Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sienna Future Models

Comments

• diploiddiploid Member Posts: 2,286
    Don't know, but the current Sienna doesn't.
  • gessgess Member Posts: 90
    The Previa did have hidden door tracks.

From the picture, the rear seat looks like it folds differently than the Odyssey. There is no flip, it just folds straight back and down (the seat back bottom ends up at the rear).

I wonder why there is no 8 seat option for the XLE?
  • coolguyky7coolguyky7 Member Posts: 932
    Maybe that area used (2nd row, middle seat) for the 8th seat will be used for some other luxury-like purpose. Large captains chairs? Console of some sort?
  • tommy38tommy38 Member Posts: 32
    that what I also saw on a spec sheet at a Toyota dealer in the GTA today. From Tom216's pics it looks like the 04 have 16" wheel instead of 15" in the current 03.
  • amberberamberber Member Posts: 2
    Originally I plan to buy Ody, after seeing the pics of the nw Sienna, I change my mind. Really like the small chair in the second row, the roll-down middle window and the overhead console. Hope it will have trip computer & compass & out-temp like T&C
  • amberberamberber Member Posts: 2
    People can get in and out from third row from rear door if on-third is folded down!
  • unc8185unc8185 Member Posts: 33
    1. I do wish that the third row had not gone the way of the Odyssey. Removable seats with a flat, metal floor would certainly work better for many uses. My wife's wheelchair lift may not be compatible with such a floor. :-(

2. I do wish that Lexus could use this platform to build a true luxury vehicle. There is no logical reason that mininvan and luxury should not go together. Hopefully some manufacturer will take the plunge and build such a minivan.

3. I am very interested in the rear opening dimensions. The 2000 XLE's rear opening measured 40" from floor to ceiling. This is the absolute minimum for our wheelchair lift and our chairs. The new GX470 only gives 37.5". :-(

4. I also hope that the new Sienna will offer satellite radio as an option. I have heard that Southeast Toyota dealerships will offer XM radios as a dealer-installed option.

Thanks for any information about the rear opening height in the new van. My Mercury Villager has 223,000 miles and needs replacing. We love many aspects of my wife's Sienna and are hoping that the new Toyora will work for us.

Seb
  • auburn4auburn4 Member Posts: 2
    Any info. about navigation options in the 2004 model?
    I'm 99% certain the Sienna will get navigation since it seems that almost all of Toyota's upper scale models are receiving them. My believe is further supported by the fact that the Odyssey has one available.

Alright! This thread is rated the most active as of Saturday afternoon.
  • chartsterchartster Member Posts: 5
    Any info on sunroof and DVD?
  • toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    I believe that the XLE will still come available with the moonroof as an option, but don't hold me to that. And if they don't have one originally, they should soon have a DVD entertainment system avail as well.
  • 03honda03honda Member Posts: 96
    Sorry if this is a repeat question, but does anybody know when the 2004 Sienna will be released? I'm actually interested in the 2003 and I'm hoping to start shopping for one as the 2004s begin rolling out. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good deals as dealers try clearing their lots.
  • seguyseguy Member Posts: 133
    my first impression is that it looks like the dodge grand caravan with some toyota touches. Still nice for a van, nothing like the VW microbus. Interesting to see how Honda counters in 2004.
  • geodude19geodude19 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know the tow capacity of the new Sienna?

We currently have a '99 Pontiac Transport, eight passenger, we use for towing. Our other car is a '93 Camry Sport. Incredibly reliable. We've only owned Toyotas and the Pontiac is the first exception. Likely the last! Now that the Sienna is big and carries eight, the only unknown is the tow rating. We need at least the standard 3500lb rating, but something a tad higher would give us a good buffer.
  • steveb84steveb84 Member Posts: 187
    Tentative launch date is March 15th. There are great deals on the 03 Sienna's right now.

Latest info I've seen is that Navigation won't be offered. That could certainly change though.

Pricing won't be available until the Sienna is ready to hit the lots. There will probably be some sort of price announced at the Detroit Auto Show - most likely a "starting at" base price.

Yes there will be a moonroof available on the XLE.

DVD entertainment system also available.

Regarding the 8th seat, word is that it's more of a child size seat and possibly a little cumbersome to move around.

• dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    8th seat sounds great.

And coincidently my children are "child sized" so they should fit just fine. : ^ )
    Well, I've spoken with a contact I have and they've given me a little more info on the new van. The shift lever is going to be on the center console under the radio and climate controls. There is supposed to be ALOT of room between the first and second row seats. The ones with the DVD Nav. system are supposed to have the HVAC and radio controls integrated into the touch screen. (love or hate decision there) The second row will have DVD/Radio, and Climate controls in the headliner.

And the release date is supposed to be sometime in March.

Any other info I get I will make sure to post.

