Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• xmoustcxmoustc Member Posts: 12
    You can email weakestlink for info.

I bought my 09 MDX base for $36,500 OTD. They threw in wheel locks. Have to pay VA fee and MD tax and tag. Car sale price is around $34k including freight.

Transaction was super. Total purchase time is around 1 hour. Sales person was very good. Completely hassle free.
  • amit4112amit4112 Member Posts: 6
    Hi he46570,
    If you dont mind, could you please tell me which sales person you worked with? I am looking for one and the lowest price offered to me is $40,537 + TTL with free scheduled maintenance for 4yrs or 48k miles. Did you get any accessories with the car? What was your OTD cost if you dont mind sharing.
    Thanks
  • sam9846sam9846 Member Posts: 2
    What's the lowest price for 2009 Acura MDX/tech package that I can find? I am in the market to purchase a new MDX/tech. Carsdirect.com is $41,000 after approx. 4000 rebate. Any where I can find cheaper then that?
  • snapdasnapda Member Posts: 11
    just bought mine today for $39,700K +TTL for the tech package - in the bay area...these cars are still selling fast.
    Hi Sam9846,
    if you dont mind, could you please tell me which dealership you bought your car from? I am looking for one and the lowest price offered to me is $40,537 + TTL with free scheduled maintenance for 4yrs or 48k miles. Did you get any accessories with the car? What was your OTD cost if you dont mind sharing. you can email me the details at amitjadhav@live.com
    Thanks
  • sam9846sam9846 Member Posts: 2
    i got the quote from montclair DCH acura dealership... they offered me $49300
    Hi snapda,
    if you dont mind, could you please tell me which dealership you bought your car from?I live in San Jose, CA and am looking for one and the lowest price offered to me is $40,537 + TTL with free scheduled maintenance for 4yrs or 48k miles. Did you get any accessories with the car? What was your OTD cost if you dont mind sharing. you can email me the details at amitjadhavlive.com
  • snapdasnapda Member Posts: 11
    Looking for any info to buy this for California...bernardi doesn't work in California and before Acura locks out the online guys, want to find one. Any pointers appreciated.
  • glockfanglockfan Member Posts: 30
    Anyone purchased a new MDX in the Atlanta area?
    I am looking for a MDX Tech Pkg.
    Prices? Dealer recommendations?
    Thanks!
  • oisinoisin Member Posts: 2
    This is great information - I too am looking to buy immediately. I can see on Edmunds that there is a $2000 marketing dealer incentive on the special financing but what is the other $2k incentive for?

Thanks!
  • adhariaadharia Member Posts: 4
    Bought an '09 MDX Tech for 39500+TTL. Financed whole amount at 2.9. How did I do? I think pretty well, but not sure.
  • glockfanglockfan Member Posts: 30
    Where did you purchase it?
    Open Road Acura in NJ
  • funk74funk74 Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a great deal. you did real good.

Did they throw in any other options?
    Nope...i tried to get wheel locks at the least. I think they were annoyed with me because I went in, told them the price I want to pay and that I was not willing to budge and that I knew the invoice price along with marketing support (which was 2000, not 4000 like people have noted). All the while I was being nice, joking and charming...they finally gave in and said...."you should be happy that it's closing time and the manager wants to get out of here, so we will give it to you at the price you want". I hope i really did get a great deal, and by reading on here, i think i did....nonetheless, i am happy with the purchase regardless and will enjoy the new ride.
  • peachekeenpeachekeen Member Posts: 2
    Does the 39,500 include dock fee?
    Thanks!
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Shame on you getting your price because it was closing time and the mgr wanted to go home. ;)
    No, 39.5K selling price of car only...dock fee pluss taxes, title, dest all on top of that.
  • peachekeenpeachekeen Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much!
  • hotch41hotch41 Member Posts: 61
    This is a showroom car so it had the following installed options:
    Painted pin stripe: $199
    All Season Mats: $138
    Roof Rack and Cross Rails: $702
    Chrome Side Steps: $911
    Wheel Locks: $119
    Body Side Molding: $318
    Total Options = $2,387

MSRP of vehicle = $50,367 (47,950 + 2,387) TMV before options is $42,015.
    Dealer discounted price = $45,867 before tax and fees
    Given the available dealer incentive, I still think I can do better.
    Long story, but I will trade my '08 MDX Sport w/Power Tailgate (with about 47K miles) and they offered $33K.

