Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    TblueBellsTblueBells Member Posts: 3
    I was wondering if this was a good deal? This is with the 1500 incentive and that's including TTL. This comes with no RES but with NAVI.

Price before TTL is $33,668.

Please advise. I am in Orange County CA

Thanks
  • Options
    chauchau Member Posts: 2
    which vicinity is dealer#3 and 4 in?? thanks
  • Options
    integradriverintegradriver Member Posts: 123
    #3 is in Central New Jersey
    #4 is in Easton, Maryland
  • Options
    dallascowboy1dallascowboy1 Member Posts: 3
    I bought similar model last week (only difference is, mine is 2WD) for $32,500 + TTL. I am in Dallas, TX and my final drive-out price came to $35k. Dealer had added a protection pack (mudguards, wheel locks, cargo tray, and door patch, this was included in $32,500).
  • Options
    dcfakdcfak Member Posts: 22
    Is the pilot special that honda offers what you get or is there a way to get a better deal. I am in NC.
  • Options
    cptencacptenca Member Posts: 4
    1/12/2009

Can anyone confirm the money factor: .0011
    and Residual: 51%

2009 EXL w/RES

thanks
  • Options
    golicgolic Member Posts: 714
    That is the old money factor that lapsed on 1/5/2009. If you scroll back a few pages you will see a post by car_man with the updated money factor and residuals.

IIRC the current money factor is now .00151 and there is $1,500 dealer cash. Plus keep in mind there is a different residual for 12K vs. 15K miles. So make sure you know what your want.
  • Options
    If I am only concerned about my monthly payment, miles and lease length, do
    I need to be concerned w/ these other numbers? I don't want to purchasde my
    lease at the end of the term.
  • Options
    Money Factor is your interest rate, that's going to affect your payment.

Residual is the value anticipated for the vehicle at the end of the lease term, the higher this is in relation to the capital cost (the price financed on the lease), the lower your payments. Residual will be affected by trim, equipment, and miles.

If you are going to lease without purchasing at the end, don't put any money down (ie, no Cap Cost Reduction). Keep in mind that if you don't trade the vehicle back in, they're going to crawl over it with a microscope.
  • Options
    Many times have changed, I remember this board used to hum with posts from all over the US.

Anyone have any quotes or prices paid for a 2009 EXL in the Chicago Market? Good dealerships? Ones to stay away from?

Thanks,
  • Options
    Leasing is no different than purchasing the car. Think of leasing as a form of paying not buying. Therefor, you should approach the car transaction the same as a purchase by negotiating the price of the vehicle first.

There are a number of tools on Edmunds to calculate a lease payment and since you know the residual and money factor you can work up your own payment based on the agreed purchase price.

Remember things that will effect your lease payment is your mileage allowance, (12k per year vs. 15K) and the length of the lease (24-36-39 months). If you negotiate payments you are leaving the dealer with plenty of room to maximize their profits.

So, negotiate the price of the car first in your shopping and then discuss the leasing element.
  • Options
    hurlhurl Member Posts: 4
    I'm outside Philadelphia, I am also interested in a EX-L 4wd w/ RES lease 36 months 12/year. This is the information I was given from Sussman Honda:
    Selling price $32,479
    MF if qualified .00151
    Residual 50%

Payments are including TTL w/ $2700 : $459-469/month ( depending on credit)

I was also given another price of $449 / month with 3k down - it think they all average out the same or pretty close.
  • Options
    247HappyHour247HappyHour Member Posts: 3
    Wow, 25K for 08 EXL w/ RES, mind sharing which dealer?
  • Options
    i was quoted for an 09 lx
    27,656 msrp
    26,700 sale price
    money factor 151
    no money down just ttl and 1st month
    379/ month for 39 mo. 12k

good or not good?

they say they'll make 500 on the car
  • Options
    Is this a 2WD or 4WD? Not sure how you have 27656 as MSRP unless you're backing out destination.

If it's LX 2WD, Invoice including Dest is 25681 and there's still the 1500 Dealer Cash that they're holding on to at that.
  • Options
    chicagojoechicagojoe Member Posts: 14
    I have been watching this board for months now and I finally pulled the trigger over the weekend on a 2009 4WD Touring, no RES. I managed to lock in a great price in December - and then waitied for the extra $1,500 of dealer cash. My specifics:

2009 Honda Pilot Touring NAV
    MSRP $39,065.00
    Sale price- $34,356.00
    lighted running boards $928.00
    all season floor mats $199.00
    Doc Fee- $150.00
    CVR Fee- $25.00
    7.0% sales tax- $2,496.06
    Joliet vehicle tax- $7.50
    New Plates- $143.00
    ------------------------------------
    $38,304.56 - before dealer cash
    $1,500.00 available dealer cash
    $36,804.56 Total out the door price

I had them add the running boards and mats - and didn't haggle on that price. I could have gottent he price without them as well. I also got them to do the Honda Care extended warranty plan just over the internet price from the on-line dealers. This deal was from the Honda Superstore of Joliet in Joliet, IL -- just a little southwest of Chicago.