Ken
  • dplachtadplachta Member Posts: 109
    Many of my wishes regarding the new Sienna have come true. Even so, I have a few more:

73" width or less (fatter than that means my other car will have to sit outside my garage);
    206" length or less;
    75" height or less, including roof rack (or it won't get in my garage);
    Sunroof available on the low end model;
    21 MPG in city;
    Firmer seats than those in Sienna CE or LE;
    Base model cost of $23K (with loads of base equipment ;o))
    A nice price from my local dealer.

The last new car we bought was a '91 Previa and we're getting enthused about possibly buying this one.
  • jraiderjraider Member Posts: 25
    I just looked at the pictures of the new Sienna. They look good, however, we just purchased a new Sequoia. We couldn't wait any longer, our lease on our 98 Sienna was up. We had 2 Previas before our Sienna, so I was ready for something other than a mini-van. I didn't want a 03 Sienna that looked like the one I was getting rid of. After driving the Sequoia I was sold. Our kids are 14 and 11. They are not child sized anymore. The sequoia fit us better, and we have used the 8th seat a lot. Our kids are into sports and we transport team members frequently. We had to sell a 97 Tacoma with 20,000 miles on it because our kids grew, and they didn't fit in the cab with my husband.

All and All the new Sienna looks great, and I'm sure that they will sell a lot of them. We have friends looking for a mini van and we will recommend the new Sienna.
  • anjancdanjancd Member Posts: 16
    Great pictures!!

Does anyone know the rated HP and torque on the 3.3L engine? Maybe, 240? With AWD option, and the overall increase in weight, it could be around 225HP?

Is 5-speed auto standard on all models?
    I'd like to know more about this engine and wondered if it is brand new or from another vehicle that might have been reviewed on Edmunds.
    The 3.3L V6 is an all-new engine which should eventually be used in many Toyota/Lexus models. There is even word that a V6 will replace the I6 in Lexus models.
  • sequoiasaurussequoiasaurus Member Posts: 240
    I'm thinking the same exact things too. I can't read the tag either it almost appears to read SEMA but could be Sienna.

Where is the original post about these pictures? I can't find it. Where are these shots taken? Dealer conference that sbell went to or somewhere else?

Everything looks great to me but the front end. Sort of disappointing but still keeping the 04 Sienna on my list of must sees at the Detroit show in January.
    I've wondered about several things regarding these pictures.

The headrests in the back row (and the one for the middle seat in the 2nd row) look like they are part of the seats, precluding the need for removal before stowing the seat, saving time and wear and tear.

Also, it looks like the rearmost seat could fully recline--the hatch is quite aways back-- turning it into a bed if need be

I wonder where the spare tire is located.

Does the rear license plate say Sienna?
    It looks like this middle (child) seat forwards a bit, which should be good to watch/reach the kid in seating in that seat!!

Also, the all-new 3.3L will be going in new Lexus RX330, and ES330 in 2004 models (next year)...

The I-6s in the GS and IS is a different thing as they are not V6 engines...

Think about this:
    To own a ES330 (with Mark Levinson option) for yourself, and the new lexus-like Sienna for the family...perfect thing!

ACD
  • samnoesamnoe Member Posts: 731
    I'm sorry to bother: Which pictures are you talking about? Here at Edmunds I see just 1 single image which does not show you anything. Please let me know where can I find any images of the new Sienna.

Also, does enyone knows if there will be illuminated switches for power door locks/windows? (It's the only thing I like my Ford Windstar over the Current Sienna). Also I hate in the Sienna, when you open the front doors the rear-seat lamps does not come on, and vice versa, when opening the rear sliding door or liftgate, the front lamps stays off.
    The GS doesn't use an I-6, only the IS300.
  • xr_matrixxr_matrix Member Posts: 96
    samnoe...these are the pictures people are talking about...

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1472723&uid=821072

To the best of my knowledge, the only actual photos of the 2004 Sienna out there today...

The headrests in the second row of the new Sienna appear to be adjustable. The third row is a little uncertain but I would say they are since it would be mighty dangerous for an adult sitting back there in an accident with no head/neck support.

Note: The Lexus IS 300 and GS 300 both use I6s currently.
  • papabrodypapabrody Member Posts: 5
    I have never pre-ordered a vehicle before, but my wife and I really want one of these. We love Toyotas/Lexus but weren't thrilled by the 2003 Sienna. The 2004 seems to have what we are looking for. How does one go about pre-ordering? Are there any tips?
    A couple of things to keep in mind. First, there is NO pricing information available for the new sienna as of yet and probably will not be until late Feb. or early march just prior to launch. As for ordering one, go to the dealership in your area that you're comfortable working with and just work up the order. It will probably be based upon MSRP whether it is MSRP, over, or under, the buyer's order can be written to incorporate this. Place your deposit, get a copy for your records and if you're working with a good quality rep., they should keep you informed via phone or e-mail as we get additional updates about pricing and when they should come in.

