Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sienna Future Models

Comments

• jctobinjctobin Member Posts: 25
    Actually, on further review the specs on the Toyota website appear to be contradictory about power side doors. For my post above (518) I was looking at the printable specs. However, running through the flash demo, it specified that power doors are standard on the two XLE models, but not available on the LE model. Because the printable specs include the line about "Obstacle-detection sensors with "pinch protection" on power side doors and back door" are standard on LE and up, I would guess that there is a possibility that the power side doors will be an option on the LE. I think it highly unlikely they'd be standard on LE.
  • chartster2chartster2 Member Posts: 15
    I just can't get over how small that DVD screen looks. Can anyone provide the actual size? It doesn't even look like it's 7".
  • deepandeepan Member Posts: 342
    row seats in the 8 passenger configurations. thats what couple of photos are telling me. Is this correct.
  • tgh2tgh2 Member Posts: 8
    i just read on the sienna ( vans board) #2441 that the awd probably won't be available until the summer. any information regarding that?
  • coolguyky7coolguyky7 Member Posts: 932
    I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5405&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=602

What in the world is that area next to that Sienna's right (on our left) fog light? I've seen it in a few pictures and can't figure out what that "blank" area is. It looks very awkward though since it throws the vehicle's symmetry out of whack.
  • innovations2innovations2 Member Posts: 22
    Could it be the cruise control radar?.. not sure either.
    I thought that might be those two black dots at the corners of the front bumper.
  • canuck13canuck13 Member Posts: 73
    I've ordered a 2004 Sienna AWD. When I placed the order I told the dealer I need a vehicle ASAP and if the AWD would be available later than the FWD I'd prefer to order the FWD. He assured me that they would be coming out at the same time. The post from Rainbow24 concerned me so I put in a call to the dealer again today to tell him I need to move to FWD if AWD isn't available in March. He was out until tomorrow afternoon. I'll post his reply tomorrow when I get it.
  • stragerstrager Member Posts: 308
    Anyone visualizing their dream Sienna with the options they want is heading for disappointment. Toyota is notorious for bundling lots of useless, costly options (which can change every month) in their popular vehicles, especially new ones like the Sienna. These unnecessary options can easily add $3-5000 to the cost of an otherwise reasonably equipped vehicle, IMO.
  • kmcmikmcmi Member Posts: 22
    The black "blank" area next to the fog light is the laser cruise control.

On ordering a Sienna. I don't know how Toyota works in Canada but there is no such thing as pre-ordering a vehicle in the US. If a dealer is telling you that in the US, they are being less than honest. The only thing you can do is put money down to hold your place in line to have the first right to refuse the vehicles as they are allocated to the dealers. Dealers can not special order a vehicle. We can preference one, meaning we ask the factory to send us a specific vehicle during its next production run. There has been absolutely no information given to the dealers on production schedule, pricing or equipment package availability so it impossible for a dealer to "Order" one for a customer. I would be very weary (again I only know the US market) of a dealer allowing customers to place orders of specific vehicles right now. We will probably have more information on the '04 Sienna by the first week of February. I will post it as I get it.

- Kevin

Any dealer oriented questions can be posted or emailed to me at kkjcrum@msn.com
  • dplachtadplachta Member Posts: 109
    I put a deposit down on one. First to do so at this dealer. It was a very awkward deal--basically, we agreed to negotiate on a new Sienna when a CE or LE comes in that is red or green.

We didn't discuss price at all. I'm assuming she thinks I'll pay sticker and I'm assuming she'll give me some small discount given my position on the list!

Regarding 7 or 8 passenger--I see no advantage going with 7. Sure, your kids get armrests, which they don't need and there is an always present passage to the rearmost seats. However, with 8 you can have an armrest if that middle seat is folded forward. You can seat 8. You can seat 5 with tons of storage. You can take that seat out and the only thing you lose is an armrest. Why not get it???
    sliding door with 8 passenger seating. The seats will be closer to th edoor anyway.
  • jandk98jandk98 Member Posts: 20
    As far as armrest for 8 passenger, look at the following:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5399&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=602

It doesn't look like there are any armrests for the center seating in an 8-passenger setup. dplachta (above) had a good point that the folded middle seat could probably be used as an armrest (see http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5400&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=602)

