Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wwhitmanwwhitman Member Posts: 1
    I've also confirmed on four different web sites that the invoice price for a Touring w/ NAV is $34,996.
    I'm looking at Priority Honda in Chesapeake, VA, and these are listed at $39,554. However, at Priority Honda in Huntersville, NC, the same thing is listed at #37,755.
    Anyone have any insight on why that might be?

Also, the higher priced one is "taffeta white," while the other one is "white." Is there some 2000 dollar difference in shades of white that I don't know about?

Finally, what does FWD stand for, if some are listed as 4WD? Are those not the same thing?
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    The sale price is invoice before tax and tags. Also includes the $710 destination charge. You should be able to buy a '10 Pilot EX for $30,000-30,200 before tax/tags without much of a problem. Like I said, if you need something in print look at Sunday's Philly Inquirer, they show invoice pricing on all trim levels.
    FWD is front wheel drive only. 4WD is all wheel drive. Big difference in price and resale value if you live in the NE part of the country. I think 4WD is at least $2,000 more on MSRP.
  • lilbthlilbth Member Posts: 4
    So they screwed me big time on the trade. Huh? Not good....What do you think I should have received for a 2007 Pilot with almost 50K miles? Is is in average condition with the usual paint chips on the front, etc... Any ideas?
  • gamshaftgamshaft Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD for $32,600 excluding doc fee of $197 and Sales Tax. Got $12,550 for trade in of 2005 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD with 78000 miles, needed tires and brakes. Clinton Honda, NJ
  • pilot2011pilot2011 Member Posts: 2
    Could you pls kindly tell me which dealer you bought your 2010 LX 2wd for 27825 in houston TX? I also want to buy this very base model and the lowest drive out I got is from Gillman honda at 28050. Thanks a lot.
  • oddvanoddvan Member Posts: 2
    Lilbth,

Dont listen to that talk, anyone can quickly check KBB or whoever, to see you got a good trade in.

There is always some fool online who will threadcr@p a deal.
  • bheem1bheem1 Member Posts: 5
    goodson north
  • bheem1bheem1 Member Posts: 5
    for 28050? do u get any option..in that case this deal is very good..as i bought the vehicle right from the truck..no accessory..$28050 with any accesssory is good deal..who worked with u in gilamn?
  • vindiesel1vindiesel1 Member Posts: 2
    Price Breakdown:

$34485 sale price
    $250 doc fees
    $1155 extended warranty (7year/100k/0 deduct). Didn't really want this, but had to make the wife happy.
    Lighted running boards, cargo tray, all weather floor mats thrown in the deal.

Dont think many dealerships can give this kind of deal (they told me they lost), but throw it out there as a target. You gotta be willing to walk out and go elsewhere. My other advice is on the warranty. My understanding is that $1050 is about dealers cost and you can find some dealers on the internet to sell at cost. Nonetheless, if you want it hook up with one of those internet companies and get a price quote so you have an idea of a good price.
    http://www.hyannishondacare.com/ gave me good prices, but there are others. I wouldn't buy any other dealer fluff like Simoniz, but thats my opinion.
  • pilot2011pilot2011 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much!
  • twin22twin22 Member Posts: 8
    I picked up my EX for 30,300 OTD in south florida. How did i do?
  • supergoosesupergoose Member Posts: 1
    Hi Twin22,

Your deal sounds good.
    Was that a fwd or 4wd pilot? and what was the price excluding sales tax?

Thanks!
  • shivarajanshivarajan Member Posts: 5
    Hi fellas,

Iam getting a quote for the above vehicle from a dealer (WA State) for $37650 plus tax, license. (assuming 200 max doc fees and destination included)

It feels very good price to me.... Edmonds Invoice is: 37,152 MSRP is:38,270

should i pull the trigger ?

_shiva
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    If it was AWD you did good.
  • thaisharkthaishark Member Posts: 19
    I just puchased a 2010 Pilot touring with Navi 4WD( no res ) for 36,686 +TTL. so this was just under 1K over invoice. I was not able to get the dealers any lower than this in my area ( Pa. )
    How did i do?
    Also does anyone have a line on a good website to order accessories from?
  • mms5mms5 Member Posts: 19
    Hi, Consumer Reports lists the bottom line price of $36,347 including a $805 dealer holdback, but not including destination of 710. So if you add 710 to 36,347 you get $37,057 which is pretty close to your quote. You would have to get down $600 more dollars to get to bottom line, but it sounds like a pretty good quote to me. Good luck with your new car. I am loving my 2wd touring!
  • broncoboazbroncoboaz Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone bought a Touring 2WD with RES? I'm in the market for one and would like to know what you paid.

