Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra vs. Chevrolet Silverado

Comments

• rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Finally a post that makes sense. Thank you.

Bob
  • vmax2007vmax2007 Member Posts: 46
    Half ton trucks are used for commuting, Home Depot runs, and maybe light delivery work for a retail store

While this may be true, half-tons are also used for towing toys (boats, pwcs, snowmobiles, etc). I use my truck for everything you mentioned and it is handy for the things. But the main reason I drive a truck is to pull my 4000# boat.

No offense, but how is financial advice relevant to this forum?

The rest of this post is "right on".
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    That's Edmunds, this website's, "opinion". They said the Tundra was the best.

I just share their "opinion". ;)

You can opppose our opinion. You can debate our opinion. I won't hide behind my opinion.

We are here to discuss our opinions? Yes? No?

Only one of us needs to call people names to make a point. :sick:

And please check out the 2008 HD's, as I have seen them on the road. Thanks! :)

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/release_display.cfm?release=25358

DrFill
    We are here to discuss our opinions? Yes? No?

Yes, what else would we be here for?

And since when is Edmund's opinion any better than anyone else's? If anything, it's less since it could be influenced by advertising dollars. Mine is based on nothing other than personal experience. Not bogus tests and other media hype. What do you drive? (not sell, drive). And how did you base your buying decision? Personal experience or job experience? If you weren't a salesman, would you be here posting? I have nothing to gain by posting here, so my reasons are solely based on my experience with GM's and my desire to share my experiences. NOT to plug my career aspirations.
  • brazosboogerbrazosbooger Member Posts: 9
    BTW my caprice classic handles rough dirt roads better than any truck ever will

Congratulations, booger! That has got to be By Gawd the absolute all-time STUPIDEST thing I've ever read on Edmunds, or damn near anywhere else, and that's saying something.

That does sound stupid driving a caprice classic in the oil patch, but it truly does handle better than any truck out there. Those oil patch boys give it all they got when I go to pass them, and often their truck bounces off into the bar ditch.

It does not sound half as stupid as driving so far to kill a wild swine. To go to someones ranch and shoot a pig! That is cracking me up. I can just see a bunch of Silverado drivers acting like mighty hog killers sitting around the fire talking about the lack of horse power and the monster swine running in the brush. It looks like you do not even need a truck. Do you want to buy my Caprice Classic? Or would the Silverado hog hunting club laugh at you?

My Tundra pulls my 49 Willys like it is not even there. That six speed is truly a work of genius. I pull the willys at 60 miles an hour and the rpms stay a steady 1500.

Let's see a Half ton Chevy do that.
    Since you didn't even drive the Tundra before buying the Chevy, your running down the Tundra is questionable, at best.

It's obvious your decision was based on avoiding the Tundra, not comparing it.

I've seen ads for Nissan, Chevy, and Toyota here quite a bit, so I don't see your point. CR loves Toyota. They don't accept ad dollars. Is this your argument? :confuse:

DrFill
  • blkhemiblkhemi Member Posts: 1,717
    Doc, just to clarify things here, let me sidestep for a minute.

Over on the HELC board, you said that carmaker Audi is irrelevant, obsolete and "not worthy" as the sales don't compare to it's competition.

Well then by default, you must admit to the same for the Tundra. The "planned" 200k units Toyota anticipates on moving won't scratch the 450k of the Rams, the close to 900k of the Silverado, and the near 950k of the F-150, a vehicle that was eclipsed by the Silverado last month and is on track for the same this month?

So with all of your typical grandstanding for all things Toyota, do you dare to elaborate on this?

Oh please, I can stand by and watch you pull your foot of your mouth. ;)
  • concreteconcrete Member Posts: 2
    While I understand the role of a half ton, snowplowing is my source of revenue in the winter months. Personaly, I want a half ton for the ride, performance and economy. Ford offers a snow plow prep option for the F150 but only in the regular cab with eight foot box. upgrades include hd cooling, hd alt, upgraded front suspension, and full hd suspension package. However, I want a fully loaded, allbells and whistles extended cab with short box. Okay, since I only plow when I go out to inspect the job done by my workers (nip and tuck we call it) I can now demote myself to staying at home and let someone else take over.
    The point I'm making about the tundra with the plow is this is extremely misleading and surprising Toyota would actually put this on display. Monday after the show I called the local Toy store and talked with the "truck expert" and was told that the display was only there to show what was to be expected from toyota two or three years down the line. So where was the disclaimer? He then explained to me that if you install a plow on ANY Toyota truck, the warranty is void. False advertising?