By the way ... the Pilot is awesome....
  • Options
    lx2wd and they say the 1500 has already been deducted. sounds like I can go better. The also say all 2wd lx models have the same msrp and same options. This sounds fishy to me.
  • Options
    There aren't a lot of add ons for the Pilot unless you change trim levels, so MSRP will be the same most of the time.

The numbers I posed came off Edmunds, so if you want to give them a $500 deal (and I don't think you need to in this case, I didn't), $24700 including destination, plus ttl.
  • Options
    what would the lease payment be on that for 39 mo.?
  • Options
    I have no way to calculate that, sorry!
  • Options
    tam_htam_h Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted the following price for a Pilot LX (No haggle dealership)
    $25,527 that includes the $1500 dealer incentive.
    There is not a lot of conversation here about the LX but I am guessing from what little I have seen that this is a good price.
    My dealer tells me they are hard to find (currently trying to locate one for me now) and I haven't make any calls to any other dealers.

I guess I am just looking for confirmation that this is the best deal I will most likely find.

Thanks!
  • Options
    tam_htam_h Member Posts: 3
    I guess I should add that it is an LX 4WD.
  • Options
    We started on the LX but moved to the EX when we sat down and compared options. My no-deal place had given $2000 off MSRP when we started vs $2666 off the EX (this was before the $1500 dealer cash was announced), your number sounds like a good deal as long as they're not adding junk back in like exorbitant doc fees.

Keep in mind, on the EX I bought, my no-deal place was $1000 over what I paid...
  • Options
    roi_ratroi_rat Member Posts: 1
    Got Internet quote from several dealers - all seemed eager to win my business. Best price was $32,629 which is well below invoice, plus they threw in free life time oil changes.

Picked up all weather mats and running boards at a honda accessory site on the web which has prices about 30% what the dealer quoted.
  • Options
    jTexansjTexans Member Posts: 2
    Wow, FREE LIFE-TIME oil changes! Where and what are the limitations of that? Every 3,000 or 5,000 miles?

What was your drive-out price?
  • Options
    thechristhechris Member Posts: 9
    no bueno.
    i got a 4wd touring model quote for $1k more
    also.

exact quote from dealer- email

Pilot Touring 4WD with no RES will be 32,995 plus tax, lic, and destination

keep shopping
  • Options
    lxpaddylxpaddy Member Posts: 16
    just get quote for EX 4wd, 27200 for car and about29500 out of door. MA tax is 5%. is that good deal?
  • Options
    Hoop1234Hoop1234 Member Posts: 18
    When a dealership tells you up front that they are taking you for a $500 ride...don't roll over and let them scratch your belly. ...run away...Negotiate a fair selling price and take it from there. If you walk out of any dealership after buying or leasing a new vehicle and the salesman loudly says "good bye"..he means "GOOD BUY"..you just got screwed and....... your salesman wins the money in pot that day...
  • Options
    Pilot $27200
    Tax $1360
    Total $28560

If you're $29500 out the door, where's the other $1000 from? Tags?
  • Options
    Hoop1234Hoop1234 Member Posts: 18
    What dealer and what are the costs associated with the 29500 price??
  • Options
    Lia honda. they did no metion the cost. I think the rest 1000 is the desitination plus fee. that is 670+330. fair price?
  • Options
    Ah, they backed the destination out and then tack it back on. Sounds like a good deal on an EX AWD to me!
  • Options
    Is 24,370 sales price good for an 09 lx 2wd pilot? MSRP was 28265. Can I do better?
  • Options
    After dealer cash, that's a $200 over invoice deal. Where do you live, are 2WD popular?

I think you might be able to do a few hundred better, depending on market conditions on that kind of vehicle in your area.
  • Options
    I live in southeastern NC. We don't get any snow, so I don't feel like I need 4wd. They also said the gas mileage is better on the 2wd.
  • Options
    Gas mileage is 1MPG better both Highway and City on the 2WD. Depending on how sales have been for dealers near you, I'd think you might get them to come down to bare invoice or a few hundred below (after dealer cash). We bought ours in Maryland last week and it was the 5th sale of the month...

