Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX

Comments

• flyndriveflyndrive Member Posts: 2
    I believe the drive-by-wire is not a new 2006 feature, it is on the 2005.
  • frisbeenutfrisbeenut Member Posts: 7
    Actually I think the throttle was drive-by-wire since the first model year 2004.
  • johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    Indeed it was, much to the chagrin of many TSX drivers.
  • delmar1delmar1 Member Posts: 744
    'Chagrin'? I find the drive by wire to be excellent. Also...by having the pedal to be 'digital' and not 'mechanical', it allows the various electronics and computers to make the car all that much safer. Allows the 'VSC' stability control systems to perhaps one day save your life.
  • frisbeenutfrisbeenut Member Posts: 7
    Generally I like its responsiveness, but a slow creep in traffic while in first on a bumpy road you better put the clutch in a bit or it can get a bit touchy. Hope they use high quality components in it though as I would hate the gas pedal to get stuck wide open when you least expect it.
    Yes, chagrin. Delmar, you have your opinion and I have mine. I frequent TSX enthusiast sites, and meet with fellow TSXers on a regular basis, and believe me there are far more complaints against DBW than favorable comments for.

Overly touchy throttle tip-in and throttle lag are frequent complaints. I crave a return to throttle linkage, or at least a substantial improvement to DBW.

If you prefer to have electronic nannies determine the best course of action in your driving, fine. I like to make my own choices.

I don't see the TSX listed in your profile. Do you even own one?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Please keep in mind that there is no requirement that folks own a vehicle in order to participate in a discussion about it ...
    First...I was not questioning your opinion and very surprised by your reaction. I was only sharing my personal experience and stating the engineering advancement in terms of its linkage to the vehicle's safety.

You assumed I do not own a TSX as you indicated: "I don't see the TSX listed in your profile. Do you even own one?" .

Thanks for your interest in my profile. My wife and I own a 2005 TSX in Carbon Grey/Quartz to compliment my 2005 TL and 2004 BMW 7series. Profiles on this site only allow for two cars to be listed. Also...even if I did not own one, I could have driven a drive by wire system...which btw is included in the TL and other car.

You also stated: If you prefer to have electronic nannies determine the best course of action in your driving, fine. I like to make my own choices.

Each driver have their own opinions based upon past experiences and driving ability. Some may not like or able to adapt to certain engineering advancement…some do. Otherwise we would all be driving Model Ts.

Thanks for sharing your opinion and experiences. Big question…what do you enjoy about the TSX and what were the deciding factor in your purchase decision?
    I see that 'aquaticexplore' agrees regarding the 'drive by wire throttle'.

For the prospective buyer who may be scratching their heads wondering what the heck are we talking about regarding 'drive by wire throttle'...here is a primer which I robbed from the Acura site:

In most cars, a mechanical cable connects the accelerator pedal to the throttle valve. The TSX uses the all-electronic Drive-by-Wire Throttle System™, first developed for Honda Formula 1 racing engines. It senses accelerator pedal motion, and then a computer weighs this data against vehicle speed and engine data in real time and opens the throttle accordingly. The pedal feel is more direct. Acceleration is smooth from rest and at normal cruising speeds. Because control is more precise, throttle response is quick and sporty. Exhaust emissions are reduced, and performance, as well as fuel economy are improved. Drive-by-wire facilitates communication between the engine and the ABS and Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®), enabling a more coordinated reaction by these systems when they are engaged. In the TSX with automatic transmission, throttle position and shifting are coordinated electronically, so the shift "feel" is more refined

Again...I am not saying that everyone has to like it...and that is ok...but the intent is to develop and make available an advanced feature.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    I didn't like the DBW either. I also found the throttle to be overly sensitive at tip-in, which caused the herky-jerkies when trying to creep in stop-and-go traffic in 1st gear (MT only problem). No amount of concentration or right-foot finesse could get a smooth 1st gear creep without feathering the clutch.

The other disadvantage is only a problem for tuners. Remapping the ECU with a user-programmable ECU (such as Hondata's K-Pro) cannot be done without installing a cable, thereby disabling the VSC, speedometer, tach, etc.). Other Honda performance cars such as the RSX and Civic don't have this problem, which is why there are so few engine mods available for the TSX - even after almost 3 years.

