Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• inspectoringinspectoring Member Posts: 102
    That is good but you can still probably go down. A week ago I got the quote for 38200 + TTL for the Tech package. Pickings are getting slim, however.
  • longfrancelongfrance Member Posts: 19
    41k even. If you want to know how, click over to the Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid Forum. I explained in detail. Thx.
  • acurafan87acurafan87 Member Posts: 3
    Also looking for the name of the salesperson. My email is hwang87@hotmail.com.

Thanks a lot!
  • nbhnbh Member Posts: 1
    I bought this car yesterday for $43,500 (out of door) from McGrath Acura.

It cam around $39,100 + 810 destination charge+150 doc fee + 8% tax + 300(new plates, license,title).

They also give me weather mats for 1st and 2nd row and also for trunk mat worth of $300 with this.

I think it is decent (if not best) deal since they have last mdx (tech+ent) in black color with interior in black color.

If anyone wants salesperson's email, post your e-mail address and I will send you it in e-mail.
    Could you please also give me his email address if you have?

Thanks again!
  • billx2billx2 Member Posts: 4
    I need the salesperson's email, my email is liu2k@yahoo.com
  • tk17tk17 Member Posts: 6
    What other dealers did you look at?

Thank you for the email address, tk1780@sbcglobal.net
  • salisasalisa Member Posts: 3
    Could you please give me the contact info for the person that gave you the quote for $38,200 on the MDX tech. The best I got yesterday was $39,900 in northern NJ. My email address is lissym@gmail.com
  • kokos7kokos7 Member Posts: 32
    Can I get the dealer contact too? email edm.kokos@antichef.com
  • lexluthorlexluthor Member Posts: 48
    What kind of deals is Pohanka still giving?
  • jigishujigishu Member Posts: 1
    I would appreciate the email of the sales person.
    jigishu@live.com
  • az2000bdaz2000bd Member Posts: 2
    I live in northern Virgina and I bought base model for $35K from rosenthalacura , MA
    Phonka dont give good price quote anymore($37500 for base)
    Could you please give me the sales person's phone# and email address? hwang87@hotmail.com

Thanks!
  • timrocktimrock Member Posts: 1
    Gee, just a little unrealistic...by about 5k
  • cbusireddycbusireddy Member Posts: 33
    go for it...$37,517 without tax should be achievable for Tech. I remember someone in this forum got it for 37.5K way back in Feb 2009.
    Could you email me your salesperson's contact info to lissym@gmail.com. Thanks so much.
  • ssvarnssvarn Member Posts: 2
    can you please send me the dealer info at ss.varn@gmail.com
  • micar2010micar2010 Member Posts: 3
    Congratulations for the great buy. Please send sales person e-mail to sbsolutions@ameritech.net
  • lakepersonlakeperson Member Posts: 6
    I have been having my 2003 MDX serviced at Park Avenue Acura since I purchased the car in 2003 in Manhattan. I went to Park Avenue by recommendation, and have never been disappointed. The service staff is excellent; the car is ready when promised and the waiting area is first rate, with a clean, separate compuiter area with WIFI and coffee and refreshements available in main waiting area.
  • twotwotwotwo Member Posts: 11
    I've been comparing prices for a Base model 09 MDX from 4 Acura dealership around 100 miles radius and they're pretty consistent. Two of them offered $38k and the other two $40k. This price is including all fees except sales tax. Seems still on the high side. Not much stock available for the particular color combination, maybe one or two per dealer.

I saw some of the prices listed here, but sometime it's not clear if they are prices before additional fees or not. The additional processing fee and options can be and additional $800 to $1,500. I have not present my offer and wondering of $35k before sales tax is reasonable. I prefer to buy from dealer around town to have the relationship for future services. Thx.
    Is the $35k out the door? If so, can you email me the contact info to ban dun9@yahoo.com for comparison? Thx.
  • xiaoliuxiaoliu Member Posts: 1
    At first, thanks all MDXers for your info. Especially, I was attracted by lexluthor's deal in Pohanka, VA and then encouraged by the summary from khajokh.

I shopped around for a week via email, in which I described the 34.1k deal in VA. Dealers said it was impossible in Bay Area, but a couple of them offered quotes below 36K. At last Acura of Serramonte called me. I refused to offer more than 34.2K and the conversation ended up nowhere. But I emailed to him the next day saying I could pay a visit if they could give a quote < 35K. Then he called me right away. After test driving and hours of negotiation, we worked it out.
    Any one in the market for an 09 MDX in the Bergen county, NJ or Rockland county NY area please email me at lissym@gmail.com
  • eshakeshak Member Posts: 5
    MA deals not willing to cave in. The best i got for a base model is 36,200. Is this a good price for MA.