From past experience with Toyota and Lexus shopping, they rarely offer 2WD up by us, so any dealer 'stuck' with one might be more willing to cut a deal, especially when it's 10 degrees out.
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Current Marketing Support (Manufacturer to Dealer cash) is $1,500 (Jan-6 to Feb-2)
    You can easily make a deal by minus this $1500 from invoice.

Example ...
    09 EX-FWD invoice (excl dest charge) is $27,541 less $1,500 incentive = $26,041

Dealer still can make profit from Dealer holdback, trade-in, buy-out lease and other volume discount, plus some source that we never know of.
  • Options
    duramaxx1duramaxx1 Member Posts: 1
    thats a very good price, we are looking now for a EX-L or a Touring 4x4, my dealer says he won't be beat so I need prices like these to go back to him with, where was this bought?
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    Hey, what kind of interest rate your guys get now. one dealer offered 6.5% for 60 month. is that good enough?
  • Options
    lufacalufaca Member Posts: 31
    You could do better in the financing. Some credit unions have it as low as 4.35% @ 60 months. i e Alliant credit union (link below or type the name in google). The caviar is you must have excellent credit rating.

http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/loans/vehicle/

BTW: I am also in the market for a honda but I will not budge until I see the price drop to the level I want to pay in the So Cal area.
  • Options
    tdr_hondatdr_honda Member Posts: 8
    Bought a new Pilot 4WD Touring with DVD yesterday for $200 under invoice, plus the $1500 incentive. Got the black one with black leather.
  • Options
    samdesai23samdesai23 Member Posts: 4
    I bought a 2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD with running board with lights, honda remote start, wheel locks, hitch cover, documentation fees, tag/licensing fees, and taxes (7.75%) out the door for 34,150. Try to get a better deal then that. this was in IL.

Sam
  • Options
    dtvdtv Member Posts: 8
    Do you have the break-down of the price? How much is the base EXL 4WD? Which dealership is this?
  • Options
    pilotbound1pilotbound1 Member Posts: 13
    Went to the dealer who leased me my 2006 Pilot. After Test Drive and letting the sales person pitch , came to a Price of $28,895 with destination, I challenged got an internet price of $28,202 w/des. Told them still deceiding on Pilot of another competitior. I read here some where of the dealer having a "Loyalty" rebate that they can offer if a customer was thinking of switching, anyone familiar with that?.
    I still feel that I should be able to close on the '09 EX for under 28K. Any Thoughts.I have till Febuary 14th should I wait and see what come from Honda after 2/6/09 in incentives ?
    Any thoughts?
    Pilotbound
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    I will bet the price will go down instead of up in Feb. The current incentive will end 2/2 and interested to see the next incentive.
  • Options
    We got $27925 incl dest on an AWD EX no Leather from two different dealers, so you should be able to go under $28K. Both dealers did confirm that we'd take their in stock vehicle for that price.
  • Options
    cdolan59cdolan59 Member Posts: 15
    can give the breakdown?
  • Options
    billyk1billyk1 Member Posts: 16
    What was your purchase price before tax and title? Did you purchase any additional accessories. I was thinking 34k including the incentive before tax/title without any additional accessories. Haven't gotten there with any dealers yet. I'm also thinking that the rebates should be even better in February. Doing a lot of thinking but not a lot of buying. The exact opposite of what the gov't and the car dealers want me to do.
  • Options
    GrooveHolmesGrooveHolmes Member Posts: 5
    The deal we just closed including destination fee was $28,900, down in Texas, for a 2009 Black Pilot EX-L 2WD. We also got the black side steps installed for $558 extra. Total price including tax and all fees (but not the side steps) was $30,850.
  • Options
    lithnightslithnights Member Posts: 25
    For these great deals you are all getting, are these for a car you found on a dealer lot or for a car that you order? I assume the former but just want to make sure.

I have only bought one new car in my life (1996 Saturn which I ordered to my specs) which involved zero haggling, negotiating etc. so I don't know how this is done.

I guess the point of my question is.. if one is very picky, won't it be a lot harder to find a great deal since the amount of possible cars is so small? e.g.. if I want an exact car, let's say a silver 2WD EX-L with beige interior with no nav and no dvd, would that be hard to get a deal on? As opposed to walking in with an "I'll take almost anything" attitude and the dealer is happy to give you a deal on a certain color car b/c he has 10 of them and only 5 of the other colors.

I'm new to new car buying so thanks in advance!