Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• auto33auto33 Member Posts: 5
    Nope, I received my quote here in East side a 4WD EX for $30,238.00 OTD. But unfortunately, I don't like the color they have in their lot. So I need to wait a color I wanted. I know it's hard to negotiate, but you need to have a lot of patience and at the same time do your homework. Compare what everybody else's paying. I had another quote for $34,400.00 OTD on 4WD EX-L w/res.
  • bostonloubostonlou Member Posts: 11
    awful how dealers straight out lie ... send him this link and ask wtf

http://automobiles.honda.com/2012-pilot/
  • augie23augie23 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for posting the link, bostonlou. It was an obvious lie to try to persuade me to buy now. I didn't realize the 2012s will be coming out so soon - just next month. Thanks again for your help.
  • cradleoffilthcradleoffilth Member Posts: 2
    Kind of looks like a Nitro. . . disappointing style change imo.
  • cradleoffilthcradleoffilth Member Posts: 2
    Combined MSRP: $76,215, got them both for $69,040 plus tags/tax. Also had 3 trade-ins, but the price for the Hondas was established prior to trade-in prices. Paid $137 below invoice, combined.
  • yhfly09yhfly09 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Hi auto,
    I got an OTD price for 2011 pilot LX 4wd, $29,000. the tax is 7%!
    Don't know it is a good price or not?
    any idea?

Anyone knows about the recall of this model?

thanks!
  • antons911antons911 Member Posts: 66
    I am not an expert, but, I would say that since all the documents were signed, it is there bad, and the deal should have been left the way it is.

You coming back so based on your own assumptions, you should have said, all papers are signed, you agreed to the deal, the deal is done.

PS, I would consult with attorney since the deal was already done when then they called you.
  • guillguill Member Posts: 94
    I just purchased a new 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 2wd yesterday and paid $30,155 (minus TT&L).

I'm very happy with the price we got and look forward to enjoying our new Pilot.
  • mgrsmithmgrsmith Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2011 4WD Touring for 35,199 with a sticker of 41,480. That included destination fee but not tax, title or registration fees. I bought it from Silko Honda in Raynham
  • pilotnparadisepilotnparadise Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2011 pilot exl 4wd navi white. paid $34700 + tax(4.712%) + title.
    The dealer threw in floor mats carpet & all weather and all weather cargo tray. Its not a bad deal for hawaii.
  • btpd327btpd327 Member Posts: 9
    Have a quote on a New 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L Navi 4wd for $33,855 is that a good price.....thanks in advance.

Philadelphia
  • mseenviromseenviro Member Posts: 64
    This forum is very helpful. I trolled it for several days and it gave me a good deal of ammo to use when negotiating on my Pilot.

Because of the help and knowledge I gained from this forum, I was able to purchase a Dark Cherry with Black interior 2011 Pilot, EX-L 4x4 (no NAV or RES) for $32,200 before tt&l from Flow Honda in Winston-Salem. They made the process simple. I dealt with the sales manager and after the second trip to see them I was able to do the deal. The 0.9% financing also made it very attractive.

This is my second Pilot and I am very pleased. Thanks to everyone for their help!
  • bigrinbigrin Member Posts: 18
    Nice job Mseen, you pretty much low ticked it.
  • bigrinbigrin Member Posts: 18
    If it's out the door it's a great price.
  • mrsklinermrskliner Member Posts: 2
    I'm in Philly and have been shopping for that same trim level. Sounds like a great price for Navi. Mind posting name of dealer and salesman? I havent had great success w/local dealer. THanks.
    I brought my New 2011 Pilot EX-L Navi 4WD for $33,855 Plus Taxes and Tags at Solane Honda......they have one left with after Market DVD for $35,000 even. Still a much better deal that I got any where else. Ask for Manager Al Cramer or Al Thompson.....tell them Mr. Lam sent you to get that price.

Navi is hard to get.....Burns Honda have one in white but wouldn't get go under $35,900 and Hamilton Honda have one too.

Good luck
  • mrsklinermrskliner Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. Blue tooth and USB port for an IPOD are included in the NAVI version?
  • mseenviromseenviro Member Posts: 64
    Thanks. I actually had a slightly lower price, but it was 50 miles away. One week in and I am loving the Pilot!
  • wrikerwriker Member Posts: 1
    Please help on this quote. honda pilot EX-L , 12K mi/ yr, no nav, no res......list is 36,680 and they quoted me adjusted cap cost of 33K. All in (inc sales tax ) they say $507 / month. I think this is way high

I am paying 490/mnth for a 2008 Ex-L lease with 20k mi per yr and expected to pay lower just by going to 12k miles per yr.

