Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• motichormotichor Member Posts: 32
    Ahhhh!!!! I did not know that the Online Dealers cannot sell in CA.
    I think you could have still got a quote from them and taken a print out with you showing the price. Honda Care can be used Nationwide and so even if I brought my Warranty online I should be able to use it to Service at a California Dealer. On the other hand, comparing the Price you got on the Car, you can definitely ignore those 300$.
    Good Luck and Happy Driving !!!
  • spectre357spectre357 Member Posts: 6
    Oh, I tried, but California doesn't even come up in the selection boxes on their web sites. This is because of a California law that prevents companies from selling insurance within the state under certain circumstances. Bernardi went to court about it, but they ultimately lost the case. I'm not sure how Curry is getting away with it, because they're in Massachusetts like Bernardi and Hyannis.

In either case, I'm happy - back in 2009, I bought a 4WD Touring w/RES (which was optional in '09) for myself for $35,500, and paid $1,700 for the warranty. The new one is for my wife (total lie, it's so she stops borrowing mine all of the time.)
    2009 was a great year ... I paid 32200+TTL on my 4WD EXL with RES. That was almost 2000$ below Invoice.
    The best part was I could trade it in for 22500$ + Got a Check from Insurance for 7100$ (Hail Damage) -- Thus, 29,600$ for a 3 yr old Car was just too good of a deal and hence went with the Upgrade to Touring.
  • pilot_nextpilot_next Member Posts: 2
    Hi does it include sales tax etc ? Is it a OTD price ?
  • cay_chanh27cay_chanh27 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2012
    Showroom Pilot MSRP 39600
    Options include roof rails, cross bars, Tint, Pro seal package, premium chrome running boards, door guards, RES, wheel locks. Not sure why options cost so much.
    Haggled with salesman for about an hour, they wanted to deal at $34500 plus ttl = roughly 36700 OTD.
    I did not take the deal and countered 34000 plus ttl and walked out the door. It was close but last time i bought a CR-V I caved in. They called me back and said $34000 is ok. Nevertheless, now I'm thinking about it and not sure if I'll take the deal. It is a good deal or I can just try and get EX-L with above options without the RES for slightly cheaper? Looks like someone was able to get EX-L basic 2WD model for roughly $31100
  • alextroyalextroy Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_Man

Can you please post May money factor and residual figures for 2012 Honda Pilot EX 4WD, lease for 15k miles per year, zip code is 11803.

Thanks!
  • bentorcanbentorcan Member Posts: 2
    Got a quote for : $37,800, including destination, is this a good price?

Thanks
  • reddyrreddyr Member Posts: 6
    Hi cay
    I got the PILOT EXL 2WD with RES for around 32K +TTL with tint, door gaurds, wheel locks , all weather mats , cargo mat and pin stripe. (OTD - 34250) in Dallas Area.

I think running board and roof rack will be $1500 more .

Hope this info help you
    Reddy
    Thx for your input reddy. Exactly what I wanted to hear. How do you like the RES? I'm still contemplating on getting it. I have a 11 month old boy whom will be watching movies on it :P.
    edited May 2012
    You should be easily able to get for around $35,500 including destination for a Touring. If you are in TX area, then I am definitely sure about it. You may have to haggle a bit though. Ask them not to put Pin Stripes and all the other rubbish add ons that the dealers add. You can buy them separately for about 300$ (Dealers charge 1600$ for the same). See the deal that Reddy got and it will give you an idea.
    Last but not the least, make sure you ask them to throw in the All Weather Mats. The cloth ones that come with the Honda are pathetic (they don't even have the logo anymore) and you will need the All Weather ones (cost about 150$ online and 200$ in store).
    edited May 2012
    Hi Cay
    I have 2 kids so RES is very effective because its in built in and comes with 2 sets of wireless headsets . DVD controls all built in your CD/DVD area and even RES is ON you can play your music when kids are enjoying their movie with head sets. After market won't give you that added advantage .