I have a small fleet of mostly chevy and ford 3/4 ton pickups that haul bobcats, form trailers and tons of concrete tools. three of the chevy's have over 300k and two fords have over 350K and the only major problem encountered was when one of my not so smart employees tried to pull a fully loaded 20 ton dumpster through the mud and out of his way. It cost me a new transmission and it cost him his job.
    That's true, CR does love Toyota. Yet they seem to have thier blinders on when it comes to the notchy quality of late that is coming from Toyota. Camry tranny issues, Avalon brake issues, sloppy workmanship of the RAV4, et al.

But your faithful Car and Driver snubbed the Tundra yet again in it's big pickup comparo by placing it 3rd behind all things, a "quivery" Nissan and the Silverado.

I say this to tell you to stop putting so much faith in the likes of journals and magazines to use as a crutch to bolster your crusade to color America with Toyota, especially trucks, cuz it ain't working.

Bring it.
    Judging from the huge frontal area and the gigantic overhang that is associated with the Tundra, it's not the best choice to use a plow vehicle. The other trucks have better executed frontal designs that allows them to use an array of snow plow equipment. And for sure the big 3 all offer snow plow prep pkgs for their models, and Ram offers it in 1500, 2500, 3500. From a stipped down ST all the way up to the Laramie since you have to plow snow and sit on heated leather at the same time :P . Not sure about Ford and Chevy tho, I suspect that they may offer similar pkgs.
    Let me start by saying..I didn't need to drive the Tundra, it would have been a waste of my time. It could have ridden better than a brand new Cadillac and it would not have made a difference. The GMC simply outclasses the Tundra in every way, and the power is equivalent (no matter the 300 or so extra towing capacity in the over-inflated towing ratings). The GMC rides like a dream so I seriously doubt the Tundra can even match it in that area. But, I am sure you'll tell me it does, even though you probably have never driven a new GM either (Double standard?).

You are free to question my opinion all you want, have at it. I don't care, it's a free country. You seem to think I am arguing my opinion. I am not, I am only arguing the fact that you attack my opinions, yet your opinions seem to mean more than mine?

If you want to base your opinions on magazine ads and comparos, have at it. I put NO merit to any kind of media hype. It is all biased in some way anyway. And I mean this across the board, not just on Toyota's. That is why I also debunked the so-called Motor Trend TOTY award. It had no bearing on my decision. Never has, never will, no matter who wins it.

Bottom line...IMO, the GM is a classier, better built truck with all of the capability of the Tundra. Go ahead, attack me now, I am ready for it and am getting used to it. But no matter what you say, my opinion will remain the same.
  • murphydogmurphydog Member Posts: 735
    Clearly the difference is owner loyalty. GM and Ford have it is spades and Toyota does not for full sized trucks. This is going to be the big challenge for Toyota, or anybody else who would like to take share from Ford or GM.

Post 1765 is classic owner loyalty, and no Vmax I am not trying to pick on you here. You illustrate how loyalty works.

Pretty amazing how strong it is with truck buyers My grandfather was exactly the same with Fords. Always had a full size Ford as he is a contractor. Tried a late 80's ranger as he finally started to work less and it was a disaster. Went to a Nissan Hardbody and loved it right up till it was wrecked...but guess what he took the insurance money right back to Ford.

HP, load, towing, 5 bolts, 6 bolts, 4 speed, 6 speed blah blah blah it won't matter until owner loyalty is high and then you can grow from 125,000 units to a bigger number.

I do think that everybody who buys or is thinking of buying a full sized trucked is better served by fierce competition out there.
    Murphy,

No offense taken, you are correct. I am a loyal GM guy. But my loyalty is based on personal experience from my 24 yrs of driving experience. It is not "family based" or anything like that. If I would have had bad experiences from GM, like I did with the one-and-only Chrysler product I have owned (my wife's 93 Plymouth Voyager minivan...POS). I would not be here today defending the General. But until that day comes, and I hope it never does, I will be a GM loyalist. No reason not to be.

