Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Canyon

Comments

• temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    Today, I remembered your post. I looked in the passenger side mirror and I have the same thing. How much engineering does it take to line up a bed. Good grief, can't they get anything right.
  • leadfoot4leadfoot4 Member Posts: 593
    I finally had an opportunity to take a good look at the alignment between my cab and bed yesterday. I would say that the right side was out further than the left by maybe 1/16 to 3/32 of an inch. Not much, however since I had some time, I thought that I'd try to get it a little better.

I went under the truck and loosened the 4 large bolts that secure the bed to the frame, as well as the 4 screws that secure the "struts" that support the lower side of the bed. After that, try as hard as I could, the bed wouldn't move. How did you get it to move ??
  • don86don86 Member Posts: 2
    Get an occassional rattle in my new GMC Canyon sounds like it is from the L/R wheel well, a plastic rattling sound -Dealer could not locate
    Just had passengers in back seat crew cab rattle was not stop - one of my passengers was a auto mechanic he thinks it may becoming from within the fuel tank which is plastic and directly under rear seats, any ideas? I want to bring back to dealer with as much info as possible. Thanks
  • pmtpmt Member Posts: 2
    I got a 05 Canyon about a 3 weeks ago I got major shimmeying and shakening going on at highway speeds took back to the dealer they found two front tires out of spec ballanced and now the trucks shimmeys around town as well as highway speeds compared to this the interoier wind noise is not such a problem has anyone had the same problem? I dont think the generl tires are going to hold up well eith all the vibriation going on :lemon:
  • gjmcgjmc Member Posts: 5
    There are supposed to be 8 bolts that hold the bed on according to my factory service manual but I only found 6. The other two could be hidden up behind the fender well [??]. Irregardless, the front ones are up about 6 inches from the bottom of the body under the gas filler flap and directly across from there on the passenger side. There are two more - one on each side of the frame rail in behind the rear tire. They are all 17mm. I loosened all 6 and the bed slid right over to where it stuck out 1/8-1/4 on the drivers side. I then slid it back to where it's centered and tightened the 6 bolts back up. Bare in mind that this doesn't make a cadillac out of a pick-up, but I had an absolute roar going into the wind on that passenger side that is simply gone now. I have to get a cross wind gust to hear wind noise now and I think some extensions on the flow-thru vent exits might well cure that. Good luck.
    The General tires have turned out to be a real "achilles heel" with the Colorado/Canyons. GM is taking a lot of heat over using these tires. Mine were junk, and I replaced them with Bridgstone snow tires for the winter, and 16" Firestone Destination LEs for the summer. Makes it a completely different truck.

I'm sorry that I didn't research the tire situation a little better before I bought the snow tires, but I bought the truck in the middle of winter(rebates, and all...), so I had to put something on to deal with the snow. I'm now thinking of "E-Baying" the 15" snow tires and OE wheels and getting some 16" snow tires.
    gjmc, I was wondering if you could clarify something for me. When you say that the service manual says that 8 bolts are holding the bed on, do you mean 4 "large" and 4 "small" bolts?

I easily found the 4 17mm headed bolts you referred to, 2 near the cab, and two back alongside the spare tire. I also found the 4 smaller, Torx headed bolts that hold the "struts" from either the frame or box channels, to the lower edges of the bed. I loosened all of them(total of 8), but to no avail.

Did I miss something else that you loosened up? Thanks........
  • pmtpmt Member Posts: 2
    leadfoot is right I had my new truck in the dealers shop for two days while they took a set of general tires off another truck and tried them on my truck and my problem just got worst finnaly they put on a nice set of 15 inch Goodyear RT/S M+S and it makes it like a new truck should be. I know what you mean about e-baying old tires I got a pair of 15 inch studded cooper snows on OE rims that fit my 02 Sonoma that I need to get ride of I am think of moveing to the deserd :)
  • gjmcgjmc Member Posts: 5
    Nope, just 4 large on each side. Like I said, though, I could only find 6 - 3 on each side. I loosened them quite a bit and the bed literally slid right over to where it was sticking out too far on the drivers side. I've still got some work to do though. The driving "into the wind" roar is gone but heavy cross winds over the last couple of weeks has exposed there's still too much wind noise for my liking. I think perhaps some extensions on those flow thru vents in behind the cab may help. Again, there were no smaller bolts involved. Just the one set in front of the rear tire and the two sets in behind. Too move it, I removed my shoes, placed my back against the garage wall, and used my stocking feet at the bottom of the front of the bed. I think mine moved a good 3/8 or more. Good luck.
  • wildeman3wildeman3 Member Posts: 3
    I had the noise, found your post on the crooked box, straightened my box and the noise went away. Thanks! I took it to GMC once, that was enough to encourage me to find the solution myself and thanks to your post it didn't take long.
    I just want to know how you discovered that it was the alignment of the box?