Input appreciated.
  • tastycakes55tastycakes55 Member Posts: 35
    I would hold firm ground...you should be able to do better than 36.2k.

The last day of the month is Monday, and this is a long holiday weekend where people are shopping for everything except for cars.

I would imagine all dealers will have special incentives for this weekend, and that you'll be getting calls back on Friday - Saturday to make a deal.
    all dealers keep saying..we have 1 or 2 cars, once the long weekend is done...there is no more 09 left.

How do i find out if there are more suvs coming in for a area ?

Thanks for the response.
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 2010s are starting production this week or next week for the MDX for delivery to dealerships at the end of December.

If your area dealers don't have stock, they probably are not getting any more.

If (big if) your local dealers really are low on supply, you may need to broaden your search further out. Deals are out there, but it will probably mean more searching.

If you want to "play the field", check out www.autobrag.com. You can submit anonymous offers to dealers at a radius of your specification for any model, and they will either accept or decline the offer. Should give you an idea of what's out there.
    Is the quote after tax and fees? If not, how much additional fee are they asking?
    u have to add sales tax + title,reg+doc fees = approx an addition 2270.

so it is like 36200+2270 for base model here.
  • scorcobra76scorcobra76 Member Posts: 9
    Was wondering how I did in my deal. Just bought an MDX last night. Black on Black Tech w/ Entertainment, roof rails, side steps, all weather mats and tray, destination included for 41,500.
  • future9370future9370 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Kokos7,

Can you tell me which dealer give the price for Tech/Entertainment: $40,830. I am looking for advice on price in Central /North Jersey area

Thank you
    Bob
    That's what I plan to do. Is 37k out the door a good price for a base model including side body mold, window tint, all season mat and wheel locks?
    That will depend on what your tax/tags/fees are.

A good price right now (IMO) for a MDX including destination is 34 - 34.5k.

Calculate tax from that and add whatever the fees are for tags/title.
  • tetengteteng Member Posts: 2
    Kokos7,

would you mind emailing me the info for the dealership that gave you the 38,200 quote? did that include destination charge?

we're shopping in jersey and would like to be able to close this weekend if possible.

thanks
    email:edmunds@adajar.com
  • sjcjmlsjcjml Member Posts: 7
    I live in Pittsburgh,PA. Local dealers around Pittsburgh does not give best deal. Right now the lowest price I got is $36,800 with destination charge, without the tax and plates.

I feel I need to broaden the field to get a good deal.
    Can you sen me the dealer info to make a good deal for 2009 MDX?
    My email address is sjcjml@gmail.com.
    Still hunting 2009 MDX. Can you send me the contact information? sjcjml@gmail.com
    Thnaks~!
    I,m in Madison WI
    Could you please give me the dealer's contact info? Thanks!
    sjcjml@gmail.com
  • betbotbetbot Member Posts: 5
    "A good price right now (IMO) for a MDX including destination is 34 - 34.5k."

I tend to agree but this likely depends on region and the available inventory, I think $34k for a Base MDX would be a spectacular deal.

In my case, e-mail quotes from five dealers in Eastern PA and Western NJ yielded an average quote of $37k, with a little prodding you can get to $35k pretty quick. From there you will need to work for it - I figured about $3500 in dealer incentives, putting the cost of the vehicle around $34.5k. To get below that the dealer is likely dipping into the holdback or taking advantage of a volume incentive so it will vary by dealer. I think $34.5k is available at the right dealer, during my negotiations I could not get there.

I closed with my local shop at $35k, they did not have a ton of inventory (only one base model in stock) and were willing to let me walk away from $35k. The only "accessory" included in that price are wheel locks ($100 retail) so I suppose they would go $34.9k. I think traveling around 25 miles would have earned me the $500 at a higher volume shop but did not verify.

So:

1. E-mail your way down to at least $35k.
    2. Look for a dealer with a lot of inventory and negotiate from $34k. Should be possible but needs the right situation.
  • richardw2richardw2 Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal? I'm in the Washington, DC area and am looking @ a 2009 MDX Black on Black with the Technology & Entertainment packages, roof rails, cross bar, and running boards. With a drive out the door price of $45K (car plus options - $42K).