PS: I do appeciate the Tundra coming out swinging because I do agree that fierce competition makes every brand better and we all benefit from it. The question is how much "punch" is in Toyota's fists over the long haul. To date, in the truck segment, they are KO'd in the early rounds. Ding...Ding...
    Let's see a Half ton Chevy do that.

You can, in the Sierra Denali today, and soon in all of the 1/2 tons. Only reason they don't all have them today is because GM makes over a million 1/2 tons per year, not 150K. It takes time to ramp up production at those numbers. So, enjoy you so-called exclusive 6-spd while you can, it will be short-lived.
    I know where my foot is, and it ain't in my mouth. :)

As you alluded, two totally different arguments. Comparing Toyota to Audi is like comparing Spud Webb to Michael Jordan!

Toyota has taken over Hybrid Sales, Luxury Car Sales, Compact Pick Up Sales, Economy Car Sales, and Family Car Sales. Their next target is the hardest to reach, the K2 if you will.

Toyota has nothing to prove. If they want a segment, they can take it over. It's not if, it's when.

Audi has no one running scared. Maybe running bored? :surprise:

When you reconcile Audi's US history with Toyota's, and can come up with successful business plan, please get back to me.

Have your people get in touch with my people. ;)

DrFill

So when you reconcile that, get back to me.
    ..I didn't need to drive the Tundra, it would have been a waste of my time. It could have ridden better than a brand new Cadillac and it would not have made a difference. The GMC simply outclasses the Tundra in every way, and the power is equivalent (no matter the 300 or so extra towing capacity in the over-inflated towing ratings). The GMC rides like a dream so I seriously doubt the Tundra can even match it in that area.

That's all I was sayin' from the jump.

You know you didn't give the Tundra a chance. I know you didn't give the Tundra a chance. Reviewing it now is a joke. Less than an afterthought. If you were gonna be fair with the truck, you would've done it by at least driving the truck. NOW I'm supposed to take your "opinion" seriously?

Seriously......the defense rests. (Thank G--!) :sick:

DrFill
    The great thing about Toyota is they win plenty of comparisons, especially here at Edmunds and CR, and at the end of the day, it doesn't even really matter.

Toyota wins the most important test of all, word of mouth.

Tundra isn't a major player now.

As I watch "Deep Impact", it's kinda like that meteor the size of Rhode Island, it's off in the distance, but it's coming, won't stop, and will do serious damage!

Each of the Big 3 are asking themselves: How much damage can it do?

IMO, enough so that they don't even have to take over sales to cripple any, or all, of the domestics.

Toyota will take all the time, spend all the cash they need to get where they're going.

Does anyone doubt they will reach their destination?

Tundra doesn't have to sell 700-900k to be a grand slam success.

DrFill
    You can, in the Sierra Denali today, and soon in all of the 1/2 tons. Only reason they don't all have them today is because GM makes over a million 1/2 tons per year, not 150K. It takes time to ramp up production at those numbers. So, enjoy you so-called exclusive 6-spd while you can, it will be short-lived.

Why didn't they do it from the start? Toyota puts their best foot forward so then the rest of them decide clean up their act? Who is leading and who is following? The big three have not produced a decent truck since GM's 1972 models.

Well said.

Put your ear to the ground because the Tundras are coming.
    I can get a 5.7 Tundra RC for around $25k.

Why do I have to spend close to $40k for a Denali to get a competitive drivetrain?

You can't even get a 6.0 in the RC Silvy! And the 5.7 smacks it silly! :surprise:

DrFill
    Doc, Doc, Doc...

When are you going to get it through your thick skull...I don't give a hoot if you take my opinion seriously or not. You are simply text on a computer, not even human to me. Get it?

I didn't give the Tundra a chance, you're right. And in hindsight, I am glad I didn't waste my time. However, I did read about it and looked at pics and that was enough for me. Why would I buy or even consider buying a truck that I think is ugly? For 26 more hp?
    Nuff said.
    Toyota has nothing to prove. If they want a segment, they can take it over. It's not if, it's when.

So, they must not want to then? Just like they must not have wanted to with the T-100 or the first Tundra either then? Maybe 3rd times a charm? I wouldn't bet on it.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Re: "Financial Advice"

I merely wanted to point out that there are the minimal differences between these 1/2 ton trucks if used as 1/2 ton trucks are typically used. The initial cost difference (4K) is huge and if invested in a low cost bond or equity fund would double over the life of the truck. To really make my point I should have mentioned that for most people the 4K initial difference is really 6K because you have to have 6K on your W2 to net 4K.
    Toyota wins the most important test of all, word of mouth.