martin
  • duncan95duncan95 Member Posts: 6
    Hi.
    Picked up my ’05 Canyon a few weeks ago. Almost couldn’t drive it home on the Parkway because it shook so bad. It’s an Extended cab 4x4 Z85 w/IL5 and Auto trans.
    Took it back to the dealer. They did a tire balance and it was “fixed”…well, not really. Took it back the next day and they said they recalibrated their tire balance machine and found it was out of spec and thus they had improperly balanced the tires the first time. All fixed now…well, not really. At low speed it’s ok. Above 65 it’s ok, but at around 55 there is a real shimmy in the seat and floor boards. Steering is fine. Has the OEM tires-P235/75R15 Generals on it. Really like the little bugger, but this shimmy is real annoying. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Member Posts: 2,228
    It's the tires. They are known for shimmy problems. I would press them to replace it with a better tire or if you have the money and don't want the hassle, just buy some new tires. Everyone that has done so has claimed its a totally different truck with the new tires. They say it rides as smooth as glass.

My 05 Colorado extended cab also shimmies between 50-60 mph but its not near as bad as yours so I'm just going to live with it.
    Thanks. I kind of came to that conclusion myself. OK, I'll give them one more shot at it, then it's 3 strikes and Lemon Law in NJ. I'll post a follow up later next week as I have a date with a hospital for some Cardio work on Tuesday and might be laid up a day or two. Thanks again.
    You would try to lemon law for the tires?? Thats silly, not to mention highly unlikely that they would approve it. Why go through that hassle? Just ask for new tires. If they refuse, buy some new tires and save yourself the stress and aggravation. I'm sure a doctor could afford a few hundred bucks in tires. In all honesty though, the tires are covered under the tire manufacturer's warranty, not GMC's, so your dealer may just refer you to a local tire shop. And that shop would just try to replace the crappy Generals with equally crappy Generals. Your best bet since your truck is so new is to just trade in the tires for credit towards better ones.
    Like another guy said on here, it is those cheap general tires. They aren't worth crap. I had an F150 that came with those and they could never straighten them out. I took the truck to a Bridgestone dealer and bought a new set. I posted the others, wheels and all, in the paper and sold them.
    I tried the trade in with the Bridgestone dealer and he wouldn't have the things.
  • grandcanyongrandcanyon Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to say Hi. I've got an '04 crew cab 4x4 with the 5-cylinder in Fire Red. Leather and 6-disc changer were extras. I purchased my baby new in May of '04 and now have 21K miles and change. This is my first truck and my first new vehicle. I've been extremely happy with it so far. I usually start by telling people, when they ask about it, that I could be a salesman for the Canyon.
    The fuel mileage has increased lately, which is nice, to around 22mpg per tank, and the power of the 3500 is adequate for everything I've come across so far, including towing my bike. I don't understand people's issues with the interior. It's a truck, for crying out loud, not a luxury car. I think it's simple, functional (for the most part), and attractive.
    I've only had a couple issues with my Canyon experience so far, mostly nitpicky things: the fuel gauge sucks, for one thing. I've been averaging about a 380-mile range lately, but after almost 220 miles, the fuel gauge still reads half-full. The HVAC system could use some work, too. It's virtually impossible to get cool air out of the vents unless you turn the A/C on. The four-speed tranny is a disappointment, but only because it's a four-speed instead of five. It could REALLY use an extra gear, and a tow/haul button wouldn't hurt.
    The only thing I've added to the truck so far is a billet grille cover, like the ones on the Denali line (looks so nice!), but I'm getting the bed sprayed at the end of this month, and a lift kit with new wheels and tires should come in the spring. Exhaust and a K&N AirCharger sometime after that.
    Well, I'll go away now. Nobody asked me to tell them my truck's entire life story, but thanks for letting me share. Later
  • wildeman3wildeman3 Member Posts: 3
    I have noticed that if my truck sits in the garage for a couple of days there will be a shimmy (flat spots) from the tires. it usually works itself out after a mile or two.