Also, it seems to me that the advantages of 7-passenger seating are the armrests (of course), but also the ability to slide the passenger-side chair over to the driver's side; this configuration gives you the ability to climb into the van (to strap in kids) rather than stand out in any weather. That extra space (available when you slide the seat) also makes it a lot easier to get to the 3rd row. This is one of the big reasons why the Honda Odyssey is highest on our "possible next car" list.
  • kmzg8kmzg8 Member Posts: 3
    It'll only put yourself into the last position to get the stuff you really want and jacking up the final price, since you're guaranteeing the dealer the sales and they'll try everything they can to sell it at a higer price than yours to anyone who come after you. Hence the "pre-order" is THE worst thing a car buyer can do...
  • twinmom73twinmom73 Member Posts: 17
    Looking at those pictures of the second row - where the seat back meets the seat. It looks like some kind of flap? What do you suppose that is for? To keep crumbs out of the seat fold? Looks like something that will just get wrinkly and will probably get shoved into the seat fold anyway?
  • nofeernofeer Member Posts: 381
    when will we get that info???
    I think with 8 passenger seating the middle seat can be taken out and the other seats put together to form a bench. Also the seats dont slide. They have to be moved accross although it only weighs about 35 lbs or so. also the middle seat can slide fwd as well.

the slider also seems to have a slight curvature where the fabric meets the plastic so it may very well be an armrest.

The flap could be to catch the crumbs or could hide the LATCH anchors. Just a guess.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    That third row seat really doesn't look like it folds down very flat.
    It seems that Toyota has integrated all the best goodies from the other guys for this 2004 Sienna (maybe someone's finally paying attention…).

* Honda Odyssey: Lateral-sliding second-row seat, Third-row hiding seat (although the split-fold is original), folding center tray, Traction control

* Ody and Kia Sedona: 5-speed tranny

* Mazda MPV: Roll-down second-row windows

* Ford Windstar: Conversation mirror

* Ford/GM: Reverse obstacle detection system

* GM vans/DC vans: AWD

* DC vans: Power hatch/liftgate, available removeable center console for first- and second-row seats

I can't wait to see it (and drive it) for myself. Hopefully they also copy the price of the Sedona! ;)
  • toocajun4utoocajun4u Member Posts: 26
    For your consideration: in post 536, you mention "...the ability to climb into the van (to strap in kids) rather than stand out in any weather...."

I own a 2002 Sienna, which of course does not have "slide-by-side" seats. However, the 2nd-row passenger seat does flip down, then slide forward to allow 3rd row access. IIRC, that setup will be available in the 2004 as well. My daughter sits in the 3rd row in a booster. What I have been doing since the weather turned cold is to flip and slide that 2nd row seat, then climb into the third row in order to buckle up my daughter (closing the door behind me - BRRRR!). Since this leaves the 2nd row seatback folded down against the seatcushion, and the whole seat is pushed forward to the limit of travel, I can now sit on top of the folded 2nd row seat, facing my daughter while I strap her in, or put on her coat, etc. No crouching or squatting, no weather, no trouble - very comfortable and convenient! Often, once she's strapped in, I just walk between the seats to the driver's seat, never getting back out into the cold!

Just thought I'd throw that out there - yet another way to defur a feline.*

Larry R
    2002 Sienna XLE

*No cats were harmed in the making of this message.
  • lachancslachancs Member Posts: 16
    Sounds like nobody here has info on the new pricing schedule or if Toyota dealers should be taking orders yet.

I was hoping to stop by a local dealer, in DC, to pickup a brochure, and get some info on pricing. . . It looks like I may need to wait a while, huh?

As far as pricing goes, does anyone know if Toyota was asking(or getting) MSRP for other new vehicles like the Highlander when they first came out? What about using a buying service like AutoByTel, or UBS - Any idea if a dealer will order one using a buying service price schedule?
  • tommy38tommy38 Member Posts: 32
    Any thought on how to get into the rear seats in the new 8-seating Sienna? Is it fold and slide fwd the left/right second row seats or step over the fold-down middle second row seat.
  • toocajun4utoocajun4u Member Posts: 26
    Tommy38,

I'm almost certain that I read "fold & slide" somewhere. Of course, this is probably 4th- or 5th-hand information by now, and from an unknown source. Take it with a grain of salt. Or several grains.*

Larry R
    2002 Sienna XLE

* No condiments were harmed in the making of this message.
    From http://autoshow.msn.com/autoshow2003/article.aspx?xml=Toyota

"Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.’s senior vice president and general manager Don Esmond announced base pricing on the new Sienna will be lower than the price on the current model. Manufacturer’s suggested retail price of the entry 2004 Sienna CE will be $22,955, about $1,000 less than the current Sienna CE, he said."

