Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mwal27mwal27 Member Posts: 6
    Best pricing I'm getting for a base model in DFW area is $41-ish. About $2000 off the MSRP. In the OKC area the lowest quote we've gotten was $40,300 on a base model.
  • deconstrukdeconstruk Member Posts: 3
    thanks, seems i forgot about the state registration. I was thinking on the smaller items such as if you bought a lcd tv out of state and could save the state sales tax on a 2500 dollar item......thanks guys/gals
  • sascsasc Member Posts: 14
    just had a dealer in ri give us a complete brush off, not even a civil reply, when we got an email from him telling us he had some due to arrive soon, we have one on order with a great boston area dealer, but asked him if he could do better than 44,030-we got back a 3 worded reply!!! no nice salesmen like reply or sorry we can't -so am wondering if this is a fluke, or is it just business as usual with inskip acura??? really 3 words-better buy in boston.......
  • coffeerequiredcoffeerequired Member Posts: 8
    Pretty much set on getting a 2010 Acura MDX w/Advance Package

How would you suggest soliciting the best prices from dealers? Is it wise to pit dealers against each other? I have 5 in IL that pretty much are the same distance from me.
    Anyone know what the CostCo price is w/Advance Package?

Of course I plan to negotiate price first before even talking about my trade in or financing. Pretty much plan to walk in with preapproved financing most likely directly thru Acura & dont expect a problem. I have just had some bad experiences with dealerships pulling my credit reports in the past & plan to secure my own.

I do have some time on my side but looking to this in the next month or two...

Edmunds.com:
    MSRP $51,855 Invoice $47,504
    What Others are paying $49,149
    +$810 destination charge +TTL
    coffeerequired: I would definitely pit dealer against dealer if you can...so far that is how we've gotten our best prices. One of the dealers we've been talking to asked if I could actually forward him the email from another dealer, and within ten minutes of getting the email he had beat that offer. It may seem slimy, but I'm afraid with car buying it's the name of the game. I don't really feel any loyalty to these people, I just want the best possible price! I think it is smart to deal over email alot in the beginning-documentation is a good thing.
  • shauryavirshauryavir Member Posts: 2
    I have been checking the price of 2010 MDX tech+ent for last 2-3 weeks. One dealer was offering it at $43,650 (including $810 destination charges) but now asking $45,650 in San Francisco area. I spoke to him and offered him my last price at $44,000. I haven't heard from him yet. Meanwhile another dealer is offering it at $44,800. Has anyone bought this make/model with same trim in last couple of days and what price? Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
  • igiban1igiban1 Member Posts: 24
    Which dealer gave you $43,650 for tech/ent? Sounds more like a mis- quote.
    Did anyone hear from dealers saying that the invoice for a new mdx+tech now is 43268 not 42919 (seen on Edmund) anymore?
  • scarydescaryde Member Posts: 3
    for $41,100 from broker, including destination charge. Hope that helps.
    Went to dealer and they would not budge from 42,000. Gave a call to broker and got 41,100 after he searched around. APR 2.99 from Honda finance.
  • dvricedvrice Member Posts: 73
    I have two questions that Iwould like feedback on:

1) Has anyone dealt with or know the reputation of Acura of Manhattan? They seem to have ridiculously low prices on MDXs in their pre-auction inventory. If something seems to good to be true is normally is.

2) I have done a lot of research on purchasing a used MDX. I have found a deal from a private owner for a 2008 MDX with the Tech package and it has 21k miles. The vehicle is a one-owner with no accidents in excellent condition. The bottom line price I have negotiated is $31k. I believe this is a very good price and I plan to purchase the vehicle. I would really appreciate feedback on how good this price is for this vehicle.
  • caprice2caprice2 Member Posts: 34
    Hi Folks
    I just got a mail from RADLEY that there is a $2000 incentive till Feb month end.
    Hope that solves the mystery. ;) Now I will look around to buy in next few weeks.
    I am looking for MDX Tech, My local dealer sent quote for $43568 for the same.
    I have a private owner offer me a 2009 MDX SPORT ENT with 11000 miles for 40800. Not sure If it is a good deal, espcially now with the transmission changes etc for 2010 & the 2.9 APR from Acura for new cars(2k incentive just announced).
    Guys, Please let me know your thoughts, I am still un-decided :confuse:
  • shauryavirshauryavir Member Posts: 2
    Redwood city dealer.
    Update: just haggled him a bit more, he threw in cargo net and floor mat.

so $41,100 + including floor mat, cargo net, dest charge + $55 doc fee + $610 dmv fees + Tax of 9.75 percent for Los Angeles area. 2.9 financing from Acura.

