination)
    2238 tax (6.25% MA Sales Tax)
    300 title & doc prep
    125 Plates / Registration

Total out the door $38,473

There wasn't a lot of inventory, so i thought this was a good final price... especially given the $2k dealer incentive ends 9/8 and we didn't want to wait to see what incentives would come next. It's close to end of model year, and an earlier poster had mentioned incentives may get better (they did last year) but given inventory levels - we're happy with pulling the trigger now with a purchase price of $2251 under invoice (incl destination). We'll pickup later this week.

Kudos to all the terrific posters - made this purchase decision a lot better/more informed!
  • Options
    kewl_carkewl_car Member Posts: 17
    I am looking for a good price for MDX with Technology Price in Northern Virginia. What should be the out the door price. Any suggestions
    Thanks
  • Options
    ihatelexusihatelexus Member Posts: 4
    forgot to ask... was this a good deal? All you mdx fans, pls don't be shy - really interested in whether this was fair/? plus i'm sure alot of other forum members are interested in reactions....

We're very happy to be picking up our first Acura in just days!! thanks
  • Options
    kenny189kenny189 Member Posts: 3
    Mercedez Benz $6000 discount for the 2009 model is signaling big Discountg on the 2009 MDX. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    jkotovskyjkotovsky Member Posts: 9
    Any inside information on whether the $2,000 dealer incentives will be renewed after they expire on 9/8/09?
  • Options
    polarsandpolarsand Member Posts: 23
    I don't think so. There aren't many 09 MDX available on dealer lots to discount them!
  • Options
    jassw1078jassw1078 Member Posts: 2
    SF Bay Area: Bought my 09 with tech model over the weekend from Oakland Acura for $39200 (no extra accessories added). OTD was around $43K (9.75% sales tax here). Got the Silver... Best price from Pleasanton was 40284. Burlingame and Stevens Creek were around 39600. Stevens Creek would not beat Oakland's price. I negotiated via Internet Sales dept (Email).

Hope this Helps!
  • Options
    jenp123jenp123 Member Posts: 39
    Good question because mine is the same! I have been gathering quotes right now for the same vehicle in No. Va, I was recently quoted $40k, not including freight, taxes, and $90 processing. I talked to my previous dealer who sold me my TL and he is trying to quote me around 39k, but I am waiting. He is applying the 2k incentive even though others have said it was expired. I have been looking at used, but the prices are insane. A 2007 model with over 30k miles is still pushing between 35-37k, I don't get that, where are the deals? I'd be interested in hearing from people from this area too.
  • Options
    maxzoey1maxzoey1 Member Posts: 34
    I think the discounts will continue seeing the 09 model year has been extended to the end of November. You have to remember Acuras is selling a 09 model versus all the 2010 models now released or soon to be released.Production of 09 MDX will continue until the end of November although in limited colors.
  • Options
    rajmoviessrajmoviess Member Posts: 1
    jazzmick

I live in Philly Suburb. I'm interested in this deal.

Can you share the dealer details.
  • Options
    acurasinmaacurasinma Member Posts: 2
    I guess the deals are better in other parts of the country. I live in the Boston area and just bought a 2009 with Tech for $41,000 last week (minus a generous trade-in allowance on my old car). There are none left with Tech only on the lots of any of the 4 Acura dealers in the area. They were all quoting me on MDXs to be delivered from late September through mid-October. I put a $1000 refundable deposit down on one that was to be delivered in late September but another dealer got one back last week that had a deposit on it and he called me and we got it for $600 cheaper than any of the other 3 dealers were willing to go. I negotiated pretty hard and that's the best I could do. Seems the only ones left on lots up here are the base model.

The $2000 manufacturer incentive has been extended past yesterday (Sept. 8) and I've been told it's closer to $2500 than the previous $2000. Also the new financing incentive is 2.9% for 60 month loans and 1.9% for 36 month loans. So I guess I should have waited a week!

