Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• txbz751txbz751 Member Posts: 9
    I need some opinons and of course...help. We have been offered 33,742 plus tax (6%) and 203 TTL out the door. This is in Western PA. Is this a good offer? Has anyone gotten better in the area?

Thanks,

Jason
  • samynextlsuvsamynextlsuv Member Posts: 3
    I am in NJ and I got offer of 33500 + TAX + TTL. So i think it is OK but not very good. I am looking for price upto 32000 +TAX+TTL.
  • txbz751txbz751 Member Posts: 9
    Mine is a 4WD if that makes a difference.
  • 07clemsonalum07clemsonalum Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Best price quote I got for a 2013 EX 2WD is $29,627 OTD compared to $32,500 MSRP.
  • actuary67actuary67 Member Posts: 16
    Just paid 35,589 (includes destination) in northern CT
    + 2,260 (6.35% CT sales tax)
    + 399 (doc fee)
    + 188 (DMV registration fees)
    ---------------
    38,436 OTD
  • boslaw71boslaw71 Member Posts: 7
    $30555 + $349 doc +$100 transfer plates + tax

In MA

I got the price via internet. 2 dealers offered - Boch in MA and Peters Honda in NH offered to match Boch's price via internet + give a lifetime powertrain warranty.

I was actually in the car on the way to Peters to get the car but I called ahead to check on the deal one last time (I had spent an entire day emailing back & forth with Peters' internet rep). When I told her I wanted to confirm because I didn't want to be disappointed after driving 1 hour, she said they couldn't match after all, they would be taking a $4k loss, etc. etc. Good thing I didn't get all the way there - I would have been RIPPED. I gave her an earful for wasting my time and offering to match a price if they really couldn't.

Changed direction and drove to Boch. Good buying experience. Never had to speak to anyone by phone until I went into the store to buy the car. All price negotiations done by email. They didn't try to negotiate ANYTHING when I got there - I told them up front I didn't want accessories, etc., and they didn't bother trying. They just honored the price they quoted. I told the finance guy I didn't want the "service" plan - he said he had to go through the options because it was company policy but he did it quickly for me. No problems. Took longer than it should have waiting around for finance, etc., but still pretty smooth.

Good luck. Not many 12's left.
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Will the 2014 model year be a complete redesign? The 2014 Pilot will debut in fall of 2013.

Thanks!
  • hatebuyincarshatebuyincars Member Posts: 1
    NJ chiming in here. Just picked up a Honda Pilot EX 4wd price: 30,028 but with Tax / Title / Etching / Document Fee = 34,040$ OTD.

Picked up Running boards for an additional 999$

So altogether 35,039$

Do you think that was a good price? I feel like we could have done better.
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Moderator,

We need a new thread for the 2014 Pilot slated for debut in the summer of 2013.
  • pet2012pet2012 Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote for a new Honda 2013 Pilot EX 4WD without additional options at $29506 + destination fee $830 + tax + document fee and title/tag in PA/NJ area, MSRP is $ 34100, invoice is $31251. Is it possible that I can get OTD (out of door) at ~ 31k? Anyone has the recent purchase experience?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    Start right here!

2014 Honda Pilot

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• beachin2beachin2 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    I used Edmunds and KBB to request a dealer quote. Had 2 dealers reply in 15 min and 3 more within a day in the Charlotte, NC area.

Best price at the moment. 2013 EX 4WD is $28,922, +$830 destination, +$500 doc fee, +$950 to add leather, and they threw in the trailer wiring harness. Don't forget the .9% Honda financing !

Every dealer offered to price match, but figured the one who offered the best price on their own deserves my business.
  • pet2012pet2012 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking for 2013 Pilot EX 4WD without any additional options.
    It looks like that ~32K for OTD will be a good deal.
    Anyone can help me for the price range, if you have a recent purchase experience?
    Thanks a lot.
    It is really a pain for purchasing a new car and negotiating with dealers, I really wish I could buy a car like buying an item in a department store, just pay the list price. In that case, the delers will lose their job, it is not good.
  • vicdayalvicdayal Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Just bought a 2013 2WD Touring for $38.5k (~$37k for base touring plus $1.5k for tint, wheel locks, door edge protectors, plus package, blah blah).
  • longhornpilotlonghornpilot Member Posts: 1
    I hear complete redesign to look like all the damn copycat crossovers aka ford escape, Tucson ad nauseous. I love my 2010 BIG PILOT and hate the downsized crossovers. I am sorely tempted to buy a 2013 but I can't part with my loaded Pilot.
  • jt001jt001 Member Posts: 3
    What did you get your '12 for? Any idea on invoice prices for '13 or '12 Pilots EX-L FWD?
    Does anyone know the invoice price for a 2013 Pilot EX-L FWD? What is the lowest out the door price someone has paid?
    Can't help you with a FWD, but picked up a 2013 EX 4WD w/dealer installed leather, trailer wiring harness, cargo mat and all weather mats for $30,702 plus doc and TTL. The leather is Katzkin and very nice !