Huh? Maybe your mouth.

Tundra isn't a major player now.

And never will be, not in America.

As I watch "Deep Impact", it's kinda like that meteor the size of Rhode Island, it's off in the distance, but it's coming, won't stop, and will do serious damage!

Only good comparison between the tundra and a meteor is the fact that both will crash down to earth in a big ball of flames.

enough so that they don't even have to take over sales to cripple any, or all, of the domestics.

This is just confusing me? Huh?

Me.

Tundra doesn't have to sell 700-900k to be a grand slam success.

Depends on their goals. But if they want to surpass the big 3, they will have to.
    I wouldn't bet on it.

It's obvious you make poor choices when it comes to betting. Hang in their and do not give up hope. You can drive a vmax to water but you just can not make them drink. Why do you like to type the word "opinion" so much?

My Tundra screams with sexy curves and beastly power. It makes me want to just drive around and spank all the Silverados, F's, and Rams I see. Too much fun!
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Thanks for illustrating that except for the owner's personal duded-up ride, most work trucks are 3/4 ton, standard cab, solid front axle F350s and Dodge Ram 2500's. I live in New England and can count on the fingers of one hand how many 1/2 pickups or even Chev 2500HD pickups I've seen with plow frames.

Sure the Toyota ads are misleading. So aren't most ads, including yours (probably) in the Chicago Tribune claiming "all calls returned" or "The Best Bobcat Service in the Windy City"!
    Why didn't they do it from the start? Toyota puts their best foot forward so then the rest of them decide clean up their act? Who is leading and who is following? The big three have not produced a decent truck since GM's 1972 models.

What part of "Ramping up" didn't you understand? If toyota were selling 1+ million Tundras this year, they wouldn't have half the stuff they have. GM will sell just as many 1/2 ton trucks with 6 spds than Toyota will this year. Get it? And next year, they will sell twice as many. GM is leading, they just need more time to ramp up to a new platform due to nearly 10x the volume of Tundras. BTW, the HD 4 spd in my truck is just fine, VERY smooth and proven, WITH ext cooling. I'd take my 4 spd tranny over that unproven Toyota 6 spd any day.
  • 1offroader1offroader Member Posts: 208
    Been gone a few days, just caught up with the front crash test results. That has got to be incredibly disappointing to Toyota Co. and Tundra owners.

I went to a web page that explained the ratings. 5 stars means 10% or less chance of serious injury. 4 stars means 11%-20% chance of serious injury. So, let's say that the Silverado was 10% and the Tundra was 20% (the highest for each vehicle). The Tundra has TWICE the chance of serious injury for its driver and front passenger.

BTW, the Dodge and Ford were also 5 stars. Toyota has some serious soul-searching and re-design to do. Also, where is that vaunted Toyota concern for the safety of its owners??? Didn't they test it before releasing it to the market? Anyone can reproduce the NHTSA test procedure. Doesn't look like brain surgery to do that test - crashing into a fixed barrier at 35 mph.

Toyota at least should offer an OnStar-type system, since the owner is twice as likely to suffer a serious injury. I'm still betting they will offer one, and soon, to make up for this blow to their marketing. They are going to lose sales over that. Heads will roll in Texas.

That said, a previous post explaining that modern vehicles are FAR safer than those of just a few years ago was spot-on. I rather be in a serious wreck in a Tundra than 90% of other vehicles out there.

1offroader
    Offroader,

This is understandable since Toyota had it's hands full engineering a brand new pick-up and cannot be expected to have the time and money to address every engineering aspect right out of the gate. Unfortunately, they chose to focus on the engine and tranny to trump the competition by a few more hp and a 6 spd tranny. They knew this was an important spec. due to the high number of "motorheads" who buy these things. But the rest of their truck suffered in return. Inferior frame design, poor fit-n-finish quality, less configs...etc, etc. Oh, and "more" "standard" airbags sounds great in brochures, but front crash test results don't get put in brochures. Bottom line... if you want the best all-around truck, go with one that has been under constant development for years and years. Toyota will take years to get to where GM is in both quality and market share. IF they even survive this segment in America. So far, they are 0 for 2.
    Great way to dance around the point, as you have an amazing talent to do so.