Also, has anyone that has bought one noticed the Pilot pulls to the right? I've read multiple reviews where this has seemed to be a problem.

Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • mcmjr77mcmjr77 Member Posts: 5
    I just got the Touring (In Westchester County, NY) with out RES and paid $300 over Edmunds Invoice. They went to $36,006 before tax, title and tags. I think your MSPR is wrong. Your car should be closer to $40,245 then $750 destination. My TTL was accurate and they didn't inflate (I am an insurance agent so I was able to compare what others pay). Also they had only 1 in stock white w/ gray which we didn't want so I forced them to get me Black w/ black. You should be able to do better than $600 over invoice.
  • beefalobeefalo Member Posts: 9
    That sounds like a terrific price for a 2010 Pilot EX-L 4WD at $32,799. Did that price include the $710 destination charge/freight? I have been trying to buy the same vehicle in 2WD and the best price yet is $31,118 plus $710 plus ttl. Please let me know. Thanks,
  • hking2901hking2901 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2910 Pilot Touring 2wd RES for $35,850 plus tax (traded 04' pilot for 9k, so only paid tax on difference), title and license. Bought all season mats and cargo tray on ebay and having chrome tube running boards installed Tuesday for $300.

My husband also heard about pulling to right, but we have not noticed it at all.
    Yes my msrp was wrong in original post...!

Said that, I am working on a better deals to be done t'mm (WA State).

I will let u folks know all details once done!
    Right now the only thing Iam breaking my head with is "If u Google u can find few Honda dealership doing 0.9% for all Hondas", but majority (including my guy) is doing 1.9% for pilot for 36 months.

Folks have any idea? also is there anything to be cautious about on Honda financing? (i should not ">link titleface issues with approval)

link 1
    link 2 :confuse:
  • utvnututvnut Member Posts: 13
    Hello all.
    Just got a 2010 4WD Pilot, Touring, NAV &RES.
    $36664 including: installed running boards and dealer "appearance Package" of wheel well trim, door edge guards, pin stripes, wheel locks and mud flaps (but mud flaps already on it.)
    Add $710, VA tax and tags.
    Great deal I think compared to some internet rates offered. Also got a good trade.
    Traded a 2007 GMC Acadia loaded but mechanically VERY unreliable.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    You did fine on your trade. You can buy 07 pilot awd ex's- 50k miles all day long for the low 20's. Thats what they are advertised for -- not what they actually sell for. The dealer has to detail it fix the chips and squeeze a profit. I think he OVERpaid for your trade based on the increasing price of gas. Sleep well lilbth, don't let grinches rain on your parade. ;)
  • fib77fib77 Member Posts: 10
    Hello shivarajan,

I am also in VA and interested in Pilot touring. Which dealership did you get the vehicle from and also the salesman's name. Thanks so much.
  • shaitanshaitan Member Posts: 1
    That's before taxes and doc/registration fees (came out to be $133) but after destination fee. No accessories. I live in NYC. How did I do?

Thanks
  • fib77fib77 Member Posts: 10
    Hello,

I am also in VA and interested in Pilot touring. Which dealership did you get the vehicle from and also the salesman's name. Thanks so much.
  • juliawithtwojuliawithtwo Member Posts: 3
    I am getting quotes from multiple dealerships through their internet department. One is offering $33,200 + TTL with current financing. Do you think that's a good (enough) deal on a 2010 EX-L with RES, or do you think that I could get an even better deal at the end of the month, after Christmas? (I am in Austin, TX area, but we are shopping all the dealerships from Dallas down to San Antonio.)
  • cb35cb35 Member Posts: 27
    you want a good laugh search kellysim - some predictions in May/June 09 that didn't come true! LOL - indicating $6K incentive in Dec 09 and other bogus predictions. Just thought I would come back to the board to gloat - told her she was a moron then and still is still a moron 6 months later.

