Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 1008020310080203 Member Posts: 4
    Priority Honda in Chesapeake Virginia
  • californiabencaliforniaben Member Posts: 1
    Hemlock - That sounds like a great price. How did you negotiate that offer? I have been trying to negotiate a price on the same vehicle and the dealers in my area (Central California) are unwilling to offer anything close to $36,000. In fact, the Acura dealers have been much more willing to negotiate on an MDX.

Any tips from other posters on how to negotiate a good price (while also not getting screwed on your trade)?
  • djsilverdjsilver Member Posts: 10
    We bough an EX last year and love it, but we thought we would try to upgrade to the EXL (buyer regret, I guess). Best we could do in the EXL was $32,815 (invoice) which was the identical offer from 3 different Mass dealers. However, we couldn't make any headway on the EX trade in. They were all offering $2-3k below KBB trade in value so we walked. Maybe in another month or two when deliriousness from CFC is over.
  • hemlock87hemlock87 Member Posts: 10
    CaliforniaBen:

Thanks for your response. I am in the Philly-metro area. I have found our area Acura dealers are less willing to negotiate on MDX's while Honda dealers are more willing on Pilot's. I just shopped around within a specific area and contacted the internet sales dept's.
  • zorkonzorkon Member Posts: 22
    I took delivery of a 2010 EX-L 2WD from Kuhn Honda while cash for clunkers was still going. I'm happy with my car buying experience from them.

My final price was ~$34,200 OTD, including wheel locks, lighted running boards, and bike hitch installed. Those are about $1000 in added options ($784 + $212 on honda website), so my car only OTD price was ~$33,200.
  • btubtu Member Posts: 1
    hi, there,

Could you pls tell me which dealership you bought your car , thanks
  • fastfastfastfast Member Posts: 1
    Does it seem like half or more of the new Pilots on dealer lots are Alabaster Silver? What's up with that?
  • rmishrarmishra Member Posts: 5
    Hi
    Can anyone please let me know how does 32k sound (drive out price incl. tag, title, dealer fee) for a new 2009 EX that has following add ons: leather interior, roofrack with crossbars, running boards, wheel locks, tinted windows, and RES?

It is difficult to price this type of vehicle as it's kind-of unique sort of combination. Also, I'm not very keen on colors - exterior is white and interior is beige..

One more thing, some people have told me that I don't need to pay any tax if I buy this car this yr - Is this true? I'm in GA.

Thank you
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    The price is ok. The problem is the color. The white color on the Pilot looks awful.
    This white is the shirt white color. Looks really bad on the Pilot.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Put some pinstripes on it and it will be a Brooks Brothers Edition. That's how I'd want mine dressed.
  • cb35cb35 Member Posts: 27
    Zulu

I'm not sure whats more difficult remembering my password to enter in a comment on this site or figuring out your last post

The reason the warranty plan is higher is "risk" plain and simple. after you driven the car for 36K - you konw the car pretty well - the companies have this down to a science - its basic insurance principles applied.

I'll give you a tip on the DVD issue - I read the honda care warranty policy - it doesn't exclude cause of loss by dust/dirt etc. If they deny your claim for these reasons - they will lose if challenged. The liquid issue is a completely different animal. Your original post stated that these factory dvd units are covered for only a limited amout of time 12 mo/12K - my response to that is your are incorrect - there are many other reasons to get an aftermarket player - but this isn't one of them.
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    You can also consider black polka dots. Then it will become the bikini edition.
  • conncarconncar Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Does anyone recently buy 2010 Pilot EX 4WD model? I want to know if there is any
    good deal in CT area.
  • smiller4smiller4 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for the same info. Any one recently purchase a new Pilot. Thanks
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Honda pulled its supports on Pilot 2 months ago. Basically no incentive and high % financing tell me not a good time to buy the Pilot while there are many other to choose from with better incnetives & pricing negotiating down.
  • chuckfromlichuckfromli Member Posts: 249
    Where did you hear they pulled their price supports?

I thought I saw 2.9% for either 24 months or 60 months, at least on the 2009 Pilot EX L in NY.

