Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• suv_for_mesuv_for_me Member Posts: 8
    ok, I will go with 35K to the dealer for the base MDX and see if I can convince them. Anyone else bought the car this weekend. If yes, could you please post the details.
  • kechal12kechal12 Member Posts: 26
    called around today and got two quotes for $39.7K +TTL and two for $39.9k plus a few over $40k and $41k. nothing in writing yet so we'll see if they try to add on any "fees". The $39.7k seems like an ok deal. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Also, lease terms I was quoted were MF of.00162 (~3.9%) and RV of 45% (with 15k miles). Given those terms if I can get cheap financing it makes more sense to buy vs lease.
  • lexluthorlexluthor Member Posts: 48
    I made the round trip from NY to Pohanka in VA. Flew down on Jetblue for $73 and they picked me up at Dulles.

Everything went absolutely perfect. The salesperson was wonderful. Super nice guy and very helpful. No tricks, didn't push anything on me.

Left an hour or so later with my new MDX Base for $34,100 + TTL. They through in both wheel locks and some sort of special valve for the tires (he said it was a $49 value and was complementary).

Only minor issue is that they weren't sure they could do a plate transfer for me (and save me maybe $150-$200), but they did put it in as a transfer. Not sure how NYS deals with that. Also, I guess once I get my registration, I have to go get a NYS inspection myself.

Minor inconvenience for $2000 savings. Made the round trip, door to door, in about 11 hours.

Thank you so much to both terry and jain. I thoroughly appreciate you providing the referral and the experience was as positive as I could have hoped for.

Love the car. Got to know it pretty well on the 5 hour drive home :)
  • suharshsuharsh Member Posts: 33
    I bought one today MDX + Tech package 38.7 + TTL got some small freebies too ... all weather mats, couple of oil changes, cargo net and cargo tray (prob total of 400 odd). I am in Chicago.
    Financing 2.9% for 5 years.

Didn't have too many choices of color went for Black and Black even though my current Camry is black. Love the black though.

A friend of mine in NJ bought at 38 + TTL. I bargained hard but this is the best I got!

At 38.7 + TTL, did I get a good price?

Almost had bought Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring (with Navigation) at 32K (cash / check price). Financing for Mazda would have been 6 to 7 %.
  • cplincplin Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 2009 MDX Base today for $34.5k + TTL in Naperville IL.
  • khajokhkhajokh Member Posts: 6
    Acura reducing prices for 2010

http://www.canadiandriver.com/2009/11/05/acura-announces-price-reductions-all-ne- w-tsx-sport-wagon.htm

It makes sense to buy 2009 models if there are incentives, and dealers are willing to pass it on to buyers. The game changes when dealers are keeping unreasonably high markups assuming that there is demand, and buyers are willing to purchase 2009 models with the fear that they may have to pay full price for 2010 models. This is all I hear when I talk to these dealers - "You better buy before 2010 mdx come in. Then you will have to pay full price"

With price reductions for 2010 mdx, it might be better to wait for 2010 mdx than pay high dealer markups for 2009 mdx. In a macro sense, to spur the demand, Acura will keep the incentives going. Their production lines are still running at 50% capacity now - an unacceptably low number that they cannot maintain forever.
  • kchicagokchicago Member Posts: 4
    Cplin,

How much you paid out the door ?.
  • nbcarsnbcars Member Posts: 6
    I got the price 35000 + TTL for the base model from the dealer yesterday. It includes two extras. The dealer is offerring 34000+TTL for the other two base models. But I did not like their colors. It looks a good price for current market.
    I went to there for a tech model at first. but they ran out of stock. It seems tech model is much more popular than the base model.

however, I read khajokh 's post this morning. It seems 2010 MDX model reduced their price for $910. Does anybody know the price for 2010 model now? Should I wait for next year for the new 2010 model?
    You also have to consider some other factors

- Do you need the car now or can you wait?
    - Remember the stimulus new vehicle tax break? Well it gives me back about $1000 back
    - Risk that 2010 models may not be discounted much?
    - Time and effort spent?

When I look at all these factors ... I believe 500 to 1000 here and there really isn't that material! I have been looking for a car for some time ... first which one ... then from the short-listed ... which dealer & price ... probably that has taken up about 4 weekends. It could have been a good time spent with the family before the winter arrives! But no, I was trying to get the best deal.

