Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

How to find a quality salesperson

124»

Comments

• madmanmoomadmanmoo Member Posts: 2,039
    ROFL!!! Nice post.

;)

-Moo
  • 1racefan1racefan Member Posts: 932
    "Do you have football stuff in your car or maybe a bumper sticker or did he just make a good guess?"

He happened to make a random comment about his favorite football team and it went from there.

My point was that when I saw him approaching the car when we first pulled in (before we even stopped), I expected the worst - and even expected I wouldn't be able to deal with a store like this. But, in the end, it was enjoyable.
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    ROFL>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Joel, that is absolutely hilarious. Please, please just copy & paste it into your blog so that more people will see it. My spleen hurts from laughing.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• micosilvermicosilver Member Posts: 212
    One more key phrase:
    Once he's proven he knows nothing about the car you are interested in he has to ask:
    "What can I do to earn your business?"
  • the_big_althe_big_al Member Posts: 1,079
    That's because they all read "Stories From the Frontlines".... which if you read through all the posts that you can pretty much put together what makes a good quality salesman.

If any of the stores that they work at were near me and I was in the market for the brand they sell, I would probably go to their stores over another. Most of the salesman that post over there I would presume have a lot of the things that make up a "quality" salesman.

Of course they are still salesman and still need to make a living so I would expect that they would still do their job and make as much money as possible in each sale ;)
This discussion has been closed.