Note that I found this in the forums on www.odyclub.com, the Honda Odyssey Online Club...
    A friend of mine owns a Toyota dealership (so perhaps this information won't be that useful)...however, I met with him 2 months ago and signed a contract for a 2004 Sienna. All the contract said was that the price would be $xx over the dealer cost, where $xx is a real dollar value that I'm not going to disclose. No deposit was required because he could sell anything he could get..so if I changed my mind...no problem. He wasn't able to place an order at the time and asked me to keep checking with him to see when he would be ordering. Last week he told me that he had the spec sheet with the model/feature list, assigned a salesperson to me who faxed me a copy. He asked me what model/colour I wanted and said he would be ordering at the end of last week. I checked with a salesman again today and was told that the order was placed. He also said the plant started building yesterday and they don't have pricing yet. So I don't understand why people are posting messages that say you can't place an order for a specific model/colour. He told me that in some cases, models are not available initially but if there was a problem with the XLE AWD they would flip the order to a FWD...which is fine with me.
    canuck13:

How were you able to make a color selection if the brochure isn't available yet? Did you use your salesperson's fax for color discription?

It seems to me that if the plant has started your order - your dealer should be able to write the contract now. I know I would feel a lot more at ease knowing I have a legit contract in place. I've heard nasty stories about dealers selling high-demand (pre-ordered) cars to walk-in customers for a price premium. The dealer then bumps your order down the list. The only way you're protected is with a VIN.

Also, when did they tell you your vehicle will be ready?
    I have an official contract...their paper...their sales manager's signature. Colour was easy..wife wanted silver. Anything close will do. Yes, I'm exposed re the order getting bumped..but I think I'm at least 2 months ahead of you in line...and I know the owner..so I don't think he'll screw me. Only time will tell.
  • sequoiasaurussequoiasaurus Member Posts: 240
    Just got in this afternoon and made a quick run through of the show floor to hit the highlights. Which included the 04 Sienna, 04 Quest, 04 Pacifica, 03 E Wagon, VW Tourage, 04 F150 etc. Very tired and will visit all day on Friday. I've already taken several pictures of the Sienna. However, two things will delay the posting here until friday evening. 1. forgot my camera usb cable; 2. forgot ethernet cable. Will go to store later tonight to pick them up and upload for tomorrow.

Initial impressions are very good. I'll be brief and hit the high points and you all can post more questions or request while I'm here.

1. Excellent looking in person! If anyone saw my initial impressions of the new 4-Runner or own one yourself you'll understand. Toyota used the same type of materials in the new Sienna. I love them! As most of you already know I have an 01 Sequoia now and the quality in the materials compared to the new 4-Runner are very different. If you like the new runner you'll love the Sienna as well.

2. I have pictures of the 3rd row headrest. They extend very far up almost 6-8 inches higher or more.

3. 2nd/3rd row has side window shades that extend upwards from inside the door; just like in BMW's.

4. DVD screen appears to be about 6.5 inches. Had 'show girl" measure it with brochure but I don't have a measuring tape here so I'm only guessing.

5. Plenty of hidden storage areas everywhere. More than I would have guessed. Including a mini glove box above the main glove box. Pretty neat.

6. 2nd row windows don't go all the way down. The stay up about 6 inches.

7. 3rd row center seatbelt is located in ceiling just like Sequoia.

8. All outboard seats have reading lights and ac vents.

9. 3rd row tumble and stow is seemed very easy and effortless.

10. Showgirl said that rear gate is power up and down but I only saw her do it down with a little tug on the leather handle. I'll double check that later.

11. Open hole in the front bumper is for the laser cruise control as mentioned earlier.

12. Production begins in 10 days; so around Jan 27th I'd guess.

They had two on display one an AWD XLE LTD and an XLE.

The one I took pictures of and asked most questions were of the AWD model. Some of the items above may not be available on lower end models.

I was NOT impressed with the Quest. I had high hopes for it since it is being built pratically in my backyard. However the quality looked very poor in person. The sky roof is very nice idea though.

Bottom line for now is...The Sienna XLE Ltd is the Lexus of minivans. It will give Honda a run for their money this year until the new Ody appears later 03 or early 04.

If you have any doubts about the new Sienna don't. It's very attractive and seems well built.