EXL with RES also comes with 120V power i feel very effective when you are on road more time. no need of any conversion plugs for your laptop.

So far i m loving my vehicle. looking to add roof rails and running boards in future.
    Hope this helps
    REDDY
  • pilot_nextpilot_next Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am looking for a used 2012 Pilot at autotrader.com, just don't understand
    why these used 2012 Pilot is priced equal or more than a brand new one, I mean more than
    the paid prices reported here or quotes from the dealers....and I check most of them don't have
    expensive add ons...
    I know you can always talk the price down...but what is the point for marking it higher
    than a new one(same trim level) ? Buyers arn't stupid right ?
    Is there any reason ?

Examples:
    EX(3030 miles) 31900$
    LX(5813 miles) 28995$
    EX-L (754 miles) 32900$
    EX-L w/NAV (4127 miles) 35477$
    Touring 2wd (943 miles ) 37991$
  • bentorcanbentorcan Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, I am looking at PA, ML,NJ area
    Looks like i'll just negotiate for the EXL 2WD w/RES.
    The premium chrome running boards go for $500 on ebay and the roof rails with cross bars go for $360. Unless the dealership puts them on for about $1k, I'd go the DIY route.
  • unospam777unospam777 Member Posts: 6
    Hi spectre357,
    what dealer did you purchase from. that sounds great, I'm looking to get one by the end of May.
    Thanks in advance. (Also in Orange county, CA.)
  • ihatevt2ihatevt2 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2012
    I am looking for a Pilot EX-L 2WD with Nav in the Dallas area. Has anyone gotten a good deal in the Dallas area?
  • crhodes2crhodes2 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the St. Louis area and am exploring a 2012 EX-L 4wd. Before proceeding to various dealers I thought I would ask what is a good price for this auto. I saw a posting months ago about $32,500 paid in the Frontenac area with something about a $750 downpayment assistance.
    Is $32,500 doable?
  • civictorycivictory Member Posts: 73
    It's been a year since we purchased; but some of the information in my posts from that time period might be helpful to you, if you want to go to the trouble of searching for them.

We have a 2011 Pilot and a 2008 Civic. Both were purchased new. In both cases, I sought quotes from nearly all of the Honda dealerships in the DFW metroplex. In both cases, Rusty Wallis had the lowest quote before add-ons. We purchased the Civic from Rusty Wallis. We purchased the Pilot from Huggins Honda in Fort Worth because they matched the quote from Rusty Wallis and threw in some add-ons for virtually nothing.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • spectre357spectre357 Member Posts: 6
    Hi, sorry for the lagged response - was on vacation last week.

The dealer was Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano. Please bear in mind that I was taking advantage of a perfect storm (from a buyer's perspective):

1 - I was buying toward the end of the "Honda's Really Big Sales Event" in April. The dealership's management was particularly receptive to offers, even those with slim margins, because even those deals helped to ensure that they hit their sales target for the factory-to-dealer incentives.

2 - They had the vehicle on the lot. This eliminated the need to try and work a trade with another dealer (that could fall through.)

3 - We had pre-qualified for the 1.9% APR from Honda Financial Services before we approached them. This removed the, "can they get financed", variable from the equation.

With the inventory availability and financing out of the way, it simply came down to everyone needing to conduct themselves well.
  • nheindlnheindl Member Posts: 2
    which dealership did you get the 32K + TTL for PILOT EXL with RES deal at?
    I am in dallas area too.
    hi nheindl
    my dealer is honda cars of mckinney.
    let me know if you need any more details. i bought it last week of last month.
    Thanks
    Reddy
    edited May 2012
    Hi
    I bought 2012 PILOT EXL 2WD with RES for 32K + TTL from honda of mckinney. Hope this info help you.
    Thanks
    Reddy
  • david_leondavid_leon Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Hello, Edmunds Readers:

