Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

1960's Ford Falcons

13»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    yeah, eBay definitely.

Also go to www.hemmings.com and check classifieds under (I think) literature. There are certainly dealers around the country who have this manual.

Last resort--find a Ford or Falcon club...these clubs often reprint factory manuals if there is enough demand. You can also find these clubs through hemmings.com or google.
  • blown62falconblown62falcon Member Posts: 3
    I am selling my pride and joy to pay off some of my medical bills.If anyone is interested, i am selling her for $2500.00
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Hi and welcome to the forums!

Best thing to do here is start your own page on Edmunds' www.carspace.com and show your great little car there. We generally don't allow private phone #s to be posted here since we can't verify them.

Good luck with the sale,

MrShiftright
    Host
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Where are you?

Talk about unique! I see it has the amber turn signal lenses out of a 1963.
    i live in mineral wells texas and the turn signals are original to the car..... :shades:
    Well, I beg to differ.

Amber turn signal lenses came out in 1963. A lot of people switched lenses however.
  • andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,652
    I never noticed the difference in turn signal lenses before. Is it possible that the amber lenses was a mid-year change?

I just noticed something kinda interesting, that I never noticed before. It looks like the turn signal lenses on MOST cars are actually clear, just with an amber bulb. I never really noticed that before. Now side marker lights have amber lenses (at the front at least, but red on the rear quarter panel), but the turn signals on the front of the car are actually clear.
    1963 was the year they went to amber lenses although just a few cars used clear lenses and amber bulbs back then.

I'm thinking, that Falcon would make a FINE addition to your fleet! :)
  • andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,652
    Were those amber lenses a short-lived trend from around 1963, then? My '67 Catalina has clear turn signal lenses, as does my '68 Dart. Even newer cars like my '76 LeMans, '79 NYer, and even '85 Silverado have clear lenses with the amber bulb. On my Intrepid it's just one big combination unit, with the turn signal bulb itself being amber, but then the outer part of the headlight unit having reflective amber on it to pass off as the side market.

I think my '69 Bonneville might have had amber lenses though.

That Falcon's cute, but too small for my tastes. Plus, I've always been afraid of them because of those "drop in" gas tanks.
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    Hmmm! My 1968 Buick Special Deluxe had the clear lenses with an amber bulb. My 1988 Buick Park Avenue is also configured this way.
    Amber lenses or amber bulbs.
    ok i beg to differ...if you remember back in the day if you could not tell the year of the car just by looking at it or you were not sure... thats when you look at the tail light or turn signal lens and it would give you the year. gee my len's are dated '62...front turn signal lens and rear tail lights....
    Was not always accurate.

1962 falcons came with clear lenses from the factory but a lot of people switched them out. They were probably MADE in 1962 however, hence the date.
  • okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    i have'nt thought about the old ford for years that's what i love about this carspace factory 289 hp 4 speed car roll and pleat interior all factory weak point rearend 14in.75 series tires was the best you could do without old school shackles haha wicked 2nd gear will post photo
  • ffalcon62ffalcon62 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 1962 ford falcon 4 door sedan...daiy driver 2 speed fordomatic 2.8 liter 170 cu. in. special for sale....am located in dallas area i am currently replacing fuel pump and have replaced carb, solenoid, voltage reg., also adjusted brakes and recently regreased circs. coil and fuel filter replaced (inline and carb filter) whole engine rebuilt about 6 six years ago...due to some family trouble i am forced to sell looking for $5000 i would say interior 8 out of 10 (original) engine, trans and structure is about 7 out of 10 and improving and body is also about an 8 out of 10...the body is solid small rust bubbles and the paint is scratched around places its enamel rust oleum i believe nothing wrong with it but its always better if interested please reply....we will go from there
    Hi and welcome to the Forums.

We don't allow classifieds ads in our Forums, so I'd suggest that you try one of our partners like www.autotrader.com. I believe they have a special 'classic' car section. Also your local Dallas craigslist would be a good place to advertise.

I'll remove your ad in a couple of days after you read this. Please feel free to join us for discussions about your car or any of the other topics that might interest you here.

thank you,

MrShiftright
    Host
    Carspace Forums
  • constanceloveconstancelove Member Posts: 21
    I still own my 63 Ford Falcon Futura. It was the first car I actually purchased myself when I was 17. It is not currently running because I took out the gas tank and never finished that project. Need to re-line original one or purchase the newer plastic-type. It is a 4-speed shift on the floor. Also, a convertible. No restoration work has ever been done on the body. Only a new top years ago and a few lousy paint jobs even longer ago. Hoping to get inerested in working on it one day - busy taking care of aging mom on weekends and working two day-time jobs many days. Some day it will get some attention. Garage kept. Not parting with it. Too cute. Bought it in 1970 - it had 93,000 miles when I purchased it. Car lives in northern Delaware in a garage - taking up space!
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    Does it have the 170 cid with the Dagenham tranny?
    Wish I knew more about it. The transmission is original - I do know that. And very sloppy. When I did drive it a few years back, occasionally, it would get stuck in gear, the gearshift lever would come away from (where it was supposed to be!), and it took a while to get it straightened out. Would like to know how to know what kind of transmission it does have. I am not a mechanic, however, I do lots of mechanical work on my cars - and some on that one - with help of a friend (both of us do-it-your-selfers - self taught). The engine block was replaced in the 80's - and unfortunately I did not save the original - at the time I did not know how important that would be one day to have. Am so sorry I did not know better at the time. I think the engine was referred to as a 165 or 265 something. Can't remember. Would have to talk to friend (sleeping now). I think I looked up some information long time ago that said that about 500 cars were made like mine. Can't remember where I even got that info and whether or not it is actual. Maybe something on the door panel. I do have the actual manual that came with it - that was pretty cool that I did not lose track of that.
    Sounds like a fun car. I had a '65 Mustang with a 170 6-cyl and the 4-sp. Is yours a 6-cly or v-8?
  • okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    i don't still have mine but it was a v8 4 speed car and i have a pic of it at my page i realy miss it. :cry:
    It is a 6 cylinder. Is that normal or weird. I THINK many people thought it was 8 cylinder since it was a four-speed. Not sure, but I think I remember that from past conversations.
    That is sad you got rid of and you miss it. I know that would happen to me - that is why I am not getting rid of it - my kids can fight over it! How long was it your's?
    Did you buy it new?
    I don't know what the numbers were, but I would guess there were more 6s than V8s, and for the 6s, more 3 spd than 4 spd transmissions. I think the only 4 speed would be the "Dagenham", named for the town in England where it was made. From a web site: "Dagenham's four speed transmission built for Ford Motor Company came equiped in early to mid-60s Falcon, Comet, Fairlane and Mustang models powered by standard 170 or 200cid, six cylinder engines. They were manufactured in England."
  • hymeshymes Member Posts: 4
    I remember a pickup in 1963 year with a 223. Also, the 240 was a standard pickup engine for years? Had one in a 66 van. Don't know anything about these motors in cars. The early 144 was solid lifters, and the much better 170 was just an increase in displacement and hydraulic lifters. I'm fairly certain that is right. I thought the 200 was just another size bump with internal mods.
  • chris_1965chris_1965 Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought a 65 falcon 2 door and I was wondering if anyone new where I can find a set of front drop springs? I want to lower the whole car 1-2 inches, the right way, I know all the old school tricks for lowering the front end but I would rather do it the right way and the safe way.Any help would be great. Thanks
    You should look at a Mustang parts catalog. I bet they are the same.
This discussion has been closed.