That is why even though a friend of mine got the MDX Tech at 38K + TTL, I just went ahead with 38.7 deal (+ some freebies) ... had enough of it.
    I agree with Suharsh that it depends on your need and time you have to invest in search/wait for best deal. If you are like me who can afford to wait and get a good deal, then 2010 may be the better option.

Acura will discount the 2010 models - their sales are nowhere near where Acura would like them to be. Also, RX 350 is eating Acura MDX lunch if you look at the sales numbers.

Don't get me wrong - I love Acura MDX, but I refuse to pay this high a markup for the dealers who essentially are doing very little 'add-on' services especially for new cars. These cars will sell by themselves if they price it right. I will certainly wait for 2010 to see what they offer.

Here is one more article that gives an idea of the kind of incentives dealers are getting (and refusing to pass on to buyers)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/what-theyre-offering/article1351166/

Suharsh, your 38.7k deal is actually not bad. Where I live, the dealers politely show you the door for any asking price less than 40k for tech even without any freebies.

If there are more dealers like the Pohanka, VA dealer who dealt straight, there will be many more buyers.
    suharsh,

What's this stimulus new vehicle tax break you speak of?
    Those are very good comments. I read the artical you recommend. For 2009 MDX, there are 8500 incentives. is it from MSRP or invoice price?

For base model, 34000+TTL is already 3000 below invoice price and almost 8000 below MSRP.

When is the good time to buy a 2010 MDX?
    Assuming incentives are from MSRP, here are my calculations for dealer per car cost. I have used msrp and dealer invoice from -

http://www.autobuyguide.com/2009/12-aut/acura/mdx/pricing/index.html

2009 Acura MDX Base
    $40,990.00 (MSRP) - 8500/- incentives + 810/-(Destination) = 33300/- dealer cost
    (invoice = 37252/-)

2009 Acura MDX Sport and Entertainment
    $48,890.00 - 8500/- incentives + 810/-(Destination) = 41200/- dealer cost
    (Invoice quoted = $44,415.00 )

2009 Acura MDX Sport Pkg
    $47,140.00 - 8500/- incentives + 810/-(Destination) = 39450/- (dealer cost)
    (Invoice quoted - $42,829/-)

2009 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment
    $46,790.00 - 8500/- incentives + 810/-(Destination) = 39100/-
    dealer cost
    (Invoice quoted $42,511/-)

2009 Acura MDX Technology Pkg
    $45,040.00 - 8500/- incentives + 810/-(Destination) = 37350
    Invoice quoted - $40,924)

It shows that dealer invoice is useless b***s***. I am willing to pay a markup of 1000/- per car more than the above dealer cost for dealers to stay in business and cover other costs. But any markup more than that (per car) is difficult to justify.

Regarding when to buy 2010, it is hard to tell right now since 2010 MDXs are so late and have been pushed out to likely next year. Perhaps 1-2 months after the release may be a good time. A month end/quarter end always is a good time.

My local dealer recently told me that 2010 MDX will be in by end of November (as a part of his sales pitch of 'buy now or you may regret'). I pointed out that I have read on the web that release date is likely next year, and he backed off.
    Where are you getting the $8500 in incentives number from? How accurate is that really?

I don't think it is. The NY/NJ dealers wouldn't budge much below $36K for the MDX base, so no way they have a cost of anywhere near $33,300.
    Lex,
    >> Where are you getting the $8500 in incentives number from? How accurate is that really?

It is from

I would tend to give a published independent source more credibility than any statement from any dealer.

I am assuming the incentive should be marked off from MSRP. I remember reading here that the Pohanka dealer gave the MDX base for 34k/-. The markup of 700/- is quite reasonable.

Anything over 34.5k/- for base is overpaying the dealer.
  • cashcarscashcars Member Posts: 1
    think about it... your the dealer and you have only so many of the highest in demand mid-sived SUVs. Everyone that comes in to buy has great credit and wants a deal. Wait....people keep comeing in w/ great credit, forget giving them a deal! Keep your inventory for the profit! You'll have to basically buy the new car manger a steak dinner and promise him you'll always use his service department to get discount. and good luck trying to find a used one...........just pony up!
    That is a very detail summary. It seems that it is a good deal if I can get 34000 for a base model or 38000 for a tech model. I searched online. There are more base models in stock compared with tech models. It is easier to get the price down for the base model.

