Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ucarucar Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to all forum participants and their inputs for helping me to get a good deal.
    MDX Tech/Ent - bought for 39.6 + 810 Dest - in Chicagoland
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,779
    I'm sorry.... those incentives are for Canada, period....

You picked numbers off a Canadian website, for cars in Canada.. It's as clear as can be..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tastycakes55tastycakes55 Member Posts: 35
    Does anyone know or have reason to believe the incentives on the 09s will improve into the end of 2009?

I recall last year this time, a MDX base was 32-33k-ish and techs were 35-36k-ish. Those were more volatile times than this year.

It looks like the 2k dealer incentive has been extended into January, so is this as good as it gets?
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    Predicting incentive is like reading tea leaves... no one knows

Having said that last sept/Oct incentives were 4K because
    1) Gas was >$4.50 (in CA)
    2) dealers were flushed with MDX
    3) Economy was in much worse shape
    5) Pessimism was very high...

Now
    1) Gas is around 3.50
    2) Honda has controlled the inventory/cut production
    3) There is little optimism about economy
    4) General pessimism is leas then last year...

So I do not see why the incentives will increase... but then who can predict these things
  • leesuruatleesuruat Member Posts: 4
    Bought a Base 09 MDX this evening for 34,500+TTL.
  • lexluthorlexluthor Member Posts: 48
    Where?
  • naabuddynaabuddy Member Posts: 6
    Ucar,

Could you be more specific on the dealer? I believe, Chicagoland has several dealers!

Thanks for your response.

NAABUDDY.
  • zeeshqamarzeeshqamar Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2009 MDX with Tech package for 39.8K + TTL . The dealer threw in running boards,cargo tray,wheel locks. Is this a good deal?
  • ucarucar Member Posts: 3
    At Libertyville Acura
  • texanrajtexanraj Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to buy a brand new 2009 MDX with Tech package for 38-39K.Anyone has any recommendations of dealerships offering good deals in the Houston area? Now that 2010 MDX's will be in showroom in another month's time frame not sure if I should venture into a 2010 MDX or get a better deal on a 2009 MDX. Appreciate your feedback on buying experiences, prices etc.
  • naabuddynaabuddy Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your quick response UCAR
  • longfrancelongfrance Member Posts: 19
    About to pull trigger, but wanted input from the community first...

new 09 Tech black on black with running boards and roof rack...

$40,0084.00 price
    $529 government fees
    $3,512.16 taxes (8.75% Orange County rate)
    $55.00 doc. fee
    2 free oil changes

THOUGHTS?? SHOULD I DO IT?????? Thanks everyone!!
  • leesuruatleesuruat Member Posts: 4
    Pohanka in VA
    Was that $34,500 after the $399 processing fee?

I guess I did get lucky getting in the day I did, just under the wire at $34,100 (after the processing fee) + TTL.

I guess it went up $400 the next day. $34,500 still a great price compared to what I saw up her in NY ($36K).

How great were they to deal with there? Their internet salesman is such a nice guy to work with.
  • maxzoey1maxzoey1 Member Posts: 34
    Talked to my dealer yesterday, and he let me know incentives on the MDX have dropped from $8500 down to $6500, not that it matters anyway they are sold out of 09 models and not getting any more, so beware in the USA incentives could be dropped as supplies of the 09 models become more scarce.
  • car999car999 Member Posts: 6
    Hi
    I want to lease a 2009 MDX in NJ or PA (close to NJ)
    Anyone have a good dealer and idea of what I should pay?
    sz
  • suharshsuharsh Member Posts: 33
    There wasn't any MDX forum that I found on Edmunds, where I could post this question ... hence this one ... which seems to be the most active.

I know (not 100% sure but pretty certain) that MDX 2009 doesn't qualify for section 179. I recall that for SUVs that don't qualify for still have some special depreciation possible the first year ... anyone has any details, links ...

As much as I know one limitation of section 179 is that the deduction cannot be greater than the tax owed? This year, thanks to the recession, I didn't make as much money as a regular year ... so in a way that it is good I can't use section 179.

I recall reading somewhere that about 25K depreciation is allowed for non-section 179 vehicles. I could be wrong and hence seek out your opinion.
  • mariaymariay Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer you're working with ? I'm also in OC looking for a new 09 MDX with tech package. Anything to share on your experiences dealing with Acura dealers in OC ? Is it worth to go out to inland empire to get better price ?
  • mgoldsteinmgoldstein Member Posts: 58
    I got a great deal - at least I think so - at Lehigh Valley Acura in Allentown. See my post on 11/2 or 11/3. They are great to deal with.