I just purchased a new Alabaster Silver Metallic with Gray interior 2012 Honda Pilot Touring 4WD Automatic from Open Road Honda in Edison, NJ for $36,000 including destination charge. I also paid a $100 fee, the registration fee and taxes. From start to finish, the transaction (including a test drive, financing and purchasing the vehicle) lasted 2-3 hours. Professionalism, courtesy and respect was the order of the day. I was able to obtain 1.9% interest financing offered by Honda Financial Services for 60 months. An application is available online.
  • ihatevt2ihatevt2 Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone bought from Honda Cars of Mckinney in May? They seem to be running some deals with 0% APR for 60 months on Pilot's. They are listing Pilot EXL for $31064, seems like a good deal. Anyone get a good deal with the special 0% APR?
  • swedishhammerswedishhammer Member Posts: 2
    I don't think that is legit. I have seen 0.9 and 1.9, the 0% is a dealer buy down which will cost you money in the end. I would stick to 0.9% if it's an option. Seems like you have been offered a good deal. I looked at the 2012 Pilot Touring models, all list around 40-41k MSRP around the metroplex but they come down immediately to around 36k (internet pricing as they say). From there it's more of a haggle over add-ons.

have anyone had much luck on haggling over the few add-ons which you may add to a Touring (more external visors, etc). I got down to 35.5 including dest/del charge + TTL, before add-ons or even the idea of trade-in.

I checked at Rusty Wallis, McNatt ..
  • unospam777unospam777 Member Posts: 6
    Got mine for $35,800, no accessories. I hope that was good since Truecar.com says Dealer cost is $35,921, but I am losing trust in that website since Truecar was bought-out. As well, if there is a 2% hold-back then I think this was a fair price for Southern Cali. (I should have thought of the holdback during negotiations, oh well.)

(truecar.com : Up until a week ago it showed the hi-lo range of prices, now just the average; and a year ago it showed the trend line so you could see if it was rising or falling over previous months.)

Anyway, I got email/website quotes through various sources and then contacted other appealing dealers (dealerrater.com/google ratings/yelp) to see if they could beat my lowest quote. Then at the dealership, a little more negotiation (at the end of the month).
  • asasin112asasin112 Member Posts: 9
    Just leased a 2012 4x4 EX-L w/Nav in NY for $463.50 a month, all taxes and lease fee included. First month waived. Just paid DMV + Title upfront. MSRP $39,150 and sell price was $34,418.32.
  • wallstreet1234wallstreet1234 Member Posts: 41
    Any money down?
  • alextroyalextroy Member Posts: 7
    that sounds like a good deal. would you mind sharing what dealer this was?
    $0 money down. only dmv + title OOP. this was millenium honda. i signed the deal on May 31st. dealership was quite motivated to sell. they even made 1st payment for me.
  • tegal3tegal3 Member Posts: 13
    Hi, I received a quote from local dealer for 2012 LX 2WD with no extras (except for all season floor mat and cargo tray) for $27100 OTD (including tax, document fee, destination fee, etc). Is that a good price? Thank you.
  • jhibbittjhibbitt Member Posts: 1
    Today, I contacted a local dealer about a 2012 4WD touring. I was quoted the price below. Please tell me what your thoughts are.

SUV - $38,100 (includes dest.)
    Running Boards - $750.00
    Total Vehicle price of $38,850 + Tax, Title & Registration

Any thoughts out there on the price? I was told the dealer doesn't cut into holdback during negotiations and that they were giving me their $500.00 factory incentive. Please keep in mind to that this dealer includes a 7yr, 100,000k mile limited warranty with all of their new vehicle purchases.

What do you think?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    How many miles per year are included in your lease?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• tnjaytnjay Member Posts: 1
    I think the price is excellent. The price for LX here in TN is around 27,200 even before tax and other fees. Could you tell me the name of the dealership and Location?
    12k miles.
  • tegal3tegal3 Member Posts: 13
    The name of the dealership is Autopark in Cary , North Carolina.
    I ended up buying 2 cars, Pilot 2012 LX 2WD for me ( a gift from my wife for early fathers day and early birthday , paid $27100 OTD including all season floor mat and cargo tray) and 2012 CR-V LX AWD for my wife (Paid $23900 OTD including mud guard only). I hope I did well with the price.
  • pollfabpollfab Member Posts: 3
    I'm in the Seattle Bellevue area. I've only contacted two dealers so far (and am scheduled to go for a test drive this weekend at a third dealer to see what the Costco price is.) I haven't seen either invoice.