Any input about if this is a good deal. They appear to be holding out on their disc price since they increased their offer on my trade from $31K. Thanks very much!
  • rayyogirayyogi Member Posts: 12
    Any good dealers in MD / VA area that can offer MDX with tech pkg out the door price for around 42k?
    Pretty much any dealer that I talked to last week except Tisher Acura would offer 39000 + TTL, which is < 42k OTD.

If you are in VA, you can get it slightly above 40k OTD without too much haggling.

Try to do the haggling over the internet. Just be firm about price and tell them you are ready to buy a car TODAY (if you are ready). It's the end of the month, so I think it should be no problem gettting a good deal.
  • kewl_carkewl_car Member Posts: 17
    I am being offered $40550 Out the door for 09 MDX Tech Pkg. Dealer is Chevy Chase Acura in MD
  • sunnyasunnya Member Posts: 3
    The best offer I am able to get in Phoenix is 41,000 OTD for a base version. It looks like in VA with tech pkg it s lesser than this. If anyone have bought or looking for one is AZ, please let me know the best prices you were able to get.
  • mensah007mensah007 Member Posts: 8
    This is the best deal that I got, after some decent negotiting, I think. 2009 Acura MDX with Tech & Rear Entertainment Package, scheduled maint and loaner for 50K miles, $39,911. Lease offer for $3,913 down and $599/month, 36 month/10K miles year w/3.25 MF. Please let me know if these numbers seem decent or if I should push for better. I feel like I can do better on the lease numbers, but not sure what angle to pursue. I have no problem walking away if this is not the best deal I can get right now. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
  • tl_stl_s Member Posts: 13
    for purchase price that is pretty good with tech/ent package, but for lease i would push the miliage up 15k/yr for that kind payment, otherwise you would not able to drive the vehicle and enjoy it. :shades:
  • caprice2caprice2 Member Posts: 34
    Hi,
    Is it the OTD price. which dealer is it.

I am looking in jacksonville, FL & around, i am only finding lowest price of 40k + ttl+fee(599) for mdx tech.

if i find good price i am willing to travel and pick the car.
    Thx in advance. :)
  • rayyogirayyogi Member Posts: 12
    Hey,
    I am going to Chevy Chase dealer today. They want to know who got this offer. Can I know your name for reference?
    Actually, it doesn't matter. If you are ready, just tell them you want that price right there. If they don't offer you that price, tell them you will go to another dealer.

It doesn't matter whom they gave that offer to. The fact is they can sell an MDX for that price. They really don't care whom they sell the cars to.
  • mdxneedmdxneed Member Posts: 2
    Has anybody recently bought 2009 MDX with Tech & Rear Entertainment Package in NJ. If so what is the price you payed for it. :shades:
  • mdxneedmdxneed Member Posts: 2
    Does anybody know or heard anything about the MDX 2010. When is it coming out in the market.
  • ynroyynroy Member Posts: 3
    I am from Jax, FL, finally purchased my dream car MDX(dark cherry) after long wait it is brand new base model for $36200 before tax & tile etc. I think it is good price based on what I see in forums. I love the car and can't be more happier.

following items were added by dealer all inclusive of the price mentioned above
    Rear view mirror backup camera ( dealer said it costs 800$).
    Body side molding
    Wheel locks
    Cargo net
    All season floor mats & cargo mat.

my question is I have also purchased Acura care extended warranty for 3000$ (100k / 7 year). I am confused and feared it might cost in the long run for repairs so I jumped ( I intent to keep this car forever) but I think I paid too much for it but dealer said I can cancel it if I do not like it later.
    what should I do ? do you think it is worth over long run ? or can I buy somewhere else (from reliable source)

please advise
    Thank you
  • lexluthorlexluthor Member Posts: 48
    Looking for Acura MDX Base here on Long Island.

I was quoted the same exact price of $36562+ttl from 2 different dealers internet sales departments.

The one I spoke to didn't seem like they were budging any at all.

Do you all think there could be any more room or is that pretty much it?
    Xmoustc, how'd you get $36,500 OTD?! I was offered $36,562+TTL from 2 different internet sales departments on Long Island.