Oh. one last item. One thing I didn't like too much was the location of the shifter. Seems too vertical for me. Will take time to get used to.

more later.
  • gessgess Member Posts: 90
    Nice job, Sequoiasaurus. I would also be interested in more detailed review of the Quest if you wouldn't mind (in the Quest topic).
    Sequoiasaurus (get a shorter name!!)..can you ask the show girl (or guy) about the tires on the AWD and FWD (XLE) models..I want to know make and model on the production version.
  • monterey6monterey6 Member Posts: 16
    I was in Detroit last Saturday Jan. 11 and I can tell you the people posting on this board know twice as much as the reps at the show. It is all about the interest level...remember these people are not nearly as interested in the details as those of us who will be buying one. I had one of the "show guys" tell me that the AWD run flats were Michelins...who knows?...the XLE Limited AWD at the show was not equipped with Michelins.

I called one of the local dealers today and he informed me that he still had no pricing info much less any VINs to assign. I agree with the idea that those of you who have "pre-ordered" have accomplished nothing except putting yourselves in the unenviable position of being at the dealer's mercy. However, I do wish you the best of luck!

Is anybody else considering purchasing the '04 Lexus RX330 as an option?
  • gtahobegtahobe Member Posts: 42
    Thank you for all the detailed info. Are you impressed enough to change your name to siennaurus?
    I know the problem re knowledge of the staff at these things...same problem in Toronto last year...why don't they send an engineer or 2? I'm interested in what they are using for the sheet metal...galvanized steel I hope.
  • mayhem2003mayhem2003 Member Posts: 28
    canuck13: I assume you are getting better than "Access Toyota" pricing. Did your friend ever talk to you about it?
    gess- will do on friday. no problem.

Monterey-check out the photo album. picture is there just for you. :) Bridgstone.

gtahobe-Might just do it. But SequoiaSaurus sounds better.

canuck13- This girl tonight was Brandy. Very nice and helpful but not nearly as good as other presenters I've seen in the past.

Okay I've got the cable and the photos are up.

Enjoy.

http://homepage.mac.com/jbowell/PhotoAlbum19.html

Don't crash the .mac servers! :)

More tomorrow. Post your messages soon so I can get them answered if possible.
    It appears according to the yellow "brains on board" brochure that the 7 passenger option seats do have arm rest in all models. Whereas the 8 pass option does NOT have arm rest. That leads me to believe that the center seat will not fit in a XLE model which has arm rest because of the width of the seat. Can't say much about the mounts in the floor either because they don't have a CE at the show to compare to.
  • jci1jci1 Member Posts: 34
    not to throw fuel on any fires but I found the 2004 Nissan Quest very interesting in both features and design. You'll find it interesting too I am sure. Here are some specs: (sorry for the length)

Long wheelbase minivan, based on the same platform as the award-winning 2003 Altima for a performance sport car-like ride

• 3.5L DOHC 24-valve V6 engine with 230+ horsepower and award-winning VQ technology*

• 5-speed automatic transmission or 4-speed automatic

• Power-assisted rack and pinion steering

• Traction Control System (TCS) with available Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)**

• Speed-sensitive variable intermittent windshield wipers

• Available "puddle lamps" mounted on underside of outside mirrors

• Cornering lights

• Halogen headlights

• Available 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels (16-inch wheels standard)

• Independent multi-link rear suspension and strut front suspension with front and rear stabilizer bars provide superior handling and increased ride comfort

• 4-wheel vented disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist (BA) and Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)

• Available Skyview™ roof creates an open environment for 2nd and 3rd row passengers, combined with a full-length rear overhead console

• Modern colors and materials for seating and appointments, uncommon in conventional minivans

• Instrument panel-mounted shift lever

• Innovative center-mounted meter cluster and 6.3-inch information display screen

• Vehicle information center w/ trip computer and driver selectable vehicle settings

• Available 10-speaker, 250-watt first-in-minivan Bose audio system with AM/FM/6-disc in-dash CD changer or 150-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with 8 speakers

• Available DVD-based Entertainment System with the option of one or two roof-mounted rear display screens

• Available DVD-based Nissan Navigation System with 7-inch color display

Available dual-zone automatic temperature control for driver and front passenger

• Available 8-way power driver's seat with adjustable lumbar support (8-way manual driver's seat with adjustable lumbar support standard)

• Available driver's seat memory system memorizes seat and foot pedal positions and outside mirror position

• 2nd row Captain's Chairs with flat-folding feature, 3 position fore/aft slide and "tip-up" feature for easy ingress/egress to 3rd row