Dealer #1 offered it up at 36,899 (not including tax + document fee)
    Dealer #2 offered 36,430 (")

This morning Dealer #1 sent an email and just asked me to name a price and he will send back a simple yes or no.

I'm not really sure how low I should go. Any advice? Should I also ask him to throw in the cargo tray & floor mats?

Also how do I take the $500 factory to dealer incentive into account?

I am very new to this. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
  • rs_gars_ga Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    I got one at Atlanta area for $34.700 drive out (non-acessories and with all charges, tax), in the end I payed 35,700 driveout with roof rack + cross bar and premium side board, and, as bonus, a cargo tray. I contacted 5 dealer and negociated. Some really did not want make a deal, others a kind, I closed the deal with one that was very nice. My first contact was in my city where i did the test drive, the seller offered for ~$38k driveout. I sent email asking e-price to the same dealer shop, in the same day, and internet seller offered it for ~ 3k less. I was amazed the difference of the price and the much better attendment i had by internet. Then, I contact other dealers only by e-mail and phone. I had better treatment and it saved me a lot time. I am happy of my Honda, and I guess i got decent price on it.
  • pollfabpollfab Member Posts: 3
    Thank you. I guess the worst that can happen is that they'll reject the offer.
  • cutthemusiccutthemusic Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease a 2012 4WD EX or 4WD EX-L. I'm wondering if anyone knows the Money Factor and Residual percentage that Honda is currently offering for a zero or little down 36/12,000. Any other incentive info would be appreciated.
  • rock70592rock70592 Member Posts: 2
    After much debate and research throughout this forum, I was able to get what I thought was the best deal possible in louisiana.

$29,320
  • thenderson78thenderson78 Member Posts: 1
    Good deal?

38,700 (includes dest and black side steps)
    229 administrative fee
    4 lien fee
    1 tire fee
    3,367.36 (KS sales tax)

Total: 42,301.36

Thoughts?
  • ilepf123ilepf123 Member Posts: 4
    Is it a 2WD or 4WD?

I got one of $30800+Tax+Doc fee($300) at Utah.
  • rock70592rock70592 Member Posts: 2
    It was 2WD, so far we love it. Well it is for my wife with our expanding family, we were needing something slightly bigger than the accord.
  • verybeegverybeeg Member Posts: 19
    I just got 2 quotes in PA (phila area). Both provided money factor of 0.00039, which is about 0.9%. Residual % was quoted at 53% for the EX-L and 50% on the Touring. The residual on the EX-L is $20,537.50.

I got 2 quotes for the 4wd EX-L with Entertainment Pack: $35,067 and $34.992. I was also quoted for a Touring for $38,349.

I saw 2 people got the Touring for about $36,000 in May. Still waiting on other quotes to see if I can get something close to that.
    I got a quote of $30800+Tax+Doc fee($300). How is it? Thanks
    I got more quotes today. One dealer in NJ quoted the the EXL4W with Entertainment for $33,462, more than $2200 less than other quotes I got in PA. Yet, that dealer charges quite a lot in fees, about $2200 more. By the time I factored in all the fees, I'd better off getting the car in PA. (Plus, fees must be paid up front.)

When getting a quote, make sure you check all the fees. Window etching, car cleaning, doc fees, tire fees, etc. can quickly add up.
    Does it have the entertainment pack? do they charge other fees besides doc fee? which dealer did you get that quote from?
    Nevada.
  • legosalloverlegosallover Member Posts: 1
    Hi All, I was interested in buying a 2012 Pilot EX-L and have a quote of $33225 in San Diego. Is this a good price? It seems to be what I've gotten from a few different dealerships in my area.

Thanks!