Again, the question to you was do you think that Tundra should be obsolete because it won't come near the Big 3's truck sales? Please explain how this applies to an entire carmaker, but not one model of vehicle. Reach far and long, as I know there is something in the trick bag for you to use.

And this time, please restrain with the theatrics.

BTW: So now the auto mags are "not important"? Gee, will you make up your mind. Oops, I forgot, you'll say vice-versa on other boards.
    If you want the best all-around truck, drive them all, then make an educated decision. Some are better at that than others.

You know what happens when you assume? :surprise:

You also start losing market share.

Check with Vmax for details on these facts, and much more! ;)

DrFill
    The Doc is a salesman, it's his job to dance.
    Well said.

Oddly enough, Toyota is applying the same principle that GM used decades ago by offering a stout powertrain, with the rest of the vehicle paying the price. Whether it was body intergrity, poor interior quality, or overall sloppy workmanship, they just did not stand out.

Fast forward to '07, and with Toyota not coy on talking about overtaking GM, it is happening to them. GM has the best quality record for the company in 35 years, while Toyota's is down 16% over the past 5 years. Millions of cars sold, 16% is no small number.

You just can't get that big, that fast, without letting quality slip, and Toyota seems to not care But to each his own. As long as there are people there to buy Toyota just because that what it is, then I see no reason why Toyota can't complete their goal.
    :):D
    You know what happens when you assume?

And you are "assuming" I didn't educate myself just because I didn't drive an ugly Tundra.

Bad assumption dude. I know more about the GMs than 90% of the GM salesmen out there. Enough to know it was the truck I wanted. Does that mean I think it's the truck everyone wants? Nope, didn't say that, so don't put words in my mouth please. YOU need to understand that the Tundra is NOT a take-over-the-world, God-of-all-trucks truck. But it's your JOB to try to convince everyone of that, isn't it?
    You're like George Foreman, trying to hit Ali on the ropes. Do you have me, or do I have you, right where I want you.

As I said before, Toyota doesn't have a hard time winning comparisons, here and elsewhere.

As you just admitted, Audi cannot compete with Toyota.

You seem to believe the word obsolete is my catchphrase or something. Audi, and the A8, aren't obsolete. They are non-factors. Clutter. Ornamentation. One step ahead of the Repo-Man!

Toyota, and the Tundra, are major factors. Check the press, the specs, the AMCI test, check the e-mails, ads, sweat from the Big 3.

Hard to ignore a better truck, eh? :blush:

Toyota feels like making the best half-ton. Toyota's ads are correct. It is the Truck that changes Everything!

The writing is on the wall.

Question is: Can you read? :confuse:

DrFill
    typical salesman speak here....huh?

may I ask again, since you didn't answer me before...

What do you drive? (not sell, drive). And how did you base your buying decision? Personal experience or job experience? If you weren't a salesman, would you be here posting?

Answer honestly please, or is that impossible for a salesman to do?
    But making sure not to drive the top truck? I practice what I preach.

Why test drive the GM either? Just read about it, buy what someone tells you to buy, have it delivered to your door. Hope you like it for the next 5 years!

I dated my wife before I married here. Dated other girls too.

It's called playing the field. Or learning.

Helps make sound decisions. Not guesswork. There is a difference. Try it sometime! ;)

DrFill
    And a Tacoma.

Want fun in a truck, and a car.

Test drove 2 or 3 competitors of each, then tested 2 or 3 dealers of the intended.

I don't just buy the first thing thrown in front of me. I test drive cars, and dealers. Earn my business.

Not a car salesman, either. Little too honest. ;)

DrFill
    Yeah, but would you date an ugly girl to see if she was the one you wanted to marry? I have been "playing" the field for 24 yrs (since i was able to drive), and my Mrs right has been GM the entire time.
    I told you a while back that I think the Tacoma is best in it's class. Hands down. And this in addition to the Dakota being able to tow more, haul more, and is a bunch more spacious. You see, I can break from the mold, you obviously are JB Welded to yours.

But not the Tundra. Not by a country mile.

You say it's the best truck do to it's extensive list of accolades and comparo wins and the like.

Yet the Silverado has more of all of them. These are facts. Check them for you self. And to boot, back to the comparos, your favorite auto mag put a 4 year old Nissan over the Tundra. I mean how much faith do you hold in these people? Oh, that's right , because they let your LS be a back-door winner in a couple of comparos.

