Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• douglessodouglesso Member Posts: 6
    Just thought I'd post my closing deal here in the DC area. I used the tactics from fightingchance.com and was able to bring the price down on an 09 tech package to 38,700+TTL. I think I ended up paying 41000 with maryland taxes and fees. With the 2010s coming out around the corner better deals are to be had here in DC. Many of the dealers in the area were within a few hundred of this number. Base models were out there for 34K.
  • lexluthorlexluthor Member Posts: 48
    Any particular dealers that you know where at $34K for the 2009 MDX Base?

How come the dealers in DC and VA are around $34K for the base and up here in NY, no one is budging much below $36K?

I don't understand at all.
  • roundviewroundview Member Posts: 3
    The dealer sold extended warranty is usually too high. If you feel you need the warranty, you can find it cheaper online (I'm talking about the same AcuraCare rather than some generic third party warranties). For example, you can check the prices at

http://www.officialacuracare-at-delrayacura.com/prc.asp?gclid=CPbNl--g650CFUlo5Q- odSXiVLQ

You can try to get the dealer to lower the price to match what you found online, or you can ask them to cancel. A word of caution, though. I once tried to cancel an Extended Warranty bought from a dealer, and it took over a year for me to eventually to get my money back. The finance guy at the dealership apparently tried to stall it by not sending the cancellation form to AcuraCare. Hopefully your dealer will not use the same tactics on you if you try to cancel it.

Another thing is that your car is covered by the factory warranty for the next few years. So you don't have to decide on purchasing the Extended Warranty now. You can always buy it later if you feel you'd need it.

Hopefully this helps.
  • cricketmancricketman Member Posts: 7
    thx weakestlink from va, my brother bought it for the price ur friend bought at : )
    Can someone please clue me in as to which dealer in VA is selling these cars so low? I have emailed weakestlink and posted here, but no luck.

I want to buy today, so please let me know ASAP.

Thanks.
  • jain26jain26 Member Posts: 5
    Alright Folks, after doing lot of search and speaking with couple of dealership – Finally, I bought 2009 MDX Tech/Entertainment Black/Ebony from VA for $39421.00 (including destination & processing/doc fee) + TTL.

I'm from NJ but nobody could beat this price and I went all the way to VA to buy the MDX. I know VA is 200 + 200 miles from NJ but worth saving good chunk of cash. Also, better experience driving back on MDX !!

Thanks to weakestlink for providing information ($4000.00 dealer incentive) about the dealership and the Salesperson. The buying process was very smooth, we did all the negotiation on the email and Purchase order was faxed to me. Salesperson was really Amazing ! He helped us extra miles to make everything so convenient and pleasurable experience.
    What dealer (and salesperson) in VA?

If there's some reason that can't be posted, please email it to me ASAP to DavidL@pobox.com

I would make the same trip for $2K. Curious, how did you get down there?

Thanks!
    lexluthor, I've just email you all the details.
  • ynroyynroy Member Posts: 3
    Thank you Roungview,

I think you are right , I am thinking of canceling about it and will do it tomorrow.
  • sleepy1906sleepy1906 Member Posts: 6
    Hello Jain26, can you please let me know what dealer and sales person gave you this deal in VA on the Tech/Ent. I am from NY and am looking to buy/lease this same vehicle, however, the best price I am getting is $41,689. I am willing to travel and I am in a rush to get it this week.

My email is sleepy1906@yahoo.com

Thank you!
  • samdallastxsamdallastx Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am in the Dallas TX market and looking for a deal on the 09 Base or 09 Tech Package.

Can someone tell me what numbers I should be going after? I am open to leasing or financing.

Here is the offer that i have from a dealer on a tech package:
    36 months, 10K miles per year, 2000 down $580 a month

Not sure if this is a good offer or not.

Please let me know...
    Hi sleepy1906, I've just email you details.
  • bittersweetbittersweet Member Posts: 2
    I am also in the VA area and interested in the dealer info if you could email it to me as well - fishprince@aol.com

Your deal is great!