Thanks
    FEEL SO BAD, BUT WAIT FOR GOOD PRICE
    Yesterday, My dealer gave me $36800 for 2009 MDX BASE and I suggested $35500. He checked the price with his manager. And then other two dealers(not my dealer) at the shop were laughed at me. FEEL SO BAD!

So I just said: OK, let see if you sell all overstocked 2009 MDXs at the end of december 2009. I'll be back to return your 2009 MDX brocher you gave me when I visited your dealer shop at the first time, because you will need it to sell these overstocked MDXs,even December 2009 and January 2010.

Now I broaden the field to get the best deal.
    Anybody have made a good deal around Pittsburgh, PA? Email me please~!!! sjcjml@gmail.com
  • kenk3449kenk3449 Member Posts: 1
    that's a great deal! i got the car for 41,300 in Orange County, South Coast Acura with a $200 cash payment after I completed their survey so all in all 41,100 for the car but with the same accessories in addition to cross bars for a total of $42,450 before tax and license. where did you get the deal and who did you deal with? I tried to get the same deal in the Bay Area but Oakland and Pleasanton were unwilling to beat it. Cost me a $39 plane ticket and a day of driving too! I thought I got a good deal but it sounds like you did better! good for you!
  • lexluthorlexluthor Member Posts: 48
    No, I don't think you can get $34-$34.5 for the base anymore. Even Pohanka is VA is over that now.

Probably closer to $35K (incl dest and and dealer "fees") would be a great deal at this point.
  • carguy75carguy75 Member Posts: 6
    signed deal on mdx tech in chicago area

38500 w/ dest and 8250 trade in for a car that car max would only give me 7000 for. one dealer offered me 5k for trade in another offered me 8k
    You may be correct, although I was able to buy a base for 34.1k this week in DC as well. You are correct Pohanka is no longer selling for the price you mentioned, however.

IMO, the dealers are playing games and holding off on making deals before the weekend so they can implement incentives and sales to drive traffic to dealerships for their own "black friday"/christmas shopping season kickoff weekend deals.
  • betbotbetbot Member Posts: 5
    I don't know if the dealers are playing games, I just think we are at the point now where most dealerships don't have a tremendous amount of inventory. So they are willing to give up most of the trunk money but can afford to wait before cutting really deep. To get $34k you need a dealer that is leveraging a volume incentive or willing to dip into the holdback to move the car.

As I mentioned in my previous post, getting $35k was pretty easy for me but to get lower you need a dealership with inventory. If they only have a few models in stock they are still far enough out from the 2010 models that they can wait. If the buyer is flexible in terms of package/colors you can likely wait and get in the $34k range easier over the next 3-5 weeks. But if you are specific on a package and/or color you need to find a dealer with some inventory now.
  • naabuddynaabuddy Member Posts: 6
    Hi Carguy75,

Could you please include dealer's name?

Also include tags, processing fee you paid for this car.

Thanks,
    Naabuddy
  • scorcobra76scorcobra76 Member Posts: 9
    I got it at Mike Harvey. I was looking for a sport w/ entertainment but there are none left in California or at least not in black/black. As far as I know, my black/black tech w/entertainment is the last one in northern california and is lucky to be actually a short drive away. Called in the morning, firmed up the price for the car at 40,500. Plus all the accessories to 41,500. Not the best deal, but good enough for me. 4 miles on the meter. Can't wait to take it home today...getting the stuff installed as we speak.
    Based on my experience this past month on getting quotes on a base model from the in state and surrounding state dealers, that seem to be the lowest asking price at the moment. Let us know if you're able to work out a better deal
  • cnantelcnantel Member Posts: 2
    I'm just starting to research purchasing a new car and checked out the prices on Edmunds for a 2009 and 2010 Toyota Matrix. They are virtually the same.

How much of a deal can I get at the dealer at this time of year if I get the 2009 model instead of the 2010.

I'm going to need a "how to" before attempting to go to the dealer. I want to be armed with information before I go. I'm in Canada, so I don't known how much of the information on Edmunds will apply.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction to get started will be appreciated. Unfortunately I need the car yesterday as my car is old and acting up. I don't want to put any $$ into it at this point. I don't want the dealer knowing how desperate I am though.

Thanks.
  • atlantaguy2atlantaguy2 Member Posts: 2
    I am shopping around Atlanta looking for a good deal on a 2009 MDX with the Tech package. Dealers don't seem to be giving the same great deals that people are getting in Chicago or elsewhere. The best I have seen so far is $41000 including running boards and a roof rack. I've also been quoted for $40,500 without the running boards or roof rack. Has anyone received a better deal?