Nobody can predict what happened next year. My friend got 08 sports model last year for only 37000.
    Lex,

Below is verbatim from another auto site and also has a link to details from the horse's mouth - IRS!

I believe I have understood it correctly, if not don't hesitate to correct me.

--------------------------------------

The recently passed American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 gives new car buyers a boost — an income tax deduction for state excise and sales taxes on the vehicle purchase. There are taxpayer income and vehicle price limits, but many buyers will be eligible for this benefit. According to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), here are some of the basics:

The vehicle must be purchased after February 16, 2009, and before January 1, 2010.

The deduction is limited to the tax on up to $49,500 of the purchase price for an eligible vehicle.

The deduction is phased out for individuals with adjusted gross income above $125,000 and for joint filers with adjusted gross income above $250,000.

The deduction is available only for new cars weighing 8,500 pounds or less.

The tax deduction is available to taxpayers who do not itemize as well as to those who do.

An Example
    For the purchase of a $30,000 vehicle with 7% state sales tax, the taxpayer would receive a $2,100 tax deduction. The actual tax savings depends on the amount of sales and excise tax paid in your state and on your tax rate. Ask your dealer about your state's tax rates.

Your tax break is in addition to any incentives or rebates offered by the dealer and manufacturer. Check out dealer specials in your area.

For more detailed information on these tax benefits, visit http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=204519,00.html.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    Those incentives are for Canada, right?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

No sir, US. Don't know if there are any such breaks for Canada.

I am sorry if I gave an incorrect impression. I didn't realize that there were some members from Canada.
  • longhorn11longhorn11 Member Posts: 1
    38.7 definitely is good. The dealer in my area gave 40,088 saying it included lifetime oil change for $100 and lifetime nitrogen for the tires at the same price but refused to budge below the price. Seemed like the dealer wasn't worried about selling the rest of the 09 since there were like 5 left on the lot. Just worried that when the 2010 model comes out it'll be awhile before the dealers are willing to budge on the price.
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    Folks, the link to which the poster has, for the $8000 rebate. IS FOR CANADA only. does NOT apply to usa.

it says....RIGHT AT THE TOP of the website....for canada customers.

Deals
    What they're offering
    Here is a look at recent incentives offered by manufacturers in Canada. All offers are subject to change and often do so frequently and without warning. The deals listed here were ‘live' through last weekend.
    Vchad,

Honda "manufactures" Acura MDX in one place called Alliston, Canada (and as-of-now nowhere else - even though there is some discussion of moving MDX production to a plant in Alabama to ramp up for more Civic sedans in Canada)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_MDX

Let us not confuse 'manufacturing" from "selling". The article from GlobeandMail refers to manufacturers in Canada - not where those cars are sold.

Again, not being associated with either car manufacturers or dealers, I have no way of knowing whether this incentive is true or not. But the numbers that one derives, after assuming that these incentives exist, are very, very close to the deals a select few dealers are willing to provide.

This, in itself, should raise the question - why is a dealer in Pohanka, VA willing to sell MDX base for 34k where as a dealer in NY/NJ would not go down below 36k? Where I live (about 1500 miles from Pohanka :-( ), the lowest base MDX quote is over 36.5k.

I have no other motivation other than to research, educate myself and get the best deal. I simply cannot understand why I have to pay 2-3k more than what others are paying for the same commoditized product to which dealers add-on very little value. If others have more access to information on true incentives/better deal structuring, please do post.

From my anecdotal research, it appears that there are a lot more buyers of Acura MDX if the dealers are willing to pass on the manufacturers incentives to buyers - not just keep them for their profits. Acura sales may not be suffering due to a lack of buyers, but more because of their dealer network pricing structures.

