Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Midsize Convertible

SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
A chop-top 2-door, what a looker!

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2004/chrysler/ptcruiser/2drconvertible/preview.html

Spring 2004 is a long time to wait, but looks to be worth it.

Comments

• nfl2nfl2 Member Posts: 22
    I think it is going to be a real winner, but what is it going to cost?
  • tac4tac4 Member Posts: 1
    I own a Sebring soft top & love it. The PT should be pretty cool. I think its amazing that GM does not have a mid-sized convertible in its line up.
  • parkhillparkhill Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the 2.4 Turbo motor will be offered in the convertible? Also, does the Turbo motor need premium gas? I'm also surprised at how low the Cruisers are rated city/highway mileage. It's the same as a Grand Caravan with a 3.8. Go figure!
  • crkeehncrkeehn Member Posts: 513
    I'm not aware that Chrysler has revealed the specs for the convertible yet. Certainly the turbo would probably be the ideal choice for what would be the high end of the line.

As far as the gas mileage is concerned, the PT Cruiser is one heavy beast and is about as aerodynamic as a brick. It should however meet or exceed the EPA rating.
  • jdreggorsjdreggors Member Posts: 14
    If the convertible comes with the turbo engine -and- it is the same engine as the 2003 PT GT, the owner's manual states 91 octane is recommended for optimal performance.
  • fndlyfmrflyrfndlyfmrflyr Member Posts: 668
    After driving a PT GT for four thousand miles I hope the turbo is the standard engine. MPG stinks for a little car, but isn't terrible. This is the first car I've had in a long time that seems to be "breaking in" in that mpg has been getting steadily better will increasing miles on the engine.
    Started out at about 14 in town and 21 on the highway - averaged about 16.5 for the first 2000 miles. Now getting almost 16 in town and almost 25 on the highway - 19.5 for the last 2000 miles.
  • alladinalladin Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any new information from Chrysler as far as when the PT Cruiser Convertible will go on sale? We know that the target date for release is the spring of 2004, but isn't it possible that this car will go on sale as early as the fall of 2003?
  • tpahu001tpahu001 Member Posts: 1
    does anyone have any clue as to when the convertible pt cruiser comes out? i dont know why chrysler doesn't think it would seel. when the cruiser came out i wanted one but then i saw the convertible and i'm holding out until it comes out. hopefully it would be soon, dont want to settle for something else and then they decide to put the convertible out there on the market.
  • charlesf1charlesf1 Member Posts: 52
    Has anyone heard what changes are coming for the 2004 Cruiser? Any interior, exterior or paint colors, etc.?
  • tiggerloni1tiggerloni1 Member Posts: 1
    Does Anyone know what price range the is car if going to be in?
  • libertycatlibertycat Member Posts: 593
  • cwalker80cwalker80 Member Posts: 2

Crystaljoywalker@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.