Hope this helps.

Ken
  • papabrodypapabrody Member Posts: 5
    I have never pre-ordered a vehicle before, but my wife and I really want one of these. We love Toyotas/Lexus but weren't thrilled by the 2003 Sienna. The 2004 seems to have what we are looking for. How does one go about pre-ordering? Are there any tips?
    If you order a new Sienna before they come out, would you receive a bargain at all?

I wonder about other new vehicle releases and cost of those. I would think that the dealers would love to line up purchases, as they might affect their future allotment and they would get a sale without even a test drive.
    Typically on something that is freshly redesigned such as the Sienna, MSRP or somewhere close is going to be a very good deal at least to begin with. From everything I've heard of the new van, I would expect that will continue for quite a while. Some areas don't like doing things like "ADM's", but depending on where you live, MSRP may be a very good price. Others, you may be able to do a bit better, but not for a few months. So, I guess what I'm saying is that at least to begin with for a preorder, it's unlikely to find much off of MSRP, but like everything else when buying vehicles, each experience is unique, so no guarantees.

Hope this helps.

Ken
    coolguy - You are correct. Didn't know Lexus changed that on the GS.
  • bdkny2001bdkny2001 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know when the 2004 Sienna will be available? Third kid on the way and I am desperately hanging on to buy the new Sienna. Thanks.

-Brian
    If you look at some of the earlier posts, you'll see that the '04 is expected sometime in March.
  • vixtervixter Member Posts: 34
    According to my ordering guide, the rear seats have vertically adjustable headrests. From the pics it's obvious that they will probably be flush with the top edge of the seats. When in use they can be simply pulled up and adjusted to the apropriate height of the passenger. Having said that there will probably be no need for removal when stowing the seat into the floor. This is a procedure which I'm sure that annoys Odyssey owners.
  • chartster2chartster2 Member Posts: 15
    Vixter, how about posting the ordering guide that you mentioned. That might answer a lot of questions here!
  • toyoclantoyoclan Member Posts: 1
    I am thrilled with the aforementioned features on the '04 Sienna, esp. the foldaway rear seats! I previously owned a '92 Previa with fold up rear seats which I loved, but after 180K + miles we decided we needed a new van. I wanted an Ody but was disgusted with the price and arrogance of dealers, but used this as leverage with Toyota. Got an '02 Symphony Sienna for $200 under invoice, but told my husband that as soon as Toyota made a split foldaway rear seat, we would be trading this one in! I'm also thrilled with the roomier size, much more "Previa-like!"
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    I'm currently looking for the first, original owner to those pictures. Trying to help out a national spy pic person who is interested in them, but we can't seem to track down the original owner to the pics. Any help would be appreciated! You can email me at the address under my profile.
    The GS300 DOES have an inline six cylinder engine, same used in IS300 with slight modifications. ES300 has V6. THat's a fact.
    That is correct. See post #250.
    I found this pic of the new Nissan Quest from cars.com's Detroit auto show preview:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z13F412E2

I remember someone saying it looked like a dolphin. I think so too.
  • deepandeepan Member Posts: 342
    does the new sienna have independent suspension on all 4 wheels or just the front. What is the rated torque& hp for the 3.3 engine
  • vixtervixter Member Posts: 34
    The front is going to be independent with Macpherson struts while the rear gets a torsion beam type with gas shocks. As I posted before there are no Hp or torque ratings as of yet.
  • orcutt1orcutt1 Member Posts: 1
    I too, purchased a Toyota Previa years ago (1993)and have found it extremely reliable! We now have almost 205,000 miles on it. We don't really want to give it up, but the reality is staring us in the face! I spoke to a Toyota Rep at the Auto Show in Washington D.C. and he suggested waiting for the 2004. I find the sideways folding seats very easy to use (my kids change them for me a lot) I have to have something that will be big enough to haul my daughter's string bass around in as well as something that will be as reliable on our steep hill in winter as my All-Track Previa. My Previa has been hit by deer three times now and like a Timex watch, it keeps on ticking! We are looking at several makes including the new Volvo SUV. Gas mileage is a concern for us as well.
  • gessgess Member Posts: 90
    Funny how Nissan can't make a minivan if their lives depended on it. Apparently it will only seat six.
    6? I hope that's just a rumor. 7 has always been the magic number for minivans - don't know why any automaker would go lower.
  • tommy38tommy38 Member Posts: 32
    I'm kinda disappointed if the 04 Sienna does not come with 4 wheel independent suspension since its main competitor, the Honda van, already got it for years.
    Just hope vixter was wrong :)