Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Frontier Open Sky

SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
edited March 2014 in Nissan
Fall of 2002 will be an exciting time for truck buyer's looking for some sport & fun. Nissan brings to the market two models of the Frontier Open Sky (makes you think of 1960's beach movies!)

Comments

• Options
    moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    No Open Sky yet and 2002 is nearly over.
  • Options
    ?
  • Options
    instantyiddishinstantyiddish Member Posts: 1
    After looking at pics on Edmunds, I'm convinced this new idea for a soft top convertible needs a lot of work. They need to re-think this design. Seems it would be better with a full sunroof instead of this cheap "retractable" canvas number.
  • Options
    Nissan still does not have a release date for the Frontier Open Sky more than a year after it was first announced. Will it ever be offered?
  • Options
    gsxrter1994gsxrter1994 Member Posts: 24
    Open sky option has been cancelled i found out last week sorry if you wanted one
  • Options
    p100p100 Member Posts: 1,116
    Chrysler produced several thousand of Dodge Dakota ragtop pickups in the late eighties or early nineties. Apparently this production test run was a failure because Chrysler never produced any more of them.

Maybe Nissan looked at their lessons learned and decided this was not worth pursuing.
  • Options
    bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    the concept was just that...a concept...only about 5 % of all concept vehicles ever get to production, so dont hold your breath.
  • Options
    Nissan had the Open Sky Option in the regular brochure, had it listed as an option on the Nissan website and had announced an availability date. Not quite the same as a "concept".
    Glad I did not wait for it to appear and purchased a Toyota Tacoma with sunroof.
This discussion has been closed.