    I did initially drive a Colorado that had a huge shimmy in it, i assumed that the tires were unbalanced, the gmc didn't have the shake so i bought it.
    Let me guess. You have General tires. Enough said; they are crap.
  • joe3891joe3891 Member Posts: 759
    Many years ago nylon tires would do that, are they back? :)
  • ssakonyissakonyi Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a '05 Canyon w/Z85 suspension. I like the way it rides, but like the overall height of the Z71. Considering buying factory OEM wheels off a Z71 with 265/75/15 tires. Will this work? How much wider will they seem, especially with small flares? How much height will I gain? Any other ideas?
  • ssakonyissakonyi Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a '05 Canyon w/Z85 suspension. I like the way it rides, but like the overall height of the Z71. Considering buying factory OEM wheels off a Z71 with 265/75/15 tires. Will this work? How much wider will they seem, especially with small flares? How much height will I gain? Any other ideas?
    Hmm... and what makes you think I am a doctor. I'm not. I'm a plain old working soul like most of the population.
    As for "unlikely"....well, I don't know where you live, but NJ does have one of the toughest laws in the country, and they do follow through on it. But, it's all a moot point. I spoke with the General Sales Manager (and I did not mention Lemon Law) and he is more than willing to put any kind of tires on the truck I'd like to have. Also, I'd like to give the dealearship a large pat on the back for helping me with another problem.
    Last year, the former Gov of NJ decided that ANY NEW REG MUST BE FOR 4 YEARS. I'm my case, that would come to about $360. Well, we thought we could just transfer my old plates. WRONG! NJ has decided that you CAN NOT transfer "station wagon" (SUV) plates to a PickUp. NOPE! So when I stopped in to pick up the reg the woman at the cashiers desk asked for $353.65. I said to hold on, and that's when I had my conversation with the GSM. He went in, got the new plates and reg, had a salesman remove the old plates, put on the new ones and gave me the reg. Then he wrote off the cost.
    So... I get a 4 year reg for the original cost to transfer and he's gonna replace the tires with what I want. No yelling, no hassle, no threats etc. Now THIS is the kind of GM dealer they should all be like. He just wants a happy customer. :)
    Oopps....I reread your post and realized I misinterpreted what you were saying. Your remark about going in for cardio work sounded like you were the doctor but then when I reread it, I realized you were the patient. Sorry about that, LOL. Hope things went well :blush:

I'm glad your dealer is willing to work with you. I was just preparing you for denial with the lemon law. Many people think it can be used for any little problem, but something has to be legitimately wrong with your car and it has to be determined to be hazardous to your safety for you to be able to use it. They would see that the problem is the tires and not the truck itself, so they would suggest the manufacturer give you new tires and see if that solves it. Only if it didn't would you be able to get anywhere. So, since the General tires are known to be the problem, I was trying to save you time by suggesting different ways of getting new tires.
    HAHAH!! Yup - I was the one on the table. Happy to say that despite the previous tests showing I had major problems, the Cardiac Catheterization showed all to be very normal with almost no blockage. So, I'm a very happy 57 year old !
    I understand what you were saying about the lemon law. Now I just have to get back there and get the tires changed.
    I've been doing some research at The Tire Rack and I'm not certian as to which would be best for me.
    Anyone have any suggestions??
    :confuse:
  • chinntchinnt Member Posts: 2
    Hey all...

I just took delivery on a regular cab Canyon (Z85 suspension, 2WD) SLE 5cyl...and enjoying it so far...I've been reading about how the tires are pretty bad and notice myself that I wished it handled a little better (I don't expect a sports car). I don't want to change the overall height of the vehicle, just want to tighten up the handling a bit. Would you suggest a larger rim (16") and 60s or some other combination?...I've got the Canyon mainly to commute so there's no off-road here, but would like to be able to drive around the bay area without feeling tossed around inside the cab....

thanks for any advice....