I found using Edmunds and KBB to get dealer quotes worked very well. Dealers were hungry and responsive. This is in the Charlotte, NC area. :)
    Thanks for the post - what was your OTD price after your quote of 30,702?
  • arlopunkarlopunk Member Posts: 2
    Invoice of 31251 is close to what I was quoted for my 2013 EX 4WD, and consistent with most dealerships. Because of the vast amount of information available to consumers and the transparency of these transactions it's actually not easy for a reputable Dealer to maneuver a buyer into paying more than they should for a specific vehicle. My OTD cost (with custom rubber floormats, $215) was 32400 and I feel that's more than fair for what I'm getting. This is a tough, versatile, superbly fitted SUV and I'm happy. Cheers Mate
  • arlopunkarlopunk Member Posts: 2
    Purchased 2013 Pilot EX 4WD from Brandfon Honda in Branford CT... fair and reasonable, zero [non-permissible content removed]. I traded an immaculate 2008 Saturn Vue with 47k and got $10,000 for it, which means they get to make a few bucks when they re-sell it and that's okay with me. OTD cost: 32,400.
  • sksjedisksjedi Member Posts: 22
    Vicday,

Was the 38.5 your OTD price? or was it price before TTL? If yougot it for 37 K base, that was close to invoice correct?

Cheers!
  • dmodi77dmodi77 Member Posts: 1
    How did you negotiate to get this price? The dealer we saw will not budge from 34645 OTD and our is just 2WD???
  • chiku18chiku18 Member Posts: 23
    I was quoted by OH dealer 30,091 plus TTL for Honda 2013 Pilot EX 4WD ? What do you guys think ?
    Hey sorry for the delayed reply but we were out of town on vacation. Dealer charged $500 doc fee and Title/Tag was $100.

BTW, we averaged 21 MPG on the first 1300 miles for a trip we took. Car was packed full, 4 passengers, plus a hitch mounted basket w/300lbs on it !

It rides nice and quiet with plenty of pickup. :shades:
  • chiku18chiku18 Member Posts: 23
    Finally got offer of 29500 for 2013 EX 4WD plus TTL and 250 doc fee. What you experts think?
  • njpaindocnjpaindoc Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    Brought in a Honda 2011 touring 4wd, 40k miles on clock for trade in (25k remaining on financing ) to trade in, being offered a 2012 honda touring 4wd - zero down and 575/mth for 60 months. Any opinions and feedback will be greatly appreciated. By the way the dealership wants 650/mth (zero down ) for a 2013 model. Dealershp in northern NJ - NJPAINDOC
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    Just curious, what are they giving you on the trade? Your buyout? Or more?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• civictorycivictory Member Posts: 73
    When I first read your post, I didn't understand the trade. On second look, I assume the trade is basically a wash. If that's the case, and if this is a typical turnover for you (1-2 years), why not lease?
  • novo4novo4 Member Posts: 3
    We got quoted $33,188 OTD for 2013 pilot EX-L. What do you guys think? Should I continue to shop and ask other dealers or is this a great deal?
  • kru15kru15 Member Posts: 3
    It seems a good price! if its OTD all inclusive, make sure if you can get side step rail at a decent price from the same dealer, if u have a family then this is a must have!
  • njpaindocnjpaindoc Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    They will write off the old loan, I start anew, my payments are about $125/ less than what I am presently paying , I drive extensively, about 20k miles / year and hence and not keen on lease options, The way I look at this I am paying 575x60 = 34500 for a 2012 model with zero miles on the clock, I pay $0 down, only payments are $575 for 5 yrs. I am hoping to keep this car for longer, the whole process of contemplating a trade in began when a dealership called me inquiring if I was interested in doing so and hence kindled my interest. Appreciate the feedback. NJPAINDOC
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    Gotcha. We seem to be in the same boat. We also do about 20K per year driving. My wife's 2011 EXL w/ Navigation (purchased in May 2011) currently has just over 30K miles on the odometer (our principle balance is now $26,436.33). I think you did well with the leftover 2012 for $575/ month. We're paying $678.66 per month (2.9 financing). I'm thinking of refinancing this May.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Ok we got a 2013 Pilot EX-L for $32,725 otd with all taxes and fees. Let me know what you guys think...
  • joesoljoesol Member Posts: 6
    looks like a solid price. What dealer?
  • joesoljoesol Member Posts: 6
    looks like a solid price. What dealer?
    largo Honda in florida city. Best Deal by a lot from 5 different dealers.
  • jocastajocasta Member Posts: 9
    I got pricing from the closest 4 dealers and the lowest quote for the 2013 PILOT 2WD EX-L is $31,7xx before TTL. This is Southern California (Anaheim area) sales tax is 7.75% and unknown title/license fees as of right now. I also contacted one of the dealers to price additional options such as the roof rack, side steps, door guards, all-season floor mats which will be on top of this price. I believe there is room to negotiate down the total price considering some previous posters are getting the same model without these options for ~$29,xxx. My plan would be to use the lowest quote to get the dealers to beat each bid successively, or if I hit a 'floor' price that still seems high, I plan to look in a further are for other dealers and try another round of quotes. I would be ok with an OTD price around $31k with all those options I listed, but how likely would that occur?
  • azjigsazjigs Member Posts: 6
    It's hard to compare OTD prices with other posts (due to geographical area & sales tax involved) so, I'm trying to get to what others have paid in base price?

