Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Like or dislike the T100

rick4us2rick4us2 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I've had a T100 for about 6 1\2 years now, been through a wreck with a caddy a blow out with Firestone at 70 on the freeway and she is still going strong. It has alot of guts when needed, 90 going up the 15 to Vegas. Drives like a car power everything, just wish there was more room in the cab. Tows my tent trailer to Wrightwood no problem. Would you say I'm a happy camper?

Comments

• Options
    saddaddysaddaddy Member Posts: 566
    no question about it!
  • Options
    losangelesemtlosangelesemt Member Posts: 279
    but cryptkeeper states that them T100s lack haul, but the T100 was never marketed as a tow-all do-all truck was it. T100 comes with a V-6 standard doesnt it ??? I don't recall too much of the T100 marketing era but I dont believe it to have been pitched as a work horse. The truck may not have been the best that Toyota came out with, but I still see quite a few on the road and they seem to be running smooth as ever.
  • Options
    joeltranejoeltrane Member Posts: 25
    I still like mine!
  • Options
    h0udinih0udini Member Posts: 118
    IS a tow-all do-all truck? What truthteller/sonjaab conveniently doesn't mention is the S-10/Sonoma has always been the most pathetic excuse for a compact truck on the market. Once again, Ford and Toyota stomps GMC.
  • Options
    so does anyone in here who owns one know the towing specs and related numbers ??? Anyone with experience using the truck for work or haulin as truthteller refers to it as ???
  • Options
    sonjaabsonjaab Member Posts: 1,057
    I am NOT teller/rube/libby/farmer
    or whatever name he comes back with
    after he gets banned by the hosts !
    Since some of you are NEW here
    you wouldn't know who teller
    really is ! Go back thru the
    archives.....He has been here
    long before me ! If any of you
    guys have been members of toy
    solutions for a long time you
    would remember him over there
    talkin about rustin and bustin !

BTW: I had less problems with my
    S-10s than I had with my 2 toyotas!
    Never had to replace ANY head gaskets
    in my 4 cyl s10s..But had to in my toys!
    .....geo
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Let's avoid discussing or commenting on each other shall we?

Thanks for your cooperation and participation.

PF Flyer

Host

Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

• Options
    I see some of the GUILTY have deleted
    their nasty posts !!!!!!!
  • Options
    qzs4vbqzs4vb Member Posts: 14
    "What truthteller/sonjaab conveniently doesn't mention is the S-10/Sonoma has always been the most pathetic excuse for a compact truck on the market. Once again, Ford and Toyota stomps GMC."

What you conveniently left out (like you always do because you have none) is the facts that would substantiate your opinion.
  • Options
    We got that truth on them ones bustin and rustin and knockin now, thats for sure! Thats the way of them GM ones now. Folks try to deny this one, but that fact is that fact! Them that work them trucks is lookin for long lastin, shakin free and knockin free ones. We aint chasin after no trendy ones, we is workin them trucks hard! Aint got no time for no truck that be popin head-gaskets and trannies and knockin and rust now. So if folks is askin on likin or dislikin them GM ones, I just be givin them facts on em. Try workin that one on that farm, ya be seein these truths on them ones, but quick! Good luck on this one now!
  • Options
    Why don't you explain how the S-10 is then better than the Tacoma or Ranger which are recognized as the best compact trucks around?
  • Options
    qzs4vbqzs4vb Member Posts: 14
    Idiot,

Thanks for the hard facts.
  • Options
    Again, we have a menage a trois of GM boys in Toyota threads trying to insist their opinions upon us. Get a room already!

Want facts? Don't whine to me, you asked for them:
    1. http://www.consumerreports.org/main/detailv2.jsp?CONTENT<>cnt_id=113417&amp;FOLDER<>folder_id=113261
    2. http://www.hwysafety.org/news_releases/1998/pr051298.htm
    3. http://www.thecarplace.com/lists.htm
  • Options
    Take a trip over to
    www.tundrasolutions.com
    The real TRUTH from actual
    toy owners not magazines !
    NOT my opinion but a FACT.....
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    We've been down this road before and we aren't going here again.

This topic asks a simple question... Like or dislike the T100. It's not a Toyota vs GM topic.

Move on.

PF Flyer

Host

Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

• Options
    natureboy1natureboy1 Member Posts: 55
    and I thought it was a great truck. I have a 2001 Tundra now, and it is without a doubt superior, but that T100 was indeed tough (V6 or not) and super reliable.

My T100 had the 3.0 liter (150 horsepower and 180 ft/lbs torque) and was rated to tow 4500 lbs (this is the bumper rating). The 3.4 liter (190 horses and 220 ft/lbs torque) T100s (95 up) could tow 5200lbs in 2X4 trim and 5000lbs in 4X4 trim...

Somebody asked for specs...
  • Options
    decent numbers for a V-6, 3 liter ya know. Cant wait to get into the new Tundra myself, hopefully the 2003s will have a nice suprise in store.
  • Options
    ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    I was surprised today while on lunch. I sat in my truck watching traffic and noticed 2 T100s (1 reg cab long bed and 1 short bed ext cab)
  • Options
    Ya theres still a few of them out there lol. My captain at the fire station has one ... still bright red as it was when it was new and purrs like a kitten. He says its still running just like the day he bought it over 5 years ago.
  • Options
    tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    I enjoyed my 94 T100. It had the 2.7 4-cylinder. I drove it five years before I got my first Tundra. It had/has plently of haul. I still get to drive it on occasion from my friend that bought it from me. I do miss its gas mileage; 23 in the city and 25 on the highway.

The only reason I had to let it go, is that it would not tow my camping trailer.
  • Options
    davidhaledavidhale Member Posts: 1
    My 95 T100 4x2 SR5 XCab is still ticking along at 89K miles. No problems except the radio has pretty much disintegrated (knobs coming off, CD has died, etc.) and needs to be replaced. It's still a good solid truck that I plan to keep for a good while!!
  • Options
    tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    Replacing the T100 radio is just about the easiest I have ever seen in my history of 13 vehicles. My T100 did not even come with a radio. It did come with the wiring though. I put a Kenwood CD in with Boston speakers. It sounded better than I got now in my 02 Tundra.
  • Options
    xrboyzxrboyz Member Posts: 1
    My truck has 98k miles w/the original brakes. The specs call for the pads to be 10mm mine measured at 7mm. Is the truck underpowered?? it depends. Mine mets my needs which is hauling 3 dirt bikes and a small trailer with a go-kart and the x-tra cab may be small for adults but my 7 and 9 year old have never complained. The truck has been very dependable. So I guess you can say that I am very satisfied with the truck. Tundras are very nice BUT.......mine is paid for.
This discussion has been closed.