• 3rd row bench seat w/ "easy operation" flat-folding feature and retractable seat cushion strikers

• Available power operated sliding doors and liftgate

• Available power adjustable foot pedals

• Power front windows with one-touch auto up/down and safety reverse feature

• "Everyday Innovations" include extended length assist grip for adults and children, high-capacity garment hook for dry cleaning, front seat purse hook and umbrella holder, grocery bag hooks in 1st and 3rd row seatbacks, bottle holders and map pockets on each sliding door, upper and lower instrument panel storage bins, coin holder and cell phone/PDA holder

• Four 12-volt power points

• Driver accessible storage drawer located under front passenger seat

• Available automatic anti-glare rearview mirror with integrated HomeLink™ Universal Transceiver

• "Lamps on Demand" switch for interior illumination control

• Nissan Advanced Air Bag System technology applied to dual-stage front air bags** and occupant detection system***

• Supplemental roof mounted side-impact curtain air bags for front and rear seat (2nd and 3rd row) outboard occupant head protection***

• Available front seat supplemental side-impact air bags for thorax protection***

• 3-point seat belts and height adjustable head restraints for all seating positions

• Zone body with front and rear crushable zones help reduce impact energy transmitted to the occupant zone

• Energy-absorbing steering column

• Sensor-type Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

• LATCH (Lower Anchor and Tethers for Children) system in 2nd and 3rd rows

• Available rear sonar system alerts driver of possible obstacles while moving in reverse

• Immobilizer system

See pictures here:

www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/FutureModelHomePage/0,,24365|yes,00.ht- - ml
  • jctobinjctobin Member Posts: 25
    Great shots, Sequioiasaurus! The Sienna looks great, very attractive with lots of features no one else has right now. I love all the built in storage bins. This van has so many cup and bottle holders, next thing you know they'll need to add an on-board urinal as an option. ;-)

Regarding the Quest, my prediction is that this thing is going to tank in the marketplace because of the styling. While I admire Nissan for being daring, it's easy to be daring; it's hard to be daring and good. The Quest styling just doesn't work for me, although I think the roof design is cool. The Sienna is a bit conservative, but overall it is a successful design.

Things really, really, low on my list to worry about: Whether the third row seat doesn't fold totally flat with the floor. How big the DVD screen is (too expensive for me anyway). Whether the power door is standard on the LE.

Things I am worried about: That the price will mean taking out a second mortgage. That I'll get stuck with options (like the towing package) that I don't really care about. That this thing is so big that before you know it we'll have scrapes on the side and dings on the rear bumper, not to mention wacking the mirrors on the garage doorway every time we drive in and out.

Maybe I'll need to paint a guideline on the driveway, like a fire station, to help guide the fan in. ;-). I knew someone that had a very tight garage, and to make sure he didn't bash the front bumper into the wall, he hung a tennis ball on a cord from the garage ceiling to show him where to stop. And how about some kind of downward-aimed tailgate rear view mirror so you can see what is behind you when you back up?

Not sure if I should be worried about: Reliability of a new model such as this.
    Sequioasaurus:

Great Pics - Thanks for taking the time to post them! I think the interior looks terrific. - Although after seeing it I'm starting to get nervous about pricing.

Did you get any preliminary pricing info on the XLE Limited? (I'm a gadgets guy and love the Xeons on my current vehicle.)

Also, did they mention if the new NAV system operates as a voice-activated system - like Honda's?

Where you able to get any new info on the new Odyssey by chance?
  • monterey6monterey6 Member Posts: 16
    The third row seats do fold flat provided that the headrests on the third row are all in the down position.

Sequoiasaurus, those are fantastic shots!...better than any I have seen. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

Monterey6
    Pardon my excitement, but the last new car I bought was a '91 Previa. It's still in pretty good shape, but my goodness technology has advanced quite a bit and I'd like to be part of it!

I guess I don't know the business too well, but wonder if they are coming off the assembly line now why won't they be at dealers until mid March?

Anyhow, this has got to mean that we will see some reviews soon, hopefully by Edmunds, and hear how the engine and tranny perform.
    Tell me more about Access Toyota pricing...I don't know what that is.
    When new models begin production, automakers will park huge amounts of the model in a large parking lot at the factory. This way, when the model goes on sale, there can be an adequate supply, albeit not at full levels, but enough to reach dealers across the country.
  • philphil Member Posts: 5
    Excellent work, Sequoiasaurus!