TC
  • rosalvinrosalvin Member Posts: 1
    I have 05 canyon 2wd 4 cyl w. 5 speed. my major beef is 17 mpg average fuel mileage, vibration on smooth roads at 47 to 54 mph even after the generals were replaced with michelins, touchy brakes on damp mornings, and newest problem at 7 months old and 4500 miles is engine noise when 1st started in morning for 2 seconds. dealer is currently working on this after replacing main bearing thrust bearing and in process of replacing oil pressure relief valve as well as timing chain tensioners. If GMC continues like this, I expect they may be bought out by Toyota or Nissan in the future. Why can't GMC get it right. I also have a 2001 Sierra with no problems and traded an 03 Ranger that averaged 24 MPG in on the Canyon cause I wanted the larger cab. My next step is to try getting GMC to buy this one
    back
  • bburkertbburkert Member Posts: 1
    Yes iam I have a problem with my transmission, sometimes it slams really hard into 2nd gear and some times it feels like it stalls out when it shifts. It seems to do it when i go into a turn from a dead stop. Has anyone else had this problem i can't seem to get the dealer to decide it has a problem . Also does anybody hear a growling noise going from there dash at slow take offs. It drive me crazy
  • kagz71kagz71 Member Posts: 12
    Hey, I do not have one, but my dad does, an 04 Z71 4X4 Crew Cab. When riding in it the other day I asked him, why it felt like it was slamming into second gear and he said "thats because it is!" He told me that the local dealer told him no one else has complained and they don't see a problem, what a suprise, I have always owned GM but as of late I'm thinking that might change with my next purchase, too bad that is about 3 years off...HA

-KAG
  • brendakaybrendakay Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,

We purchased a GMC Canyon in May '05. Have been happy with it so far, however (I hate "however's"!) over the weekend I started noticing that my front tires would squeal just turning from street to street. If I dont take the corner too tight, its okay. I assume this can also be blamed on the tires? (I have read all previous posts). I noticed from the beginning turning sharp felt tight and the vehicle would actually slow to about nothing - but the squealing is new.

Some of the other problems posted have me wondering if we should unload before anything "new" pops up!! Your opinions are much appreciated, Thanks!
  • brendakaybrendakay Member Posts: 2
    I posted yesterday about front tires squealing when turning corners... Mentioned it to my husband last night and he said "Check to make sure your not in four wheel drive - that button is easy to hit and then not notice you hit it ..."

Alas - I have been driving in 4 wheel drive for a couple of days. My husband had used the flashers on Saturday and must have hit the button by accident. Maybe GMC should make that feature a little harder to get at! Oh well - at least I didn't take it to the dealership! Still think the tires don't do justice to the vehicle though.
  • h0merjh0merj Member Posts: 1
    I had the wind noise issue too. Bought an '05 Canyon Z71 ext. cab, and didn't think much of the noise (moderate at highway speeds) until I read this thread. Lo and behold, upon further examination, the cargo box was shifted nearly 3/8" to the passenger side. This really shows poor fit-and-finish. I emailed the dealership about the issue along with brake rotor warpage I began feeling at 2600 miles. They were eager to fix this ASAP. They took care of the problem in less than a day, and I can't believe how much difference the offset of the cargo box made in the amount of wind noise!

There are about 10 Colorados in the vehicle fleet where I work. Most are crew cab; some I have noticed having their beds offset in the same manner. I can't get over how plant assembly lets this go. I was in favor for replacing my Nissan PU with another Nissan prior to purchasing this truck, but the GM incentives reeled me in. This is the first new domestic vehicle I have ever purchased, and this left me guessing about whether or not I should have chose Nissan instead.

My local dealership's concern, service, and attitude helped convince me that my opinion and experience about GM should be a good one. Thanks to Greiner GM for their top-notch service.
    I bought mine in June and after reading the posts on here looked a mine and lo and behold the same thing. I have not had it fixed. This kind of crap is what is killing General Motors. That and the cheap tires they put on most of their vehicles.
  • roadrunner1722roadrunner1722 Member Posts: 1
    I got a 4 cyl. 4X2 crew cab in early Aug. So far everything is fine & I'm real pleased with it. No wind noise, no offset box, transmission slamming, etc. The larger tank had me worried about the fuel I was using, but measurement showed me that I'm getting about 20mpg; about the same as I got with the 00 Sonoma xcab 4cyl 4X2 it replaced.