You are over $2K below that.
  • amikelhenryamikelhenry Member Posts: 3
    I am new to this site and have just been reading these endless posts about saving a little money here or there and travelling great distances to do so. I have been in the car business for 30 years from a salesperson to a General Sales Manager and now have opened a very small used car business. 1st point... The markup on the new cars is at an all time low. Compared to any other commodity, the MSRP as it exists now on a new car is significantly less than the profit margin on furniture, jewelry, even I would hazard a guess than a loaf of bread. Before you "experts" advise me of all the hidden money dealers get, please do not confuse invoice cost as true cost. True cost would reflect on a per unit basis the manpower it takes to pre-service the car, detail the vehicle, do the DMV work here in California at least, pay the salesperson for acclimating you to the car, facility rental to display the cars, electricity, floorplan interest; etc., etc., etc. To make obtaining a car in today's climate something akin to a complicated hostile takeover in complexity to me is overdoing it, with all due respect. What really bewilders me is those of you who seemingly have made getting the car at the lowest price in the United States a top priority do not seem to consider the cost to you all in time, energy both mental and physical, expense of travel to dealer to dealer, phone charges, lack of a good feeling between your local dealer and yourself during the period of ownership, and most importantly the cost to you to do without the car you want to get while this lengthy process ensues. Here is an idea, do your research, get with somebody at your local dealer you become comfortable with, spend some time driving the car with this person and narrow down what you want, have them get it, utilize all the internet resources if you do not absolutely trust what they are saying about the pricing to verify it and pay it and start enjoying it. If you find out you could have saved $200, $300, $500 or more 3 months later in a neighboring state, so what???? Who comes out the winner? I think the customer who has been enjoying the car the past 3 months with the relationship at the local dealer!
    I absolutely agree with you.
    I would be more than willing to pay $500 more to local dealer to get the car.
    I agree the longterm relation, helping hometown economy etc.,.
    In these days I would give a definite thought if I can get 1k or more difference if I drive a little(i wouldnt drive coast to coast/ship it even for 4k, thats ruled out). Frankly speaking I look at these discussion once in a week for around a month(It helps me make an informed decision, helps me weighin on the model/trim lvl etc.,) before actually buying the car, After that I will re-visit after 5+ yrs when it is time again.

Thank you.
    Hi I am in Jax too, which dealer is it. What was the OTD price.
  • sam159sam159 Member Posts: 13
    This is exactly my local dealer said when he tried to screw me by charging around 2000 bucks more. I ended up buying it from another dealer 34 miles more.Do understand all the points, but I would rather drive 34 mles instead of paying 2000 more. Relationship with the local dealer?? What relationshp? he is doing to take me out to drink every week? He is a businessman and the vehicles he has sold and the othre dealer sold is the same for him when it is taken to the service dept.
    Tired of this people who come out and give their advice claiming that the car dealers and car salesman are so honest and dont make any money that others are stupid...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    400 separate discussions on pricing by make and model here...

Yet, you post a generic diatribe about how we shouldn't be looking for the best price.... in an Acura MDX discussion..

Referring to the title of your post.... I guess we know who has nothing better to do... ;)

Welcome to CarSpace.com forums!

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gurucoolgurucool Member Posts: 5
    lexluthor:

ask the dealer to include

ttl+registration
    Wheel locks
    Cargo net
    All season floor mats & cargo mat.

i got 36450/- including all of the above in oregon though
    If I don't obsess about squeezing the last penny out of a car deal, what the hell else am I going to do with my time ---- face the real issues I need to make my life better? Forget that !!!!! :P
    $36450 after TTL is a long way off from my $36562+TTL price that 2 dealers quoted me via the internet.

I saw the 2 people who got about the same deal as you in Virginia.

I sent a whole bunch of online inquires asking if they could make $34099+TTL to dealers within 50 miles of me, so maybe one will come back with that.

If not, do I have to go to Virginia to get that price? Can I get it from the dealer and do a long distance transaction and have them ship the car to a local dealer?
    Dear Sam,
    Relationship with local dealer does not involve going out for a drink with him, it means after looking at his posted Customer Satisfaction Rating that is only generated from customers who take the time to respond and statistically that usually means people who have an axe to grind, and seeing if it is still high which my guess it is, will be there should you have a problem with the DMV, have a problem getting a form for your taxes, have an accident and need an appraisal for insurance purposes, have a mechanical breakdown during ownership, in and out of warranty coverage and expect prompt good treatment. It does not take stupid people like me to document that in the last 2 years, this nation has lost 30% of its new car dealer body affecting local sales tax, employment, and charities across our 50 states. But thanks for the warm-hearted welcome!
    Making a little progress.