Your photos definitely helped fill in the blanks that the pictures from Toyota's pressroom website didn't show, such as the side sunscreens, the roll down windows and the many storage compartments.

However, I didn't see a good shot of the DVD navigation system. Does it pop out, "toaster-style," like the Infiniti G35's? Also, does anyone know where the passenger's front air bags deploy from? I assumed it was the opening above the large glovebox, but Sequoiasaurus' photos show that it is actually a 2nd smaller glovebox.

My wife and I went to the LA Auto Show a couple of weekends ago with the hopes of catching a glimpse of the new Sienna. Unfortunately, we were two days too early. We can't make up our minds whether to buy a 2003 Odyssey now or wait until March to compare it objectively with the Sienna.

It seems that the new Sienna--or Lexus "LV330" as I see it--has surpassed the Odyssey in just about every category. (Where's the 4-wheel independent suspension or 4-wheel disc brakes on non AWD models?) Of course, it's not surprising given the Odyssey has been king of the minivan hill since 1999 and Toyota has had lots of time to analyze it.

Since some say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I would have expected no less from Toyota than to have the best minivan on the market (up to now) in its crosshairs. Any Honda fans out there ready to claim plagerism are ignoring the fact that Honda will undoubtedly do the same, especially since a couple of Honda dealers have told me that their district managers are claiming the next major redesign of the Odyssey will be in 2005, not 2004.

Given that the best quotes we've gotten in SoCal for an Odyssey right now are $500 below MSRP, I'm sure Honda can continue selling the current Odyssey for a while longer and use that time to dissect and one-up the new Sienna.

Toyota's press release says that the entry-level CE model is targeted to be $1000 below the current price, but I wonder if that price differential will apply to all other trim levels as well, all the way up to the AWD XLE LTD.

My excitement for all the new features are tempered by the worry that the out the door price will be in the mid to high $30s. Historically, it seems that Toyota has not been inclined to limit production intentionally as Honda has, which allows its dealer networks to make fat above-MSRP profits.

Thoughts?
  • harryfatharryfat Member Posts: 132
    Hi,

New to the Toyota board here. I'm in the market for a minivan (down to Sienna or Odyssey) and is very excited about the new features of the 2004 Sienna mentioned here. But for me, money is the ultimate deciding factor.

Contacted the local Toyota dealer about the pricing and he said he's scheduled to get a pricing sheet next week, perhaps as early as Monday, 1/20. And like other dealers, he said people have already signed up to buy the new Sienna. With this type of excitement, he is pricing to sell the 2004 Sienna's at full MSRP price.

If that's true, I'm afraid we'll be priced out of the Sienna. Looking at fully loaded 2003 XLE with everything we wanted (but no DVD), the MSRP is around $32,200. But our local dealers are discounting it by $3,500 as it's model end and another $2000 Toyota rebate, brings the price tag down to $26,700 or so.

Assuming for the moment the 2004 is similarly prices as the 2003 (yes, I read that the CE model is supposed to be $1000 less than the older model), this would imply with the no MSRP discounts, the 2004 Sienna is $32K area. And even if we carry the $1,000 off MSRP analogy from the CE model mark down, we're still looking at potential $31K MSRP for the 2004 XLE.

Whereas the Odyssey EX-L is selling at $28,860 MSRP ($300 off MSRP is best deal I can get from a local dealer here in CA), it's low price of $28,600 compared to the Sienna

So I would hope after the initial crowd of people snatched up the 2004 Sienna at MSRP or thereabouts, they will start to discount the price down. One can debate how much better the new Sienna will be compared to the Odyssey, but is it a $3000 plus better van?
  • andrewtran71andrewtran71 Member Posts: 840
    Has anyone even seen a DVD Navigation System on the 2004 Sienna?
    I think Toyota is still working on puting it all together. I guess for now, I'll just have to assume it looks similar to the ones on the Lexus.
    Harryfat,

If you are so concerned about pricing, why do you want the high-end model?

I'm very concerned about price as well as I'm usually quite frugal. We could instead buy from the big 3 and get 0.0% financing. That is very attractive. I don't doubt I'd like one of those vans and we'd save money and get more on it, however, it wouldn't have the best configuration, most room, best engine or transmission, up-to-date features, etc. I don't know what to do, but I do know that without a doubt I'll really enjoy the new Toyota and keep it a long time. I've kept this Previa 13 yrs.

Would I do the same with the GM or Chrysler? I doubt it. It would likely cost more, in the long run.