Of course, if you have a slushbox TSX and/or aren't interested in modding, DBW is all good.

The throttle response is just one of a number of reasons why I lost my enthusiasm for owning/driving my TSX. Not a big reason, but simply another check in the "don't keep" box. I'm much happier to be back driving a RWD, LSD, throttle cable equipped performance car. YMMV.
  • aquaticexploreaquaticexplore Member Posts: 89
    Where I live, fwd is preferabe to rwd. I was considering 'moving up' to the IS250, but is offers precious little above the tsx. It is that good a car. I still love driving it, though my highway speed has come down 10-20kph to address he fuel price issue. I could easily afford it, but I want to deprive the thieves of as much $ as I can.
    "overly sensitive at tip-in"

Oh...perhaps I have a thought of the feeling of sensitive 'tip in'. The gas pedal is hung differently in a the TSX and TLs. It is 'hinged' on the floor versus 'hung' from the top (the reason why it is hinged on the floor is that it is supposed to be a more 'natural' position and less fatigue on the foot.. So if not accustomed and heavy footed, it could cause excessive foot travel and acceleration.
    Interesting thought, but I personally didn't have a problem with the hinge position. I've owned plenty of "bottom hinged" cars (my Alfa Romeo and BMW come immediately to mind) and never noticed this issue before.

No, at least in my experience, the TSX throttle was absolutely too senstitive at tip-in.
    "I was considering 'moving up' to the IS250, but is offers precious little above the tsx."

Agreed.

I would likely choose the IS250 over the TSX if I was shopping in that segment today, but I certainly wouldn't trade in a TSX to pick one up.
    Of course not, but it certainly helps one form a real-life impression of a car, as opposed to simply having a baseless opinion.

My question to delmar was a legitimate one. Many people put forth strong opinions about cars they've never driven. Happens all the time on these boards.
    Delmar, it's all good. :D

I've had my TSX for about 18 months now, and love driving it more all the time. I love its sharp handling, lively engine and the overall sense of quality I get from it. Oh, yeah, and it SPECTACULAR six speed gearbox. It really is a lot of fun to drive, but Fedlawman raises some good points.

As a consequence, and in my quest for the "perfect" drivers car in the sedan class, I've begun shopping for the new E90 (330 or 325i). Whether or not I actually end up with one hasn't been decided, but who knows. They ain't cheap or cheap to own, but for sheer driving dynamics in a sedan, I'm not sure BMW's can be beat.

The deciding factor in purchasing the TSX was the fact that my previous car, a 2000 Accord, was putting me to sleep. I wanted more performance and the TSX strikes a very nice balance between that and utility.

Apologies if my earlier response came off as acerbic. :P
    Johnny420...I am good with you even with my post yesterday. You can't be half bad as you own an Acura.

You indicated "I wanted more performance and the TSX strikes a very nice balance between that and utility"... That is the exact reason why my wife and I have the TSX. It is our 'kid hauler' car....where I can throw my kid and her friend in the back seat and all is well...with ample storage with the 60/40 folddown rear seats for those HomeDepot runs....with the correct exterior dimensions (we don't do suv or minivans...only sedans)...and ample performance.

Good to understand your thoughts on the 'tip in'. My wife was having difficulties with the bottom hinged pedal initially when she was wearing heels...and thought that may have been the cause of what was observed. But I totally understand...everyone has their preferences.

If you are looking for a sedan and looking at the 330...consider the Acura RL. Get a $50k car for $43k....about the price you will be paying for a 330.
    As you have figured out, the problem was how you worded what you said. I'm glad to see everything's okay now. :)
    Be careful what you wish for. C&D just published a comparo of 8 performance cars. Admittedly, they liked the 330i the best. However, they also noted it suffered from 3 electronic problems during their testing including antilock break problems etc. BMW is becoming the new MB in terms of quaslity IMHO.
    Yeah, I read that. That's my biggest dilemma. The E90 has been getting rave reviews for its road performance, but if you visit the problems & solutions thread over on the 3 Series board you can see all manner of problems for these cars over the years. Not necessarily for the E90 yet, but it's not a good sign when the car malfunctions during a test :sick: It still won the comparo, though.

It seems most Bimmer drivers are willing to trade some reliability for performance, but I'm not sure I could do it, especially with a $40,000 car. They are sweet, though.