I think it runs through Nov. 2nd or 4th.
  • chuckfromlichuckfromli Member Posts: 249
    Decided I really don't like the CRV. Just too small and cheap looking inside.
    Has anyone shopped Pilots, especially EX L, around the NYC/Long Island area lately?

Would apprciate pricing info. Looking for an '09.
  • vieri_pilotvieri_pilot Member Posts: 6
    go back to May or June, you could get 1500 cash back. price is much much cheaper than now.
    actually it is not a good time to buy 2009 compared to 2010. you may wait until the end of the year.
  • akplnjpeakplnjpe Member Posts: 6
    I just bought 2009 CX-9. Mazda still supports the $4,000 rebate. I think it is better deal for your $ than Honda Pilot.
  • laxplyerlaxplyer Member Posts: 2
    My wife and I traded in her 2008 Pilot (lease) for the new model. The lease is for 48 months and 12K per and we're paying $472/mo. How'd we do?
    For the 2009 you are eating the depreciation, 3 mos to 2010. I also heard that Honda is going to end its Pilot leasing in beginning of Nov.
    ak - you're smart shopper and done your homework, not impulsive. Take the $4000 rebate and CX9 is just as fine I think.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    $472 is a bit on the high side... hopefully you did not put any $ down.
  • zixy_triszixy_tris Member Posts: 8
    I am getting a offer for 2009 Honda Pilot EX 2WD for $28500 at invoice. I know there is a $1250 dealer cash. What will be a good price. I will buy from anywhere between $27-$27.5
    Do you guys think it is better otherwise to just buy a 2010. I can get them for 400-500 over invoice. Typically I am trying get a difference $2K upfront as I am going to be keepig this car for atleast 5 years and also 2009-2010 are exactly same.
  • duke189duke189 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a Honda Pilot EX-L (plus/minus rear entertainment system). Has anyone bought one recently. What are reasonable prices. Thanks

I'm in Philadelphia
  • laxplyerlaxplyer Member Posts: 2
    No Money down, but they started at $540 a month with $2000 down. I'm pretty happy where we ended up. I guess that's what's important...
  • tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    I personally think thats a little high. Then again you leased an AWD and I am only looking for a 2WD to lease. Considering that Honda is not running any promotions on the Pilot at this time or in the near future, if you are satisfied with the lease enjoy the vehicle.

I do wander if Honda is waiting to November to offer leases so that inventory can be replenished. To get the residual values up they are going to have to keep the supply and inventory chain tight.
  • krylesskryless Member Posts: 2
    Hemlock,

I'm looking for this exact same config in virginia. Did you go through internet pricing or in person? i'd travel to chesapeak to get the deal if i could get it too!

-rk
  • nmpilotnmpilot Member Posts: 1
    I have just started looking for a new Pilot and found this site - looks like it's very helpful. I live in New Mexico, but am willing to go to Phoenix or Denver to save some money. Has anyone gotten quotes or purchased lately from this area for an 09 LX 4WD? Also, how much extra is the tow package?

Thanks in advance.
  • kevinkjmkevinkjm Member Posts: 3
    I'm in the DC Metro area and have discovered that there are almost no 2010 LXs to be found? I knew they were a low percentage of the production, but not non-existent?

The local sales guys, said Honda dropped their total production drastically 8 months in response to the economy, but didn't have an answer why there are no LX's around the DC Metro area.

Are they being sent to other regions in the country?

Has anyone seen any links into a Honda inventory system for North America so I could track down an LX? (Blue preferably)
    May be I can help to find the LX near you.
    If there is LX how far are you willing to travel?
    What is your zip code?
    Is it LX FWD or 4WD you want?
  • rythatguyrythatguy Member Posts: 9
    Just bought a '09 EX-L 2wd Dk Cherry