I've been told the 2010s won't be delivered until late December/early January. That's pretty late for a new model year, isn't it?
  • Options
    ssidssid Member Posts: 1
    What's the best deal on 2009 MDX Tech in MN?
  • Options
    kidd996kidd996 Member Posts: 6
    Great price. Seems almost too good. The dealer actually lost money on this sale. Did you have a trade in or was it a demo? I'm not sure why a dealer would cut one loose and loose money. Nice grab. Did the dealer have a glut of inventory?
  • Options
    Are you sure the marketing support has been extended past 9/8/09? Edmonds.com is currently showing marketing support for every other acura model except for the 2009 MDX. The only incentive shown for the MDX is low Apr. What is your source for the marketing incentive extension? --thanks.
  • Options
    Can anyone verify that the $2,000 marketing support for the 2009 MDX ended on 9/8/2009? I see on Edmonds.com that there is no longer marketing support for the MDX. Thanks.
  • Options
    acurasinmaacurasinma Member Posts: 2
    That's what another dealer told me yesterday. It was the dealer that I took back my deposit from on the MDX that was going to be delivered in late September. They called me yesterday to ask if I had already bought the other one because they could now match the deal from the other dealer because the manufacturer incentive was raised above the $2000 from before (they wouldn't tell me exactly what it was but I guessed around $2500 since they said they would now come down $600 and match the other dealer). They also said the new financing program was 2.9% on 37-60 months and 1.9% on 24-36 months.

I just looked on the Acura web site and the new financing incentive is on there even though it wasn't yesterday (link below). So I'm going to assume they weren't lying about the manufacturer incentive either.

http://www.acura.com/tools/shopping/CurrentOffers.aspx?model=MDX&modelYear=2009
  • Options
    jjcdaddyjjcdaddy Member Posts: 10
    Just purchased a Black TECH MDX in this area. Paid 39.7k including freight. 2 different dealers told me that the incentives (marketing support) had stayed the same. The financing obviously changed... dropped a percent.
  • Options
    ndanndan Member Posts: 14
    36300 incl dest for an mdx base, with the 1.9% apr offer for 36mths. Doc fee 199...no other fees...Is it worth taking or wait for deals to get better in the next couple of months? Would like to do something bfore end of the year....Thank you in advance for any responses...
  • Options
    pittmdxpittmdx Member Posts: 9
    What state, city do you get this deal? I think this is a good one.
  • Options
    jenp123jenp123 Member Posts: 39
    That's a good deal, that is basically what Radley Acura quoted, MD dealer was higher. Can you say on here which dealer you used? Are you leasing or bought flat out- if so wondering what your lease deal looked liked.
  • Options
    eagle21eagle21 Member Posts: 26
    Can you tell me which dealer and who was the sales rep? I am currently look at a base model MDX because the certified used either have mileage w/low price or vice versa.

Thanks!
  • Options
    aribannaribann Member Posts: 16
    NDAN

Look at these tools listed below, you should be able to get to several hundred dollars below your current number. Is it worth your time? yes, as its likely as simple as going through the offer / counter offer scenario.

Remember with AHFC finance you can borrow up to 140% of purchase price with your good credit. Is there a way for you to arbitrage that?

Car offer negotiation calculator
    members.cox.net/ranchopedro/

True Car
  • Options
    ez123ez123ez123ez123 Member Posts: 9
    is 42300 included destination a good price? no dealer in my area (new jersey) is willing to drop a penny. :sick:
    Please email me the dealer and sales name to tgv@earthlink.net if you know any better deal in my area.

Any advice?
    Thanks,
  • Options
    Thanks Aribann, I am now at 35800 incl dest for the base mdx in a color i was looking for...thinking of going for it...i am not getting a good amt for my trade in..so dont know if i should do it or jus try selling it on my own....
  • Options
    You probably being offered a value that your vehicle goes through auction on avg

What is the trade
    Year
    Make
    Model
    Its True Condition
    ?
  • Options
    2003 nissan sentra one owner brought new and well maintained dealer serviced 55000 miles, a 2.5 LE
  • Options
    Auction numbers, use the average value

09/01/09 BISHOP B Regular $3,600 76,936 Avg SILV
    08/12/09 NADE Regular $3,200 94,940 Avg SILVER
    06/30/09 GTR TUSC Regular $2,700 113,717 Avg GOLD
    06/25/09 EL PASO Regular $2,450 153,873 Avg SILVER
    05/28/09 DARLNTON Regular $5,700 53,559 Above BLACK
    03/26/09 CHICAGO Regular $4,000 90,753 Avg BLK

Sep 12 - Sep 19 2009
    Above Average Below Oct 2009 Sep 2010
    Auction $5,850 $4,750 $3,625 $4,675 $3,450
    Est. Retail $6,700 $5,500 $4,300 $5,425 $4,100
  • Options
    Thanks a ton...so to read this right -- you mean an average auction value of 4750 would be something i can expect from the dealer as a fair value? for a trade in. Really appreciate your help.
  • Options
    txscottxscot Member Posts: 3
    Can you provide some background on this purchase. I highlighted it to a dealer here in Houston however he is unwilling to give it consideration....basically he is saying that it isnt a real deal. Anything that you could provide would be helpful in moving my dealer towards a more realistic price.