It would take a heck of a lot to get me out of the TSX. It's a great car. I just wish Honda would start producing RWD cars (no AWD for me please). They are so close right now to running straight up with BMW. I'll probably just end up doing some light modding to the TSX to take it to the next level (A-Spec suspension, CAI, Hondata, better rubber, etc.), then hope Honda comes up with the goods.

Johnny
  • frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    I would consider a TSX if they boosted the hp to about 240, to match the Accord Coupe, which I won't consider. I am liking the TSX the more I see it. I had a TSX as loaner for 4 days.
    For me, peak HP is not an issue with the TSX. Torque is. Anytime you start upping the HP/torque in FWD vehicles, you run the risk of increasing torque steer, and this is never good for performance driving. See the current gen TL's for an example of this. Great engine, decent chassis, but mucho torque steer, especially in its 6 MT iteration. I think we've reached the ceiling for HP in FWD vehicles.

Now, if Honda was to start making RWD TSX's (and TL's), then I'd take a substantial boost in HP and torque in a NY second. I think when that happens, Honda will finally bridge that final gap between them and marques like BMW, at least with regards to performance.

BTW, as it stands now, the TSX has plenty of engine for spirited driving. Its sweet 6 speed gearbox allows the driver to be exactly where he needs to be in the powerband to extract the most performance out of the engine. And the K24 is a fine motor, the best NA four-banger I've driven by a long shot. Adding a few bolt-on mods makes it even better.

Johnny :shades:
    I would be buying an AT because my wife can't drive a MT, so torque steer is not really a problem in the AT. What I have experienced in my TL is that handling is great and I have tried to induce torque steer, and couldn't. Again my TL is an AT so torque steer is a MT problem, not an AT problem so I would still like to see 240 horses in the TSX. Thanks for the input Johnny :shades:
  • proffyproffy Member Posts: 46
    I agreee here, I would love to see the Accord V6 engine in a TSX. I'd gladly pay an extra $2000 for it too. Best part is, it get roughly the same milage and it take unleaded !
  • fred25fred25 Member Posts: 92
    I own a 2005 tsx at with 4,500 miles. I began to notice I had to push harder and longer on the brakes to stop, until eventually I lost all brake pressure together. I would push the pedeal to the floor with almost no response. The only way to stop the car was to pump the brakes well in advance. I brought it to the dealer who said the ABS modulator was completely malfunctioning, causing ABS not to engage at any point and forcing the petal to the floor. Has anyone else had this problem???
  • lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    Let us know if replacing the modulator fixes the problem. The dealer's explanation doesn't make sense. ABS never engages unless one of the wheels is going to slide and ABS is transparent in normal operation of the brake system. At least it's covered by warranty.
    no problem there at all. Brakes firm and quiet.

Would have been interesting if Honda has put its accord 6 in as an option. Wild torque steer. I would stay with the t24, though. On balance it offers great power and economy. 6th gear should be higher though. I can't understand that decision.
    Sounds like brake fade to me (you weren't racing, were you?). I'd bleed the brake lines, and if that doesn't fix it, look at the master cylinder.
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    It's the master cyclinder. You shouldn't be pumping the brakes with ABS car.
    The ABS light should come on if the modular fails.
    Again, as has been stated by Acura, the J90 V-6 engine will not fit into the TSX's engine bay as it is presently configured.

The TSX is a nicely balanced, sharp handling car right now. Adding 200 lbs of weight over the front wheels would only serve to spoil its superb out-of-the-box handling, not to mention adding torque-steer issues.

If anything, the car could use an even tighter suspension, a la A-Spec, and better tires, to further improve its already good cornering ability.

Any increases in power should come from tweaking the present K24 engine, IMO.

Johnny :shades:
    That is, of course, the J32 V6, not the J90 :blush:
    I respect your opinion johnny, so you are saying that boosting the TSX hp with the 240 hp honda engine would require design changes in teh engine bay, that would likely result in a costly change. In effect, a new car line, not a TSX.
    Now that Honda offers the V-6 Sedan with a 6-speed MT, you could build yourself a "240 hp TSX." Just add summer tires and stiffen up the suspension - it may not turn-in quite like a TSX, but it will come very close.