BTW: Didn't Foreman win the title? Something that one truck will never know what it feels like, sorta like Spinks. Oh so close, buy far, far, FAR away...
    Leave him alone already! :mad:

Somebody has to drive the weaker/slower truck, so you'll know when a Tundra is on the scene!

You should really be thanking him. ;)

Now apologize!

Darned if I didn't notice it before. Check out the scoreboard above. Consumer Ratings.....9.4.....

DrFill
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    If you can't discuss the trucks without taking potshots at each other on the way, please don't post any longer. If you want to trash-talk, find another website - it's not gonna happen here.

If we have to close this discussion again, it may not re-open.

kcram - Pickups Host
    Understood
    Let's all be friends and shake.

Deal? No more slapfighting.

DrFill
  • ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    One thing I would like to see from all manufacturers (including Toyota) do is follow GM's example in offering a 100k warranty. Extending the warranty benefits all ;)

On a different but related note, a local Toyota dealer offers an unlimited mileage warranty on all new Toyotas. However, I have yet to check for myself the "fine print."
    Some makers need them, some don't. You won't see a $2k rebate on a Porsche Cayman anytime soon.

Nor will you see all makers lengthen warranties. You do what it takes to make the deal.

Some need to do more. :(

DrFill
    Deal, as long as you stop bashing me, I will stop bashing you.

Now, when you say "Some need to do more", are you implying GM "needs" to do this? Well, maybe they feel they do, but if they weren't confident in their vehicles and were taking a huge risk of losing money, they would NOT have done it. They know they CAN do it, so why not? Bottom line though is most people will not put on 100K miles in 5 yrs. I would rather have seen a 8 yr 100K warranty. But that is a little unrealistic for any mfr. Except Hyundai, but they don't make trucks, which get used harder.

C'mon, let's get this comparo re-fired up again. I want to know real reasons from you Toyota guys on why you think the Tundra is a better truck. Yeah, yeah, I know about the extra 26 hp (5.7 vs 6.0)...and the 0-60 times...blah, blah, blah. Let's talk about realistic everyday stuff.

I'll start:
    1. Rear Locker
    2. OnStar
    3. AutoTrac transfer case (a proven design feature used since 1999)
    4. about a million config options: 3 cab sizes, 3 box sizes, 5 engine choices, 2 interiors, 3.42, 3.73 and 4.10 rear ends.
    5. Rainsense wipers. (no more adjusting intermittent wipers based on rain intensity.)
    6. Heated Washer fluid. (a real treat here in MN)
    7. Interior refinement: No exposed seat brackets in front or rear.
    8. Remote Start, is this available on Tundra?
    9. AFM. Jury is still out on real-world benefits, but it's still worth mentioning.
    10. E85...Ditto, but again, if/when it becomes a viable feature, GM will be that much further ahead of the game as far as refinement of the option.
    11. Overall fuel economy across the line of available engines.
    12. Inferior frame design on Tundra.
    13. HDs are available NOW.
    14. 6 speed trannys are available on a limited basis, much more readily available next year. No, this is not an advantage, but it certainly makes the Tundra's advantage here short-lived.
    11. 6.2 liter has more power and torque, so when comparing "available" engines, Tundra loses. Again, these will be more widely available next year.
    12. Better rear cab access on ext cabs vs DCs.

Not sure about Tundra, but my GMC has more "Bells and Whistles" than I ever even realized. Climate control is very intuitive and automatic. Ditto on the memory seats with easy exit feature. Lane change blinker feature. Yes, I realize these are all "little" things, but they add up and are used on an everyday basis. Unlike 0-60 times. The GM truck is extremely refined and luxurious. Seats are the MOST comfortable seats I have ever sat in. And this includes the Tundra (I sat in the DC, front and back, at the Auto Show). Interior controls are all within easy reach and the steering wheel controls (cruise and audio) are VERY well laid out and easy to use. Much better than even my Chev Impala's.

Now, your turn...
  • ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    jreagan, welcome back. glad to see you again. :surprise:

hint- here's what gave it away- you live in MN, you just joined edmunds 3-13-07, you comment on the owner's forum, you have an Impala and you make the same arguments. ;) :P
    Excuse me?
This discussion has been closed.