What price range would constitute a good deal ?
  • chwang01chwang01 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased the car (MSRP 41,630) for 500 under invoice, which resulted in an out the door price of $40,000. Did I pay too much?
    What is your state sale tax ?? That seems high, as I just brought a new 2011 Honda Pilot EXL Navi 4x4 for $33855 plus tax and tags.....Res is only another $1000. Either way you have a great truck.
  • cuterashcuterash Member Posts: 2
    which Houston dealership quoted you price on EX model .
  • sargondizzosargondizzo Member Posts: 20
    Has anyone purchase the 2012 Touring yet? If so, how much did you pay before taxes? I am looking to purchase within the next few weeks and want a feel for the market. link title has insignificant recent sales to give a true cost in my area (NYC). Please help!
  • pghattypghatty Member Posts: 4
    Check out weymouth honda. They list the sales price for all models.
    Thank You pghatty! This is an awesome resource that I have never seen or used before.
  • brwndoggybrwndoggy Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2011
    drove a new Ex-L Nav in Austin this past weekend and wanted to share some initial impressions.

Dealer offers no haggle pricing. 37.3 msrp, 36.2 plus tax/fee's. Not that special but pricing is higher to keep 2011's moving and they only have one 2012....

Here's some feedback since we don't have a 2012 category yet.

Pros:
    1. Grill - looks much better, losing the transformer grill is nice. This is personal opinion for sure
    2. Sound proofing - they've added wheel well materials and I read better windshield. Driving, it's still louder than our 2004 mdx.
    3. Inside - Dash is improved and radio/nav is much better (caught up)
    4. Driving - drove like a suv, brakes felt better than mdx which makes me think they improved braking distance but this could be difference between 8 year old mdx and new pilot... Would love a review/test on this part.
    5. Mileage. trip computer claims I was getting 18mpg driving the truck fairly hard. MDX shows less than 10 when driving in city so ...
    6. Seats - Son driving in the 2nd row said the seats were more comfortable than our MDX.

Cons.
    1. Tires - not sure about the Low resistance tires. Not a real con, just concern that this will impact stopping distance.
    2. Look - while better, would like more refreshing look for this boxy truck.
    3. Not much else to report.

So, going to wait for more to arrive and costs come down as there are only 1-2 at dealers right now.
  • ct44ct44 Member Posts: 8
    I traded in my 2003 Honda Pilot EX-L Nav, with 225,000 miles on it, and purchased a 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L Nav, which I picked up yesterday. The dealership I went with gave me the best trade in, $4,300 (the transmission/4WD was failing and the catalytic converter needed work/replacement to pass emissions). The sales price was 34,200, before two options I added - remote start and chrome/wood trim package - along with the Simoniz Glasscoat application. They did not have the color I wanted but were able to get it for me which was nice, as most dealerships around here have a lot of 2012's but very limited 2011's.

The first time I saw the actual car I was buying was when I went to pick it up - there were 2 scratches and an overall mediocre detail job, so they spent 20 minutes to touch it up and clean it before I would sign for it. I was a bit disappointed that they used the valet key for the remote start instead of making another key for it, but I can buy another - I find it handy to keep in the car so I can move/use it anytime. My first impression was that the satellite radio reception was less that what I was getting with my magnetic roof top attenna I had on my old Pilot, and that was the hissing noise I would hear while driving. Other than that, I have my fingers crossed that I can get the same mileage I got from my last Pilot.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Wow! 225,000 miles! That's impressive. Hopefully I'll be able to get that many out of my 2011 EX-L w/ NAV Pilot. I picked it up 5/19/11 & 4 months later have over 6100 miles. Time for my 1st oil change.

Any tips you could share for having that Pilot go for so long?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• brwndoggybrwndoggy Member Posts: 41
    Who else is seeing mostly 2012's? We're seeing very few 2012's in TX (Austin at least) and I checked the MA dealer offering great prices but had zero in stock...
  • green69green69 Member Posts: 17
    Check out Weymouth Honda,s site. They show the lease prices on every model Honda . They also show the price they will sell a car for.
  • ct44ct44 Member Posts: 8
    Hey good luck with your same car! The only think I did to keep it running was to follow the Honda recommended service schedule - nothing special at all. The car still looked great when I traded it in, and I would have kept it longer if not for the $5k transmission plus up to $2k emissions work it needed. Having driven my new one for 4 days I am still not happy with the loss of satilitte signal on the radio, so I am going to try to research it to see if anything can be done - it is definitely much less receptive that the self installed magnetic roof top install I had before.

What kind of mileage are you getting so far on your Pilot? Just filled it this morning for the first time and I think I got around 20 mpg.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    It definitely isn't great. My wife does most of the driving around town & she has a heavy foot. Her worst was 13.4 mpg 2 weeks ago. She's averaging about 15.5 - 16 mpg. I took it to work one week, set the cruise at 60 & got 19.5 mpg. Either way, it costs $75 per week to fill up.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• pghattypghatty Member Posts: 4
    Bought a 2012 in pittsburgh. 3 dealers gave me the same internet price of 33670 including destination.
  • bchris1bchris1 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for 2012 ex-l w/ nav. Best price so far is 35,400 (pre-tax etc.). What do you guys think?
  • mike_lamike_la Member Posts: 3
    Just got mine last week.