Thanks
  • Options
    raj71raj71 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

If you trying to buy MDX in houston you cannot get the deals you see here or what people are getting in Cal or East coast thats my personal experience. The best place would be to go to Champions Acura as you can get the best deal over there. John Eagle sucks.
  • Options
    Yes you are absolutely correct, that number is the avg of what they would get out of your trade.

The dated rows are actual transactions, of which there are very few.

I used 60000 miles for your car, the algorithm then adjusts accordingly

This tool is as close as a non-insider can get for valuation, and its close enough for a negotiation scenario
    link black book
  • Options
    mtgoanchormanmtgoanchorman Member Posts: 13
    I currently have a deal in place for a 2009 Bali Blue Base Model MDX. The purchase will happen in the state of Colorado and the deal is:

Trade in 2001 Acura TL 60k miles with two front bumper cracks, minor paint wear on the bottom trim of the car, minor hail damage, and minor tear in passenger seat leather. Other than that the car is in pretty good condition and it runs flawlessly with all service up to date.
    Trade in value: $5600

New Base MDX: $37550
    Accessories including Chrome Side Steps, Tow Package, Side Moldings, Roof Racks/Crossbars: $2330

Total price of car: $39880
    Total Trade in $5600

Total purchase price exluding tax: $34280.

My only concerns are that I do not absolutely need this new car today, but do feel it is necessary to have it within 3-4 months. Does it pay to wait for the 2010 model? Money in the market lately has been doing tremendously and the 2010 model seems to have a lot of better features on it and a better design. Any advice on whether or not to make this purchase in the next 2-3 weeks would be helpful. I'm down to the 2009 MDX or waiting 2-4 months to get the 2010 if it will end up costing me less overall based on the current market trend (stock market that is).
  • Options
    Could you tell me specifically what dealer you are working with to get that price. I would really appreciate it. mtgoanchorman@gmail.com or just reply here
  • Options
    I just got back from the dealer, completed the paper work should be getting the vehicle in one week -- cherry red with black interior. Final price was 35800 + 550 for the roof racks / cross bars..Still not sure if i would want this accessory, btw is this a fair price for the roof racks and crossbars? The dealer was ramsey acura in new jersey, process seemed pretty smooth...got the 1.9%, 35800 + 550 (for roof rack kit) + 199 (documentation fee) + taxes + dmv fee.

Do have a question if the price of 550 for the roof rack kit (roof rails + cross bars) is reasonable, and in general do folks think roof rails and crossbars to be a useful option to have? thanks much..for the help.

Btw, aribann the trade in did not work out..in fact the dealer saw it and pointed to some blemishes on the bumper and said his best is 3500...so i am just going to try on my own and see how it goes. Thanks a lot for your pointers.
  • Options
    550 is reasonable but definitely a bit high....by high i mean it should have been 480-500.......but at the end of the day you got a helluva deal on the base price of the car. makes sense that it was in jersey and cherry red though, dealers have tried to sell me a red model by offering a better price there and suv's arent as easy to sell in jersey as they are in colorado. you can google "bernardi acura" and u will see a site that sells acura oem parts, then factor in maybe 1 hour for installation and then factor inyour value of getting 4 year warranty on them by buying the car with it. thats the best way to figure out pricing on accessories.

i am buying all my mats/cargo trays aftermarket, but taking all the installed items from the dealer
  • Options
    sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    I personally would be very cautious of 2010 models...
    Honda is not very good when it comes to introducing new transmission

In 2010 Honda is moving from 5 speed to six speed...

now go and do search for 2000 or 2001 Honda/Acura models you will see that lot of people were/are having transmission problems...Honda extended the trans warrenty for Acura owners...but honda owners were left holding the bag...There was a trans recall issued...