One difference I noticed was the feeling of a higher CG than the sonoma; I'm still not used to that. The 2.8 seems to have more power than the 2.2, which is pleasing.

Does anyone here have any experience with mods that might improve gas milage a little more, without killing the power? I know it's early for the aftermarket engineers, but has anyone heard of anything yet?
  • exgmcexgmc Member Posts: 5
    I feel your pain,
    I was a recent owner of a 2004 GMC Canyon and hated that truck. I thought it looked like a cool truck, but between the touchy brakes ( that they can't fix) the squeaks and wind noise I had enough. I had the inline 5 cyl which never sounded right from day one with its whiney engine noise. With the sloppy drive train on this 2 wheel drive truck was down right embarassing. After GMC offered me 3 years of free oil changes to shut me up, it was time to trade it in for my 2005 4 x4 Toyota Tacoma. I am glad I got out of that rag before it did to me what it is doing to you. Toyota's truck of the year , what a machine.

Rick
  • cappy3cappy3 Member Posts: 1
    I noticed the same thing with my tires. I just took it in for the first inspection. To my mechanic, not the dealer, and found that the front tires were worn out after only 13,000 miles.
  • 22west22west Member Posts: 1
    I have an 05 Canyon Extended Cab and I'm considering buying a bed cap. I've looked at Leer and A.R.E. and other than price, which is fairly close, I can't really tell which is the better product. Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful.
  • ocmike3ocmike3 Member Posts: 232
    Haven't seen the A.R.E. but I looked at Leer and a couple of others. I decided on a LoRider - it was less money, not quite as nice as the Leer, but just as secure and came with upgraded lifts. It's about 75 lbs. which I believe was 15-25 lbs lighter than the Leer.
  • jbf7099jbf7099 Member Posts: 1
    MY 2004 CREW CAB IS HAVING ITS ENGINE REPLACED AT 20,000(5-CYL) :mad: . After replace all of my valves, then the cylinder head, they decided to replace the engine. GM TECHS TOLD MY MECHANIC AT THE DEALERSHIP TO REBUILD THE ENGINE, BUT HE REFUSED BECAUSE HE HAS SEEN THIS PROBLEM BEFORE AND FEEL THE LOWER HALF OF THESE ENGINES IS FAULTY. Everybody at GM has been very helpful, but this shouldnt happen in the first place. So now they are putting in a 2006 engine which is supposed to have been redesigned to cure these problems.
    To quote my father in law, an avid Ford fan, "Thats what you get for buying a Chevy". Maybe he's right......