MSRP 37,080
    Price paid; 31,000 + TTL
    -no cost: premium running boards, cross bars, new front grill, cargo net, wheel locks.

This seems like the going rate right now as they clear house for 2012's
    I wouldn't even bother with the 2012 EX-L with Nav. They skimp out on a lot of features that they gave in the 2011 version (upgraded stereo, etc) that they looked over for the 2012 models. It seems to get all the fun stuff, you need to get the Touring when purchasing the 2012's. This was very disappointing for me so I decided to get the 2011 EX-L w/Nav instead since I felt I got more bang for my buck. The 2012 Touring was just a bit more than I wanted to spend and I really didn't have use or want to spend the extra $$$ for the entertainment system and power lift gate.
    What state do you live in mike_la? I am guessing CA but want to be sure. I just purchased from Autosport Honda in Bridgewater, NJ (Terry). I feel like I got a good deal but then saw your post and wanted to kick myself. lol I bought a 2011 EX-L w/Nav with Running Boards and Remote Start for 34600 + TTL. MSRP 40,150.
    I live CA, Los Angeles area. So you should take into account that my tax and reg rates are probably higher than NJ. Also, it took 3 days to get to that deal.
  • sw81sw81 Member Posts: 2
    I paid 40,800 OTD for a 2011 touring with accessories: cross bars, cargo cover, interior and steering wood trim.

Unfortunately when I dropped off the car at the dealer for the accessories Honda says they don't have the wood trim anymore, although 6 dealers gave me price quotes on it the weekend before last when I was buying, and Honda still had it listed on their Honda build website today as available.

I contacted the Honda customer service number and they agreed they had screwed up, not the dealer, and they would try and fix the problem. Anybody else hear of Honda, not a dealer, screwing up on accessories and how did it get resolved?
  • antons911antons911 Member Posts: 66
    Can you tell me what dealer was that? Was it direct negotiation or thru costco?

I keep thinking if I should get 2011 or wait for the 2012 price drops a little. I love the new grill, better millage and power tailgate in EXL....but worrying if the price for 2012 never gets that close to the 2011.
  • sw81sw81 Member Posts: 2
    It was Ourisman in Laurel MD. I had about 6 or 7 offers that weekend for the same car in either black or white exterior, black leather. I had 4 dealers price match (Crisswell in Germantown, Pohanka in Marlow Heights, and Northwest in Owing Mills), this was just the first one to price match black exterior which we had a slight preference.

I asked for price quotes through Edmunds, Consumer Reports, and truecar.com. When those came in I emailed the dealers back with a request for an OTD price with the options I wanted and my color choices. Also important to tell them the state you are in since Virginia and Maryland have different fees.

I got the other 3 to match Pohanka which had the lowest price, but in white.

I never met my salesman until I drove up to sign the paperwork
  • tchautchau Member Posts: 2
    Hi Mike,
    Would you please with me the name of the saleman and dealer where you got your car LA. It seems a great deal.
    Thanks Mike
    Tuan
    The dealership is Honda of Santa Monica in California. We're forbidden from posting sales people names in this forum. I was just there, they still have some 2011 EX's left. No more EX-L's, possibly one touring edition but it had a sold sign on it.
  • pilot2012_exlpilot2012_exl Member Posts: 8
    Any luck with better pricing on 2012 EXL, I am also looking for one but without NAV So far best price quote is 33100 including destination + taxes

Seems like they are getting into the dealerships now with good numbers.
  • donvpdonvp Member Posts: 6
    Best offer I have for 2012 EXL before TTL is $31,700.00 in Dallas, TX.
    Is that for 2WD or 4WD? if for 4wd and including the destination i would pull the trigger.

Any other fellow 2012 pilot shoppers outthere, please keep posting.
  • donvpdonvp Member Posts: 6
    That is for 2WD including H+D. I wish that was for 4WD. Do you think I can negotiate it lower?
  • bbarrymdbbarrymd Member Posts: 6
    priced a lease yesterday for a 2012 Touring 4WD - no money down 3 year, 45K mile - $541/month I turing in a previously leased pilot as well which may or may not have influenced the deal.
  • jbloggsjbloggs Member Posts: 8
    I'm also in the market for 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L with Navi. The best price I have been quoted is $36,700 Out-The-Door . Is this considered a great deal, good deal or just an average deal?
    we are both sitting with offers of around 300 above dealer cost from trucr for our respective vehicles. I am not sure whether we will save much from here unless someone else has a pretty drastic offer or knowledge of hidden incentives from Honda based on their sales are down for the month of sept.