P.S. I saw an '06 Accord sedan on the highway today. New LED taillights are great looking! Ugly is no longer an excuse to avoid the Accord.
  • proffyproffy Member Posts: 46
    Yeah, that's true about the V6, but what about a turbo 4 cylider? Like a WRX?
    There's no reason that couldn't be done. It would fall in line with "tweaking" the K24. Whether or not Honda actually does it for the USDM is another matter.

I'm certainly no expert, but, from what I've read, the K24's potential has barely been tapped. Not much more than bolt-on mods are available for it at this time, for whatever reason (demand?). I think as time marches on we'll see much more performance from this engine, both via aftermarket and from Honda internally.

Just my opinion :)
    Fedlawman, please don't take this the wrong way, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that since you no longer have your TSX you've changed your tune a bit.

I seem to recall you arguing in the not too distant past that making the mods you suggested still wouldn't bring the Accord in line with the TSX, handling wise anyway. You know, "happy yachting" and all that.

Granted, the Accord V6 will now be available with a 6 MT, but it'll still be an Accord. I guess I'm not sure why Honda would do this, if what you suggest is true. Sounds like they'd just be shooting themselves in the foot. I think they're too smart for that.

BTW, I could make the same mods to my TSX that you suggest for the Accord, and still be that much further ahead in the game. And I plan to :P

Sounds like you're enjoying the E30. It sure is purdy. Been posting your experiences with it anywhere here at Edmunds?
    No Johnny, I haven't changed my basic tune, though I admit the harmony may sound a little different. Now that I'm back in a RWD sports car, I have come to realize in hindsight what limitations the TSX has. I still believe that below 8/10ths, there is no functional difference in performance between the TSX and it's RWD competitors (Lexus IS, BMW E46 3-series, etc.), but at track speeds, there's just no avoiding the 60/40 weight bias.

Regarding my earlier post, I did say, "it may not turn-in quite like a TSX, but it will come very close."

Here's a quote from a Feb 13, 2005 message I posted (message #214) on the now closed "Accord vs. TSX" thread. I think this sums it up my opinion pretty well...

"The TSX will always outperform the Accord when both cars are modified to the same degree, ie: a TSX with H&R coilovers will outhandle an Accord with H&R coilovers. A TSX with Comptech rear sway bar will outhandle an Accord with a Comptech rear sway bar, etc. Face it, invest enough money and the Accord can be modified into a very respectable canyon carver, but it will always be longer, wider, heavier, and slower steering than the TSX - it will also cost more than a stock TSX that's ready to carve right from the factory."

My current opinion? An Accord V-6 with aftermarket suspension can be made to handle virtually as well as a stock TSX, but it will still be a little heavier in the nose and slower steering, so it won't be quite as tossable feeling. However, to someone that places high value on HP and TQ, it's a viable alternative.

As for my E30, I tracked it 3 times this summer (and again next month) and dyno tested it too. I've posted some messages in the "BMW 3-Series Sedans - 2005 and earlier" and "Entry-Level Luxury Performance Sedans" forums. You can also see some photos here...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2064126

I've wanted to attend the last two Northwest Acura meets, but couldn't due to scheduling conflicts. I hope to make it to one soon.

Regards,

Still loyal to the TSX Brian :)
  • 1tsxbuyer1tsxbuyer Member Posts: 1
    :shades: Have any of the 2006s been seen in the US? When should we start seeing them? I have heard so many different time frames, but found your forum very reliable.
    Wow. Brian, that is one sweet looking car. I love its clean lines. The interior is as immaculate as the exterior. The previous owner obviously gave the car a lot of lovin' :) . This is, of course, as it should be :shades:

You like red, dontcha? ;)

I 'd be interested to hear your impressions of its driving dynamics as compared to the TSX, though this probably isn't the correct board for that.

As for the TSX, I see where you're coming from. Believe me, BMW's always have and always will appeal to me. To me the E90 is obscenely over-priced, but I want one anyway. It's getting terrific write-ups in the rags. I saw your suggestion elsewhere about an ED purchase of a stripped 325i. That sounds pretty good, though I'd probably get the 330i SP. That would be one exciting purchasing experience. Haven't been back to Deutschland since my Army days.