The invoice price I want to offer to the dealers is $31700 (including destination fee of $830) + tax (8.8% - $2800 to 9.3% - $2950), title & registration ($600) & doc fee ($400). With everything added comes out to approximately $35500.

Every dealer I talk to in Phoenix, AZ is laughing at this price and closest price I have gotten is still $1,000 more than what I'm willing to pay for this model.

Has anyone recently purchased this vehicle in AZ and at what price?

Should I stick to the price I want or do I need to increase by $500 or so?

Thanks
  • zerobackzeroback Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy 2013 Honda Pilot 4WD Touring with accessories: Side Step - Chrome and All Season Mats. The quote I got from a local dealer is OTD price: $38570+$3330(tax) =$41900

Is it a reasonable price? or shall I continue shopping around? Thank you very much for your opinion
  • mtns2seamtns2sea Member Posts: 4
    Might be reasonable for what the dealers want, but that price is very close to the base price for an Acura MDX. With the incentives they will be offering on the MDX (because the all-new 2014 MDX was just announced), the prices might be almost the same.
  • musicitytigermusicitytiger Member Posts: 10
    You can do better. Antrim Way Honda in Greencastle, PA sold a 4WD EX-L for $31,700. (Price was reported at: voiceofthedriver.com)

I would try to get the dealer into that ballpark or start talking to some other dealers.
    Jocasta,

Any luck getting to price you want?

I'm in the Phoenix, AZ area and the best offer I have gotten so far for 2013 Pilot 2WD Ex-L is $32,000 + TTL. This price does not include anything extra such as door guards, tint, roof rack, side steps.
    edited January 2013
    They (the fleet dealer reps) keep calling me (I dont pick up because I would rather have everything in an email) and also emailing me to ask if I am still interested. My strategy was to wait closer to the middle-end of the month to see if they get the 'end of month' desperation to make a sale. But these are the fleet sales so they say they get paid on quantity of sales rather than markup per vehicle like a normal salesman. Still I would like to get as close to the best deal I can.

My $31,7xx 2013 Pilot EX-L 2WD price was the base price (options were quoted much higher, probably because they were inflating prices and installation charges, than the www.handa-accessories.com sales prices). I may be going in this weekend to test drive and try to negotiate at the closest Dealership A. I have no qualms with walking out if they are not willing to deal as I am in no immediate rush to buy today. Also by having email quotes I can use Dealership A to outbid Dealership B, then use Dealership C to beat them all, then go back to Dealership A for 'match or beat' negotiation since it is the closest dealership to my house. That was my strategy for my 2005 Honda Accord and it worked out fairly well. My only question was how some posters were getting quotes on the 2013 Pilot EX 4WD base price around $29,xxx. Again, I am in no serious rush, but if the price is right I can buy now. Also I was planning to pay cash instead of keeping the money earning 0.1% interest in the bank.
    Where are you getting this price? I am getting a higher quote for the 2013 EX-L 2WD. I guess I should look at the invoice price of the 4WD EX first, I was focused only on the EX-L 2WD so my judgement is off.
    I'm in the same boat as you. Not in the hurry to buy but, if deal is right I will buy right now.

I saw somewhere that Honda Pilot 2014 was going to get make over and the exterior was going to be redesigned. Have you seen anything in this regards?

If this was the case I was thinking about waiting until summer to see what the 2014 looked like and if I didn't like the looks then stick with 2013 model and get better pricing.
  • fatofato Member Posts: 3
    I've just joined and would like to consult with you guys regarding the choice of a car.
    Now I'm thinking of buying a new Honda Pilot (Denver location).
    How much does it cost? and where can I buy this vehicle?
    want to find the CHEAPEST and the most RELIABLE place to buy it in US...
  • a1000monkeysa1000monkeys Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    Price I got was 33,909.17 including chrome step-ups, roof rails and cross bars, which I believe was quoted at $1,270 (the options were about $200 cheaper than quotes I received from 3 other dealers), so base price of around $32,639. A bit more than I wanted to pay but they gave me $500 trade in for my junk car. I think I might have been able to do $800 better if I shopped around more but in the end they got me the color I wanted from another dealer so I took the deal and made the newbie salesman's day (his first sale on his first day). Also got 0.9% financing for 60 months.

This was in NorCal Bay Area.
    Did you mean 2WD - Ex-L at price of $33,909? or was that for 4WD?
    I would recommend signing a subscription with Consumer Reports. Org for about $33/year that includes Car Best Deals Plus and get the invoice price with all available vehicles. You maybe able to find all of the information thru other websites but, just makes it easier at CR.