Thanks,
    Yes, please let us know what dealer in VA and sales person you guys used to get this low price. The best I have gotten on tech/ent is 41,689. Thank you.
  • glockfanglockfan Member Posts: 30
    Jain,
    Can you please email me the dealer name/sales person in VA?
    Glock30fan@comcast.net

Thank!
  • kkrishnamurthykkrishnamurthy Member Posts: 4
    Hello Jain26 ,

I am thinking about buying the MDX with the same specs a you did and live in VA too. Could you please help me out by sending me the details about your purchase , delaer name , sales person etc.

I would really appreciate the information.

karthik
    Jain26, Thank you! You are awesome! I just called him and we are working out a deal.
  • kewl_carkewl_car Member Posts: 17
    I just bought a 09 MDX Tech Pkg in MD for $39400 out the door for VA
  • memonmemon Member Posts: 3
    Can you please email me the dealer information too.

bilal.memon@gmail.com
    Thanks weakestlink and jain26.

2009 Acura MDX Base (w/wheel locks) $34,099+TTL.

I just paid my deposit for the dealership in VA.

On Saturday, I'm going to take Amtrak from NYC to DC, DC Metro to VA and the dealer will pick me up from there.

Tax savings on the $2K discount easily pay for my round trip.

So far, very easy to work with.

Thanks again!
    Could you guys please send me the name of the dealer and sales man that you used . I would really appreciate it .
  • memonmemon Member Posts: 3
    lexluthor or weakestlink or jain26

Can you please email me the dealer information on bilal.memon@gmail.com
  • rock2000rock2000 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Jain26, can you pls also send me all the dealer/salesperson info. as well? Much appreciated!
    Jain26, thank you so much for the info! You Rock! I just purchased a tech/ent for $39,421 + TTL in VA. This forum and website are awesome!
    sleepy1906, where are you coming from to pick up the car in VA?

Amazing deal and the salesman was a pleasure to work with.
  • caprice2caprice2 Member Posts: 34
    Hi sleepy1906,
    Could u pls send me the info of the dealer & the salesman.
    I am looking for MDX with Tech.
    My e ma il is C A P R I C O RN-70 AT HOTMAIL . COM
    Higly appreciate the help.

Thx
    Caprice2
  • caprice2caprice2 Member Posts: 34
    Hi kewl_car

Could u pls share the dealer / salesman info.
    Pls email to C A P R I C O R N - 70 AT HOTMAIL.COM

Appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Caprice2.
  • sarav007sarav007 Member Posts: 6
    Me too looking for the dealer, please let me know their details, my id is sar_vanan@msn.com
  • zambo2013zambo2013 Member Posts: 10
    Jain26 - Jaihind. I am NJ too and willing to go to VA to pickup MDX. Can you please email me the information zambo2013 on yahoo
  • rock2000rock2000 Member Posts: 3
    Lexluthor - can you send me the dealer and salesperson info to: DCFAN_2003@YAHOO.COM?

Plan to drive down to VA too. Really appreciated!
  • wondering19wondering19 Member Posts: 6
    Just found this forum. My husband and I have been in the market for a new mid-sized SUV. Previously had a Volvo XC70 wagon. Have LOVED my Volvo, and always thought I would trade it for a new XC90, but after comparing apples to apples felt the Volvo was outdated and we opted for a new 2009 MDX (base plus a few options). We love the fact that the MDX looks more compact and sporty although there is alot of interior room. Also like the fact that the third row seat is a complete seat and not a "jump" seat like in the Volvo. Totally unuseable for my 14 year old, my 10 year old maybe. Anyways, we just made a deal with a local dealer for a 2009 MDX base including Acura's protection package (all weather mats for car and trunk, wheel locks) and roof rails/body side molding. We paid $36,598 +TTL. That includes the $2000 incentive and we then financed with 2.9%. I am bothered now because I see all these other buyers getting the $34,099+TTL from a dealer in VA. This deal I got was the best of 3. 2 were pretty close, but our local dealer offered us a better price on our trade AND doc. fees were $400 cheaper than the other dealer. Did I do OK?? I pick it up tomorrow at noon. Having a little buyers remorse!!
    sleeply1906/jain/lexluthor
    can you please send me the details of the dealer please.. sar_vanan@msn.com
    Sarav
  • rayyogirayyogi Member Posts: 12
    Hi jain, can you email me the info too - which dealer and which salesman? I tried 3 in MD area but didn't get that close - ray_yogi@yahoo.com
  • rayyogirayyogi Member Posts: 12
    Hey kewl_car, I went to Chevy Chase but lowest they offered was 41800 OTD (MDX with Tech). Where did you get yours and the salesman name please - ray_yogi@yahoo.com
  • mgoldsteinmgoldstein Member Posts: 58
    I just got a great deal - I think - on an MDX Base with wheel locks and cargo cover:

MSRP $41,800 (plus dealer installed items)

Sales Price $35,195.70

This was a lease, but I wanted to share the sales price information here. I will post all the lease details in that forum.

I am in PA.
    Hey Jain/Sleepy ,

Could you please email me the details of the dealer please . Also , the name of the sales guy and what you had to tell him / her to get the deal.

My email is karthik.knmurthy@gmail.com

Thanks,
  • wasabeewasabee Member Posts: 31
    Hi Jain,

Can you please please forward me the information too at ckwu511@gmail.com ? I live in Atlanta, GA and going to VA is not that far. I have not been able to get the price you are getting, and we want the exact same thing with Tech + DVD (dvd is mainly for the kids). The people here will not go below $43K :(.

Thank you.
  • wasabeewasabee Member Posts: 31
    Hi Jerrsnbrg,

Can you share with me which acura in ATL did you get this amazing price with? I am also in ATL, and I can't get anything under 43K for tech+dvd. Please help.

Please email me the information at ckwu511@gmail.com
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Instead of everyone asking for e-mails..

Just name the dealership.... Read the restrictions in the orange lettering... This is a forum, not a place to trade e-mail addresses...

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rf530rf530 Member Posts: 4
    mgoldstein - please provide dealer name, I'm in NJ. thanks.
  • kchicagokchicago Member Posts: 4
    I bought it yesterday $38100 OTD
    As kyfdx (HOST) advised, here we go folks - Dealership name is Pohanka Acura in VA.
  • kechal12kechal12 Member Posts: 26
    Does anyone have info on whether the dealer cash of $2,000 and/or the financing deals will be extended beyond Nov. 3?
    I'm in NY and purchased from the VA dealer yesterday.

Are all cars made to pass NYS Emissions Inspections nowadays? I won't have a problem getting the car registered or inspected in NY State, right?

I think NY and CA have slightly different emissions requirements.
  • weakestlinkweakestlink Member Posts: 42
    I believe that Acura (and all manufacturers) build their cars to meet the emission requirements for all states. It would probably be cost prohibitive to build different specs for cars shipped to different states.
    Also, I know one of the reasons that was expressed to me about why there was some hesitancy to provide the dealer name in VA is that people would just use that dealer to negotiate a better price locally and waste the salesperson's time.

That would be unfair to the salesperson and the person originally responsible for referring people to this dealer. I can totally understand that.

On the other hand, this dealer is clearly $2K below every other dealer in the NY/NJ/CT area, so I don't think there really is any way to use his price to get a better deal in that area.

I'll be there Saturday picking up my MDX. Maybe we'll all have a big meet up there! This guy must be doing an incredible amount of business at the prices he can get to.
    I'm curious was well. I bought yesterday from the VA dealer and was told that the deal might not be there tomorrow (which is today). Just wondering if anyone still got the same low pricing from the VA dealer today.
    I called up the same contact that was provided to me this morning to inquire about the deal, he mentioned today is his day off and will call me tomorrow, however he also mentioned that i might not get the same deals as what some of the folks in this forum have got. He s going to check the rebates and will let me know tomorrow.. Good Luck to me.. congrats for those who completed the deal.. Excellent deal.. no where comparable to the quotes i got from the dealers in NY state.
    will keep you posted tomorrow..
  • weakestlinkweakestlink Member Posts: 42
    You can ask for the Internet Sales Manager to get these prices. Otherwise, you may have to haggle to get to the same price.

As stated before, it would be helpful (for future deals) if people did not waste their time if they aren't really considering buying from a Virginia dealership. Plenty of people on this board have already verified their prices paid so there is no need to call to verify again.

Good luck.