BTW Pilot is great got 09 EX-L 4WD just had the first oil change - its running great - excellent value for the money
  • genx1genx1 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Guys, looking for the above described model in Black in Southern California. What should I expect to pay? Is paying the invoice price reasonable? Can anyone recommend a dealership in the San Diego area?
    Ok Closed the deal with another dealer few hours ago and looks like a got a great deal (Please respond!).

My Story: Dealers in Seattle, WA area were little stubborn to give any kind of deal on Pilot Touring and advised to go for the deal iam getting (and I did).

Finally got hold of Herb Wisnor (Internet Sales) at Dick Hannah Honda (Vancouver, WA) - 170 Miles away from my home. They straight bet all dealer price and probably pennies less than Edmonds invoice itself, which felt awesome.

The best part was the dealer gave the option of refilling us if we drive or giving us a ride with family from Seattle to Vancouver, WA (wow) on their car....and we choose that, they came to our home and picked us up. And finally their document fees and title fees were least in the state and no excess at all.

Can't believe things worked so great (no bullying at all --Only the finance guy tried to push the extended warranty little hard, which i refused promptly forever until he gave up)

Drove back home our new baby (which was 13 miles when we picked it up).

2010 Honda Pilot Touring AWD with NAV & RES

Final Price : $37151.75 (includes destination)
    Title fee : $84.00 (Other dealers charged upto 250.00$)
    Document Fee: 50$ (yup that's it, others charge 150.00$ - 200.00$)

Also, we saved additional1% on sales tax due to location/county (1% is few hundreds when compared the price of the car). In total nice saving and not a bad drive home.

Got Honda financing at 1.9% APR, and that's it!!

So overall if worked just great for us. Guess a great place to buy car in WA state esp.

Here is little regret now (can't blame the dealer ship at all for this but will talk to them):
    The car was awesome BUT IT DID drift/pull to the right if u let the steering loose (as few complained --can't believe). Will talk to dealership and Honda about that. They better fix this damm issue with 2010 Pilots.

_shiva
  • ronakchokshironakchokshi Member Posts: 4
    pilot luver - where did you get your pilot from? it looks like you got a great deal.

all - i am looking for a 2010 pilot, 4wd, ex-l (no RES) in or near philadelphia, pa. what offers/deals have you gotten?

thanks
  • mcmjr77mcmjr77 Member Posts: 5
    I got mine in Brewster, NY: Brewster Honda. They are owned with 4 other dealerships. They are probably 3-4 hours from Philly. 1.9% was for 36 months, I took 2.9% for 60. When I picked mine up, there were 2 others getting Pilots that day. I also know they have a lot of EX-Ls but not sure about RES, etc.
  • citykid12citykid12 Member Posts: 3
    We decided to purchase a Pilot over the weekend. We haven't taken delivery yet, but we did sign the papers and put down $500. Just waiting for them to locate our color. Negotiated price was $32,790 before tax + TTL. OTD price was $36,053. Also included an all-weather package of all-season mats, pin stripping, and cargo liner. Is this a good deal? Does anyone know what the actual dealer cost is for this vehicle?
    edmonds lists an invoice price of $33,550 for your car. i think the dealer pays a destination charge on top of the invoice. so it looks like you got a really good deal. where did get your pilot from? we are looking for one now.
    We purchased from McGrath Honda (Chicago).
  • gotapilotgotapilot Member Posts: 4
    Got a 2010 Pilot EX-L (no RES) today for $33,317.40 OTD. I live in Northern VA but drove about an hour to MD to get the color and price I wanted. I submitted inquiry for quotes online with several dealerships. A few came back with really good prices, but this was definitely the best deal offered. Very happy with the price and the vehicle.
    @citykid12

Putting $$ down just on negotiated price may not be the best way.
    Title and doc fee vary huge from dealer to dealer from $50 - 500$.