Hope this helps others. You can probably do a little better.
  • jayg6jayg6 Member Posts: 15
    I don't see the $2000 incentive on edmunds.com as yet. I got a $44000 quote from a Bay Area(San Francisco) dealer a couple of weeks ago. Was the quote of $43568 you received for the MDX Tech after a $2000 discount?
    Just wanted to clarify that the $44000 quote was for a MDX Tech. If SHAURYAVIR received a $43650 offer for a tech+ent, then am I correct in assuming that the MDX tech would for for around $42000?
    MY local dealer in Jacksonville quoted 43568 for MDX TECH.
    He hasnt told me anything about 2000 incentive(I think they like to keep it hush hush until we know). I heard about 2k Incentive from RADLEY ACURA.
    Just put down a deposit on a 2010 MDX base model in Tulsa for 40,000 even. This includes wheel locks and mats. This does not include TT+L but our understanding is that in the state of OK, you do not pay this through the dealer like in TX. (Obviously I'm aware that we still pay it, just through the DMV.) After much research and some negotiating we feel like we are getting a good deal! I am so excited to pick it up this weekend. Only negative-I'm a Texan and I'll be stuck with Okie plates for a while. :)
    got another offer for base in So. CAL for base model.

40500, includes dest charge. getting better every hour it seems lol.

i think i'll give a little more room and ask if incentives are coming in feb.
  • tripsplus1tripsplus1 Member Posts: 2
    Last week, I traded in my 2008 MDX base (only 9,000 miles) for $32.5K at Tarrytown Honda in Westchester County. I think you're getting a good price for your MDX w/ Tech package. I have some accessories from that car if you're interested (all weather mats, cargo tray, cargo cover and NIB roof rails on Craigslist).
  • hornsby23hornsby23 Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking at a privately owned, very clean 2005 MDX. I can tell it's been well taken care of and the seller is the second owner (bought it off lease) purchased the extended warranty--81K or 4/12. Only thing is the asking price is high--$22150. I'm very interested in the car, and I don't want to low ball the seller, but Edmunds TMV is 20,335. Granted, I would not have to pay sales tax, etc, so I'm saving over dealer price...what do you think? Thanks!
  • ireneatlas19ireneatlas19 Member Posts: 7
    How many miles does the 2005 MDX have? Acura tends to be a great car. I have a acura tsx 2004 it has 110000 miles on it and it still drives like when I purchased it...no noises or rattles like I hear in other brand of car that are newer then my car.
    In your position you need to know mileage....was this mileage highway mileage or stop and go on local street mileage. reason being the stop and go mileage comes with more wear and tear on a vehicle then highway mileage.
    look on ebay and see what other poeple are selling their 2005 mdx for on there and you can get an some information on the price you are about to pay for the mdx 2005.
    Hope this has help you...it has helped me in the past.
  • hornsby23hornsby23 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks. The MDX has 52,200 miles. I looked at CPO MDX with slightly higher miles for $22,987 at a dealership, but would prefer to buy from a private seller.
  • mjenergymjenergy Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have anymore information on the 2010 MDX Cash Back or is it just misinformation? Getting ready to purchase.
  • fumdxfumdx Member Posts: 7
    That's just misinformation. I purchased the car in jan 2010. There are
    financing options which start: 01/15/2010 End: 03/01/2010
    1.9% APR Term: 24 months
    1.9% APR Term: 36 months
    2.9% APR Term: 60 months
    Hope this helps.
    I'm interested in the accessories. E-mail me at dvrice007@yahoo.com

Thanks
  • fl32459fl32459 Member Posts: 9
    Caprice, Looking in NW FL & may need to journey over to Jacksonville. What is the dealership name? I know there is one in J-ville and one in Orange Park. Any info much appreciated!
  • ling_2kling_2k Member Posts: 1
    fumdx,

What kind of discount did you get from ur 2010 MDX? I am also looking for a 2010 MDX Tech/entertainment package. Wonder if I can get $4k off the MSRP.

Thanks,
    ACURA OF ORANGE PARK gave quote of 43568 for MDX TECH
    You probably can haggle some more
  • fumdxfumdx Member Posts: 7
    I got the x with the tech package. I personally think the entertainment system is useless. If you're planning to get it you might as well just get the advance package. I paid 800 over invoice and got all weather mats.
  • flyguy11flyguy11 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyboby heard about Honda/Acura are recalling some of their products? I am wondering how this would have impacts on the sales of 2010 MDX?
  • fl32459fl32459 Member Posts: 9
    Good to see what others are actually paying. Closest dealer has added a "Protection Package" of $998 to all cars and they offered to sell it to me for MSRP. Yes, we walked out.
  • njstealthnjstealth Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2010 MDX Tech/ENT for 44500 + tax
  • smitty1krrsmitty1krr Member Posts: 19
    Be specific with the Orange Park dealer.

I got a quote from them, then the vehicle had $2K worth of profit pack and
    accesories on a bump sticker that needed to be added to my quote.

And their dealer fee is $600.
  • pvdesipvdesi Member Posts: 9
    Got a quote for 44000 tech pkg w/ running boards (total out the door is 49000 including taxes...buying car in CA but live in Utah, so I assume the total should be less since I will pay the taxes in Utah). Is this a good deal? I am seeing some quotes that are similar for tech/ent...