Given the current incentives, here are what I believe are the reasonable prices one should aim for -
    Base - 34k-35k
    Sports/Ent - 42k-43k
    Sports - 40k-41k
    Tech - 38k-39k
    Tech/Ent - 40k-41k

Anything over this will be an additional dealer markup. I am not making any buy/don't buy recommendations - I understand that is a personal decision based on many other factors. But let us correctly educate ourselves on what are the true cost/pricing structures and know what we are giving/gaining when we make these big transactions.
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    Khajokh,

I appreciate your reasoning. But I can assure you, the 8k rebate is FOR CANADA CUSTOMERS ONLY!!!

Your very mixed up with your information. The article states, that the MANUFACTURERS(they have over 10brands on that list) are providing such and such deals, for CANADIAN customers.

Regardless of where the MDX is made, your understanding of there simple explanation is way off. They are simply saying, a manufacturer such as (acura...volkswagen, mercedes, etc.) are offerings these deals in CANADA at the present time. Your over analyzing this article.

As for your varying of prices, IT HAPPENS, thats capitalism for you. My local (small) town, honda, toyota, audi, mercedes, will balk at invoice or barely over invoices offers. i drive 3hours to chicago, and they discount from invoice. Its just a matter of VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME. A larger dealership(such as pohanka) in a bigger city, with a competitive market, sells at a lower price, but also relys on volume of sales. As for local/smaller town, anywhere in usa, they rely more on profit per car than volume.

Bottomline, this logic can be applied to any brand etc. and the 8000 rebate is FOR CANADA ONLY! canada's car market prices are usually 20-25% more costlier msrp's for the same exact car, so when they do get such rebates, they are larger, and you have to factor into exchange rate. Canadians have always complained of high msrp's, hence lot of them would cross border to buy in Michigan, or elsewhere in usa, but manufacturers caught on, and started voiding cars warrantys if they weren't bought in original country of residence.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    The website is for a Canadian newspaper...

Those incentives are for Canada, not the US.. You can look up current incentives right here on Edmunds.com.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Didn't we resolve this last week? Someone posted that thread in another forum where it was described how *some* dealers are receiving up to $2500 in extra funding on the MDX.

I made it perfectly clear to about 10 dealers that I'd be in within an hour (or as long as it would take me to drive there) to purchase if they could hit $34,500 for the Base MDX. Still, I couldn't get any dealer to budge below $35,900.

There's just no way they have the same deal with Acura that Pohanka has.
  • freewheel307freewheel307 Member Posts: 5
    As a Canadian I can confirm the $8500 rebate on the MDX. We have had that reabate up here for pretty much all of 2009. It was designed to blunt the effect of a higher Canadian dollar than in the past. It has only partially done this,

The rebate is applied AFTER tax. Therefore the best price you can get up here (Ontario, Canada) for a Base MDX all-in (incl. taxes) is about $51,000 Canadian. Based on the current exchange rate that is about $47000 U.S.

That is why many Canadians buy in the U.S. despite Acura cancelling the warranty.
    how negotiable are these so called "fees", which seem like pure extra profit :mad: ? What "fees" have other paid?
    At Pohanka, for the Base MDX, I paid $33,700+$399 processing fee (they originally quoted $34,099, so how they broke it out on the bill didn't really matter to me), NYS State Sales Tax, $350 for Registration (which will yet be a true-up based on what it really comes out to for NY Registration) and $57.29 for Dealer License Tax. That's it.
  • wasabeewasabee Member Posts: 31
    Khajokh,

You are awesome man! Finally, someone is looking out for the acura car buyers during these bad economic times. I totally agree with all the information you provided. Please keep up the great work!
  • sarav007sarav007 Member Posts: 6
    I bought the MDX Tech and Ent package at Pohanka on the same day Lex bought his..Missed to meet Lex since i was focussing more on my vehicle and admiring it. Anyways.. the business was smooth. Paid $41023+ the rest same as what Lexluthor paid.. since i am from NY too..thats it..I had a 7 hr drive back and the car was smooth as silk..just lov it...
  • cplincplin Member Posts: 2
    OTD is around $38K
  • brianplowmanbrianplowman Member Posts: 10
    Hi,
    I work for a local south bay area Acura dealership, AutoWest Acura of Stevens Creek. I've done a locate on the tech model 2009 in sterling gray and have found none. The current colors in this area are Silver/Black/White and Red. The other colors are out of production for the rest of 2009. I am glad to help you in any capacity that I can.
    Paid $39.5K + $299 doc fee + $75 title + $50 registration + $2,468.75 MA sales tax @6.25% :cry: . OTD =$42,392.75 (before dwn pmt of $2K). put $2K down and got the 2.9% int rate. Can't say enough good things abotu Schaller Acura in Manchester, CT. Very smooth and easy, no pressure process. I had called around a lot of dealerships in New England. They had the best price and the expact color combo I wanted. Spent about 10 min with the fincance guy (who was great) and that was it. Since I live in MA they are getting it registered for me and to driving it to my house to save me haveing to drive to them a second time in CT. :)
  • surfin29surfin29 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a new 2009 MDX Technology this weekend for $39700 +599 +TTL in Jacksonville, FL (Orange Park). Price included wheel locks, side molding, running boards, roof rails, and trunk mat. Best deal I could find in the southeast.
  • caprice2caprice2 Member Posts: 34
    Hi surfin29

