Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

'00 Ford F-650/F-750 Super Duties

rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
edited February 2014 in Ford
Here is a link to those interested in Ford's new
2000 F-650s and F-750s.

There are pictures and some info regarding these
trucks. If you click on the "brochures", you will
get a better picture and some preliminary specs.

Of note: They will be available in regular cab,
super cab, and crew cab models. Also, in addition
to the current Cummins engine, a Cat diesel and the
7.3L Power Stroke will be available.

I spoke to a Ford truck dealer this morning while
my vehicle was in being serviced, and learned that
the current F-800s are no longer in production. So
these new models should be along shortly. My guess
is after the first of the year if they're being
labeled 2000 models. My dealer haden't seen the
vehicles yet. So I showed them where to find this
info on the web. They were surprised - and quite
happy - to say the least!

http://www.meadowlandford.com/fordf.htm

Bob
Tagged:

Comments

• stanfordstanford Member Posts: 606
    Well, now I know what to buy when I get tired of my '99 CC 6WD I guess :-) That's a sharp orange they have there as well. With a CAT diesel and everything... ooh... now that's a truck.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Think they'll make an F-650/750 SUV out of it?? Call it perhaps the Ford Explosion?

Bob
    As long as they don't do a stretched SUV and call it the Ford Excretion.

Actually, the notion of an F650 SUV is an intreging one. Something to do when you're feeling encumbered by too much money I guess :-) I've seen a full size Kenworth SUV before (total length ~21 feet with no 5th wheel mount, just body). Someone was crusing it through downtown Dallas on a sat. night -- I had a lot of respect for his driving ability.
    Seriously though -- am I the only one sick of this naming scheme? What's next:

Ford Exhumation -- good name for a herse
    Ford Excavation -- if they wanted to compete with
    CAT in heavy duty equipment
    Ford Exhalation -- one of these new ZEVs that
    puts out hot air as its only
    exhaust product
    Ford Excursion -- sorry, that's a real one
    Ford Excitement -- new Mustang replacement
    Ford Experiment -- any new concept vehicle
    Ford Eccentric -- the new $450k solid gold town
    car (aka the Homer)
    Ford Exposition -- the official car of the world's
    fair and conference circuits

Any more? :-)
  • ruzruz Member Posts: 59
    Heh! Very funny...
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Ford Exasperation -- what everyone calls their
    Ford that doesn't work

and Bob? Wasn't the Ford Explosion the mid 70s subcompact? Oh wait, they named in Pinto... :)
    The answer to all your car questions has been endowed in the latest, the Ford Explanation.
    KC

As you know, retro/heritage is very much "in" these days: thus Explosion (aka Pinto) would be quite in line with the times.

If such a vehicle were ever built, it would really redefine the term "Mom-Mobile". Can you imagine all the soccer-moms behind the wheel of such a rig! If they built it off the F-750 platform with the 33,000 GVW, all the moms (and dads) would now have to get CDLs.

Bob
    well, don't think for a second someone won't do it - the Excursion is a Super Duty crew cab from the rear doors forward, so grafting the Excursion's rear end onto a 750 would be cake. Or better yet, drop the Excursion's entire body minus the front clip onto the F750 chassis.
    also, the pickup box will line right up with the cab body, so watch for someone to make an F750 pickup too - that'll have the payload from hell...
  • mikef150mikef150 Member Posts: 35
    am i missing something?....is there really a ford excursion?....and if there is where can i find a picture of one?...thanks
    mikef150

The Super Duty based Excursion (predicted name) should be out in about a year. Several recent car mags have shown spy photos of it.

Bob
    I would love to see Ford do a F-750 SUV "Concept Vehicle" for the auto show circuit. Talk about a show-stopper! If Lexus & Plymouth can do hot rods to get attention; Ford could certainly do something just as outrageous.

About the only thing more outrageous would be a Lincoln version (L-750?)! Now that would be concept vehicle to end all concept vehicles!!

Bob
  • dennis4dennis4 Member Posts: 47
    Hey stanford,
    How about the Ford Exwife with these standard features.
    CNP - constant nagging problems,
    MLP - mandatory lifetime payments
    ECOF - press the button and it automatically takes you to court.
    I can already see the eyes of some stretch limo company executive light up. Graft on a few extra rear side doors from the SD crew cab and you get the ultimate prom-mobile!

The Secret Service might also want to retire the current presidential limo in favor of one of these. Call it "Ground Force 1".

They might even offer it with AWD (I won't say 4WD, because who knows how many wheels it might have) and create a "Baja Racer". Perhaps even a land speed record attempt at Bonneville could even be in the cards?

Talk about the possibilities of niche marketing! Wow!

Bob
    Actually, its already been done. I no longer have the link, but someone stretched an F350 crew cab 4x4 and made it into a limo. They added a good 15' to the length. I don't remember the link -- I want to say it was findable from the powerstroke fan page... somewhere...
    stanford

I'm talking about an F-750 (or something similar in size), not an F-350.

Bob
  • BrutusBrutus Member Posts: 1,113
    This is the link that Stanford mentioned.

www.abol.com/users/jlester/psdlimo.htm

The picture is from the photo section of the Ford Diesel Website. They have several sections of photos of readers trucks, including a few of the 99 Superduty trucks. The Superduties are in the last photo section.
    Yes, but the length is the impressive part. Doing that to an F750 would be nifty -- but not all that different.

The realworld feature of that limo that I really like is the extended cab tacked on at the end. I saw a regular CC with an extended cab portion around here a couple of years ago (short bed, so the same length as a regular CC). Now that's useful. The custom work is just too expensive for my taste.
    Anybody ever think of combining a crew cab with a super cab to come up with a 6-door (4 full-size & 2 short doors) "Super Crew Cab"? It's certainly an interesting thought. Especially if the rear section didn't have that small seat and was used for cargo/equipment storage only.

Bob
  • akjbmwakjbmw Member Posts: 231
    Where do the Van conversions that are set up to pull 5th wheels fit into the scheme of all this?

Do the Vans have the same chassis with a different body? Must be the E250/350 series that they convert?

Are they really a pickup chassis with a van type body? They don’t look as good as a truck, but there gets to be some boundary encroachments. A van with four doors becomes an SUV?
    akjbmw

I believe that the vans are built on different wheelbases than the pickups, thus they are on a different chassis. I'm sure that they do share a number of components hough.

Bob
    I stopped in a Ford Truck dealer yesterday. The dealer said the new Y2K F-650/750s will be arriving in April. They are starting to get info on them now. He had "one" brochure, which he let me look at.

An interesting side note:
    They had on their lot an F-450 Crew Cab "pickup"! It obviously was a custom (not factory) job.
This discussion has been closed.