The only thing that concerns me is reliability. I just finished reading 2500+ posts on the "problems and solutions" 3 series board, and it's not particularly pretty. But knowing that sites like these probably don't realistically represent the "real world" regarding problems, I'm somewhat willing to look past it. Bimmer drivers are always passionate about their cars.

Anyway, it's the TSX for now, with mods to the engine and suspension on the way.

Will Honda ever go RWD?

Take care.
  • heejomanheejoman Member Posts: 33
    I keep reading about great handling.
    Drove TSX as a loaner with only 3,000 miles for couple weeks. I like the car.

I pushed the car little bit for its handling by taking sharp corners. I made a quick lane changes at 50mph, TSX fishtailed. Tried it again. Same. deal.

I pulled the same move on by friend's '05 TL and did not fishtail (he was annoyed but I complimented his car).

Never drove the NSX but my favorite handling Honda product is the 5th generation Prelude.

Compare to V6 EX Accord (similarly price Honda product - better torque), seating height is similar but in a narrower car. So during the fishtailing (poor grammar) it made feel like I'm was in a bubbly car.

Similarly sized competitors, I drove the BMW 325 and Audi A4. Both more $$ but they handled better.

Is it because TSX sits too high (higher clearance)? Am I expecting too much?
  • rumansrumans Member Posts: 13
    The tires probably contributed to the lack of roadholding. My Accord sticks like glue with the change of tires that I put on it. The original Bridgestones felt as if they had WD40 sprayed on the tread and marshmellows for sidewalls. Don't the TSX's have the same tires people complain about that are on the RSX's.
    "I 'd be interested to hear your impressions of its driving dynamics as compared to the TSX."

Thanks for asking Johnny, I'll try to keep this in the context of a TSX discussion...

First of all, I really think the TSX is closer in spirit to my '88 325is (E30) than the current BMW 3-series. In my opinion, the TSX has a light on its feet, tossable feeling that is somewhat lost on the more solid and heavy-feeling modern BMW's.

The TSX is obviously more refined than my E30. The ride is smoother and quieter, the materials are of much higher quality, and the driving experience is much more refined and relaxed in the TSX. The stereo is much better, and of course, I need not mention the TSX's safety features which are missing on my E30 (airbags, traction control, etc.). Unfortunately, the price you pay for all that comfort and safety is excess weight and a comparatively muted driving experience.

By modern standards, my E30 is a relatively noisy, harsh-riding, primitive car. The interior plastics are cheap, the doors are tinny, and the cockpit is much smaller (the E30 is about the same size as an RSX). The front seats are extremely comfortable, adjustable, and supportive, but the steering wheel doesn't tilt or telescope. I love the way the E30 looks, and I think it has timeless lines that will look good for decades to come. With a nice coat of wax, it definitely turns more heads and starts more conversations than my TSX ever did.

But where my E30 really shines (and the main reason why I got one) is in its powertrain and driving dynamics. The balance is absolutely neutral - settle the car and enter a sweeper, and you can play with the rear end all the way through. Your right foot is like the conductor of an orchestra, and each section responds individually to every subtle direction you give it. You can almost feel each tire contact patch through the steering wheel and the seat of your pants, yet the car never gets upset over rough roads - even over mid-corner bumps and off-camber elevation changes. The I-6 engine has good power (comparable to the TSX) and the song it sings is just as sweet (but in a different way) - and the very Italian sounding exhaust note (probably due in part to 18 years of internal erosion, ha ha) reminds me of my much missed Alfa Romeo. I love the sound of it at WOT above 4000 RPM. The car is perfectly suited for driving school duty for an intermediate driver like me because steering, throttle and brake inputs are so direct. You get immediate feedback (positive and negative) yet it's forgiving enough to keep you out of trouble.

It's simply a blast to drive and a joy to own.
    heejoman, I think what you experienced can definitely be traced to the OEM tires, which are nothing more than all season affairs not especially suited for exceptional grip. By all accounts, shoeing the TSX with summer tires transforms the car.

I should clarify: the TSX is a great handling SEDAN. I think it's a bit unfair to compare it to a relatively light coupe like the 'Lude. That car will almost always win the handling wars due physics alone.

BMW is still the standard for sharp-handling sedans, and I'm not sure how the 325i you drove was equipped, but most Bimmers come right off the lot with higher performance tires than the TSX. BMW's also have the advantage of RWD.