How was the overall experience with acura oforangepark, did u try duval acura also.
    I saw that duval had only base. Seems u got a good price (39k, deducting the accesories) +ttl.

for me orangepark quoted 40552 for mdx tech +fee+ttl.

Thx
  • mj2382mj2382 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone purchansed 2009 Base in Colorado recently? Can you share your buying experience here? The best price I have quoted for is about 36800, which is a lot higher than the price posted here. The dealers in CO seem not willing to negotiate very much.
    Caprice2:

I tried Duval first, but they did not have the color I wanted and their price was WAY high. I had to spend a day of (tough) negotiating with Orange Park to get them down. I assume in the end they wanted to make the sale vs risk waiting to try to make a couple of more bucks on someone else. They had a lot of MDXs on the lot. The people at Orange Park were nice and professional. They spent a lot of time to show and set up the features on the car.
  • oisinoisin Member Posts: 2
    Just don't go to Marin Acura - those guys think they can bully you with their old-school full pressure sales tactics into buying a car, even one that you don't want at a price that is ridiculous. I can share a lot more if you're interested but I didn't think car dealers operated like that anymore because so much information is available to the consumer now.

Thanks for all the information you shared!
  • caprice2caprice2 Member Posts: 34
    Thanks Surfin29
    What color did you pick?
    I was thinking of the cherry red color, dint get a chance to see one in that.
    I will try my luck with the local in 2 wks
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    An Example
    For the purchase of a $30,000 vehicle with 7% state sales tax, the taxpayer would receive a $2,100 tax deduction. The actual tax savings depends on the amount of sales and excise tax paid in your state and on your tax rate. Ask your dealer about your state's tax rates.

Keep in mind that its deduction not credit,,,
    So if you are 15% tax bracket your savings are 0.15*2100=$315...
    Thats just 300 on a 30K car...Is your time worth that much?

Also if you are living in a high state tax states like CA, NY, NJ and are making >80K and have a mortgage deduction then probability is VERY HIGH that you are subject to AMT...then no deduction for you!!!

I am not a CPA...but devil is in the details

I believe tax deduction should not be considered at all in a anything that is an expense.
    For me if it is an expense it driven by two things
    1) Passion and/or
    2) Value/Utility

This is what I would consider
    1) Do you like the looks of 2010 or 2009 (Front grill is different)
    2) New transmission for Acura. Are you OK with it? Last time when honda/acura went from 4 speed to 5 speed it was a disaster. Transmission failing at 65K to 70K miles. Go read threads on MDX/Accord/TL board regarding 2000/2001 transmission
    3) How badly you need car now
    4) Time value of money Vs. Timing of car buying
    I agree with sanjaysdca about the tax deduction. There are not too much we can get from tax deduction.

Does 2010 model has the same transmission for those in 2009? I heard about transmission problems about 2010 models as well.
  • zeeshqamarzeeshqamar Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy an brand new MDX with tech package for 38-39K.Any good dealerships?
  • michele19michele19 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2009 base model MDX. I paid $36,900 plus tax, tag and title. The price also included the added accessories of back up rear sensors, roof rack with kayak carrier. I think I could have gotten the car with those options for $1,000 less. Any comments?
  • ucarucar Member Posts: 3
    2099 MDX Tech/Ent - paid 39647 + 810 Dest. + 290 TTL. No other dealer accessories. Any comments ?