I leased an MDX base.
  • joetajoeta Member Posts: 1
    35.5k +TTL, + 810 destination

got floormats, roof rails, crossbars, and cargo tray installed by dealer for another $300

not sure how you want to count the accessories at dealer cost/list or whatever so I'll just post the #'s and make you decide whats best

marin acura, CA

it is my understanding that my tax-incentive here is approx $300, heh
  • plattsplatts Member Posts: 3
    Well guys after e-mailing back and forth with the sales person and agreeing on the price that I wanted I finally bought my white 09 mdx with Tech, and here is the price that I paid 39,000 get this OUT THE DOOR. I think I did real good. What do you guys think.
    How would we know? OTD is pretty meaningless unless we know what youe state tax rate is and other registration fees. Please post what you paid for the car itself.
  • saiyandtsaiyandt Member Posts: 1
    I just brought MDX TECH 2009 for 39k.

The dealer gave me rail-roof and after market entertainment system. DO you think I got a good price ?

Thank.
  • caprice2caprice2 Member Posts: 34
    platt,
    what was the invoice excluding TTL. Where did you buy this.
    Seems folks r getting great deals now :)
  • baigbaig Member Posts: 2
    Hi There,

I am also looking for MDX Tech in chicago. If you don't mind can you tell from which dealer you bought your MDX.

Thanks
  • baigbaig Member Posts: 2
    Hi There,

Can you tell me from which dealer you bought car. I also live in Chicago and am looking for MDX.

Thanks
  • kokos7kokos7 Member Posts: 32
    Looking at 2009 MDX and got these offers from NYC area dealers:

1. Base $36,550
    2. Tech and Ent $41,850

One concern is that inventory seems to be very low. Also since the 2010 model is coming in a month or so I am concerned whether it's worth buying the older 2009 model at this time.
    What do you think?
    That's high, even for NY.

I was able to get it down to around $36K for the Base in NY area 2 weeks ago. NY dealers don't seem to be going much below that.

I wound up buying at Pohanka in VA for $34,100 (deal is now gone, but I still think it's available at maybe $500 more now?).
  • mj2382mj2382 Member Posts: 2
    finally one dealer willing to drop the price to 35890... still higher than the price posted here but probably the best deal i can get in CO. Will finalize the deal tomorrow morning. I will keep you guys posted

One more question: I am kinda tall, about 6'4", do you think I will fit in the driver seat easily? I tried Toyota, it's quite roomy. what do you think about the MDX? i have not had a chance to try one yet. ..any feedback will be appreciated...!
    The invoice total was 41,734.27 tax is at 6%. He wanted for me to pay $41,999 otd, but after an hour of going back and forth I told the sales person that I was not going to pay no more then $39,000 otd and that if he was not willing to do! that i just would go somewhere else and look at a differant vehicle. He went back to his boss and told him what i said, at this point his boss and sales person come over and said ok we will do it for $39,000 otd.

So at this point I think I ended up paying around $36792 plus 6% sales tax which is around $39,000. I bought this vehicle in ft myers, FL.
    Ended up going with 2010 Lexus RX instead. Gave up the 3rd row and extra power for the interior refinements of 2010 RX. South Coast Acura - ask for Ken. Factoring in the rebate and the holdback (2.5% assumed), I think it would be realistic to lower price by $750-$900 or so with some negotiations. Good luck!
    Platts,
    Can u pls share the dealership name here.

So, the price 36792 does it include the dealer fee & tags(New or are you transferring tags?).
    When I asked the same 39k for tech otd to around 15 dlrs (I am also in 6%tax +200 tag trsfr), they literally mocked at me. :blush:

I am in Jacksonville, would like to travel to get this deal.

By the way this seems to be the best price I heard so far.
    Enjoy your new MDX. :shades:
    longfrance, that's funny. We wound up doing exactly that last time we purchased a car. Found the RX330 just had more "features" than the MDX at a similar price point and was worth giving up the 3rd row. This time we wound up doing exactly the opposite.
  • freewheel307freewheel307 Member Posts: 5
    I am amazed at the high prices of used 2008 base MDX. It seems a new 2009 can be had for between $34-36 thousand. How is it that the lowest price on a used 2008 base in the New York area with 20,000 miles is $33,000. Who wouldn't spend the extra on new?
  • nbcarsnbcars Member Posts: 6
    I am in LA too. What's the price quote did you get from Ken?
    Quote from Ken at South Coast Acura for your reference.