I've owned Accords, too, and I feel like the TSX kills the Accord in handling, with both being in stock form of course. However, this has been argued ad nauseum here and in other forums, and some believe the Accord is equal to the TSX in handling. YMMV.

Not sure what you mean by "bubbly car."

Better tires and one $115 upgrade can bring the TSX to the next level. That upgrade is a thicker aftermarket anti-sway bar. It would control the fishtailing you mentioned an lessen body roll. A-Spec suspension bits ($600) would raise the bar even higher.

The TSX chassis has great potential. A couple of minor tweaks really open it up. Check some other sites for confirmation and video representation of what I claim.

:shades:
    Your right foot is like the conductor of an orchestra, and each section responds individually to every subtle direction you give it.

NICE! I think R&T is hiring! :P

First of all, I really think the TSX is closer in spirit to my '88 325is (E30) than the current BMW 3-series. In my opinion, the TSX has a light on its feet, tossable feeling that is somewhat lost on the more solid and heavy-feeling modern BMW's.

Pretty good tribute to the TSX, I'd say.

I love the way the E30 looks, and I think it has timeless lines that will look good for decades to come. With a nice coat of wax, it definitely turns more heads and starts more conversations than my TSX ever did.

I'm repeating myself here, but I agree 100%. The E30 has the distinct advantage of looking very unlike 90% of the cars out there today. I'm not a huge fan of the trend towards higher beltlines; I prefer the E30's look much better.

Thanks for the reply.
  • notjafonotjafo Member Posts: 63
    I'm a '95 Integra driver and I've been looking at the TSX and the TL as my next 4dr car, but the new Accord EX sedan 6cyl 6spd MT seems to be an interesting alternative to the TSX given it has more torque, more hp, and does it on regular gas at the same price. I did a search of the site and haven't seen this discussed. Have I missed it? Any thoughts?
  • waydewayde Member Posts: 198
    I haven't seen anything on this site, but there is a Honda enthusiast web site that has had this topic discussed several times.
    It is rather interesting to me also as I have the same situation - weighing the pros/cons of each vehicle since they are both around the same price.
    TSX - light, nimble, longer warranty, sportier handling, clean styling inside and out, bluetooth for 2006 are some pros. Cons - premium fuel, lack of torque.
    AV6 - power, torque, smoother ride, regular fuel, better exterior styling on 2006. Cons - no bluetooth (for me), little softer handling, exterior styling not as crisp as TSX.
    Again, these are my viewpoints :)
    Oh - and the Acura has the luxo-badge on it.
    Hmm, I guess you missed the Honda Accord vs Acura TSX discussion. We have indeed been comparing those two vehicles. Hope anyone interested will join us there.
    That pretty well sums it up. You have to decide for yourself which car is best. From my POV, the TSX is just more fun to drive; better steering, sharper handling, better looking, but this topic has been argued ad nauseum here and on other sites.

Certainly the Accord EX V6 with the 6MT will be appealing. It's about time Honda offered the manual tranny to its V6 drivers. If straight TQ and HP numbers are what is important to you, as it seems to be for most American drivers, then definitely go for the V6. You'll never be happy otherwise.

If tight handling, quick steering, well-appointed interior and a fun-to-drive factor are important, then go with the TSX.

Just keep in mind that the TSX is very well-balanced, and that quality is hard to quantify. After 21 months, I'm happier than ever that I traded in my Accord for my TSX. I look forward to driving it every chance I get. I never did with my EX V6. It was a very good car, it was just very boring.

Life's too short to drive boring cars. Define your parameters.

Hope this helps. :shades:
  • notjafonotjafo Member Posts: 63
    wayde-
    I did see that discussion which is why I asked my question here. Nothing has been posted there since May '05 and the '06 Accord EX 4dr w/ the 6spd MT was announced in early september '05, so it didn't atract any attention over there. Also, I'd be more interested in the Acura drivers perspective on the Accord than the Accord drivers perspective on the Acura.

It seems to me that the only comparison from a TSX perspective is the 6cyl 6spd MT,
    The place for this conversation is in the discussion I linked, not here. If you'll follow that link and post your thoughts, you'll get the feedback you are looking for.
This discussion has been closed.