Another question - should I buy extended warranties on MDX ? such as extra 4 year bumper-to-bumper from Acura Care. if so, what is good price ?
  • valueguyvalueguy Member Posts: 208
    Buyers of the new 2010 MDX should strongly consider a factory/dealer warranty on the tranny up to 100,000 miles. In fact, Honda/Acura should include this TRANSMISSION WARRANTY on all new '10 models with the 6 speed transmission. What better way to show the world you back up your products especially since Honda has a poor history with new transmissions?

I plan on negotiating the extended tranny warranty with the dealer. I really don't want to pay the rest of the extended warranty. I just want a $100-$200 transmission warranty.
    Well tax deduction cannot be 'the' consideration but if available why wouldn't one want know about it or wouldn't want to use it. I didn't know about the deduction, the dealer told me (Buick Enclave, which I didn't buy). The artcile showed to me by her was by Govt who anticipated an avg $330 back to the buyer. In my case, being in a higher tax bracket, the amount is decent.
    White/parchment interior. I liked it the best.
  • coffeerequiredcoffeerequired Member Posts: 8
    There are some features on the 2010 that I really like. New hard drive Navi/music, cooled seats, standard power liftgate, 19" wheels but for what price / time wait vs just picking up a 09?

It seems like if I purchase a new 09, not only will it be approx 8k cheaper but lots of extras can get thrown in. (rails, roof rack, mats, etc?) A couple questions for you all:

1) 09 - What dealer "extras" should you get and at what costs?
    2) 09 - If you new 09 today, do they give you the latest 10 Navi DVD disks?
    3) 09 - You cannot get Sport with a Navi? (forgive my ignorance)
    4) 10 - Best guest estimated release date in US? Why the delay?

I would love to just run down & pick up a 2010 Acura MDX Black/Black Tech & Advanced but wait till Jan/Feb & still pay MSRP+? ouch!
    kyfdx,

>> Those incentives are for Canada, not the US.. You can look up current incentives right here on Edmunds.com.

With all due respect, I don't think Edmunds is updated at all. Even my local acura dealer is willing to admit that they have incentives of more than 2k. Edmunds says that there are no incentives at all.

As I have always maintained, I don't know what the true incentives are, and the website I referenced earlier may be referring to incentives only to Canada. But we are intelligent enough to guess what is the true dealer cost in USA from prices that various buyers are getting and posting on this forum. It is extremely difficult to accept dealer's word or simple 'assurances' of people of other poster's on the board.

Here is a small compilation of purchases from this board:

Tech:
    1) kechal, purchase price= 39.5k; location : manchester, ct, when=9-Nov;
    2) suharsh,purchase price= 38.7k, location =chicago, when: 7-Nov;
    3) surfin,purchase price= 39.7k + 599 (destination?), location =jacksonville, when = 9-Nov;

Tech/ent:
    1) sarav, purchase price= 41k location = pohanka, va, when = 7-Nov (likely deal was done prior to nov 4??);
    2) ucar, purchase price= 39.6+810 (destination), location = ??, when = 10-Nov

base
    1) lexluthor, purchase price= 34.1k, location =pohanka, va, when = 7-Nov, deal was done prior to nov 4
    2) cplin, purchase price= 34.5k, location = naperville, ilwhen = 7-Nov;
    3) michele19, purchase price= 36.9, location = ?? (Price included accessories such roof rack, kayak etc==> purchase price was in35.5k top 36k range;

Except for one all of them compare well with the price range that I had arrived at earlier after assuming that dealers are getting a 8500/- incentive (and not passing on to buyer's)
    Base - 34k-35k
    Sports/Ent - 42k-43k
    Sports - 40k-41k
    Tech - 38k-39k
    Tech/Ent - 40k-41k

Assuming that none of these deals resulted in a loss to the dealers concerned, there are two additional things to notice
    1) the incentives do not appear to end on 4 Nov as was discussed on the board
    2) the incentives do not appear to be specific to some high-volume dealers such as Pohanka, VA dealer - it is all over the country

Congratulations to the above buyers for their great bargaining skills.

ucar, getting a tech/ent for 39.6+810 destination is a great deal. This number is almost identical to what I gave my dealer. Would you be willing to share the location and dealership of purchase ?