:lemon: ?????? Hopefully not.
  • ocmike3ocmike3 Member Posts: 232
    Sorry to hear your problem - my 2004 Crew Cab 4WD w/I5 has been very reliable with no engine or tranny issues and I am almost 22k miles. The only issue I have had is a fan switch resistor that blew (had off & high only). Its my daily driver.
  • tonyrettonyret Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2005 Canyon same as your. Just courious. did you buy bigger tires?. appreciate any info. corrected a queak had under L/S driver side. Parking brake cable was rubbing on frame. lossen clamp and reposition. cable queak is gone.
  • vernhvernh Member Posts: 1
    2005 crew cab 4wd w/I5, how much weight can I put on the taigate, I have a honda 650 ATV that I put into the pick-up box, fits between the wheel wells, back tires sit on the center of the tailgate. honda weight is 600# assumed half the weight is on the tailgate, 300#
  • meliaantmeliaant Member Posts: 6
    Hey, I have a 2005 Canyon Z85 4x4 Crew Cab, does it come pre-wired for towing??? Sometimes trucks have the wiring all the way to the bumper, and you have to "finish" it with a female receiver...also, any aftermarket fog lights that fit in the cut-outs in front, or am i stuck paying 300+ for factory??? thanks!
  • meliaantmeliaant Member Posts: 6
    Another quick question...it says in the manual i cant leave it in 4wd for a long time on dry pavement...but on snowy roads, how long can it stay in 4wd, only for a short time while i regain traction, or for the duration of a moderate length drive??? just curious...
  • satiresatire Member Posts: 71
    Unless you really have to have a bed cap, look at a Roll-n-Lock. Best damn thing I ever put on a truck. Love it. http://www.rollnlock.com/
  • wazu77wazu77 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Canyon 4x4 Z71 pkge. I used to have a 2001 Sonoma ZR 2 Highrider. Does anyone know if there is a lift kit available for the Canyon or if there is any other way to raise the height?
  • travelnjantravelnjan Member Posts: 1
    Have been watching the discussions here on '05 & '04, but nothing much said on the '06 Canyons. Looking to order '06 Crew Cab 4x4 LOADED leather SLT 4SA pkg. Does anyone know if many improvements have been made to the '06 model year? From what I have read, most are not too pleased w/ '05 and the tires are not good w/ '05. Comments surely appreciated! ;)
  • chevylover1965chevylover1965 Member Posts: 2
    I have had my Canyon Crew Cab 4x4 in to the dealer 5 times for a/c problems. The temperature of the air cycles between warm and cold every 15 seconds. The bottom line is it won't cool the cab. There are posts here and on other owner sites that complain about the same problem. GM has known about this problem for over a year (but won't admit it)and they currently do NOT have a fix. My dealer has road tested all of their new Canyons (2006)and they are all doing the same thing. This a/c system is unlike any other a/c offered before by GM. I think that since GM is bleeding so much red ink, they are reluctant to fix probems that might cost a considerable amount of money. :mad:
  • alaskamudbugalaskamudbug Member Posts: 1
    Poor GM...it seems like everytime they try to get back in the game, someone comes along and makes them eat dirt again. I don't care about how good a Hyundai's gas mileage is, or how amazingly stout a Toyota is. GM is an American icon, and I have owned three of them happily. I do currently own a 2005 Canyon Extended Cab SLE and it is my daily driver. It has already been through -35 below and cruised right along without so much as a whimper. I was toasty warm in the cab and didn't have my ear pressed to the grille listening for any "strange" noises.
    What's with the stir about engines, anyway? You've got a very capable I5 that scoots that truck and I'm not watching my gas gauge drop while I'm idling in the driveway like my V6 did. I'm not impressed going through a 1/4 tank of gas a day and can now say that my Canyon will get me through a week and a half on a tank, sometimes 2 weeks. These folks that bemoan the lack of power in these trucks must want to pay hundreds of dollars a month to keep their big rumbling V8s on the road. Smaller engines have come a long way with fuel efficiency PLUS horsepower. It's only going to get better! I know during the summer my Canyon was a happy puppy at 65 mph, maybe not the posted speed limit in the certain area, but it still felt good at that speed.
    This truck is a great improvement over the jaded S10/Sonoma series. A roomier interior, way improved looks, and the GMC version has a certain presence when it's on the road that the Chevy version strangely lacks...I'm not sure what it is. Oh, yeah, and these trucks actually have some clearance under them! So now my truck may be able to do some wheeling one day without gutting itself. My future plans for this pickup is putting a small lift on it (3") and some tready tires and (naturally!) a Warn winch so I may pull out those less fortunate to drive a nice 4x4, and I think that may be it. I like this truck's styling so much I don't want to go bonkers with accessories.
    If you're looking for a truck that can tow a 5th wheel, get a full-size. Don't whine about the Canyon's shortcomings in towing; these trucks are designed for the individual who wants a pickup that can haul a toy in the back, the weekend project materials, or a pop-up trailer. For me, this pickup hauls the trash and water for my cabin. I am an exceedingly happy owner of this truck, everything from the purchasing of it to just this morning of driving it to work. Excellent road manners for a truck. GM, you did good, and I wish you a stellar comeback because you will always have a loyal customer with me!
    "See the U.S.A. in your Chevrolet!" ;)

P.S. Never had any problems with the A/C in mine, but, I only get to use my A/C maybe for a week out of the year. After all, Alaska isn't known for sweltering temperatures except for a few months! Besides, I have no problem rolling down windows! :P
  • fatboy23fatboy23 Member Posts: 8
    I have a 2005 4x4 SLE OFF ROAD pkg, w tow kit, with about 13,000 miles. No problems at all, tires have been ok, bed is straight.

I put a rollbak bed cover on and I like that a lot. ($750). I also have a bug shield and roll-on bed liner.

I am considering a cold-air kit, new rims and tires in a couple of years.
This discussion has been closed.