MSRP $34,452
    got it for $30,500
  • tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    How did you find a 09 Pilot this late in the year? Again, I ask the question, and maybe a Honda salesperson can chime in hear, when is Honda going to run lease specials on the Pilots?
  • rythatguyrythatguy Member Posts: 9
    I have 2 local dealerships around me that still have yet to receive 2010 Pilots!?!?! Bad sign for them, good for me in terms of them trying to get rid of them.
  • matmel04matmel04 Member Posts: 9
    I just purchased a new '09 EX-L Pilot as well. I have never purchased brand new and would like to know if it was a good deal:

2009 EX-L 4WD w/RES
    Bali Blue Pearl w/light gray leather interior
    Only 20 miles (brand new)

MSRP: $36,895 (Invoice: $33,415)
    Purchase Price: $32,858 +TTL

Accessories added by dealer for free ($400 value):

Hood Air Deflector
    Moonroof Visor
    Cargo Tray
    why not buy a 2010 at that price?
    a lot of dealers are willing to deal at invoice minus 500.
    seems too high for 2009. 4K Off MSRP is not a big deal as the car has been there for a whole year.
  • hemlock87hemlock87 Member Posts: 10
    I went thru the internet dept via email for probably 3 days worth of correspondence.
  • matmel04matmel04 Member Posts: 9
    We thought the same thing, but they are just not willing to go down that low over here in Utah or surrounding areas. We have been calling and emailing any dealers we could find surrounding our state since Utah is out of '09s and won't go down on 2010 models. They are very scarce here and selling like hot cakes! We found a couple good deals around New York and Florida, but shipping was over $1000 and picking it up wasn't an option. :confuse:
    What will be a good price for 2009 Honda Pilot right now. The dealer which I am planning to buy is doing $500 below invoice. Is this a good price??
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "$500 below invoice. Is this a good price??"

No way to tell... the best way is OTD price.
    A dealer can have the lower car price but the higher OTD price. Compare OTD price... we all pay it.
    suppose dealer fees are reasonable, you can still tell if it is good or bad, also compare with the purchase before CFC.
    in all, I think it is not a good price. why would someone buy a 2009 leftover and eat the depreciation plus 2010 is about at the same price level (invoice-500, YMMV, but at least true in NJ PA area)
    suppose one year's depreciation =3000, I will buy 2009 at invoice-3000.
    probably you won't see this price cause Honda cut the production and damn CFC. but why don't you wait a while and get a 2010.
    also found the reliability of 2009 is not that good from truedelta.com, maybe due to the new generation design?
  • nyisles_99nyisles_99 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Looking to see what everyone else has paid for an 09 Pilot EXL 4X4 with and without DVD is fine. Leather is necessary.

I have a price of $34K for a demo with 6K miles on it, and then a 09 with 82 miles for $33K. They both have DVD, the demo has other options like step up bars, all weather mats, and thats about it.

Both are silver with charcoal leather.

I am willing to travel a little from allentown PA. Any advice, any one know anything?

Dan
    $500 below invoice is what I was quoted on phone. I am going to try to go tommorow with intent of buying and looking for a number where I should get it. I am thinking if I can negotiate another $500 will it be a good price. I am already pushed myself a little above budget to get a touring so wanna pay less at this point. Since there is no model change between 09 and 10, and I am planning to keep it for long the differnce won't be much when I sell 5-6 year down the lane
  • stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    My daughter is paying $31,045 for an 09 Pilot EX-L 4/WD which includes destination. I tried all over, and many dealers had no 09's in stock. Many prices that I received were $88 to $1000 higher.
  • connorbmxconnorbmx Member Posts: 19
    I found a local dealer that still had a 2009 in stock, is this a good deal?

$37,465.00 is MSRP
    $34,310.12 is your ePrice
    Got a 2010 Touring 4WD for $35K.
  • cmmooney82cmmooney82 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all!

Hoping for some help here. We are trying to get a 2010 EX Pilot and we were quoted 32,000. We have an 08 Chrysler town and Country we are trading in and owe about 16,500 on it. Is this a good deal for us, considering the trade in? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Christy
  • ggombosggombos Member Posts: 18
    Wow that sounds like a great price.
    We're in the market for a 2010 Touring 4WD no RES in the DC Metro area but stock seems to be an issue right now.