Paragon Acura in Woodside, NY will do $35,995+TTL and is still negotiable. They said they are the #1 Acura dealer in the nation (I think all dealers say that, right).

So if you guys who got the $34,100+TTL price can maybe give me some more ammo, like Dealer Name, exact model/pricing/options, date purchased, etc, that might help me in final negotiations.

It's still $2K higher than 3 other people here got, so I'm a bit concerned.
  • ynroyynroy Member Posts: 3
    OTD is 39500$ + extended warranty that is 3000$, I went to both dealers on end of month and they both are around same price range, I preferred Duval acura because they have the car I wanted
  • sam159sam159 Member Posts: 13
    And ur interest in posting the "facts" that car dealers are there to save consumers money in Acura MDX discussion board is????
    So I guess the right thing to do is to pay as much as the "local dealer" asks and get ripped off so that he/she can wish me when I meet him/her in the supermarket!!!

Looks like the dealer who I pissed off taking the business elsewhere is posting here!:)
  • bombaybombay Member Posts: 5
    Dealer dude - I'll buy into everything you say provided you are willing to petition the government to allow direct sales of vehicles on the internet to the public. Every other product is sold that way. So all the good stuff - the jobs for the local population, supporting the local economy pales in comparison to the issue of a NADA monopoly. But as Sam points out, unless you have anything to contribute to the pricing discussion, please seek sympathy elsewhere...
    Let me make then my last "contribution" to the pricing discussion, and I know most of you are saying "finally." The history of the car business in the 50s and 60s into the 70s even was at best uneven and perhaps worse than that. When Senator Munroney however introduced legislation standardizing MSRPs across the board, a lot of the difference that existed in pricing disappeared. With the advent of factories claiming that they are holding the line on price increases which in fact they and nobody else in any other field can do thereby holding onto the same retail price but passing costs and increases onto the dealer the average MSRP today has about a 7% markup. For those mathematically challenged that means on a $30,000 MSRP car it might have a $1700 markup. How is that "ripping you off" if you agreed to pay that? What other store do you go in and see the price tag and spend the time and energy haggling over the "sticker" price and my guess, and I am willing to be corrected, is that many other commodities you buy you are paying a far higher % than 7% markup. Be careful when you characterize somebody as stealing from you or as a boogyman that you need to be adversarial with. In today's market and economy we all are trying to find our way and all I am saying if you are lucky enough to be in a position to afford a new car, get in the store and start enjoying it because once the dust settles whether you save a couple of hundred bucks or not is not going to affect your enjoyment of the car. Best of luck!
    That 7% average may be accurate. The problem is that there are all kinds of rebates and incentives that result in much greater discounts for consumers. These come from the factory of course but the battle to negotiate is done in the dealership. Some of these price breaks are advertised and some are at the dealers discretion. Let the games begin. And don't forget the action in the finance office.
    Most dealerships operate on the square but not all. If the factories could operate by selling directly to consumers they would. Too many potential problems. They need a retail component just like almost all the products you buy. Factories rarely sell anything at wholesale direct. You can buy a stove on the internet for less than one at Lowes but it stillcomes from a retailer.Lowes won't help if that stove doesn't work. Most folks want to see the stove and check out the options and operations. Almost all big items need sales staffs to maximize profits and provide service. Capitalism 101. When gm sells chevy's directly through walmart, who is going to service and take care of warranty issues? That day is coming in the distant future when cars will be modulized. Unhook the section not working and bolt in a new one. Could be 50-75 years in the future but not now.
    This discussion belongs somewhere else.
  • mensah007mensah007 Member Posts: 8
    Listen, your job is to sell the car for the biggest profit possible, our's is to get the best price possible. I'm sure if someone walked in and asked to pay $500 more than the MSRP on the vehicle, you wouldn't turn it down because you wanted to be fair and build a relationship with them. When you buy a car for yourself, do you just pay the sticker price because you want to build a relationship or do you "haggle" for the best price? Sorry for sounding cynical, but after purchasing almost 10 cars, I pretty much have an idea of how things work. Thanks for expressing your thoughts though, I'll keep that in mind when a sales person is trying to overcharge me because they don't think I know any better.