09 Tech black on black with running boards and roof rack.

$40,0084.00 price
    $529 government fees
    $3,512.16 taxes (8.75% Orange County rate)
    $55.00 doc. fee
    2 free oil changes

As shared previously, I believe that the 40k price could be negotiated down 500-800 based on invoice price and holdback at 2.5%. That black-on-black was the only one on the lot on Friday... Good luck!!!
  • hokie4hokie4 Member Posts: 4
    As of noon today 11/18/09.... The websites for the dealers below showed:

Three (3) 2009 base models in Beckley, WV.

One (1) 2009 Tech and One (1) 2009 Tech w/Entertainment in Roanoke, VA.

I am not connected to these dealers in anyway, except I have traded with both of them. I was thinking about going with the 2009, but have decided on the 2010, but I still monitor the above dealers just to see what is being delivered.. I am one of those who likes the 2010 front. The new tranny scares me, but it can't be any worse than the problems found with the 2003 to 2005, which I own.... I am guessing the 2010 will cost me about $3k to $4K more, but I think it will be worth it to drive the newest version of the MDX.
  • etspametspam Member Posts: 4
    So, since you work for an Acura dealer, can you tell me if they are still producing 2009? Or is it pretty much end of production, and they're ramping up production of 2010? If so, when are they going to come onto the market?
  • nbcarsnbcars Member Posts: 6
    Thanks a lot for the information. I got the quote for 09 tech is
    $ 39000 +TTL. About the same price after adding running boards and roof rack.
    Still shopping around to see whether I could get $38000. Otherwise, I might wait for 2010 model.
    Hey Bud, do you mind posting on how much you paid for your lexus rx.
  • jb1317jb1317 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I was interested in the MDX Tech and wanted to check in with Pohanka to get a quote Can you advise who to contact at the dealership? Thanks for your help.
  • silverapplesilverapple Member Posts: 1
    I am about to buy a 2009 MDX base model - at my local dealer, the price quoted is 36.7K. I have to pay extra for additional options like the running board, wheellock etc. The tech package is 40.9K. Financing at 2.9% for 60 months. Are these good prices or should I search for better internet pricing ?

I am neutral between MDX and Lexus RX350. I am not sure if I am actually paying a good price for the MDX. As I read this forum, it seems that everyone else gets a very good deal on the MDX.

I do not really need a new SUV but it is good to drive one before TG. But I can wait longer if I can get a better discount like 1-2k cheaper.

This is my second time buying a car in US. My first was a 2008 camry and it was a good deal. Any advice on should I wait or should I commit ? They have about 20 more cars sitting in their inventory - a mix of tech and base models.

Thanks!
    The forum here says not to posts salespeople. If you provide your email, I can give you the contact information.
  • jb1317jb1317 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, thanks for sending along. My email is john.buscema@comcast.net
  • jl08540jl08540 Member Posts: 1
    Could you help to send me contact as well?

Thank you.

E-mail address: johnli08540@yahoo.com
    Hi Platt,
    I thought u already bought an MDX, If so could u pls share the dealers name & send me the salesperson name(pls email C A P RICORN-70@ HOTMAIL.COM).
    I requested quote from SCANLON ACURA for 35.8k for mdx base + ttl+dlr fee = 38.8k otd.
    Thx in advance
  • carguy75carguy75 Member Posts: 6
    anyone buy 09 mdx tech recently in chicago/midwest area? Trying to get 18.5% discount and want to make sure I am not being unrealistic.

45040 MSRP
    -18.5%
    $36,707
    +$810 Dest
    $37,517 + Tax/Title

Let me know if you have done as good or better.

Thanks
  • kokos7kokos7 Member Posts: 32
    Here is the latest I was quoted in NJ:

Tech/Entertainment: $40,830
    Tech: $39,243
    Base: $35,350

Plus $810 destination charge, tax, dmv fees and $249.00 documentation fee.

What do you think?
  • atlantaguy2atlantaguy2 Member Posts: 2
    I went shopping for a 2009 MDX with the Tech package today. The dealer had both a new 2009 and one with 2500 miles on it. For the new one he asked $40,900 (which is the KBB price) and for the one with 2500 miles he came down to $40,000. The documentation price at the dealer is an additional $600 (which seems ridiculous!).

I figure a fair offer for the one with mileage is $38000 + TTL. I would also ask them to throw in the running boards and roof rack. I just wanted to get a feel for if people think this is reasonable. Thanks!
  • t140dt140d Member Posts: 2
    Also looking for the name of the salesperson. My email is t140d@hotmail.com.

Thanks.