A general piece of advice is to put advance cash down against OTD price (out the door price :which is negotiated price with destination+ title+document fee + tax)
  • cmancdf1cmancdf1 Member Posts: 18
    Yes it did. That was final price before taxes and doc/plate fees.
    Thanks. I agree. We received an OTD price of $36,053 before we put down a deposit.
  • pilot_luverpilot_luver Member Posts: 30
    Hi,
    Yes I am sure that I got a great deal because the largest local Honda Dealer, who I leased a vehicle from 2 yrs ago and had a great relationship refused to even match the price, let alone beat it. He was asking for $700 more than what I got.
    I am located in Harrisburg, and the dealer was Ciocca Honda in Hummelstown. Very very professional dealer, with no pressure whatsoever. They have a dealership in Allentown they have a great relationship with, who might be able to give you the same price. I was able to get my dealer down to this price after giving him a competitive quote that I got online from Hudson Honda based out of New Jersey. I never went to this dealership... sounded like a high pressure place to me.
    Let me know if you have any other questions!
    Did you get a 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive? What was your negotiated price (without tax, title and tags)?
    It is 4WD. Vehicle selling price was $32,255 including the destination charge. Dealer processing charge was just $100 then taxes, etc. on top of that. They told us they were running an internet special that had been extended because their business was hit hard over the weekend due to snow. We got very similar price quotes from a couple of other Honda dealers, but this was came out the best thanks to the low dealer processing fee.
    Woops, let me correct myself. The selling price was $32,155 (31,445 + 710 destination charge). I read the wrong line on the receipt initially and included the $100 dealer processing charge in the price listed in my previous message.
  • roinctroinct Member Posts: 7
    My wife and I purchased a 2010 Pilot Touring AWD (no RES) for "approximately" $35,838.42 (which includes the $710 destination fee). Just to be clear, this vehicle has a $39,355 MSRP, $35,706 invoice, $36,666 TrueCar Great Price and $35,318 TrueCar TrueCost. I calculate the real price for my own purposes assuming $0 doc fee (which is just a dealer fee), $163 registration fee for CT and $784 MSRP price for the LED running boards that I added. The OTD price was $38,982.76 based on 6% CT tax. The official purchase documentation shows a vehicle sale price around the TrueCost, higher DMV fee (for dealer processing) and higher cost on the LED running boards (for installation).

A few major factors working against us are (1) Touring AWD inventory really seems pretty limited (as others have noted), (2) the specific color combination that I wanted as a strong first choice was very limited and (3) I was in a bit of a hurry as I really needed the car no later than mid-next week. Fortunately I am in the NYC metro area and able to contact a wide range of dealers.

I purchased my vehicle at DCH Academy Honda in Old Bridge, NJ. They really stood out through this 3-4 day process in putting forth a competitive initial internet quote, not engaging in the repeated calls to ask me come to the dealer to meet them, accepting my counter-offer AND they were one of the very few dealers that had the exact car on the lot. I had a lower quote in hand and several promises to meet/beat any offer, but the no-BS attitude and having the car in inventory made it worth my while to go to DCH Academy. If I had more time and flexibility on color, I definitely know I could have saved at least a few hundred dollars by pushing more dealers.

I'm happy to share more details/thoughts/suggestions if anyone wants it. I'm satisfied with the net result although it wasn't quite as satisfying as purchasing my Odyssey Touring a few years ago at $1500 below invoice. Good luck to everyone.
  • ednemednem Member Posts: 7
    Finalizing a purchase at $36200+ destination+tax+fee+tag, of Pilot 4WD NAV and RES. Most dealers are trying to make $1500 over invoice, just try to be around invoice of any model pilot. Ciocca Honda of Harrisburg PA gave a quote of $35998+ destination+tax+fee+tag. I think that is negotiable but I did not try to haggle on the price because they dont have my color.
    Below are the invoice,msrp of 2010 4WD pilot
    MSRP INVOICE Diff (msrp-invoice)
    -------- ------------ -------
    LX: 29495 26728 2767
    EX: 32345 29303 3042
    EX-L: 35445 32104 3341
    EX-L Res: 37045 33550 3495
    Touring Nav+Res: 40245 36442 3803
  • pilot_luverpilot_luver Member Posts: 30
    Ciocca is a great dealership. I would highly recommend it. Go to Mark Shellenberger and give him my reference. They actually accepted the fact that they are willing to go below invoice to make a market as they are in a very competitive market right now. There are some big names in the Harrisburg area which have been around for a while.
    We picked up an EX-L AWD yesterday for $33K (including dest. but not title, tax, etc.) in Philadelphia.

How'd we do?
    I agree, most PA dealers are willing to sell at invoice. Your prices from Ciocca do not include the $700 destination don't forget.
  • ednemednem Member Posts: 7
    Ciocca price included destinaion price. My quote of $36200 is a maryland dealership.