Got another quote for 43416 before ttl and fees...

Appreciate any advice...
    Can you please share the name of the dealer that offered you 43416 for MDX tech? Also, what dealer has given you the lowest quote for MDX tech+ent?
  • tradertim9tradertim9 Member Posts: 4
    Which dealer did you buy your Tech/Ent? I'm looking for the same deal in Texas.
    I haven't received any quotes for tech+ent...

The dealer renged on the 43416...starting over again...will send an update next week
  • ursamajor1ursamajor1 Member Posts: 39
    Check your assumption that you'll be paying Utah taxes on a California purchase. I bought my '08 MDX in 2/08 from Sunnyvale Acura in NoCal, and drove it back (and registered it) in Park City. I tried to get Utah tax applied, but the dealer said they legally had to collect California sales tax on any vehicle that left the lot.
  • boatskigolf1boatskigolf1 Member Posts: 7
    sasc, do you mind telling me which dealer in the boston area you are working with? $44,030 is about 1K over invoice which is right around the TMV and average price achieved by people posting here. I am out in the 495/mass pike area. I have been looking since about mid-december when the 2010's came out, looking at Tech+Ent. Not in a big hurry yet. Been doing most of my looking and test drives at Herb Chambers in Framingham. Salesman I have worked with seems nice enough and they have had a reasonable inventory, but I have not gotten into details/prices with them yet. Do not really care where I buy it, just want a good/fair price. Thanks.
  • Adam BoydAdam Boyd Member Posts: 23
    Paid 43,500 for a 2010 MDX Tech in the Northern NJ area after internally quabbling with myself over whether to buy new or used for quite some time.... there are some great used deals out there for 2008's you can pay about 35 - 36k for tech/ent ... paul miller has one they're willing to let go for 36.5k it has 13k miles on it. Ultimately, I just found it to be not worth the price difference to go used -- who knows who was driving the car before me, they could've beat the hell out of it. Those are my thoughts anyway.
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the info ursa...
    Does that mean you didn't pay CA tag and registration (paid in UT)? Also did you have a time limit to drive back to UT (like a 96 hr temp permit)
    I've been contemplating the same decision: new vs used. I am willing to go the used route as long as I think I am getting a "deal" by going used.

I had one really good deal fall through, and now I think I have found another nice deal. It is a 2008 base model w/ 20k miles for $31k. One owner with a clean carfax. This seems like a very good price compared to other used deals out there. The only thing that bothers me is if I compare it to the deals a few were getting when the new 2009s were get closed out at $34.5k. Any feedback on my price for this 2008 would be appreciated - I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger this week.

Thanks
  • Adam BoydAdam Boyd Member Posts: 23
    That's a good price. The best price I could get for a used car (2008) with the Tech package was 35k. I have a login to Mannheim and I can see how much the used MDX's are going for on the auction block. It's pretty much what these guys are selling them for.... 31k is a great price for a base model with only 20k.

The only thing that bothers me about used is that I have no idea if the person driving it beat the hell out of the car or not, since chances are you won't know the previous owner.
  • sascsasc Member Posts: 14
    we have been at prime acura in walpole, but may have a problem, called yesterday to check on delivery of car on order and were informed that the salesman quit a few days ago, mgr looking through his paperwork, only found old order(we originally ord. a base) and needs to have sales mgr get back to us.... we are waiting... they have been good so far, but now hmmm I want my car, and i want it now..having kids rubs off on a person.
  • mdxguy5mdxguy5 Member Posts: 6
    For what it is worth, we bought a 2010 MDX to replace out a totaled 2005 MDX. It was a Touring, but without DVD. Insurance Co's initially offered us $20,900. We told them to check their math, since the car only had 32K miles on it. Not sure where we will end up on it.

Curse the lady that took the turn in front of us!
  • 43434343 Member Posts: 8
    What about an '08 Tech with 24,000 on it?

A local Honda dealer has one that he's asking $38,877 for. It's in great shape and has a clean CarFax. Locally I've been told that around $34,XXX would be a fair price.
    FYI - For comparison, a local dealer has a 2008 MDX with Tech and Entertainment and 40k miles. The lowest they would take is $32.5 for it. The best deal I have found is still a 2008 base with 20k miles for $31k. I'm leaning towards the base and installing aftermarket DVD for the kids.
  • flyguy11flyguy11 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a 2010 Tech/Ent with $48500 (OTD). I am in Northern CA. They gave me a fair price for my trade-in and throw in wheel-locks. I also bought some accessories and total cost is $50800 (OTD).
    I am not very happy with the mileage. It is a new 2010 but has 180 miles already. I guess it was transferred from other dealership....
    Which dealer is it? Is it a car already in dealer's lot?

The $48500 (OTD) is before trade-in? That's like 43600 b4 ttl for tech+ent in No CA right? Sounds like a decent price for tech already. A super bargain for tech/ent and you are fretting abt 180 miles?

From a few posts It seems like dealers are discounting ent portion heavily.